PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish

Pages : [1] 2

3pm
27-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I certainly don't want to tell anyone how to behave at a game but I personally find the stick / applause and cheering when subbed cringeworthy!

Who does a bit booing and who thinks it's a bit OTT?

seanraff07
27-11-2010, 07:01 PM
I think it's a bit over the top, he's bad enough as it is telling him he's murder every 2 mins isn't going to help him. At the end of the day he shouldn't be getting a game but there's not a whole lot more CC can do when we've no strikers. In saying that, i was quite impressed with Stephens up front when he came on for the last 20 mins.

Removed
27-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Were they not just cheering that CC was making a sub :confused: I'm sure that was the reason when it happened before when Yogi was the boss, or were they lying?

No matter how ***** Nish was today its disgraceful behaviour imo

MSK
27-11-2010, 07:02 PM
I certainly don't want to tell anyone how to behave at a game but I personally find the stick / applause and cheering when subbed cringeworthy!

Who does a bit booing and who thinks it's a bit OTT?Pathetic ..but if it aint Nish its another ..

DaveF
27-11-2010, 07:08 PM
The cheering \ booing was cringeworthy.

He's a Hibs player FFS - might not be one of our best, but to get at him the way some fans were is totally self defeating.

BroxburnHibee
27-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Some people really need to get a grip of themselves - what we witnessed today was disgusting.

Genuinely think there are an element of our support who could do with anger management courses.

The guy is a HIBS player FFS.

He may not be good enough.
He may be past his best.
He may not be able to stay on his feet.
He may not be able to pass the ball yards
He may not be able to out jump the smallest St Johnstone player.
He may be hurting just like the rest of us (I believe I read somewhere he is a Hibs fan)

However to be subjected to that stuff from so called fans was shameful.

Muppets.

PC Stamp
27-11-2010, 07:15 PM

He's a Hibs player FFS - might not be one of our best, but to get at him the way some fans were is totally self defeating.

Totally agree Dave. He wasn't having a great game but I'm damn sure he didn't deliberately go out to have a poor game. The fact that he's also a Hibs fan like us makes the cheering/booing even more cringeworthy if that was possible.

MSK

He's a Hibs player FFS - might not be one of our best, but to get at him the way some fans were is totally self defeating.His morale/confidence must be shot tae bits ..nae ****ing wonder ..

ClewsHibs
Were they not just cheering that CC was making a sub :confused: I'm sure that was the reason when it happened before when Yogi was the boss, or were they lying?

No matter how ***** Nish was today its disgraceful behaviour imo

definitely cheering nish's sub as it was either murray or miller got subbed off before him at the same break in play

Wotherspiniesta
27-11-2010, 07:16 PM
God sake he's not a bairn.

How long has he been a professional football player for? He'll know that he's getting it tight because he's not playing well. It's not like anybody hates the guy.

"cringeworthy"
"pathetic"
"disgraceful"

I wouldnt boo a Hibs player, but he's getting boo'd because he's playing crap. Simple as that.

MSK
27-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Some people really need to get a grip of themselves - what we witnessed today was disgusting.

Genuinely think there are an element of our support who could do with anger management courses.

He may be past his best.
He may not be able to saty on his feet.
He may be hurting just like the rest of us (I believe I read somewhere he is a Hibs fan)

Muppets.:agree:

Removed
27-11-2010, 07:17 PM
definitely cheering nish's sub as it was either murray or miller got subbed off before him at the same break in play

I wasn't being serious. That was the pathetic excuse the booers used last time they cheered a Nish substitution

Riordans Boots
27-11-2010, 07:18 PM

Couldn't agree more :agree:

MSK
27-11-2010, 07:18 PM

How long has he been a professional football player for? He'll know that he's getting it tight because he's not playing well. It's not like anybody hates the guy.

"cringeworthy"
"pathetic"
"disgraceful"

I wouldnt boo a Hibs player, but he's getting boo'd because he's playing crap. Simple as that.So that boosts his confidence then eh ..?

Get a grip !!! perhaps if you gave the lad some encouragement ...:bitchy:

Removed
27-11-2010, 07:19 PM

"cringeworthy"
"pathetic"
"disgraceful"

I wouldnt boo a Hibs player, but he's getting boo'd because he's playing crap. Simple as that.

I think you're wrong - some folk do hate him

DaveF
27-11-2010, 07:20 PM

"cringeworthy"
"pathetic"
"disgraceful"

Is it?

I never hear Riordan getting booed for pish games (and he's had a few) or what about Galbraith, Grounds, Brown today?

RoYO!
27-11-2010, 07:21 PM
i agree that it is cringeworthy, but I can say that I would be totally satisfied if I didn't see him in a hibs jersey again- it would mean that we had a better alternative. That said, I don't vocalise this at the game.

I kind of feel sorry for him in saying that... but then you realise that this guy's getting, what, 10's of thousands of pounds from Hibs every few months?....

does that not grate a bit?

Should we not be asking for better?

oldbutdim
27-11-2010, 07:23 PM

He may be past his best.
He may not be able to stay on his feet.

Muppets.

He had a poor day today, but I agree that he was treated shamefully.
I think your criticism of him in the post is OTT as well though.

I'm sure he knows that he had a bad day without the stick from the terraces. I must be getting soft.

matty_f
27-11-2010, 07:23 PM
The booing was out of order but it was nice to see a good number of people get off their backsides to clap him off the park.

That said, I would rate that performance as one of the worst I have every seen from a striker in a hibs jersey. I think he won 2 headers, and we had to wait til the second half for those. Aside from one free kick that he won, every attack we had in the first half at least, ended with us losing possession when the ball was played towards nish.

As if that wasn't frustrating enough, the one time where a decent cross did go in, nish made no more than a token attempt to win it. Didn't deserve the booing, but surely his time at hibs is limited with performances like that?

DaveF
27-11-2010, 07:24 PM
i agree that it is cringeworthy, but I can say that I would be totally satisfied if I didn't see him in a hibs jersey again- it would mean that we had a better alternative. That said, I don't vocalise this at the game.

I kind of feel sorry for him in saying that... but then you realise that this guy's getting, what, 10's of thousands of pounds from Hibs every few months?....

Don't disagree with your post at all. Pretty sure Nish will leave sooner rather than later and that will probably suit both parties well.

While he's here though, booing him ain't going to help him or the team.

ScottB
27-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Is it?

I never hear Riordan getting booed for pish games (and he's had a few) or what about Galbraith, Grounds, Brown today?

Because for a sizable chunk of our support, Nish, Rankin and Hogg are mince, even if they play well, even if they score, they are still itching to put the boot in.

Conversely, the Riordans and the Bambas can do no wrong.

Booing our own players is pathetic, why even turn up to the game to do that? I'm sure it does no favours for the entire team to hear their own fans chanting abuse at one of them.

BroxburnHibee
27-11-2010, 07:25 PM
He had a poor day today, but I agree that he was treated shamefully.
I think your criticism of him in the post is OTT as well though.

I'm sure he knows that he had a bad day without the stick from the terraces. I must be getting soft.

Actually I wasn't criticising him and I didn't at the game - just pointing out what happened today.

Did that justify the abuse he got?

ScottB
27-11-2010, 07:26 PM
It would seem CC agrees

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9235265.stm

talking_wiss
27-11-2010, 07:28 PM

Without condoning the booing I found the few folk that clapped him off the field more cringeworthy. What on earth could they clap Nish for? Effort: very little, control: woeful, holding up the ball: in the little opportunities he had very poor, headers: can't remember him wining one but the most disappointing thing for me was the complete and utter lack of movement from him, a tough shift up front on your todd but I don't think he broke out of a trot for the whole time he was on the park.

Yes, booing a hibs player isn't helpful but clapping that performance, by god our standards have fallen but that from Nish was utterly appalling.

BroxburnHibee
27-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Meant to say as well.................

One of the great things about the singing section today was it managed to drown out some of the moanin' b******s at times.
:greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

RoYO!
27-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Don't disagree with your post at all. Pretty sure Nish will leave sooner rather than later and that will probably suit both parties well.

While he's here though, booing him ain't going to help him or the team.

agreed :agree:

BroxburnHibee
27-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Without condoning the booing I found the few folk that clapped him off the field more cringeworthy. What on earth could they clap Nish for? Effort: very little, control: woeful, holding up the ball: in the little opportunities he had very poor, headers: can't remember him wining one but the most disappointing thing for me was the complete and utter lack of movement from him, a tough shift up front on your todd but I don't think he broke out of a trot for the whole time he was on the park.

Yes, booing a hibs player isn't helpful but clapping that performance, by god our standards have fallen but that from Nish was utterly appalling.

I think the applause was more of a reaction to the idiots with their ironic cheering.

DaveF
27-11-2010, 07:32 PM

I clapped him off for no other reason than to show a wee bit of solidarity with a player wearing the Hibs shirt.

Of course he had a ***** afternoon but no Hibs player deserves to leave the park to that kind of sarcastic reception.

matty_f
27-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I clapped him off for no other reason than to show a wee bit of solidarity with a player wearing the Hibs shirt.

Of course he had a ***** afternoon but no Hibs player deserves to leave the park to that kind of sarcastic reception.
Same here.

Wotherspiniesta
27-11-2010, 07:34 PM
So that boosts his confidence then eh ..?

Get a grip !!! perhaps if you gave the lad some encouragement ...:bitchy:

I wouldn't boo him.

Me, and I'm sure a lot of other fan's patience is running out with Nish though. He used to be inconsistent, but now he's just consistently rubbish. Believe me, I'd love nothing more than to see Nish do well at Hibs, if he can answer the boo boys like he did at the end of last season, then I'll be extremely happy for the guy.

But I seriously can't see it happening.

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 07:34 PM

Actually embarrassed by some so-called supporters..... Yes some may think he's poor, but today he was all we had in way of a striker, he hardly got any service whatsoever...... For sections of support to boo one of their own team during play, then cheer when he was being subbed was abysmal......

Just what does that do for his confidence and what about the rest of the team, are they then scared to make a mistake, in case the boo boys turn on them......

Pathetic, and obviously to some, they do not know the definition of "supporter"

500miles
27-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Nish's time will be over at Hibs soon. It's gotten to the point where he just cant win. There is no way you can put in a focussed performance when you know the crowd is waiting for you to make a mistake. A decent player, but not THAT good.

He'll end up back at Killie in the summer, get played up front, facing goal, with a forward willing to give him some help, and he'll score against us, or be a total pain in the arse for our back 4.

RoYO!
27-11-2010, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't boo him.

Me, and I'm sure a lot of other fan's patience is running out with Nish though. He used to be inconsistent, but now he's just consistently rubbish. Believe me, I'd love nothing more than to see Nish do well at Hibs, if he can answer the boo boys like he did at the end of last season, then I'll be extremely happy for the guy.

But I seriously can't see it happening.

I think it would be tricky for anyone to disagree with any of that.

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Nish is an awful player, its getting to the stage where he's entering Konte territory, with the amount of piss taking he's recieving. He's ridiculed on message boards, and now more and more at the games. He needs to leave for 2 reasons, he's not very good, and we need better. And to see if he can rescue some sort of career maybe in the 1st division

500miles
27-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Nish is an awful player, its getting to the stage where he's entering Konte territory. He's ridiculed on message boards, and now more and more at the games. He needs to leave for 2 reasons, he's not very good, and we need better. And to see if he can rescue some sort of career maybe in the 1st division

Rescue some sort of career in the first division? He's spent a year less than Riordan playing in the SPL, he's an established SPL goal scorer, and if he gets played properly, he'll show that.

RoYO!
27-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Nish's time will be over at Hibs soon. It's gotten to the point where he just cant win. There is no way you can put in a focussed performance when you know the crowd is waiting for you to make a mistake. A decent player, but not THAT good.

He'll end up back at Killie in the summer, get played up front, facing goal, with a forward willing to give him some help, and he'll score against us, or be a total pain in the arse for our back 4.

im sorry, im not trying to nit pick, but what are you basing that on?

Nudged and he falls over. no free-kick- nothing to do with the fans

high ball and he is bullied. no fight, no flick ons- nothing to do with the fans

can occassionaly be involved in nice link up play, but see points one and two as to why this is rare.

for anyone who hasn't seen my posts above, i'm not saying boo him or moan, but i'm looking for more from a hibs forward.

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Rescue some sort of career in the first division? He's spent a year less than Riordan playing in the SPL, he's an established SPL goal scorer, and if he gets played properly, he'll show that.

I doubt it, i cant think of any side in the SPL he'd enhance?

matty_f
27-11-2010, 07:57 PM
How do you play him properly? What does he bring to the table?
I genuinely can't see what her is good at. I take no pleasure in saying it either.
He isn't tenacious or hungry enough to snap up chances, her can't pass, has no pace, can't beat a man, had a terrible first touch, a worse second touch, wins almost no headers, can't play with his back to goal, shows nothing facing goal, can't stay on his feet, barely jumps for headers, is too slow tracking back...

I don't boo him at the games, or shout abuse when yet another attack breaks down but if we are to have any chance of improving as a team, then there is no room for performances like nish's today.

khib70
27-11-2010, 07:58 PM

:top marks A rare gem of common sense in amongst some of the self-righteous, sanctimonious garbage being spouted on here about Nish.

He's a grown man and a professional footballer. If a bit of booing makes him cry he's in the wrong job. We, on the other hand, pay his wages, and are entitled to express our opinion when any Hibs player puts in such a jaw-droppingly inept performance. The guy is way below the minimum standard required and is consistently more of a hindrance than a help. He didn't win a single ball in the air, fell over repeatedly and generally lolloped about like an extra in a low budget zombie film.

Booing is not a nice thing to hear, but I can totally understand why people want to do it. On the other hand those who stood up and clapped this huddie off the park defy analysis. "Look at me, I'm a proper Hibs fan". It was a hard copy of some of the head in sand pro-Nish posts on this board. (Which have now diversified into admins abusing posters who don't toe the party line)

I know he's a Hibs player. But he sodding well shouldnt be.

marinello59
27-11-2010, 08:00 PM

I clapped him off the pitch and really couldn't care less if you found it cringeworthy. Better that than being one of the ********s who booed him off it.

marinello59
27-11-2010, 08:03 PM
:top marks A rare gem of common sense in amongst some of the self-righteous, sanctimonious garbage being spouted on here about Nish.

He's a grown man and a professional footballer. If a bit of booing makes him cry he's in the wrong job. We, on the other hand, pay his wages, and are entitled to express our opinion when any Hibs player puts in such a jaw-droppingly inept performance. The guy is way below the minimum standard required and is consistently more of a hindrance than a help. He didn't win a single ball in the air, fell over repeatedly and generally lolloped about like an extra in a low budget zombie film.

Booing is not a nice thing to hear, but I can totally understand why people want to do it. On the other hand those who stood up and clapped this huddie off the park defy analysis. "Look at me, I'm a proper Hibs fan". It was a hard copy of some of the head in sand pro-Nish posts on this board. (Which have now diversified into admins abusing posters who don't toe the party line)

Surely this post is self righteous sanctimonious garbage given that it is you claiming the moral high ground here as you sneer at others and make assumptions about their motivation for giving one of our own some backing?

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 08:03 PM
I clapped him off the pitch and really couldn't care less if you found it cringeworthy. Better that than being one of the ********s who booed him off it.

:top marks:top marks

Agree marinello, imagine finding it cringeworthy that some of the naughty fans actually supported the team:confused:

DaveF
27-11-2010, 08:04 PM

That might be your view but it's most certainly not my opinion of myself as a Hibs fan.

I don't rate Nish - He needs to leave for his and the club's benefit but I see no point or positive reason to cheer him off the park as happened today.

If you didn't appreciate his performance just be happy he was subbed and get on with supporting the team. My action in clapping him off was just a silent 2 fingers to those who booed him. Nothing at all to do with being a proper hibs fan.

MSK
27-11-2010, 08:07 PM
You will be referring to me ..?

Im a hibs supporter ..i lose the rag at times ..thats what we do on here ..i await a skelp in the lug from fellow Admins for being a naughty hibbie ..how so ****ing dare i ..

BroxburnHibee
27-11-2010, 08:09 PM

I'm assuming you would expect the same from your boss when your performance dropped to "jaw droppingly inept".

I'm not pro-Nish as you put it.

I'm pro-Hibs - and abusing and sarcastically cheering players will help how? :dunno:

Please show me where an admin abused a poster.

DaveF
27-11-2010, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=marinello59;2648427]I clapped him off the pitch and really couldn't care less if you found it cringeworthy. Better that than being one of the ********s who booed him off it.[/QUOTE I didn't hear anyone booing or clapping him off the pitch :confused:

Was your hearing aid turned down? :greengrin

khib70
27-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Surely this post is self righteous sanctimonious garbage given that it is you claiming the moral high ground here as you sneer at others and make assumptions about their motivation for giving one of our own some backing?
Where exactly do I claim the moral high ground? There's no room up there anyway - it's been occupied by the Nish apologists.

I lay some claim to the factual high ground. You're the one trying to justify giving a standing ovation to one of the worst performances in a Hibs jersey in recent memory.

He's not a family member. He's an employee who gets paid to do a job, and consistently does it badly, or not at all. I'm not making assumptions about why people continue to support him regardless of that. I'm genuinely baffled about it.

500miles
27-11-2010, 08:11 PM
I doubt it, i cant think of any side in the SPL he'd enhance?

Any team that plays him next to hard working forward. At Hibs he either plays up on his own, or with Riordan - which is pretty much the same.

I tell you what, he'd be scoring goals for Hearts.

GreenCastle
27-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I just sat there and didn't clap or boo :confused: where does that leave me ?

I was happy he was being taken off as thought he was poor and wanted the team/club to bring someone on more effective and to win the game.

The booing doesn't help - the clapping I don't understand except to counter the boos - clapping him off in a serious manner for his performance comes across as sarcastic / cringe worthy.

I don't expect to see Messi play No9 for us but he was below the standard today for an SPL player getting paid probably around 1,000 - 2,000 a week.

The tactics today were very route 1 but constant fouls against you becomes very frustrating.

Last time he was knocked down I am sure he came out and scored 2 the week after.

Since he's been at Hibs he's scored 22 goals in 88 games - is that a decent record or not :confused:

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Any team that plays him next to hard working forward. At Hibs he either plays up on his own, or with Riordan - which is pretty much the same.

I tell you what, he'd be scoring goals for Hearts.

I dont agree, and i doubt very much they would want him. Who exactly would he replace, as if we can have a swap, i'd even take clum.

heretoday
27-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Been supporting Hibs since 1963. Christ alive.

That's almost 50 years!

During that time I have never, would never and will never boo a man in green (with white sleeves).

There's been worse than Nish playing for us, beleive me.

marinello59
27-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Where exactly do I claim the moral high ground? There's no room up there anyway - it's been occupied by the Nish apologists.

I lay some claim to the factual high ground. You're the one trying to justify giving a standing ovation to one of the worst performances in a Hibs jersey in recent memory.

He's not a family member. He's an employee who gets paid to do a job, and consistently does it badly, or not at all. I'm not making assumptions about why people continue to support him regardless of that. I'm genuinely baffled about it.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo.

:wink:

talking_wiss
27-11-2010, 08:24 PM

I'm not suggesting it's any worse.

IMO if we have 11 players of the standard of colin nish then we're going to be damn close to be heading into Division One next season. I can't clap a player that's performing to that standard irrespective of wearing the Hibs jersey. His all round ability is absolutely awful but what I found galling today was his total lack of movment and general lack of effort to get in amongst the backline of St J, lacklustre, weak and one paced.

Stantons Angel
27-11-2010, 08:39 PM
It made me so angry to hear the boo boys today it really did.. this player has to continually carry the frustrations of the whole support each time he takes to the field Last saturday at Inverness i sat behind a real "hibs' supporter", as soon as Nish stepped foot on the park he was up on his feet bawling obscenities at him. Shouting on Trakis to get on, nish was this that and everything to this moron. Unfortunately he didnt seem to be aware that Trakis was NOT on the bench despite arguing with me that he was. Granted this was not Nish's best game but the whole team were totally rubbish.

Today Nish was totally isolated up front on his own, no service from a very mediocre midfield that had no fight or passion for the jersey they played in. No one booed Miller when he GAVE AWAY possession time and time aqain during the game. No one booed Grounds when he did the same.... If Nish had sneezed the idiots would have booed.

I look around at these so called supporters, most young teenagers who have not seen a real Hibs team in their lifetime. I also watched Nish when and after he was taken off, he was so upset and STILL they verbally abused him!!!
Yes i know that we pay their wages and all about freedom of speech. This lad is a Hibby and is feeling it too. I dont mind criticisim but this is a shocking display of personal abuse at a HIBS player. These idiots would do well to have a good look at themselves and THINK before the SPEAK!!!:rolleyes:

JACK_HFC
27-11-2010, 08:42 PM
I think it's a bit over the top, he's bad enough as it is telling him he's murder every 2 mins isn't going to help him. At the end of the day he shouldn't be getting a game but there's not a whole lot more CC can do when we've no strikers. In saying that, i was quite impressed with Stephens up front when he came on for the last 20 mins.

It has to be said, the big man is no good what so ever! Big Stephends, a centre back played better up front than Nish:grr:
Nish must go :bye: , get Byrne back!

Andy74
27-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Surely if all the Hibs fans had shut up and supported Hughes he would still be here?

Why are players different? No it's not helping the guy himself right now but might be beneficial long term to be sending the message that we are not putting up with him at the club anymore?

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 08:55 PM
It made me so angry to hear the boo boys today it really did.. this player has to continually carry the frustrations of the whole support each time he takes to the field Last saturday at Inverness i sat behind a real "hibs' supporter", as soon as Nish stepped foot on the park he was up on his feet bawling obscenities at him. Shouting on Trakis to get on, nish was this that and everything to this moron. Unfortunately he didnt seem to be aware that Trakis was NOT on the bench despite arguing with me that he was. Granted this was not Nish's best game but the whole team were totally rubbish.

Today Nish was totally isolated up front on his own, no service from a very mediocre midfield that had no fight or passion for the jersey they played in. No one booed Miller when he GAVE AWAY possession time and time aqain during the game. No one booed Grounds when he did the same.... If Nish had sneezed the idiots would have booed.

I look around at these so called supporters, most young teenagers who have not seen a real Hibs team in their lifetime. I also watched Nish when and after he was taken off, he was so upset and STILL they verbally abused him!!!
Yes i know that we pay their wages and all about freedom of speech. This lad is a Hibby and is feeling it too. I dont mind criticisim but this is a shocking display of personal abuse at a HIBS player. These idiots would do well to have a good look at themselves and THINK before the SPEAK!!!:rolleyes:

:top marks:top marks

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Actually embarrassed by some so-called supporters..... Yes some may think he's poor, but today he was all we had in way of a striker, he hardly got any service whatsoever...... For sections of support to boo one of their own team during play, then cheer when he was being subbed was abysmal......

Just what does that do for his confidence and what about the rest of the team, are they then scared to make a mistake, in case the boo boys turn on them......

Pathetic, and obviously to some, they do not know the definition of "supporter"

Can you tell me the difference between shouting abuse at Colin nish, and shouting abuse at Rob Jones? Are they different definitions of supporters?:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
27-11-2010, 09:07 PM
I wouldnae wish nish on hearts, he's a ****ing awful excuse for a football player, however he probably knows that by now so we should probably lay off a bit!!

RoYO!
27-11-2010, 09:08 PM

one flaw with the 'no-service' argument is that Stephens came on and created more in 20 mins than nish did in 70. Does anyone have any disagreement there?

marinello59
27-11-2010, 09:09 PM
one flaw with the 'no-service' argument is that Stephens came on and created more in 20 mins than nish did in 70. Does anyone have any disagreement there?

How many shots on target did we have in the last 20 minutes?

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Can you tell me the difference between shouting abuse at Colin nish, and shouting abuse at Rob Jones? Are they different definitions of supporters?:confused:

:yawn::yawn:

Heres my serial stalker back on...............

The post was about booing your own players, I never once booed Jones........Thats the difference........

Do you know what I had for my dinner, you weird stalker ???

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2010, 09:19 PM
:yawn::yawn:

Heres my serial stalker back on...............

The post was about booing your own players, I never once booed Jones........Thats the difference........

Do you know what I had for my dinner, you weird stalker ???

There's a difference????????
You hurled abused one of our players (Jones),Is that what supporters do? The fans booed one of our players, they abused him. Seems pretty similar to me.

Fish fingers chips and peas.

greenlex
27-11-2010, 09:22 PM

I dont find it cringeworthy I actually am quite sickened by it to be honest. :bitchy:

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 09:23 PM
There's a difference????????
You hurled abused one of our players (Jones),Is that what supporters do? The fans booed one of our players, they abused him. Seems pretty similar to me.

Fish fingers chips and peas.

Hurled abuse at Jones did I???? I seem to recollect me shouting at him to encourage the younger players and to be a proper captain.....Obviously you know differently to me then????

I await you trawling through all my posts, to come up with some little gem, like you always do..... Get a life BH

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Hurled abuse at Jones did I???? I seem to recollect me shouting at him to encourage the younger players and to be a proper captain.....Obviously you know differently to me then????

I await you trawling through all my posts, to come up with some little gem, like you always do..... Get a life BH

I have not trawled through any of your posts, i just have a decent memory. You were not encouraging Jones at all. Double standards me thinks?

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I have not trawled through any of your posts, i just have a decent memory. You were not encouraging Jones at all. Double standards me thinks?

What game are you talking about.........??? Remember you were kind enough to cut my comments from local paper and post them on the board.... Sad little man......

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2010, 09:41 PM
What game are you talking about.........??? Remember you were kind enough to cut my comments from local paper and post them on the board.... Sad little man......

I'm taller than you Brockie.:wink: If i had written a letter to the papers before CC had taken charge of his first game, slating the man I'd expect that letter to reach here too. Tell me what words of encouragement you shouted to Jones then?

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm taller than you Brockie.:wink: If i had written a letter to the papers before CC had taken charge of his first game, slating the man I'd expect that letter to reach here too. Tell me what words of encouragement you shouted to Jones then?

Lets turn it around and tell me what abuse I am supposed to have hurled at him?

lEXO
27-11-2010, 09:44 PM
I dont find it cringeworthy I actually am quite sickened by it to be honest. :bitchy:
Me to. Going to games is no fun, and it,s not just down to the team.Some of the nonsense being shouted is disgusting,and these bams are spoiling it for a lot of us.

J-C
27-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Nish was indeed gash but to boo him and cheer when he went off was infact disgraceful, it's no wonder our players struggle to get motivated when playing at ER when our supporters are so fickle, thought the chanting re the green army was top class, lasted about 15-20 mins. :greengrin

marinello59
27-11-2010, 09:47 PM

I thought you two had kissed and made up at some point?
Play nice guys.:greengrin

ScottB
27-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Love this 'players should be able to take booing' argument and shrug it off. Considering there is an element in our support that find it justifiable that if an opposing player dares to react to them they find it perfectly fine to hurl the contents of their pockets at them, it's an interesting juxtaposition.

The guy is having a bad time, we can all see that. To start comparing him to Konte and the like is utter insanity, his placing in the all time scorer list, despite never playing for the Old Firm is testament to his ability to score when he's playing well. But it won't be for us again, since now, despite their being no other bloody striker to take to the field, thanks to 'Saint Deeks' pathetic lunge in the derby, folk are getting on his back before he's even kicked a ball.

So yeah, he needs to go, but the way he has been treated by some us is utterly shameful, and hardly an advert to attract players to the club. Hell I can't even remember the Yams booing Nade.

And when he's gone, no doubt the boo brigade will go back to Rankin and Hogg, before picking out the new scapegoats among next summers new crop...

lEXO
27-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Love this 'players should be able to take booing' argument and shrug it off. Considering there is an element in our support that find it justifiable that if an opposing player dares to react to them they find it perfectly fine to hurl the contents of their pockets at them, it's an interesting juxtaposition.

The guy is having a bad time, we can all see that. To start comparing him to Konte and the like is utter insanity, his placing in the all time scorer list, despite never playing for the Old Firm is testament to his ability to score when he's playing well. But it won't be for us again, since now, despite their being no other bloody striker to take to the field, thanks to 'Saint Deeks' pathetic lunge in the derby, folk are getting on his back before he's even kicked a ball.

So yeah, he needs to go, but the way he has been treated by some us is utterly shameful, and hardly an advert to attract players to the club. Hell I can't even remember the Yams booing Nade.
:top marksGreat post

sleeping giant
27-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Said it before and i'll say it again. I hate Hibs fans:bitchy:
Make me sick at times !!

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2010, 10:01 PM

I thought you two had kissed and made up at some point?
Play nice guys.:greengrin

I quite like him from our fleeting meetings. :wink: As for what you said Brockie, you swore at him and questioned his commitment, you even admitted it on here. Its a bit much claiming the moral high ground, when you and i suspect most of us have done similar. :wink:

Stantons Angel
27-11-2010, 10:02 PM
It would seem that most of the posters on this site are in agreement that the abuse Nish takes is shocking. It may be that some of the boo boys think it smart to boo their own players? I bet that if they were subjected to such abuse at their workplace, they would not just sit there and take it.... so why do professional footballers have to carry on under cascades of obscenities?????

If you dont agree with how the team is playing or who is playing in the team then you have the answer, DONT go and let those who want to support the team watch it in peace!!!!

I leave the house to get away from idiots talking rubbish and i object to having to pay to listen to rubbish as well as watch it!!!!

Do us all a favour and stay in the pub and give those who want to listen to your drivel a good laugh.... Cause it just aint funny!!!!:bitchy:

Removed
27-11-2010, 10:05 PM
It would be called bullying at my work

sleeping giant
27-11-2010, 10:06 PM

Poof

matty_f
27-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Poof

:tee hee:

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Poof

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 10:12 PM
I quite like him from our fleeting meetings. :wink: As for what you said Brockie, you swore at him and questioned his commitment, you even admitted it on here. Its a bit much claiming the moral high ground, when you and i suspect most of us have done similar. :wink:

I shouted to him at Cowdenbeath friendly get your hands off you bleeping hips, and motivate the younger lads in the team..... Hardly hurling abuse, anyway the big man told me to bleep off and got on with his game..... Never booed the big fella, and even spoke to him off the field on more than one occasion......

This was different to booing our own player during game.........

Danderhall Hibs
27-11-2010, 10:12 PM

Only if the folk booing were employees?

If, as in this case, the folk booing were paying customers it would be called a complaint.

And that's what folk were doing - complaining that the boy's quite pish at his job.

skipster7
27-11-2010, 10:21 PM

And when he's gone, no doubt the boo brigade will go back to Rankin and Hogg, before picking out the new scapegoats among next summers new crop...
:top marks sums it up perfectly for me

IWasThere2016
27-11-2010, 10:28 PM
The abuse handed out to our players at games is OTT. However, Nish is a complete waste of a shirt IMHO. CC must also see this.

sleeping giant
27-11-2010, 10:32 PM
The abuse handed out to our players at games is OTT. However, Nish is a complete waste of a shirt IMHO. CC must also see this.

Did he sound murder on the wireless ?

IWasThere2016
27-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Did he sound murder on the wireless ?

:faf: You need to keep up, J

sleeping giant
27-11-2010, 10:36 PM
:faf: You need to keep up, J

What have i missed G ?

You hobnobbed yourself onto the team bus ?:greengrin

IWasThere2016
27-11-2010, 10:37 PM
:wink:

skipster7
27-11-2010, 10:45 PM
indeed ,he should have played one of our many strikers in his place ?
seriously though,all it takes is for deeks to get crocked/suspended and there may be plenty games this season with nish as our main striker.i would imagine hes not looking forward to his next start which is a shocking situation.
while he's here we surely dont want one of our main goal threats to be a nervous wreck before he even touches the ball because thats the road were going down.

Removed
27-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Only if the folk booing were employees?

If, as in this case, the folk booing were paying customers it would be called a complaint.

And that's what folk were doing - complaining that the boy's quite pish at his job.

Correct, but if a paying a customer came into one of my employers buildings and treated staff like that they would be escorted off the premises by security. That's the difference. I do see the continual abuse of some players as akin to bullying.

Sammy7nil
27-11-2010, 11:07 PM
No One expects Nish to be a world beater - He plays for Hibs !!!

We do expect commitment, effort. drive, determnation and STAY ON YOUR FEET.

Tried to defend him I cant Nish your time is up.

Laughable folks slag Deek when Nish is the option.

Without Deek or Zemmama Hibs = Hamilton :boo hoo:

oldbutdim
27-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Actually I wasn't criticising him and I didn't at the game - just pointing out what happened today.

Did that justify the abuse he got?

Pretty critical summary if you think it was factual. Opinions eh?
But no abuse of a Hibs player by Hibs fans is justified in my book. But I suspect I am in a dwindling minority.

RickyS
27-11-2010, 11:42 PM
is there any way back for Nish now? I remember it got to this stage with Brian Kerr, he was cheered off against Elfsborg and never kicked a ball again. if i remember right we actually paid him off rather than keep him in the reserves

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2008/08/02/brian-kerr-blasts-boss-mixu-paatelainen-over-hibs-axe-86908-20681060/

jackhfc
27-11-2010, 11:43 PM
indeed ,he should have played one of our many strikers in his place ?
seriously though,all it takes is for deeks to get crocked/suspended and there may be plenty games this season with nish as our main striker.i would imagine hes not looking forward to his next start which is a shocking situation.
while he's here we surely dont want one of our main goal threats to be a nervous wreck before he even touches the ball because thats the road were going down.

:faf::faf:

What is happening to hibs :boo hoo:

jackhfc
27-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Alot of guys on here are so quick to defend Nish, but what about John Rankin?:confused: Where I was today he got just as much abuse as Nish (like most games he plays in), but I think it was unnoticed as he wasn't subbed IMO

GORDONSMITH7
27-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Hibernian manager Colin Calderwood urged fans to lay off Colin Nish after the striker was booed during the 0-0 draw with St Johnstone.

Nish was jeered by the home crowd whilst being substituted.

"It's something you don't want and I have a lot of sympathy for big Colin. We have to be careful how we go about supporting our team," said Calderwood.

"There is a balance and you have to be careful you don't cross the line and it affects the club."

BIG G

ForeverHibs93
28-11-2010, 12:24 AM
I agree that booing our players is out of order, but how can people defend Nish saying if he was playing the right way etc. he'd show how good a striker he is, I'm sorry but his touch is woeful, his aerial ability for a big guy is poor, goes down far to easy, and generally not very good, BUT, as long as he's a hibs player he should get our full support:agree:

SteveHFC
28-11-2010, 12:31 AM
To the people who cheered Nish substitution today. There was no need for it.

Saorsa
28-11-2010, 12:58 AM

"cringeworthy"
"pathetic"
"disgraceful"

I wouldnt boo a Hibs player, but he's getting boo'd because he's playing crap. Simple as that.Too long, I'd like tae ken how he's got away with it, cannae even get the basics rigth. 6'3" cannae win a baw in the air, couldnae trap a bag of wet cement. If it wisnae so pathetic it would be absolutely hilarious, the way the ball ricochets off him any which way every time it is played tae him. When he goes in for a high ball he looks mair like a ballet dancer than a fitba player

Should we not be asking for better?I wouldnae have handed him a jersey when he went off, I would have hande him a P45 and telt him no tae come back again.

It would seem CC agrees

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9235265.stmStop playing him then, waste of a jersey along with Rankin.

Hopefully two of the first out the door in the summer, never even close tae being good enough :bye:

marinello59
28-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Alot of guys on here are so quick to defend Nish, but what about John Rankin?:confused: Where I was today he got just as much abuse as Nish (like most games he plays in), but I think it was unnoticed as he wasn't subbed IMO

Mid second half Rankin failed to control a ball close to the West Stand. Cue a load of exploding heads telling him how pish he was, waste of a jersey, GTF etc. The fact he had been fouled (and got a free kick for it) so couldn't have done any better was obviously no excuse for the offence he had caused them.

GGTTH

Toaods
28-11-2010, 06:57 AM

Presumably you have some issue with Riordan. I'd be more inclined to blame the previous manager for loaning players out whilst making plans to sell Stokes. Nobody can legislate for the Duffy injury, which was no great shock to the punters. Nish was our only option today and produced an inept horror-show from the off. The fact he was replaced by a largely inexperienced U21 centre half who showed effort, control and made a real nuisance of himself merely supported the view that Nish is not very good. When the window opens he should take any half decent offer that comes his way as can't see him getting a look in once Calderwood starts wheeling and dealing.

wick hibby
28-11-2010, 07:04 AM

Agree 100% When he has his hibs top on he is a hibs player and shoud be treated as one :agree::agree:

Kaiser1962
28-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Mid second half Rankin failed to control a ball close to the West Stand. Cue a load of exploding heads telling him how pish he was, waste of a jersey, GTF etc. The fact he had been fouled (and got a free kick for it) so couldn't have done any better was obviously no excuse for the offence he had caused them.

GGTTH

I know. People need to get real. CC is licking them into shape defensively but the trade off is that, at the moment, we are not attacking. He can only put out the guys he has at his disposal and until he gets some of his own guys in we need to used to games like this cos its gonna be like this for a wee while.

BSEJVT
28-11-2010, 08:00 AM
I neither booed nor clapped Nish off as I didnt think either option applicable.

I do confess to booing one of his swan lake impressions earlier on as in the heat of the moment it just annoyed me that he shows no effort and is on his arse more than an 10 shilling hooker.

I dont know what kind of supporter that makes me to those sitting in judgement on this thread?

I feel sorry for him and without a doubt it is time for him to move on.

I think he has suffered this type of relationship with his own supporters throughout his career and maybe its just his body language that makes him look like he doesnt put any effort in?

hibsbollah
28-11-2010, 08:01 AM

"cringeworthy"
"pathetic"
"disgraceful"

:top marks

matty_f
28-11-2010, 08:10 AM
I neither booed nor clapped Nish off as I didnt think either option applicable.

I do confess to booing one of his swan lake impressions earlier on as in the heat of the moment it just annoyed me that he shows no effort and is on his arse more than an 10 shilling hooker.

I dont know what kind of supporter that makes me to those sitting in judgement on this thread?

I feel sorry for him and without a doubt it is time for him to move on.

I think he has suffered this type of relationship with his own supporters throughout his career and maybe its just his body language that makes him look like he doesnt put any effort in?

I know where you are coming from, but I don't think it's his body language. He just doesn't look like he's anywhere near committed enough. Take Trakys' performance against Motherwell and compare it with Nish's yesterday. Trakys had been written off on here, yet he ran himself into the ground for 90 minutes, chasing back, tackling, actually jumping for headers that he went on to win, rather than looking for a free kick every time.

Nish takes the easy option. It's not good enough.

What really gets me annoyed though, is the total lack of desire to get on the end of a cross. We never had much going into the box yesterday, but Hart (IIRC) played in a great cross first half that if Nish had the desire of someone like a Hartson, or a Sutton, or dare I say it a Kyle, he'd have got his head on it.

Instead he jumped meekly in the general direction of the ball and the defender made a very easy clearance.

BigKev
28-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Whilst being nowhere near a Nish fan I thought the booing was way ott yesterday.

As others have said Nish has declined since his arrival and his performances the last few games of last season apart have in the past 12 months been way below what you'd expect from a player with a decent SPL pedigree.

Yesterday saw him look disinterested and rarely threaten the ST J backline, fail to control the ball at any stage and at one stage first half let the ball bounce, hit him in the face and then look bewildered as to how he failed to control it.

I'm all for constructive criticism but the abuse both Nish and Rankin take week in, week out from punters wanting to vent their anger on someone is ridiculous.

One guy behind me yesterday singled Rankin rather than Nish out "Get f****** wide Rankin" - he was standing on the touchline at the time. "What the f*** was that Rankin" - after knocking a good ball to Grounds who managed to make a mess of the cross topped off with "That's pish Rankin." - When Miller lost the ball in the middle of the park.

That's three of the top of my head but there were more in a similar vein. If the support start singling out every mistake by every player Easter Road would be a somber place to be.

Nish will be away sooner rather than later. Until such times as he and Rankin leave, show them some support when they're playing - they might just surprise you with performances you can mark as 6/10 on the player ratings thread....

Hibee Daz
28-11-2010, 09:05 AM

Exactly the guy is a wage thief extraordinaire, I've seen amateurs with more ability than him.
I will do my slating of him on here as nobody deserves the abuse that he receives on a match day, but Nish doesn't deserve to pull on a Hibs shirt either because he simply isn't good enough.

I'm sick to death of hearing the boy is a Hibby he's hurting like the rest of us. I am a Hibby who's gutted about the way our season is going too but that doesn't mean that I should get to pull on a Hibs shirt and make a **** of it!

I genuinely believe that you could give the guy all the confidence in the world and it still would not improve his game IMO.
The best thing for Nish and Hibs would be to take him out off the firing line and release him from his contract so he can start a fresh at a new club.
We should now be looking at giving youth a chance until we get players back fit or at least until the January transfer window!

basehibby
28-11-2010, 09:05 AM
His morale/confidence must be shot tae bits ..nae ****ing wonder ..

:agree: Nish had a pish game but I'm sure that is due in part to a lack of confidence resulting from morons who cannot contain themselves booing him and telling him he's sheight at every turn.

I can't see Colin getting a new contract as performances like yesterday's are now all too frequent - regardless of the frustration felt in the stand though, the booing and barracking does nothing to improve matters but is likely to result in more nervousness and hence more mistakes and crap performances.

lucky
28-11-2010, 09:54 AM
The number of people on here defending Nish is staggering. The majority of fans booed him yesterday because he is rank rotten. The fact he was replaced by a 19 year old center half would give the impression that the manager also thinks he is rank. He deserves the abuses simply by failing to put any effort . FFS he refuses to jump to header a ball. He should be punted in January. He is murder.

Albion Hibs
28-11-2010, 09:56 AM
The number of people on here defending Nish is staggering. The majority of fans booed him yesterday because he is rank rotten. The fact he was replaced by a 19 year old center half would give the impression that the manager also thinks he is rank. He deserves the abuses simply by failing to put any effort . FFS he refuses to jump to header a ball. He should be punted in January. He is murder.

"refusing to put any effort" - I must have mossed the bit when we all hammer Riordan, or gave it to Rankin, Grounds, Galbraith yesterday.

marinello59
28-11-2010, 09:57 AM

I don't see many defending his performance. I see plenty condemning the booing of one of our own. There's a difference isn't there?

RickyS
28-11-2010, 10:02 AM

the problem is, who will want him? and the teams who are likely to give him a chance to rebuild his career (St Mirren Motherwell Hamilton) wont be able to pay like we can so unless we stump up 6 months cash we are stuck with most of the dross we have at the moment

Jack
28-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I clapped Nish off as I've clapped every other Hibs substitution in all the years I've been going. The enthusiasm of the clap will reflect the performance. Its a Hibs player and I'm a Hibby.
For those who boo a players contribution 'to encourage the manager to make a change'. I used to shout for subs to be made but I think its quite funny. Like a guy who has been in football all his life, played at the highest level and who is now the manager of one of the top clubs in the country need advice from someone who at best is likely to have been a keen amateur.

ScottB
28-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Presumably you have some issue with Riordan. I'd be more inclined to blame the previous manager for loaning players out whilst making plans to sell Stokes. Nobody can legislate for the Duffy injury, which was no great shock to the punters. Nish was our only option today and produced an inept horror-show from the off. The fact he was replaced by a largely inexperienced U21 centre half who showed effort, control and made a real nuisance of himself merely supported the view that Nish is not very good. When the window opens he should take any half decent offer that comes his way as can't see him getting a look in once Calderwood starts wheeling and dealing.

I don't have issue with Riordan, beyond his stupidity at getting himself sent off in the derby for losing his head.

My issue is that for some on here, there are players who can do no wrong, and players who'd get booed for sitting on the subs bench.

Can you imagine the reaction on here if it had been Nish or Rankin that had got themselves sent off like that? That's my point.

Whether Nish is good or not isn't the point, he was our only available striker, booing him wouldn't have changed that fact or made him, or the rest of the team play better. It was pathetic.

BEEJ
28-11-2010, 11:08 AM
No One expects Nish to be a world beater - He plays for Hibs !!!

We do expect commitment, effort. drive, determination and STAY ON YOUR FEET.
:agree:

Too long, I'd like tae ken how he's got away with it, cannae even get the basics rigth. 6'3" cannae win a baw in the air, couldnae trap a bag of wet cement
Agreed. :agree:

:agree: Nish had a pish game but I'm sure that is due in part to a lack of confidence resulting from morons who cannot contain themselves booing him and telling him he's sheight at every turn.
I don't think much of it would be due to his wilting confidence.

The frustration being expressed (inappropriately IMHO) from the terraces is due to a senior member of the Hibs squad showing such consistent ineptitude in some of the more fundamental aspects of his trade - e.g. handling the offside trap, controlling the ball, even just the 'art' of staying on his feet. He does not even have the virtue of a 'trier', appearing to put his all into it.

It has been a very long time since Hibs played to a formation and style that would suit Nish's style of play. Unfortunately that has shown up just how one-dimensional his game is.

Time he moved on both for his sake and the club's.

hibsbollah
28-11-2010, 11:13 AM
ICan you imagine the reaction on here if it had been Nish or Rankin that had got themselves sent off like that? That's my point.

Nish has got sent off before in possibly the most stupid circumstances imaginable-arguing for a foul and abusing the ref to such an extent that a red card was inevitable (i cant remember the game but he's got plenty of form for boneheadly-stupid haranguing of the ref) so your arguments on shaky ground there.

As for Rankin, he probably wouldnt have been near enough Skacel to get the red in the first place.

Comparing Riordan, Nish and Rankin is comparing one talented player and two untalented ones. Its that simple.

Hiber-nation
28-11-2010, 11:15 AM

Agreed. :agree:

I don't think much of it would be due to his wilting confidence.

The frustration being expressed (inappropriately IMHO) from the terraces is due to a senior member of the Hibs squad showing such consistent ineptitude in some of the more fundamental aspects of his trade - e.g. handling the offside trap, controlling the ball, even just the 'art' of staying on his feet. He does not even have the virtue of a 'trier', appearing to put his all into it.

It has been a very long time since Hibs played to a formation and style that would suit Nish's style of play. Unfortunately that has shown up just how one-dimensional his game is.

Time he moved on both for his sake and the club's.

Well summarised.

I'm afraid that choosing to fall down and wave your hands in the air when seeing an arial challenge coming is not the sign of a lack of confidence.

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 11:18 AM

He refused to jump for headers?? Did he??

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Nish has got sent off before in possibly the most stupid circumstances imaginable-arguing for a foul and abusing the ref to such an extent that a red card was inevitable (i cant remember the game but he's got plenty of form for boneheadly-stupid haranguing of the ref) so your arguments on shaky ground there.

As for Rankin, he probably wouldnt have been near enough Skacel to get the red in the first place.

Comparing Riordan, Nish and Rankin is comparing one talented player and two untalented ones. Its that simple.

Sure it was Hamilton away, when the "fans" cheered his sending off......

whiskyhibby
28-11-2010, 11:20 AM

Absolutely spot on, we should never be cheering a substitution such as this, not really the way to motivate any player or his team mates :grr:

matty_f
28-11-2010, 11:20 AM

standing on your tip toes while looking for a free kick does not constitute jumping for a header, neither does falling on your backside.

ScottB
28-11-2010, 11:28 AM

I'm not comparing the talents, it's the fact that for some, they will never say a bad word about the performances of Riordan, Bamba or a few others, yet I can remember folk chanting abuse at Nish and Hogg right after they'd scored in their respective recent 'good games.'

Toaods
28-11-2010, 11:37 AM
I clapped Nish off as I've clapped every other Hibs substitution in all the years I've been going. The enthusiasm of the clap will reflect the performance. Its a Hibs player and I'm a Hibby.
For those who boo a players contribution 'to encourage the manager to make a change'. I used to shout for subs to be made but I think its quite funny. Like a guy who has been in football all his life, played at the highest level and who is now the manager of one of the top clubs in the country need advice from someone who at best is likely to have been a keen amateur.

wonder why he messed things up at Forest then? To be fair Jack, the direct comparison you use is an easy get out line, if that was the case, every managerial decision would have been right in living memory.

Face the facts, managers get it wrong, refs never get it right (unless they are from Malta :greengrin ) and the fans get it wrong too but inevitably fans turning on one of their own is down to the number of opportunities a player fails to grasp coming to an end. If he's got any sense of self-respect, he'll speak to the club and come to some arrangement.

Whether Nish is good or not isn't the point, he was our only available striker, booing him wouldn't have changed that fact or made him, or the rest of the team play better. It was pathetic.

Perhaps if he'd shown a bit more desire to get on the end of the balls played to him would have gained him baking in a tough assignment however he literally looked to have conceded defeat after about 10 minutes.

I clearly recall a massively frustrating play in the second half not long before he was hooked when a ball was played in from the left (Grounds or Rankine) - it wasn't the best as expected yesterday from that pair and although it wasn't reaching Nish, it wasn't reaching Duberry either but he made the physical effort to run to meet the header and Nish jogged on. You know he's having a stinker when he doesn't even compete in his usual slip-shod manner.

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 11:37 AM
standing on your tip toes while looking for a free kick does not constitute jumping for a header, neither does falling on your backside.

He won a few headers though, then did he just say right that is it, I am refusing to jump anymore?? I must not have heard him say that....

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 11:40 AM
I clearly recall a massively frustrating play in the second half not long before he was hooked when a ball was played in from the left (Grounds or Rankine) - it wasn't the best as expected yesterday from that pair and although it wasn't reaching Nish, it wasn't reaching Duberry either but he made the physical effort to run to meet the header and Nish jogged on. You know he's having a stinker when he doesn't even compete in his usual slip-shod manner.

How many of our players actually burst a gut to get to a ball that is not reaching them..... NONE.....

Toaods
28-11-2010, 11:44 AM
How many of our players actually burst a gut to get to a ball that is not reaching them..... NONE.....

The thread's about Nish though and that is the role he was given by the manager, nobody expected him to win everything but the wholehearted effort wasn't there.

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 11:46 AM
The thread's about Nish though and that is the role he was given by the manager, nobody expected him to win everything but the wholehearted effort wasn't there.

So he should burst a gut to get to a ball that was nowhere near him, whilst others don't..... Very good.....

Are we not now allowed to compare Nish to other players now???

ScottB
28-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Perhaps if he'd shown a bit more desire to get on the end of the balls played to him would have gained him baking in a tough assignment however he literally looked to have conceded defeat after about 10 minutes.

Who among our players has shown much fight or desire in the last few months, Rangers game aside? I'd hardly single Nish out as the primary offender on that score.

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Who among our players has shown much fight or desire in the last few months, Rangers game aside? I'd hardly single Nish out as the primary offender on that score.

:agree::agree:

Toaods
28-11-2010, 12:02 PM
So he should burst a gut to get to a ball that was nowhere near him, whilst others don't..... Very good.....

Are we not now allowed to compare Nish to other players now???

It wasn't the opponents either though so he should have made the effort, I think Trakys would have gone for it. Any slim hope of future he has is on the line with a new manager in, do you think he shouldn't be bothering if others aren't? If he's such a big Hibby I would have expected more. There's a multitude of players at less wages than he's on, who'll burst a gut to play for our club, if he's not got the fight then we'll easily get someone in who has.

People pissed themselves laughing at Danny Lennon bringing in a bunch of lower level players than St Mirren seek but the guy Wardlaw would have put Nish's efforts to shame yesterday. There's plenty more where Wardlaw came from.

Toaods
28-11-2010, 12:04 PM

see my post #135.

a grand clearout is coming soon, only two things will keep certain people in the club beyond then...........talent or desire.

truehibernian
28-11-2010, 12:09 PM

Aberdeen away after the split under Mixu (more to do with an ongoing feud I think with the ref that day Stuart Dougal), and then Hamilton away under Hughes last season (I think both times he had come on as a sub as well IIRC).

Anyway, I think the booing is poor but sadly inevitable for Colin. He is, over the course of a season, a poor striker, certainly not good enough to start every week. But he is in due to circumstance, so we should support him. Hard to do when he is quite frankly on an awful run of form.

ScottB
28-11-2010, 12:25 PM
see my post #135.

a grand clearout is coming soon, only two things will keep certain people in the club beyond then...........talent or desire.

Indeed.

But for now we are stuck with what we have. Booing them won't help anything, which is the point most folk on this thread have been trying to put across.

jackhfc
28-11-2010, 12:32 PM

I seen Galbraith do it yesterday, but just one person doing it won't win us games though:boo hoo:

new malkyhib
28-11-2010, 12:53 PM

Good post, Scott. For my tuppence worth's I didn't see any point in booing Nish, nor did I clap him off in response to those who did...just sat in silent despair at the standard of fare I was witnessing all over the park.

That said, if the boy was in tears at the side of the park and folk were still berating him, then they need a firm fit up the ar*e IMHO...

The wider issue for me is another draw against a bottom-six team, no goals again, and the manager having to play a 19-year old centre half at centre forward, and finishing with a team of midgets in midfield again.

Will the penny finally drop with Petrie in January that you only get what you pay for and we might get some decent players in?

Keith_M
28-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Good post, Scott. For my tuppence worth's I didn't see any point in booing Nish, nor did I clap him off in response to those who did...just sat in silent despair at the standard of fare I was witnessing all over the park.

That said, if the boy was in tears at the side of the park and folk were still berating him, then they need a firm fit up the ar*e IMHO...

It's about time people stopped booing their own team. Fair enough, if you want to make a comment on a player's performance when he's substituted, how about just staying quiet?

I'd like to point out that I've already made a comment on this thread that, IMHO, Nish is Mince. I still think it's a step too far to abuse the guy just because I don't think he's good enough.

p.s. If the two guys who sit along from me in section 40 don't stop screaming abuse at Calderwood and the players every single game (for practically the whole 90mins) don't shut it, I may be getting huckled next home game for decking the pair of them. I've really had enough of the two aerosols!

matty_f
28-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Good post, Scott. For my tuppence worth's I didn't see any point in booing Nish, nor did I clap him off in response to those who did...just sat in silent despair at the standard of fare I was witnessing all over the pal

The wider issue for me is another draw against a bottom-six team, no goals again, and the manager having to play a 19-year old centre half at centre forward, and finishing with a team of midgets in midfield again.

Will the penny finally drop with Petrie in January that you only get what you pay for and we might get some decent players in?
We signed duffy and trakys, and but for a moment of stupidity we would have had riordan yesterday as well.

How many strikers should we have on the books?

marinello59
28-11-2010, 01:17 PM

I think anybody doing that would still find a way of justifying themselves, it's what supporting a team is all about to them. A couple of games back a middle aged guy nearly knocked my wee lad over as he rushed down at half time to scream GTF at Rankin. (My wee lad just laughed and asked if there was something wrong with him.)

new malkyhib
28-11-2010, 01:25 PM
We signed duffy and trakys, and but for a moment of stupidity we would have had riordan yesterday as well.

I'd settle for two decent ones, Matty, but we've (and countless others) have had this argument before - that current Hibs team are p*ss poor, and the Board must acccept some culpability for the level of player we've got all round the park just now, not just up front.

I suspect Petrie's infantrymen will appear at the brow of the hill any moment now though, to tell me how misguided I am, and fail to see the bigger picture, etc.

greenlex
28-11-2010, 01:31 PM
I'd settle for two decent ones, Matty, but we've (and countless others) have had this argument before - that current Hibs team are p*ss poor, and the Board must acccept some culpability for the level of player we've got all round the park just now, not just up front.

I suspect Petrie's infantrymen will appear at the brow of the hill any moment now though, to tell me how misguided I am, and fail to see the bigger picture, etc.
They appear most when you post. Wonder why that is?:rolleyes:

Carheenlea
28-11-2010, 01:33 PM
When you see the abuse dished out by our fans to Colin Nish, and many more in a long list of players whose faces have never fitted with pretty large sections of the support, it makes you wonder if we get the team we deserve?

We constantly read posts or listen to fans demanding the highest standards, and how we deserve better, but it makes you wonder why do we? Yesterday was another shameful example of football "supporting" at it`s very worst. We were down to the bare bones with striking options, with only Colin Nish available who ultimately had to perform the thankless task of playing up front on his own. Everybody in the ground would have known that we were in for a tough afternoon, with Nish in particular, really up against it. Any other clubs supporters would have been offering every encouragement to their team and individuals faced with a tough afternoon like Nish, but us? I never heard any encouragement or support for Nish, only abuse and insults and pathetic ironic cheering when he was eventually subbed.

Of course, this is not a new phenomenon down Easter Road way, it`s been going on for years.

As I said, I think we get what we deserve at times. Supporting the team requires a lot more than a 10 minute terrace-chant.

new malkyhib
28-11-2010, 01:33 PM
They appear most when you post. Wonder why that is?:rolleyes:

:yawn:

greenlex
28-11-2010, 01:35 PM
:yawn: :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
28-11-2010, 01:42 PM

He wasnt everyones cupof tea but Benji's absence is noticeable at the moment. The main complaint against him was he was 'lazy' and looked 'disinterested'...I would say as well as having more natural ability than Colin, he was no more lazy than Nish either.

The last time i remember us being so light up front was the 96 semi. We really are struggling without Deek. The good news is there is Duffy to come back and a transfer window coming up.

StarMan10
28-11-2010, 01:48 PM
i was listening to the game on the bbc live commentary and you could here the cheering through the radio.
doesnt give a good message to non hibs fans listening to that game.

hibsbollah
28-11-2010, 01:48 PM
When you see the abuse dished out by our fans to Colin Nish, and many more in a long list of players whose faces have never fitted with pretty large sections of the support, it makes you wonder if we get the team we deserve?

We constantly read posts or listen to fans demanding the highest standards, and how we deserve better, but it makes you wonder why do we? Yesterday was another shameful example of football "supporting" at it`s very worst. We were down to the bare bones with striking options, with only Colin Nish available who ultimately had to perform the thankless task of playing up front on his own. Everybody in the ground would have known that we were in for a tough afternoon, with Nish in particular, really up against it. Any other clubs supporters would have been offering every encouragement to their team and individuals faced with a tough afternoon like Nish, but us? I never heard any encouragement or support for Nish, only abuse and insults and pathetic ironic cheering when he was eventually subbed.

Of course, this is not a new phenomenon down Easter Road way, it`s been going on for years (reading the embarrassing abuse directed at Joe Harper on a regular basis from a high-post-count on this forum poster confirms we have been lacking a bit on the supporting front for many a long time.)

As I said, I think we get what we deserve at times. Supporting the team requires a lot more than a 10 minute terrace-chant.

I dont think Hibs fans are unusual in this respect. Booing allegedly 'crap' performers has been going on for a long time, all clubs have players who never really hit it off with their supporters. Didnt the colliseum crowd boo crap gladiators?:cool2:

woody47
28-11-2010, 02:01 PM
I for one would not boo any Hibs player but i sure as h£ll would not clap one either who was playing dire. The whole idea of clapping is to show appreciation so anyone who thought they should clap CN yesterday must have been on something illegal.

For someone of his size he should be using his 'strength' but everytime someone gets close to him he ends up on his er£e looking for a foul.

Big Stevens did more in the time that he came on that CN did in the whole game.
Sorry but CN is just not good enough and never, IMHO, been up to it. Having one good game in 20 is not enough to justify his pulling on a Hibs jersey and I really do not care one iota what team he supports, he isn't good enough and I hope he moves on at the end of his contract.

marinello59
28-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I for one would not boo any Hibs player but i sure as h£ll would not clap one either who was playing dire. The whole idea of clapping is to show appreciation so anyone who thought they should clap CN yesterday must have been on something illegal.

For someone of his size he should be using his 'strength' but everytime someone gets close to him he ends up on his er£e looking for a foul.

Big Stevens did more in the time that he came on that CN did in the whole game.
Sorry but CN is just not good enough and never, IMHO, been up to it. Having one good game in 20 is not enough to justify his pulling on a Hibs jersey and I really do not care one iota what team he supports, he isn't good enough and I hope he moves on at the end of his contract.

How about to show solidarity with someone who was obviously disappointed in his own performance and didn't need to be booed? Would that be acceptable? Just a thought.

Dalkeith Hibee
28-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I know where you are coming from, but I don't think it's his body language. He just doesn't look like he's anywhere near committed enough. Take Trakys' performance against Motherwell and compare it with Nish's yesterday. Trakys had been written off on here, yet he ran himself into the ground for 90 minutes, chasing back, tackling, actually jumping for headers that he went on to win, rather than looking for a free kick every time.

Nish takes the easy option. It's not good enough.

What really gets me annoyed though, is the total lack of desire to get on the end of a cross. We never had much going into the box yesterday, but Hart (IIRC) played in a great cross first half that if Nish had the desire of someone like a Hartson, or a Sutton, or dare I say it a Kyle, he'd have got his head on it.

Instead he jumped meekly in the general direction of the ball and the defender made a very easy clearance.

Thats what annoyed me yesterday and for pretty much most of his Hibs career.

Constantly caught offside, constantly fouling, turkey touch, always looks like he is blowing out his arse. He was also being beaten in the air by the boy Anderson yesterday who is much smaller than him!

He is probably a nice big guy, good hibby and doesnt deserve to be abused but fact of the matter is he is not good enough and deserves to be criticised for his woeful performances.

In my opinion Benji was a far better player and he got released. The sooner Nish leaves the better, and hopefully he takes Rankin with him as he was awful yesterday and every other week.

johnrebus
28-11-2010, 02:09 PM
We can do with all the fans we can get, but in the case of the so called supporters who seem to revel and delight in booing Colin Nish I can make an exception.

:taxi

ScottB
28-11-2010, 02:09 PM
He wasnt everyones cupof tea but Benji's absence is noticeable at the moment. The main complaint against him was he was 'lazy' and looked 'disinterested'...I would say as well as having more natural ability than Colin, he was no more lazy than Nish either.

The last time i remember us being so light up front was the 96 semi. We really are struggling without Deek. The good news is there is Duffy to come back and a transfer window coming up.

Interestingly, Benji in 102 games scored 20 times, Nish has 25 in 99.

He may be playing badly for us, but Nish can score, or certainly used to able to score...

hibsbollah
28-11-2010, 02:19 PM

He may be playing badly for us, but Nish can score, or certainly used to able to score...

A large number of Benji's Hibs appearances were from the bench. If you take his starts/goals ratio into account he's better than Nish. Although i accept that he never fulfilled his potential of 2006/7 when he got his 15 goals.

Dirkster23
28-11-2010, 02:23 PM
I dont think Hibs fans are unusual in this respect. Booing allegedly 'crap' performers has been going on for a long time, all clubs have players who never really hit it off with their supporters. Didnt the colliseum crowd boo crap gladiators?:cool2:

Is that true though? I can't think of being at other grounds and hearing players being subjected to the type of abuse Nish gets or Rankin and Hogg for that matter.

Judas Iscariot
28-11-2010, 02:25 PM
We can do with all the fans we can get, but in the case of the so called supporters who seem to revel and delight in booing Colin Nish I can make an exception.

:taxi

But the scary thing is ER seems to be full of folk like this just now..

Slating every single thing that Nish does..

Ball gets fired 10 feet in the air above him, some goon behind me shouts "FFS sake Nish, JUMP!" Also, moaning at him not running 30 yards to shut the GK down, then he does and nearly gets caught offside cos the ball comes back at him "Nish your a fanneh, cannae even get yersel back onside!"

Aye, guid yin :rolleyes:

ER is quite a nasty place ATM, wonder if these guys just come along to openly slate and berate their own players :confused:

Winston Ingram
28-11-2010, 02:28 PM
The abuse he got at Inverness last week was probably the worst I've ever heard.

I agree he shouldn't be in the team but we have no other options.

His confidence is utterly shot and our 'supporters' are making him worse. Rankin must be delighted Nish is on the pitch. If he wasn't it'd be him that'd be copping it

SMAXXA
28-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Ive been openly critical of Nish and stand by everything I have said previously that he isnt good enough and I honestly think hes one of the poorest strikers ive seen at that level for a long time. I was at the game yesterday and I actully felt really sorry for the guy the ironic cheers / boos when he was taken off and IMO its out of order. I do however totally appreciate why people did it, I think its all came to a head as people are sick of seeing the same dire performances from the guy and they are sick of it. I personally dont condone the booing / ironic cheering but who am I to tell the next Hibs fan whos paid his money just like me that hes not entitled to vent his frustration or boo or cheer. People possibly have different tolerance levels and I honestly think its got to the stage where so many fans just cant bite their tongue anymore, rightly or wrongly they pay their money and are entitled to their say, agree with it or not IMO.

For what its worth I think he will be away sooner rather than later but as someone posted earlier, which team in the SPL would he walk into possibly Hamilton / St Mirren and even that id say isnt a guarantee.

I know from experience its not nice getting pelters on and coming of the pitch from supporters but footballers I guess have to have thick skin as to be fair they are paid handsomly for doing what they love and ust have to get on with it.

ScottB
28-11-2010, 02:42 PM
A large number of Benji's Hibs appearances were from the bench. If you take his starts/goals ratio into account he's better than Nish. Although i accept that he never fulfilled his potential of 2006/7 when he got his 15 goals.

Indeed, though it was Nish starting ahead of him which is part of that reason, the guy's played under 3 successive managers at the club, so for me the folk claiming he's no better than a Junior is a bit daft, but his problems for us have gotten so bad now that there's no way back.

I wouldn't have minded keeping Benji for the record, but he's not the sort of would have bothered himself in our current, sub Moroccan temperatures :wink:

hibsbollah
28-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Indeed, though it was Nish starting ahead of him which is part of that reason, the guy's played under 3 successive managers at the club, so for me the folk claiming he's no better than a Junior is a bit daft, but his problems for us have gotten so bad now that there's no way back.

I wouldn't have minded keeping Benji for the record, but he's not the sort of would have bothered himself in our current, sub Moroccan temperatures :wink:

If you look at Benjis scoring record for Hibs he actually scored most of his goals during the winter months, which suggests that the 'didnae like the cauld' cliche wasnt true in his case. Although i accept that stats, when it comes to goalscoring, only tells half the story.

GreenCastle
28-11-2010, 03:00 PM
First game back for a while sitting in the upper West and the abuse given to players especially Nish was shocking.

I agree there are some real muppets in our support who really have no clue.

Bottom line is - he needs to improve his performances - whether it means putting extra work in at the training ground or getting more focused and doing the basics again - not giving cheap fouls away and holding the ball up and finding a Hibs player.

If this doesn't improve I think there are others out there who are more effective.

hibsbollah
28-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Is that true though? I can't think of being at other grounds and hearing players being subjected to the type of abuse Nish gets or Rankin and Hogg for that matter.

I'm not that sure mate, although mostly in England recently Arsenal fans booing Eboue, Man U-Berbatov, England-Rooney, Villa-Agbonlahor spring to mind. I wonder how these teams' fans would react to having Colin in their side:greengrin

woody47
28-11-2010, 03:09 PM
What has solidarity to do with being inept? The boos are out of order but no way will I ever clap someone just to make him feel better. If he actually put himself about fair enough but he didn't even look interested.
:taxi for CN.

vincipernoi
28-11-2010, 03:24 PM

would a crap gladiator not have had a fairly brief career ?

Toaods
28-11-2010, 03:32 PM
First game back for a while sitting in the upper West and the abuse given to players especially Nish was shocking.

I agree there are some real muppets in our support who really have no clue.

Bottom line is - he needs to improve his performances - whether it means putting extra work in at the training ground or getting more focused and doing the basics again - not giving cheap fouls away and holding the ball up and finding a Hibs player.

If this doesn't improve I think there are others out there who are more effective.

If it's your first game back then you haven't had to ensure such brutal performances like we all have therefore you'll class it as a one-off, we all know different.

HFC 0-7
28-11-2010, 03:42 PM

Only 42 of Benji's 102 games were actually starts the rest were subs. Nish has started 80 of the 92. 20 goals in 42 starts compared to Nish's 25 in 80 starts.

Benji could hold a ball up better than Nish, Benji could play with his back to goal, Benji could bring players into the game better than Nish. Benji offered a lot more than Nish IMO.

hibsbollah
28-11-2010, 03:48 PM
would a crap gladiator not have had a fairly brief career ?

If he spent all afternoon in the Circus Maximus falling on his erchie, running into offside positions and claiming for imaginary fouls from imaginary lions, probably:agree:

BSEJVT
28-11-2010, 03:54 PM

Not this time this one wont.

You are however like a broken record and a not very good one at that.

A blind man could see this Hibs team is terrible, whether it is because they have been consistently under resourced or those resources have been squandered by successive managers is a matter for debate.

When you compare how a team like ICT is performing on far inferior resources to those available to Hibs managers you would tend to believe that we should be doing better than we are with the resources deployed.

However the truth as ever probably lies some where in the middle and the only way I can see of quick improvement is to throw some resources at this team.

Ever thought though that maybe if you just made the point you wanted to make without classing everyone who disagreed with you as a board apologist that you would be better regarded on this board and folk would engage more in a debate with you?

A wise man once said that "its often better to keep quiet and let everyone think you are a fool than to open your mouth and confirm to them that you definitely are"

Dirkster23
28-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Only 42 of Benji's 102 games were actually starts the rest were subs. Nish has started 80 of the 92. 20 goals in 42 starts compared to Nish's 25 in 80 starts.

Benji could hold a ball up better than Nish, Benji could play with his back to goal, Benji could bring players into the game better than Nish. Benji offered a lot more than Nish IMO.

So why did managers continue to pick Nish over Benji?!?

Dirkster23
28-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm not that sure mate, although mostly in England recently Arsenal fans booing Eboue, Man U-Berbatov, England-Rooney, Villa-Agbonlahor spring to mind. I wonder how these teams' fans would react to having Colin in their side:greengrin

I'm not sure he's quite ready for the EPL:greengrin

It's not something i've noticed other SPL supports being guilty of, especially the outright hatred directed towards some of our players at the moment.

truehibernian
28-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Benji was one of the most technically gifted strikers we have had at the club in years.

If someone had been able to harness his training effort better, then he would have been an integral part of the side. Hughes however had Stokes as his favourite, and to be fair, Stokes was scoring goals. Hughes did however persist with Nish, even playing him "in the hole" which for me was one of the most ludicrous managerial decisions I have ever seen taken with a player like Colin Nish. In saying that, for me Hughes was an utter clown when it came to management (Hogg at right back another utter beauty).

Benji should still be at the club in my book, but again, John Hughes didn't "anticipate" the sales of Stokes (and/or Riordan), and waited until the last couple of days of the window to get strikers in..........shambolic with hindsight or not, given Byrne was out on loan and Stokes was away. Bear in mind, you are also then requiring your two new recruits to get match fit and up to speed.

Then again, thank heavens we now have Calderwood IMO. He is fast seeing week by week what needs done. The players are doing themselves 1) no favours and 2) showing with consistency they are not good enough (certain ones).

Positive from yesterday is a clean sheet, a point against a team that have outplayed us the last 4 times we have played home and away, and its another couple of weeks or so until the likes of Duffy and Trakys can get back from injury (and wee Zem too).

skipster7
28-11-2010, 04:41 PM
If he spent all afternoon in the Circus Maximus falling on his erchie, running into offside positions and claiming for imaginary fouls from imaginary lions, probably:agree:
:greengrinthat made me laugh.i feel for big colin, it must be murder being so petrified/tense when the balls coming his way which then leads to another mistake.for the sake of the guys career and our sanity lets hope he can get himself a move sooner rather than later.
when he comes back to ER and scores against us lets hope we dont spit the dummy out when he does a big justified get it right up you !

delbert
28-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Don't like hearing Hibs players get booed, but once again given a chance to show what he can do by being given centre stage, Nish manages to fluff his lines, and can anyone on here say they were surprised. When will people realise that players like Nish, Rankin, Stevenson, Hogg etc are just not going to take us forward as a club, they are journeymen, and not very good journeymen at that.

As for not hearing this at other grounds, Nish gets off lightly compared to what Darren Mackie gets at Aberdeen, maybe we should swap them, cos Mackie already comes pre-prepared for being booed for 90 mins. Personally the one silver lining for me is that the manager surely must see what we see, and Nish plus a number of other duds which he inherited from the previous grinning buffoon, will be on their way sooner rather than later.

marinello59
28-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Don't like hearing Hibs players get booed, but once again given a chance to show what he can do by being given centre stage, Nish manages to fluff his lines, and can anyone on here say they were surprised. When will people realise that players like Nish, Rankin, Stevenson, Hogg etc are just not going to take us forward as a club, they are journeymen, and not very good journeymen at that.

As for not hearing this at other grounds, Nish gets off lightly compared to what Darren Mackie gets at Aberdeen, maybe we should swap them, cos Mackie already comes pre-prepared for being booed for 90 mins. Personally the one silver lining for me is that the manager surely must see what we see, and Nish plus a number of other duds which he inherited from the previous grinning buffoon, will be on their way sooner rather than later.

That doesn't mean booing them is going to help though is it? If they are not good enough how is booing going to help improve their game? It's not going to encourage them to play any better, it will just take their confidence down another level.
The usual get out is to say the boos are a message to the manager / board etc to make changes. The sheer hatred in the faces of many screaming abuse at Nish throughout the game suggests otherwise.
I don't agree with booing our own but I can see why some do it. Disappointment, frustration etc throws logic out of the window I guess. What I really can't comprehend is the hate level. Maybe somebody could explain that to me.:confused:

Sammy7nil
28-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Ive been openly critical of Nish and stand by everything I have said previously that he isnt good enough and I honestly think hes one of the poorest strikers ive seen at that level for a long time. I was at the game yesterday and I actully felt really sorry for the guy the ironic cheers / boos when he was taken off and IMO its out of order. I do however totally appreciate why people did it, I think its all came to a head as people are sick of seeing the same dire performances from the guy and they are sick of it. I personally dont condone the booing / ironic cheering but who am I to tell the next Hibs fan whos paid his money just like me that hes not entitled to vent his frustration or boo or cheer. People possibly have different tolerance levels and I honestly think its got to the stage where so many fans just cant bite their tongue anymore, rightly or wrongly they pay their money and are entitled to their say, agree with it or not IMO.

For what its worth I think he will be away sooner rather than later but as someone posted earlier, which team in the SPL would he walk into possibly Hamilton / St Mirren and even that id say isnt a guarantee.

I know from experience its not nice getting pelters on and coming of the pitch from supporters but footballers I guess have to have thick skin as to be fair they are paid handsomly for doing what they love and ust have to get on with it.

Is that you Mr Joseph Tortolano :greengrin

SMAXXA
28-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Is that you Mr Joseph Tortolano :greengrin

Na Brian Hamilton :greengrin

Toaods
28-11-2010, 05:21 PM
That doesn't mean booing them is going to help though is it? If they are not good enough how is booing going to help improve their game? It's not going to encourage them to play any better, it will just take their confidence down another level.

token clapping hasn't done the trick either though has it, so it's a lose/lose situation regardless of whatever your actions are. People forget this is a business we have not a wee social club down the road. The vast open spaces of empty seats told a story yesterday and unless performance improve quickly we will be churning up a huge loss this season. A new broom sweeps clean and it will, meantime CC has to use the reources available to him and not upset the applecart but that doesn't mean others have to do the same.

CC must feel great every day when he wakes up, runs downstairs to grab a pen and score another day off in the SPL Transfer Window advent calendar.

skipster7
28-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I'll explain why I have no problem with booing.It's a way for fans to influence or help to influence a manager and the board.We have few ways of influencing things regarding our team. If a manager is swithering over a player that we know is mince ... Ten thousand people booing helps ram the point home.
and completely destroys said players confidence and with it our only real chance of a goal (yesterday).hart put in a great cross late on but unfortunatly we never had a striker on the pitch.self defeating.btw dont tar 10,000 with the booing just because you were one, more like a noisy shameful minority:bitchy:

marinello59
28-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I'll explain why I have no problem with booing.It's a way for fans to influence or help to influence a manager and the board.We have few ways of influencing things regarding our team. If a manager is swithering over a player that we know is mince ... Ten thousand people booing helps ram the point home.

Read my whole post. You haven't answered the question I asked.

Toaods
28-11-2010, 05:33 PM
btw dont tar 10,000 with the booing just because you were one, more like a noisy shameful minority:bitchy:

..that was no minority.

skipster7
28-11-2010, 05:40 PM
..that was no minority.
you think think over 5,000 were booing at nish while the game was going on then the same number sarcasticly cheered when he was taken off ? we'll have to disagree on that.:confused:

marinello59
28-11-2010, 05:41 PM
The hate level is a consequence of his ineptitude and the effect it has on the team.I'll be surprised if he plays again for us.

So you hate him because you think he isn't good enough? :confused:

Dirkster23
28-11-2010, 05:45 PM
The hate level is a consequence of his ineptitude and the effect it has on the team.I'll be surprised if he plays again for us.

Turn the clock back and it was the same way a lot of fans turned on Maka when he was making mistakes. Strangely you thought that was out of order.

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 05:57 PM

Not everyone booed so your silly point is flawed.....

Are you saying that we should have no manager then and just let the fans pick and choose the team and substitutes?

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 06:02 PM
I said quite clearly on another post that I don't hate him because I don't know him.I hate the impact he has on the club. And if an opportunity comes about to ram home to all concerned those feelings,then booing is fine by me.The general feeling of hate is,I suppose an association of ideas.

On another thread last night you quite clearly posted that you Hate Nish..... I remember thinking what a stupid remark to make....:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 06:06 PM
token clapping hasn't done the trick either though has it, so it's a lose/lose situation regardless of whatever your actions are. People forget this is a business we have not a wee social club down the road. The vast open spaces of empty seats told a story yesterday and unless performance improve quickly we will be churning up a huge loss this season. A new broom sweeps clean and it will, meantime CC has to use the reources available to him and not upset the applecart but that doesn't mean others have to do the same.

CC must feel great every day when he wakes up, runs downstairs to grab a pen and score another day off in the SPL Transfer Window advent calendar.

So you are saying that the clappers are the same as the booers????

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2010, 06:13 PM
You might want to check back?

Apologies Sir my mistake, Suggest I netter go and grab a coffee:wink:

marinello59
28-11-2010, 06:29 PM

:agree: We all know change is coming. So why dish out personal abuse to players when there is nothing that can be done for the next few weeks?

truehibernian
28-11-2010, 06:42 PM
:agree: We all know change is coming. So why dish out personal abuse to players when there is nothing that can be done for the next few weeks?

Agree with that.

Some people are also talking as if we are out the woods too, which for me, is far from certain. 5 points off the bottom means I would rather support the guys through the season and then take stock. I will always have an opinion on players but will try not to dish out personal insults. I think we are entitled to boo at the end of a game though, or at least vent yer spleen. During the game though I think it's poor show to boo our own when subbed etc.

Toaods
28-11-2010, 06:55 PM
So you are saying that the clappers are the same as the booers????

no, not the same...what I am implying is that both factions think the other is out of order but regardless, his form is honking therefore neither are doing any good.

well, it's saves battering the wife (allegedly)...:greengrin

allezsauzee
28-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't understand these so called 'supporters' who think that it's acceptable to cheer some of the players but boo players that for some reason they've taken a disliking too. I was in the West Upper yesterday and some ******wit was shouting dogs abuse at Mark Brown yesterday just he failed to find a Hibs player with a 60 yard ball, whilst not saying a word when out outfield players failed to do the same from 10 yards! ....and no it wasn't Graeme Smith:grr:

Toaods
28-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I was in the West Upper yesterday and some ******wit was shouting dogs abuse at Mark Brown yesterday just he failed to find a Hibs player with a 60 yard ball,

...Brown's problem was that he was missing all the players with these balls...:wink:

SMAXXA
28-11-2010, 07:28 PM
...Brown's problem was that he was missing all the players with these balls...:wink:

His kicking in the 2nd hald was murder, ironiclly he was out early practicing his kicking :faf:

On another note why do we persisit to punt high balls to our wingers??? :grr:

allezsauzee
28-11-2010, 07:38 PM

yeah...but so were the outfield players :wink:

new malkyhib
28-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Not this time this one wont.

You are however like a broken record and a not very good one at that.

It's an opinion's forum - you don't like the record playing, turn the sound down by reaching for the "ignore" option?

A blind man could see this Hibs team is terrible, whether it is because they have been consistently under resourced or those resources have been squandered by successive managers is a matter for debate.

What I said wasn't it?

When you compare how a team like ICT is performing on far inferior resources to those available to Hibs managers you would tend to believe that we should be doing better than we are with the resources deployed.

Ermm, yes.

However the truth as ever probably lies some where in the middle and the only way I can see of quick improvement is to throw some resources at this team.

I thought that's what I and some others who don't buy the ultra cautious line were advocating? I think we might have reached agreement again?

Ever thought though that maybe if you just made the point you wanted to make without classing everyone who disagreed with you as a board apologist that you would be better regarded on this board and folk would engage more in a debate with you?

Hmm, good point - similary though, anyone who disagrees with certain posters on her and call for the club to recruit a better standard of player are patronisingly dismissed with the Leeds/Gretna/Hearts are going to the wall line...opinions, again eh?

A wise man once said that "its often better to keep quiet and let everyone think you are a fool than to open your mouth and confirm to them that you definitely are"

Wise words indeed...

NAE NOOKIE
28-11-2010, 08:27 PM
I have seen some truly rubbish players play for us and at times I would have to say that Nishy would make the starting line up of my all time rubbish Hibs 11.

But having said that I have never booed him or any of my all time rubbish players off the park.

But I have to say that unless Nishy learns to run, jump and control the ball and goes to see a specialist about his inner ear problem in the next few months his time as a Hibs player must surely be coming to an end.

Its nothing personal. I'm sure he does his best, but unfortunately if that is his best I cant accept that the football club I want to see win the Scottish Cup one day thinks that players of his ability are of a standard which are going to make that happen.

They are not ..... :bitchy:

Holmesdale Hibs
28-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Constantly caught offside, constantly fouling, turkey touch, always looks like he is blowing out his arse. He was also being beaten in the air by the boy Anderson yesterday who is much smaller than him!

He is probably a nice big guy, good hibby and doesnt deserve to be abused but fact of the matter is he is not good enough and deserves to be criticised for his woeful performances.

In my opinion Benji was a far better player and he got released. The sooner Nish leaves the better, and hopefully he takes Rankin with him as he was awful yesterday and every other week.

I agree with most of that apart from the last paragraph - I was glad Benji left and think Rankin does ok - at the moment he's as good/bad as anyone else

There is a big difference between criticism and abuse and that's what CC was referring to. The fact he's a hibee and gives 100% does not make him exempt from criticism but should make him exempt from the level of abuse he gets on a weekly basis.

I've always defended him in the past and I think he's a better player than the one we're seeing. Unfortunately the 95% have destroyed his confidence and we're probably close to the point of no return. Would love for him to prove everyone wrong although he probably only has until January to do it.

4 Front Teeth
28-11-2010, 09:38 PM
It is a fact that players play better when the fans cheer them on and worse when jeered (there are a few exceptions e.g. Becks and Ashley Cole). The treatment of Nish yesterday was a disgrace, as a squad player he could be a good option in certain situations and score a few goals for us. The best example of the crowd affecting a player is Joe Tortolano - eventually the crowd got tired of booing him and cheered him just for a laugh, immediately he played some of his best football for us. Out of a squad of players there will always be a mixture of better and worse players, why not make sure we get the best out of all of them by backing them?

Toaods
28-11-2010, 10:15 PM
, as a squad player he could be a good option in certain situations and score a few goals for us.

what are these options you talk of?

Ed De Gramo
28-11-2010, 10:16 PM
The treatment that Nish got was shan & OTT...END OF!

He's not the best of players but he was our only striking option yesterday.

He needs to be moved on in January....

1/ He's not good enough and i'd rather see the wages being spent on younger players

2/ The abuse he gets must destroy his confidence and that isn't right for anybody trying to carry out their job.

There's too many ******** fans in our support :boo hoo:

RIP
29-11-2010, 07:24 AM
The treatment that Nish got was shan & OTT...END OF!

He's not the best of players but he was our only striking option yesterday.

He needs to be moved on in January....

1/ He's not good enough and i'd rather see the wages being spent on younger players

2/ The abuse he gets must destroy his confidence and that isn't right for anybody trying to carry out their job.

There's too many ******** fans in our support :boo hoo:

A tiny minority of folk made me sick at Easter Road on Saturday

The first was Colin Nish, played as always out of position as lone striker, something he simply cannot do (or stay on his feet for that matter) but the last 3 managers refuse to see it
The ugly fat bloke who stood at the back of Section 42 and shouted abuse at everyone - Nish, Rankin, Miller, Saints fans, Tam McCourt (I made that last one up). He even moved over into the Singing Section. He didn't sing there either. Was he even a Hibbie??
The tosspots over near s44 that sung Mrs Mercers spending XMAS alone and Nishy GTF

That god for guys like you Gramo and your mates in the Singing Section - you brought fun, laughter and class supporter behaviour to an otherwise miserable day :thumbsup:

Andy74
29-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Can I ask again why no-one said at the time that singing Yogi GTF or other chants about getting him the sack were wrong and that he would have performed better with support?

marinello59
29-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Can I ask again why no-one said at the time that singing Yogi GTF or other chants about getting him the sack were wrong and that he would have performed better with support?

Pretty sure some did. :confused:

AndersonGGTTH
29-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Is it?

But look what riordan can do for us though , not saying its ok to boo nish cause a never but he was simply dyre , why did yogi loan out byrne ffs

MSK
29-11-2010, 08:35 AM
But look what riordan can do for us though , not saying its ok to boo nish cause a never but he was simply dyre , why did yogi loan out byrne ffsSo he could pick up much needed experience i would have thought ..

marinello59
29-11-2010, 08:40 AM
But look what riordan can do for us though , not saying its ok to boo nish cause a never but he was simply dyre , why did yogi loan out byrne ffs

Riordan was applauded off the park by many when he got sent off in the Derby. What did he contribute on Saturday again?
(Deeks is my favourite Hibs player but he does get an easy ride compared to others which was the point being made.)
Byrne wasn't ready for the first team, the loan was to help him develop to that stage. It would hardly be fair to draft him back in and expect him to shoulder the burden of getting this team winning matches regularly again.

AndersonGGTTH
29-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Aye but when we only have like two strikers , and nish is one of them **

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 09:03 AM
These Nish arguments have been doing the rounds since he signed. And while its not right to boo ANY player during the games, we can say what we feel about the team here and other message boards.

I see some folk saying we dont have any other option at the moment, and he has to play. I dont believe that to be the case.

What does he offer? Its not goals, its not hold up play, and its not great effort. Some folk say he's not being played properly, can anyone explain to me what is his proper position, as i cant seem to work it out?

I'd play Trakys and Riordan up front, but if Trakys is injured, i'd play Galbraith and Riordan.

It might not work, but it would inject a bit more pace, and the option of a ball over the top. The short balls are not sticking to Nish, could Galbraith and Riordan be any worse?

RickyS
29-11-2010, 10:08 AM
These Nish arguments have been doing the rounds since he signed. And while its not right to boo ANY player during the games, we can say what we feel about the team here and other message boards.

I see some folk saying we dont have any other option at the moment, and he has to play. I dont believe that to be the case.

What does he offer? Its not goals, its not hold up play, and its not great effort. Some folk say he's not being played properly, can anyone explain to me what is his proper position, as i cant seem to work it out?

I'd play Trakys and Riordan up front, but if Trakys is injured, i'd play Galbraith and Riordan.

It might not work, but it would inject a bit more pace, and the option of a ball over the top. The short balls are not sticking to Nish, could Galbraith and Riordan be any worse?

what he said :top marks

SMAXXA
29-11-2010, 10:13 AM

Yeah but how would they cope with the constant high balls being pumped up to them by the keeper :wink:.

I agree with you tho, im sure we have players in our squad that are very capable playing up front and causing a defence to work for their money, Galbraith would offer some pace but for me he has to use it more and try beat the defender. Feel to often he tends to try pass / cross than actually go beat a man.

Dirkster23
29-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't think Maka made any more mistakes than any other top goalie. His stats are looking better all the time. But he's off to bigger and better things.:agree:

Aye, he's no let a goal in for weeks, eh :wink:

The sad truth is, Maka made more mistakes than an average keeper never mind a top one. This, however, is a Nish bashing thread so i'll say no more.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah but how would they cope with the constant high balls being pumped up to them by the keeper :wink:.

I agree with you tho, im sure we have players in our squad that are very capable playing up front and causing a defence to work for their money, Galbraith would offer some pace but for me he has to use it more and try beat the defender. Feel to often he tends to try pass / cross than actually go beat a man.

Probably just as good as the guy playing there at the moment. :wink: I think your next point is a good one, whoever we play against, their defence are not having to work too hard against us. We do lack pace, any sort of pace, and apart from Bamba, we don't have much in any part of the field.

Defenders love when the game is played in front of them, and hate having to turn. Riordan is always going to play when available, and he's no speed merchant, so Galbraith might be a better option until we get to January?

Baldy Foghorn
29-11-2010, 10:38 AM

Would you have changed the starting 11 on Saturday, or did you agree Nish was the only real option up top?

Sammy7nil
29-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Riordan was applauded off the park by many when he got sent off in the Derby. What did he contribute on Saturday again?
(Deeks is my favourite Hibs player but he does get an easy ride compared to others which was the point being made.)
Byrne wasn't ready for the first team, the loan was to help him develop to that stage. It would hardly be fair to draft him back in and expect him to shoulder the burden of getting this team winning matches regularly again.

You have just watched a game where Deek did not play

That is the FUTURE without him.

Work it out why he gets an easy ride.

SMAXXA
29-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Probably just as good as the guy playing there at the moment. :wink: I think your next point is a good one, whoever we play against, their defence are not having to work too hard against us. We do lack pace, any sort of pace, and apart from Bamba, we don't have much in any part of the field.

Defenders love when the game is played in front of them, and hate having to turn. Riordan is always going to play when available, and he's no speed merchant, so Galbraith might be a better option until we get to January?

Thats exactly it we are giving teams an easy ride far too often, at least have a go and let the defenders know they have been in a game, maybe Big Sol is the future up front :greengrin, now that would be funny to see.

I think if we are to play Danny up front unitl January we will need to really change the way we play, far too often we try going front to back rather than play through the channels. Dont get me wrong we seen the sucess we had playing Trakys up front against Motherwell having a striker that wins balls in the air and looks an all round handfull to defenders so when people are fit and availible we do have options, all be it, limited. I can see it being Deeks and Trakys next week if fit but if not id be more than happy to play Galbraith up top if not.

Infact **** it lets play Deek Trakys and Nish up front that way people cant say Nish isnt being played how he should be :wink: he will have the best of both worlds target man and playmaker next to him :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Would you have changed the starting 11 on Saturday, or did you agree Nish was the only real option up top?

I wouldn't play Nish at all. I'd do what i said in that post you quoted.

marinello59
29-11-2010, 12:23 PM
You have just watched a game where Deek did not play

That is the FUTURE without him.

Work it out why he gets an easy ride.

It's a pity he wasn't on the park then.

SMAXXA
29-11-2010, 12:25 PM

I think CC didnt have much alternative other than starting CN on saturday. I would say however he maybe could have played CN as part of a 2 man partnership but I guess thats what CC is paid for to make these decisions. No doubt over his time at Hibs he will live and die by the sword making these decisons.

I would say tho that if we are playing 1 up top it cannot be Nish (not going into another slating on the guys ability enough has been said before) but it has to be Trakys, obviously when availible. If he is not, we need to adapt and play guys with a bit more about them in terms of pace etc and play to these strengths. I felt far to often on Saturday like in many games before this Mark Brown ATTEMPTED to play hig balls to Danny Galbraith, 2nd half in particular. Why have a guy where his ability is clearly with the ball at his feet on the deck and play hopeless balls at him, it baffles me. If we play with guys like him and spoony we have to be building from the back and getting it into their feet in the right areas where they can go and hurt teams.

SMAXXA
29-11-2010, 12:53 PM
The sad truth is that he didn't make more mistakes than an average or top keeper and someone else is going to benefit. I'll say no more as it's a Nish thread.

You dont think Maka made more mistakes than an average or top keeper? I would class Kello, Bell( Kili), Gallagher (St Midden), Smith (St J Smith) to name but a few as overage and think he made a lot more errors than these guys. Dont get me wrong keeprs make mistakes and so do players but Maka just made too many IMO

Baldy Foghorn
29-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't play Nish at all. I'd do what i said in that post you quoted.

I asked about Saturday just past, both Trakys and Rirdan were unavailable..... Would you still have left out Nish?

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 01:39 PM
I asked about Saturday just past, both Trakys and Rirdan were unavailable..... Would you still have left out Nish?

I wouldn't play Nish while we have 11 fit players at the club.

marinello59
29-11-2010, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't play Nish while we have 11 fit players at the club.

Thank goodness you ain't manager then.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Thank goodness you ain't manager then.:greengrin

You wont be the only one who's saying that.:greengrin I cant think of anything Nish gives the team other than he plugs away. Any of the squad 1st team or reserves can do that. :boo hoo:

marinello59
29-11-2010, 02:05 PM
You wont be the only one who's saying that.:greengrin I cant think of anything Nish gives the team other than he plugs away. Any of the squad 1st team or reserves can do that. :boo hoo:

Obviously because he has never played a single good game for us ever. I don't know how many managers he has had at SPL level but it's frightening to think that they were ALL deluded enough to give him a game. He'll probably end up at another SPL club where yet another manager will give him a regular game.

Sammy7nil
29-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Obviously because he has never played a single good game for us ever. I don't know how many managers he has had at SPL level but it's frightening to think that they were ALL deluded enough to give him a game. He'll probably end up at another SPL club where yet another manager will give him a regular game.

Lets hope so :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Baldy Foghorn
29-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Lets hope so :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :wink::wink::wink::wink:

On another thread you said you hoped Nish could turn it around...... Make your mind up:rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
29-11-2010, 02:39 PM
On another thread you said you hoped Nish could turn it around...... Make your mind up:rolleyes:

Hence the 4 winks !!! It is a joke !
Too many peeps ready to jump on every post :wink:

ShanksSaidNo
29-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I've not even bothered to read the 8 pages on this, before posting so i may be reinventing the wheel big time with my opinion.

As a supporter of Hibs, I have no vendetta against Colin Nish whatsoever. As a football fan however - Colin Nish is completely woeful and listening to people, sticking up for him to me - is completely uncomprehendable! As a man i'm sure he's a decent guy but as a footballer he deserves to be roundly criticised as he is simply rotten. In the case of a footballer - this criticism comes from the stands and granted isnt always vented in the most constructive of ways, but the sentiment behind the abuse is completely justified!

Booing our own players is never something i've done, but in Colin Nish's case the fact that some choose to do so doesnt surprise me at all.

SMAXXA
29-11-2010, 03:43 PM

Aye and they have all went onto be great successful managers, must know their stuff :greengrin

In all fairness I think alot of the reason he has been played by so many managers is because they have all lacked other decent options up front. Cant remember him ever being linked with a good move on the back of his success on the park, I could be wrong tho just saying it how I see it.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 05:09 PM

I dont think anyone has said he's never had a good game for us? Although it is a struggle to remember the last one.:confused:

The only reason he's playing at the moment in my opinion, is the new manager does not have many options, and he's still judging everyone. I don't think this manager will be deluded enough to reward him with another contract.

I also think he will be very lucky to get a game for anyone in the SPL, and will struggle to get a decent club in the 1st.

hibsbollah
29-11-2010, 05:33 PM

:confused:
Who's ever said that? Seems like you're inventing a sarcastic false position to justify your own.

marinello59
29-11-2010, 05:52 PM
:confused:
Who's ever said that? Seems like you're inventing a sarcastic false position to justify your own.

Post after post (on various threads) on here laying out how totally and utterly useless he is. Suggestions he couldn't make Junior level. Blackpoolhibs (who I was responding too) would play absolutely anybody at the club before Nish. I don't think I have invented a false position.

hibsbollah
29-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Post after post (on various threads) on here laying out how totally and utterly useless he is. Suggestions he couldn't make Junior level. Blackpoolhibs (who I was responding too) would play absolutely anybody at the club before Nish. I don't think I have invented a false position.

I agree with Blackpool-at the moment Nish should be last of the entire squad to get a game because his form is through the floor. I'd play Stephens or Galbraith up front before Nish. And I also accept he's had the occasional good game for us in the past, ('Nish fluctuates between genius and village idiot' is a dashing bob quote that i liked)I just cant see where his next good performance is going to come from.

I honestly dont think Nish has been treated any worse by the fans than any other rank rotten performer we've had over the last few years.

marinello59
29-11-2010, 06:03 PM
I agree with Blackpool-at the moment Nish should be last of the entire squad to get a game because his form is through the floor. I'd play Stephens or Galbraith up front before Nish. And I also accept he's had the occasional good game for us in the past, (]'Nish fluctuates between genius and village idiot[/B]' is a dashing bob quote that i liked)I just cant see where his next good performance is going to come from.

I honestly dont think Nish has been treated any worse by the fans than any other rank rotten performer we've had over the last few years.

I quite liked that one too.:agree:
Probably all we will agree on but it's something. :greengrin

SMAXXA
29-11-2010, 06:07 PM
I agree with Blackpool-at the moment Nish should be last of the entire squad to get a game because his form is through the floor. I'd play Stephens or Galbraith up front before Nish. And I also accept he's had the occasional good game for us in the past, ('Nish fluctuates between genius and village idiot' is a dashing bob quote that i liked)I just cant see where his next good performance is going to come from.

When did this happen have I mised something :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 06:18 PM

I never said he couldnt make junior level, that must have been someone else. I did say he will probably find it very difficult to find an SPL club, and even a top 1st division side.

marinello59
29-11-2010, 06:22 PM
I never said he couldnt make junior level, that must have been someone else. I did say he will probably find it very difficult to find an SPL club, and even a top 1st division side.

No you didn't. Bad wording on my part. Sorry.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 06:23 PM
No you didn't. Bad wording on my part. Sorry.

No problem. :greengrin

marinello59
29-11-2010, 06:28 PM
No problem. :greengrin

I am logging out to watch the Barca game. Do me a favour, if you post on this thread while I am gone could you just post the opposite viewpoint on my behalf. I'll do the same for you at a later date. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 06:30 PM
I am logging out to watch the Barca game. Do me a favour, if you post on this thread while I am gone could you just post the opposite viewpoint on my behalf. I'll do the same for you at a later date. :thumbsup:

:faf::faf::top marks

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I quite liked that one too.:agree:
Probably all we will agree on but it's something. :greengrin

It's just a shame that he's stopped fluctuating and seems to have firmly come down on one side.

And, even sadder to say, it ain't genius.

Phil MaGlass
30-11-2010, 11:10 AM
He will probably leave us in january then come back to haunt us as every other player we bounce seems to do.

Phil MaGlass
30-11-2010, 11:31 AM
cannae believe that since we have not enough strikers, why are one or two of our loan players who are scoring not called back?

Danderhall Hibs
30-11-2010, 12:24 PM
cannae believe that since we have not enough strikers, why are one or two of our loan players who are scoring not called back?

Probably contract reasons?

Who are we talking about anyway? Byrne and who else? And when did Byrne last score? Genuine questions.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2010, 12:29 PM
He will probably leave us in january then come back to haunt us as every other player we bounce seems to do.

Hartley yes, but apart from those who we couldn't afford to keep, who else has been a real success after leaving Hibs? And who have come back to haunt us?

Hibbyradge
30-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Hartley yes, but apart from those who we couldn't afford to keep, who else has been a real success after leaving Hibs? And who have come back to haunt us?

John Robertson. Gordon Strachan.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2010, 01:58 PM
John Robertson. Gordon Strachan.

Technically i dont think Robertson was a fully fledged Hibs signing,:boo hoo: Was Strachan?:confused:

khib70
30-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Technically i dont think Robertson was a fully fledged Hibs signing,:boo hoo: Was Strachan?:confused:
Nope, he wasn't.

There was Paul Wright, who made a fair job of it with St Johnstone and Killie. But he was a far, far better player than Nish. If Nish is all the haunting we get, I can live with it.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Nope, he wasn't.

There was Paul Wright, who made a fair job of it with St Johnstone and Killie. But he was a far, far better player than Nish. If Nish is all the haunting we get, I can live with it.

Ah Paul Wright, he did seem to score against us a lot. :boo hoo: This quote is always trotted out when someone is about to leave us, as if there is a long list of them out there. When in reality, there's very few who have.

Leithenhibby
30-11-2010, 02:15 PM

Colin Stein, many years ago granted, but did he not come back to ER and score a hat-trick against us .. :boo hoo: