PDA

View Full Version : Could Yogi get the Aberdeen job?

4 Front Teeth
27-11-2010, 08:31 PM
I would love it if he does, and if he does well. It would teach the Hibs fans a good lesson to see Yogi and Mixu doing well.

Both Yogi and Mixu should have been given way longer - FACT

marinello59
27-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Yogi could get the Aberdeen job and I would wish him well if he did. He'd need all the good wishes he could get.

down the slope
27-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Crap, we would have been beaten today.

Dirkster23
27-11-2010, 08:42 PM
I would love it if he does, and if he does well. It would teach the Hibs fans a good lesson to see Yogi and Mixu doing well.

IMHO we'd be playing in the 1st division next season if Yogi had been kept on.

Mixu did well at Cowdenbeath and in Finland. It looks like he's got Killie playing well and picking up some decent results. Who knows how it might have panned out at Hibs if he was given longer and some money to spend.

4 Front Teeth
27-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Crap, we would have been beaten today.

Those who chose to listen to what Yogi told us know that it was a long term project, post Jan most of the passengers / toxic players would have been given the bullet. Something that Colin will probably do and take the credit for (obviously I'm fully behind Colin now that he's here)

4 Front Teeth
27-11-2010, 08:49 PM
IMHO we'd be playing in the 1st division next season if Yogi had been kept on.

Mixu did well at Cowdenbeath and in Finland. It looks like he's got Killie playing well and picking up some decent results. Who knows how it might have panned out at Hibs if he was given longer and some money to spend.

I know - it would have panned out well. Just like it would have if Yogi and JC stayed.

lEXO
27-11-2010, 08:52 PM

FACT OFF. Did you watch Hibs in the last 7 months of Yogi,s time with us.I wish him well whatever he does, but him teaching us a lesson.He,d lost the plot completely.
:taxi

jackhfc
27-11-2010, 08:57 PM
If yogi went to the sheep i'd wish him and BR all the best, and I think the only reason mixu's doing well at killie is the style of football he's changd to (playing it from the back rather than hoofing it up like at hibs):agree:

Oh and that Connor Sammon fella is a goal machine :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 09:05 PM

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Maybe we should start supporting Aberdeen and Killie then:confused:

jackhfc
27-11-2010, 09:13 PM
:faf: :faf: :faf:

Maybe we should start supporting Aberdeen and Killie then:confused:

Or maybe just wish the ex hibs players and managers well? :confused:

SurferRosa
27-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Those who chose to listen to what Yogi told us know that it was a long term project, post Jan most of the passengers / toxic players would have been given the bullet. Something that Colin will probably do and take the credit for (obviously I'm fully behind Colin now that he's here)

The bulk of whom were brought to the club by Hughes, yet he`s no tae blame...! Maybe we should have given Jim Duffy more time aswell....:rolleyes:

4 Front Teeth
27-11-2010, 10:06 PM
The bulk of whom were brought to the club by Hughes, yet he`s no tae blame...! Maybe we should have given Jim Duffy more time aswell....:rolleyes:

Most Hibs fans should know that there has been a problem with the Hibs players culture / attitudes (or whatever) for the past few years. JC, Mixu and Yogi suffered becauee of this.

No matter what the environment, changing a culture is a tough task, but not insurmountable. Even good guys can be affected by a bad culture. Yogi told RP that this was a long term project and what needed to be done (mass change); RP agreed, sanctioned Yogis plan and then panicked last minute

sleeping giant
27-11-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't think he will get the Aberdeen job.
I think he will have to drop a division and gain promotion to get into the SPL again.

SurferRosa
27-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Most Hibs fans should know that there has been a problem with the Hibs players culture / attitudes (or whatever) for the past few years. JC, Mixu and Yogi suffered becauee of this.

No matter what the environment, changing a culture is a tough task, but not insurmountable. Even good guys can be affected by a bad culture. Yogi told RP that this was a long term project and what needed to be done (mass change); RP agreed, sanctioned Yogis plan and then panicked last minute

Sorry but i dont agree with that. Of course there`s been disruptive influences at Hibs, as there is at a lot of clubs, nothing new there. The bottom line is that during the tenures of the last three managers, a lot of cash has been spent on decidedly pi55 poor players. That`s been the problem.....bad players, and having listened to Yogi talk garbage in pre and post match interviews over the last 18 months or so it seemed to me that this "plan" involved taking us into the 1st division, which is where we were goin.
If you believe all the cliches he continually spouted then you must have been one of the "fitba guys " that "knew what wiz goin on there". Sorry mate but John Hughes was going to be disasterous for our club and the right decision was taken to remove him.

RickyS
27-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Sorry but i dont agree with that. Of course there`s been disruptive influences at Hibs, as there is at a lot of clubs, nothing new there. The bottom line is that during the tenures of the last three managers, a lot of cash has been spent on decidedly pi55 poor players. That`s been the problem.....bad players, and having listened to Yogi talk garbage in pre and post match interviews over the last 18 months or so it seemed to me that this "plan" involved taking us into the 1st division, which is where we were goin.
If you believe all the cliches he continually spouted then you must have been one of the "fitba guys " that "knew what wiz goin on there". Sorry mate but John Hughes was going to be disasterous for our club and the right decision was taken to remove him.

take no pleasure in agreeing with you, but I do.
I really wanted him to succeed and despite throwing third away, 4th was a successful finish and an improvement on 6th the previous 2 seasons. but the final statistic of 4 or 5 wins in 33 would get any manager in the world sacked, anyway I am sure RP would have agreed wholesale change was required and backed Yogi to do that but he would have still expected a better win rate than 1 in 8 while those wholesale changes were being implemented.

Sammy7nil
27-11-2010, 11:24 PM
No

jackhfc
27-11-2010, 11:26 PM

Mind changing your avatar mate, it truly does gee me the boke :greengrin

hibee bouncer
28-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Unless Magoo walks, he'll no get any job up there. Rumour doing the rounds up north that the sheep can't afford to sack him. And Magoo feels his club just haven't been getting the breaks and they'll turn the corner soon! Think he's been saying that for weeks!

Bostonhibby
28-11-2010, 08:34 AM

Sauzee should get it then...................

Part/Time Supporter
28-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Unless Magoo walks, he'll no get any job up there. Rumour doing the rounds up north that the sheep can't afford to sack him. And Magoo feels his club just haven't been getting the breaks and they'll turn the corner soon! Think he's been saying that for weeks!

Magoo sounded like a beaten man in his interview yesterday (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9235186.stm), which he didn't after the 9-0 or the couple of defeats following that. I think AFC have backed themselves into a corner by publicly backing Magoo. They would look completely idiotic if they sacked him just a few weeks later. Hamilton's failure to get off the bottom of the league also eases the pressure a little bit.

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Or maybe just wish the ex hibs players and managers well? :confused:

Yeah ok lets hope all our failed managers go on to prove us wrong and be spectacular successes at other SPL clubs.......:confused:

PeterboroHibee
28-11-2010, 10:00 AM
All the best to him he but wasnt a good manager for Hibs, and he really wasnt taking us forward. We had no fight, the players didnt seem to know what they were doing on occasions, his tactics and subsitutions (or lack of) were bizarre at times.

We were really easy for other teams to beat and have been for some time; the defence was shocking and if the strikers werent firing, we would lose, simple as. At least Calderwood is getting something out of what we have.

If McGhee goes (and I hope he doesnt, his post match interviews are really entertaining), I really dont get what a board would see in Hughes after his last year and a bit with Hibs.

Pretty Boy
28-11-2010, 10:04 AM

Absolute nonsense.

Mixu admits he made mistakes at Hibs. He also states he used his time out of the game to analyse his coaching and management style and make changes. This has worked out to Kilmarnocks advantage, had Mixu remained at Hibs would he have had the chance to alter his style for the better? I doubt it because there would have been no need for him to do so.

Hughes was turning into a disaster. Even a long term project needs to show some signs of progress in the sort term and this Hibs side certainly weren't. The players need to take a share of the blame but Hughes seemed unable to see what was staring him in the face. His attitude and behaviour in the dug out up in Perth in the last game before he was sacked was the final straw for me, it was the actions of a man who had lost the plot. Sending out young Horner to warm up with a view to putting him on after only 20 minutes then making no subs at all as the team fell apart, the actions of a man who had cracked under the pressure.

If Hughes gets the Aberdeen job i'b be delighted because having lived up there for a while i really don't like that club, with Yogi as manager relegation would be a very real possibility for them.

Ernie Cobra
28-11-2010, 10:05 AM

Aye cause his record was inspirational.....no need to read the rest of the 9 + pages coming, i'll assume that everyone else will state the obvious with regards to BOTH the empty heids you mentioned

Phil D. Rolls
28-11-2010, 10:09 AM

:hmmm:

If Mixu had been given longer, Yogi would still be at Falkirk. See, you didn't think that one through, did you?

Apart from the fact that Mixu admitted himself he wasn't ready, and benefited from a year out, and the fact that Yogi had us heading to D1, I agree with most of your post.:yawn:

Yogi, your plans were about as realistic as the one I have to build a B52 bomber in my back garden, don't know how I'll do it, where I'll get the parts, but if people give me enough time, I'll give it a right good go.

KeithTheHibby
28-11-2010, 10:32 AM

Mixu is doing extremely well at Killie at the moment however time will tell if he is the real deal in management. I do think the Hibs job came along too early in his managerial career.

Yogi is a different kettle of fish and I do believe that as a manager he is very limited in ability, look at some of the ***** that has left CC to deal with.

Judas Iscariot
28-11-2010, 10:43 AM

Who?

The real dross, Rankin, Hogg, Stevenson, Nish were all here already..

Hughes signed some really good players, Stokes, Miler, Dickoh, McBride, the GK's...

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-11-2010, 10:51 AM

Both these subjects have been done to death and what a real dissapointment it was to open this thread and find out it was yet another exercise in muck-raking and self harm.

If you leave out the pointless hot air about how long JH and MP had at Easter Road, Aberdeen need organised and need sturdy 4-4-2 to keep them in the SPL. Hughes can't do that. MP is a former Dons player and he will know that they are a far bigger proposition than Killie, but the Dons chairman won't dig deep to get him.
I wouldn't bet against Gus McPherson.

Beefster
28-11-2010, 11:11 AM

I hope Brian Kerr scores a hat-trick the next time he plays against Hibs. That'll teach us.

The form that Hughes had us in since February was stick-on relegation form. We should have given him until we were definitely relegated though.

hibiedude
28-11-2010, 11:21 AM

I hope you’re aware that prizes are giving out at the end of the season and not 12-13 games in to the new season.

Mixu has done well so far but again I’m sure you’ll know with the January transfer window opens and they lose there better players like Sammon and a few others that will be the time to Judge Mixu.

As for Yogi if he gets the Aberdeen job then he better get ready for 1st division football next season and lets not forget our own form at this moment which was down to Yogi inept management skills so Yogi and Aberdeen look like a good match.

Hibs will never rue the day they parted company with Yogi FACT

jackhfc
28-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah ok lets hope all our failed managers go on to prove us wrong and be spectacular successes at other SPL clubs.......:confused:

Theres wishing them the best, then theres what you wrote, and IMO Yogi was not a failed manager, just needed more time IMO

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Theres wishing them the best, then theres what you wrote, and IMO Yogi was not a failed manager, just needed more time IMO

If Yogi was given more time he would have quite easily taken us to the first division......Although he would have gave it a right good go in the process

Pretty Boy
28-11-2010, 11:51 AM
If Yogi was given more time he would have quite easily taken us to the first division......Although he would have gave it a right good go in the process

At least fitba guys would have kent what was going on. Yogi was also aware of what they boys could dae in training so i think eventually it would have come good.

MSK
28-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Theres wishing them the best, then theres what you wrote, and IMO Yogi was not a failed manager, just needed more time IMONonsense ..we were going nowhere but down under Yogi ..performances were absolutley dire, his inability to change things & his bizarre use or non use of substitutions added to his tunnel visioned game plans tell me he was a manager out of his depth ..

Chuck in his perseverance to nominate & play a well out of form Captain in Hogg week in week out & his stubborn= ness to ignore the fact Hogg was struggling big time ..

I could go on ..

I think the change was correct & i believe CC will ring the changes he see's fit come the transfer window ..:agree:

Jack
28-11-2010, 12:19 PM

P!SH more like.
Both managers were too dogmatic while they were at Hibs - neither could see anything other than what they were doing was the right thing despite dire football and results.
Mixu has had time to refect on this and is setting up Killie very differently from how he set us up - he's learned.
Hopefully Yogi will reflect on his time with us and be the better for it.
I wish them both well - except when it affects us.

Phil D. Rolls
28-11-2010, 12:22 PM
P!SH more like.
Both managers were too dogmatic while they were at Hibs - neither could see anything other than what they were doing was the right thing despite dire football and results.
Mixu has had time to refect on this and is setting up Killie very differently from how he set us up - he's learned.
Hopefully Yogi will reflect on his time with us and be the better for it.
I wish them both well - except when it affects us.

Yogi could look at his own reflection for an hour, and still wonder where he'd seen the face before.

Jim44
28-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Magoo sounded like a beaten man in his interview yesterday (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9235186.stm), which he didn't after the 9-0 or the couple of defeats following that. I think AFC have backed themselves into a corner by publicly backing Magoo. They would look completely idiotic if they sacked him just a few weeks later. Hamilton's failure to get off the bottom of the league also eases the pressure a little bit.

Not really. It's classic par for the course for a CE to give a failing manager the unconditional support of the club and then sack him within weeks. They play Celtic then Hearts in the next two games. Two defeats will see him down the road, I suspect.

hibiedude
28-11-2010, 01:38 PM
How anyone thinks that Yogi would have come good at Hibs is beyond me. :bitchy:

hibbymac
28-11-2010, 03:17 PM

Would you also have been, 'taught a good lesson', or are you not a Hibs fan?

johnrebus
28-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Don't think that Yogi would have any chance of Pittodrie hot seat when McGoo is emptied.

Reckon he will have to go back to 1st - or maybe even 2nd Division to get his career back on track.

:agree:

RickyS
28-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Yogi could look at his own reflection for an hour, and still wonder where he'd seen the face before.

:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-11-2010, 07:38 PM
P!SH more like.

That is a very astute thing to say and TBH things could have very well panned out differently for MP if he had come back from Finland and turned things around and Killie and on that back of that, then come to Hibs.

Winston Ingram
28-11-2010, 08:49 PM

I hope he gets it. They'll get even worse. Mixu had an ok 3 months when he started with us. The others however were fv ckin diabolical

Part/Time Supporter
28-11-2010, 08:53 PM
That is a very astute thing to say and TBH things could have very well panned out differently for MP if he had come back from Finland and turned things around and Killie and on that back of that, then come to Hibs.

If he had been a dud at Killie first, would Mixu have been in the running for a Hibs vacancy? Based on the premise that Mixu had to try and pretty much fail at an SPL club first before getting it right the second time.

4 Front Teeth
28-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Would you also have been, 'taught a good lesson', or are you not a Hibs fan?

What I'm alluding to is the fact that as Hibs fans we should get behind the team and back the manager, especially promising managers that love Hibs.

When we see JC, Mixu and Yogi succeeding in the future, maybe we will learn that lesson. I believe that these guys, given full backing by the club and fans, would have been brilliant long term managers for us.

truehibernian
28-11-2010, 09:35 PM
If he had been a dud at Killie first, would Mixu have been in the running for a Hibs vacancy? Based on the premise that Mixu had to try and pretty much fail at an SPL club first before getting it right the second time.

Mixu had a good start, but to be fair the squad was at a low ebb when he took over. Once we lost Zemmama towards/at the split the first season, we toiled, huffed and puffed to the finish line. The football was okay but unspectacular the next season, again the loss of the wee man was telling.

If Killie lost Eremenko and Bryson for a spell I would bet that they would struggle to find consistency.

I like the big man, but the football was hit and miss. His teams certainly wouldn't have capitulated to the Yams as easily as Hughes' teams though. And very rarely did teams put 3 or 4 past us either. One that did put us ou the cup mind :boo hoo:

hibbymac
28-11-2010, 10:24 PM
What I'm alluding to is the fact that as Hibs fans we should get behind the team and back the manager, especially promising managers that love Hibs.

When we see JC, Mixu and Yogi succeeding in the future, maybe we will learn that lesson. I believe that these guys, given full backing by the club and fans, would have been brilliant long term managers for us.

Then why not say that. :confused:

Matty_Jack04
29-11-2010, 08:29 AM
I hope you’re aware that prizes are giving out at the end of the season and not 12-13 games in to the new season.

Mixu has done well so far but again I’m sure you’ll know with the January transfer window opens and they lose there better players like Sammon and a few others that will be the time to Judge Mixu.

As for Yogi if he gets the Aberdeen job then he better get ready for 1st division football next season and lets not forget our own form at this moment which was down to Yogi inept management skills so Yogi and Aberdeen look like a good match.

Hibs will never rue the day they parted company with Yogi FACT

:top marks

yogi had to go there is no defending the way the team was performing under his management.

As for mixu if he had us playing the football killie are playing he would have got more time the fact the football was horrendous to the eye and results werent good either made the noose for his own neck.

IWasThere2016
29-11-2010, 09:12 AM

Are the Eberdeen supermarket chains looking for trolley boys?

Nothing wrong with being a trolley boy - I'm just trying to find a match for Yogi's skillset :wink: :greengrin

We are well rid.

Big 6-2's Killie are playing good stuff - WAAAAY better than we played under him or Yogi ftm

4 Front Teeth
01-12-2010, 10:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9248781.stm

Let's hope yogi gets another chance without having to drop down a league!

King Paddy
01-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Doubt if Aberdeen would risk Yogi due to his poor run of results at ER. But never say never as they say.

IWasThere2016
01-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Cannae see it being Yogi. Heard Sheep fancy McGlynn fae Raith and Fartley as his bum chum.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9248781.stm

Let's hope yogi gets another chance without having to drop down a league!

Why??

Danderhall Hibs
02-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Why??

Maybe he thinks the "fans" didn't get behind him when he needed it?

Removed
02-12-2010, 01:28 PM

At least our "fans" never gobbed on him.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2010, 01:39 PM

:agree:

aberhibsfc
02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
I think he will and whatsmore he'll probably do a good job.

He won't be affected by it being the team he played for and supports. He'll approach it as pure and simply a manager. He is an infectious sort who will encourage support from their masses and knows how to unearth decent players.

We can look at Mixu as an example of someone leaving ER and embracing a job without the baggage of being a legend at said club. They have to re-invent themselves and approach the job single mindedly.

Given Aberdeens location, they have in the past either lived of reputation or additional funds to acquire the calibre of player required. Now they have neither and I think Hughes is just the person to find them the kind of players to improve their squad.

McGhee was a clueless twat, you just had to observe his initiall outing as an Aberdeen boss, sacking Leighton then crisitsing players before realising he couldn't move them on eg Young. I'm afraid McGhee lacks the skills and certainly the man management required to be a good manager. He started well at Motherwell but I think that was due to little expectation and decent backroom support.

Go for it Yogi, all the best but ffs don't turn it on against us.

Dashing Bob S
02-12-2010, 01:43 PM
The bald facts are that Hughes saved Falkirk and took Hibs into Europe on first attempt. Yes, he also flirted with disaster with both clubs. He has to be a strong candidate for Aberdeen and it's likely, as with Mixu at Killie, he'd be succesful. Yes, there is an arguement that both men ought to have been given longer in order to change the culture at ER, but are far stronger one for us AVOIDING EX PLAYERS who are too emotionally involved and have too high expectations (fans expectations) of mediocre players and grow frustrated.

It's early days, but in CC I feel that we have a cool head and are on the right track.

But anybody who thinks that Yogi is useless and would automatically fail at Aberdeen is as deluded as someone who thinks that Mixu has just somehow lucked out by inheriting a Killie team that was heading for the knackers yard.

Both men are talented young managers, and sad to say, they were just at the wrong club.