PDA

View Full Version : Allan 'dobber' Preston

KeithTheHibby
27-11-2010, 07:28 PM
I had to leave the game at half time today as my wee lad wasn't well therefore ended up listening to open all mikes on the radio.

When CC made the double subby bringing on Stephens and Wotherspoon, Preston made the comment that the fans were singing 'You don't know what you are doing', if correct I assume it was in the direction of the manager?

Or is this just another example of this fanny sticking the boot into the cabbage?

bringbackbenny
27-11-2010, 07:31 PM
When CC made the double subby bringing on Stephens and Wotherspoon, Preston made the comment that the fans were singing 'You don't know what you are doing', if correct I assume it was in the direction of the manager?

Or is this just another example of this fanny sticking the boot into the cabbage?

Dunno, he is a dobber though :agree:

Mikey
27-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Didn't hear that from the lower west.

matty_f
27-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Didn't hear that from the lower west.

Neither did I.
More likely folk were singing it at preston.

KeithTheHibby
27-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks, to be honest I would have been very surprised if fans had been singing that towards the manager.
At the time Richard Gordon did try and pick up on his comment however was drowned out by someone else at another ground.

I am not sure how that cock manages to cover so many Hibs games, he talks the biggest load of pish on the planet.

Removed
27-11-2010, 07:42 PM
I never heard that. A few sharp intakes of breath but the way Murray was playing there had to be a good reason why he was subbed. And I couldn't really blame him for taking Miller off. He did have a good spell just before he went off but was pretty poor before that imo.

And yes Preston is a grade A fanny

sahib
27-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I never heard that. A few sharp intakes of breath but the way Murray was playing there had to be a good reason why he was subbed. And I couldn't really blame him for taking Miller off. He did have a good spell just before he went off but was pretty poor before that imo.

And yes Preston is a grade A fanny

Miller worked really hard. He is always available to take a pass and very often in tight situations. He is one of our best players. If we could construct a team around him of equivalent or better players then I think we would have taken a giant step forward. I don't expect it will happen though.

Bishop Hibee
27-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I had to leave the game at half time today as my wee lad wasn't well therefore ended up listening to open all mikes on the radio.

Lies from a Romanov apologist. He'll greet like a bairn when (I hope) they go belly up.

greenlex
27-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Miller worked really hard. He is always available to take a pass and very often in tight situations. He is one of our best players. If we could construct a team around him of equivalent or better players then I think we would have taken a giant step forward. I don't expect it will happen though.
Miller has a pea sized Heart and always and I mean always takes a touch too much.There are times I swear I think he is practicing his riverdance. One touch and pass (preferably forward ) Please Mr Miller.

OhAye and Perston is a coq. There was no such chant.

sleeping giant
27-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Didnt hear any chant but i was sure thinking it.

whiskyhibby
28-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Absolute pish...........no such chants

Hibbyradge
28-11-2010, 11:35 AM
There was no such chant.

Sprouleflyer
28-11-2010, 11:36 AM

:agree:

Miller plays with his head up, always looks for the ball and is always available to receive the ball.

It is not his fault that either side of him he has the 2 most static midfielders around in Rankin and De Graaf. No wonder he has to turn back on himself, no one makes themselves available for a pass.

Oh aye, Preston is a grade A twat!!!

BEEJ
28-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Absolute pish...........no such chants

There was no such chant.
Someone from ER should challenge Preston or the BBC on this comment - ****-stirring from the journalists should not be tolerated.

Presumably as Yogi's cousin, Preston has an axe to grind.

greenlex
28-11-2010, 11:42 AM

Miller plays with his head up, always looks for the ball and is always available to receive the ball.

It is not his fault that either side of him he has the 2 most static midfielders around in Rankin and De Graaf. No wonder he has to turn back on himself, no one makes themselves available for a pass.
There is no doubt Miller plays with his head up and is always available and looking for the ball. As our midfield creator he needs to do something with it a bit faster than he does. By the time he has had the extra touch any momentum is lost as is any forward pass or creativeness. Rankin can be accused of a good few things but static isnt one of them.

Hibbyradge
28-11-2010, 11:45 AM

Oh aye, Preston is a grade A twat!!!

Miller didn't spot players overlapping on a few occasions. That is his fault.

Toaods
...that's sheer 100% fabrication, I'm going to give John Reid a call to ask for his resignation. :cool2:

Sir David Gray
Can somebody please tell me why this guy keeps getting sent by the BBC to cover Hibs matches?

I don't mind people of a Hearts persuasion covering Hibs games if they are actually going to be professional about things but that is not something that Allan Preston has ever managed to do whenever he is asked to comment about Hibs. He can't help but make sarcastic comments and wee digs about Hibs and as an employee of the BBC, that is not on.

The Harp
28-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Preston's even thicker than I thought he was if he thinks anyone gives a toss about his mutterings.
Mind you, it doesn't say much for the recruitment procedure at the BBC if theyre prepared to employ the biased clown in the first place. :bitchy:

Phil D. Rolls
28-11-2010, 01:17 PM
There was no such chant.

Someone from ER should challenge Preston or the BBC on this comment - ****-stirring from the journalists should not be tolerated.

Presumably as Yogi's cousin, Preston has an axe to grind.

Can somebody please tell me why this guy keeps getting sent by the BBC to cover Hibs matches?

I don't mind people of a Hearts persuasion covering Hibs games if they are actually going to be professional about things but that is not something that Allan Preston has ever managed to do whenever he is asked to comment about Hibs. He can't help but make sarcastic comments and wee digs about Hibs and as an employee of the BBC, that is not on.

Preston's even thicker than I thought he was if he thinks anyone gives a toss about his mutterings.
Mind you, it doesn't say much for the recruitment procedure at the BBC if theyre prepared to employ the biased clown in the first place. :bitchy:

I sense righteous indignation simmering away. The man should never work again - anybody got access to his BBC eMail account?

(ps, I agree, he his a phanny).

stanton_4
28-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Preston's from Leith and the majority of his mates are Hibby's. He must have his mobile on silent all the time cos they all text each other constantly to slag each other off. The comment was most probably for their benefit.

ekhibee
28-11-2010, 02:06 PM
To be honest, Preston doesn't bother me that much, Grade A Phanny's don't bother me and never have, he doesn't really seem to have much of a clue about Hibs despite nearly always covering their games. People like him, and Ewan Cameron of Real Radio, are just sensationalist numpties who know as much about Hibs as I do about nuclear physics, in other words **** all. I was at the game yesterday and as far as I'm concerned there was no such chant, but he's got away with blatant nonsense on Radio Scotland before and he will again.

aberhibsfc
28-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm Spartacus.

And, oh aye, Preston's a cock!!

DavieB
30-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm Spartacus.

And, oh aye, Preston's a cock!!

Do what I did..........make an official complaint on the BBC website

allezsauzee
30-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Maybe it was the wee voice in his head that he was hearing?