PDA

View Full Version : Players Ratings

Davy Mac
27-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Brown 5 - Safe pair of hands although he doesn't seem to like coming off his line

Hart 6 - Much better in the 2nd half, one terrific cross into the box with no takers
Grounds 4 - Looks the part but far too casual and passing poor today
Dickoh 6 - Played well, one lapse for Colin Samuel but did fine
Bamba 8 - Honestly, without this fella we are donald ducked

Rankin 4 - Sat far too deep, timid and lacks imagination
Galbraith 4 - Reminds of a poorer Dean Shiels
Miller 7 - Class act, don't understand why he was taken off.
De Graaf 3 - Passes either sideways or back. Not impressed
Murray 7 - Nearly MOM for me but not quite sure why he was taken off

Nish 2 - Sorry although a good Hibee, his display was nothing short of catastrophic, dick turpin would be embarrased to pick up his wage this week. Couldn't make the ball stick, couldn't jump, always on his arse, slow, doesn't work hard enough and doesn't look interested. Never turn my back on a Hibee but his performance was diabolical.

Wotherspoon 3 - A bit of pace we needed
Stephens 4 - Did more in 10 mins that Nish in the whole game
Stevenson 2 - Knocked off the ball too easily

Calderwood 5 - You can only pxss with the cxck you've got

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Righto,

I am gonna kick this off!!

Brown-7-Nothing to do, kicking was wayward at best!

Grounds-6-Poorest game i have seen from him, wasn't keen to run forward or attack byline, few wayward passes.

Bamba-8-Looking back to his imperious best!!!Superb.

Dickoh-7-Coped well, not a great deal to do in what was a tough encounter with the big fella up front for the Saints.

Hart-7-Hart never really put a foot wrong, good performance.

Murray-8-Murray isn't the best footballer but he is the only 'trier' in this team. He is an example to all around him. Cattled at 65 mins and was right decision to sub him.

Miller-5-Shocking display. Murray was the driving force in our midfield. This is meant to be Miller's job?? Doesn't close down, doesn't win battles....woeful.

Rankin-5-See above and add on on disgraceful decision making and passing ability.

Galbraith-6-He huffed and puffed but of all the starts he has had he has failed to perform. He put in 1 or 2 crosses but i don't think he has it. Spoony is far superior.

De Graf-7-Thought he was pretty good. De graf has anticipation, ability and desire, he just lacks the gas to carry out these things. Looks like a good footballer playing in a 42 year old's body.

Nish-2-Being replaced by a centre half and doing 'nothing' of merit for the time he was on the field. You should be ashamed of yourself (and i quite like Nishy!!)

Subs:

Wotherspoon-7-Closed down and put pressure on. Much more than some of his colleagues. Should start.

Stephens-7-Won headers, held up ball. All you can ask of a centre half/forward!!

Stevenson-5-Not on for long but found time to make countless misplaced passes.

BEEJ
27-11-2010, 05:12 PM
This seems like a standard report on Rankin's performances. Yet it's strange how often he seems to get into the first 11 under successive managers.

Nish 2 - Sorry although a good Hibee, his display was nothing short of catastrophic, dick turpin would be embarrased to pick up his wage this week. Couldn't make the ball stick, couldn't jump, always on his arse, slow, doesn't work hard enough and doesn't look interested. Never turn my back on a Hibee but his performance was diabolical.
Would never boo Hibs players at matches. But I just don't rate this guy. Best for both him and the club if he moves on in the January window.

GreenCastle
27-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Brown 5 - Safe pair of hands although he doesn't seem to like coming off his line

Hart 6 - Much better in the 2nd half, one terrific cross into the box with no takers

Are these players really playing for there futures ??

Brown 4 - Kicking was poor from the ground and from hands - sliced 2 into the East in a row - doesn't come for crosses and

Hart 5 - Much better in the 2nd half, one terrific cross into the box with no takers - Doesn't like his left foot.Dribbled over the touchline once ?
Grounds 4 - Started playing better last 5 minutes - put a great low ball into the box - gave the way far too many times and made some bad decisions in possession. Could easily have been taken off earlier.
Dickoh 6 - Pretty steady - Did ok - one mix up with Grounds - letting/watching the ball roll across the box
Bamba 8 - Solid - Put him in midfield where he can do more - though take him out the back and we struggle.

Galbraith 4 - Reminds of a poorer Dean Shiels - didn't go at his man once.
Miller 6 - Did ok - still passes the ball backwards and sideways too much.
De Graaf 5 - Had glimpses of good things - shot at goal and give and go's - but not in the game enough.
Murray 7 - Mr Hibs - loves the team and puts the work in - I think he came off due to injury ? Needs to get more match fit.

Nish 2 - 2 fouls ok - but constant fouling when there was no need and letting the Saints defense off the hook when under pressure. 1st touch was terrible - Movement non - existent. He was the target man throughout but worrying when a centre back comes on for you and does more in 15 minutes winning headers and going at players than Nish did in 75 minutes.

Wotherspoon 4- Looked like he cared -
Stephens 4 - Did more in 10 mins that Nish in the whole game - won headers and went at the St J defense who weren't tested all afternoon.
Stevenson 3 - Not enough time on the pitch to do much - put some good passes in.

Calderwood 4 - Strange subs ? Predictable tactics - long ball to Nish. Team shape played straight into how the Saints were trying to defend. Not enough width.

The game was poor today - I can remember one shot on goal - one Hibs corner and countless times the ball was given away. The decision making was bad - when to pass to feet and when to pass into space. Players looked slow and basic errors were made - passes to know one - bad clearances. Play the youngsters I say.

Davy Mac
27-11-2010, 05:15 PM
This seems like a standard report on Rankin's performances. Yet it's strange how often he seems to get into the first 11 under successive managers.

Without stating the obvious but he's left sided and there isn't too many left footed players at this level.

Talks a good game as well, but for me - just so average.

BEEJ
27-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Without stating the obvious but he's left sided and there isn't too many left footed players at this level.

Galbraith, Stevenson and Currie are all left sided midfielders. Wotherspoon can do a shift in there as well. We do have options.

GreenPJ
27-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Grounds passing is abysmal, he can put in a tackle and finds himself space but he can't pass water. Sadly he will be no loss when he goes.

Nish I feel sorry for as it must be horrible to have your own fans so happy to see you subbed but its time for his own sake to move on. Whatever confidence he may have had is gone and as someone has said Stephens did more in 10 mins than Nish had in the previous 70.

Miller is an enigma who slows the play up too much and bottles it too much. Rankin is not the best and his confidence is low but would certainly benefit from more solid midfielders beside him (De Graff can do some really good things and then some god awful ones the next minute).

Finally whoever thinks Galbraith is ready yet is wrong. He is a sub at best at the moment.

Poor poor performance at home and can only hope that we stay away from the relegation zone and get rid of the dead wood in Jan/the summer.

random sub
27-11-2010, 05:27 PM
De Graf-7-Thought he was pretty good. De graf has anticipation, ability and desire, he just lacks the gas to carry out these things. Looks like a good footballer playing in a 42 year old's body.:greengrin:greengrin
too right- sums him up for me as well!

Thought we lacked any creativity today, except for Bamba who seems like our only player who can go past a man.

skipster7
27-11-2010, 05:34 PM
brown-6-poor kicking but otherwise nothing to do.
hart-6- stuck at it well enough in defence.
grounds-6-goes from looking good to terrible in a matter of seconds.
dickoh-7-solid.
bamba-8-very much in his element.imposed himself from the first minute.
rankin-5-invisible man for the most part.
de graff-6-see grounds.
murray-7- much needed bite and drive in midfield.assume he was knackered.
miller-6- most creative player but slowed everything down when on the break.
galbraith-5-tried hard but nothing much happened for him.
colin ****ing nish-4-started ok but went downhill fast.probably a nervous wreck but brings it on himself most of the time.we dont ask much, just stand up and win a few headers while occasionally passing to a green jersey.

subs-3 , stephens won a couple of headers,wotherspoon looked lively.
stevenson-2-dont know if he even touched the ball.

Dunbar Hibee
27-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Brown 6-Poor kicking
Hart - 3 from me, i thought he had a shocker today.
Grounds - 4 - see above
Bamba 5 - Done what he had to but not outstanding
Dickoh 5- Same as Bamba
Rankin 7- One of his best performances in a Hibs jersey imo.
Miller 4 - *****bagged it all day. Not 1 tackle made.
Galbraith 5- Frustrating day for him. Seems scared to take players on.
Murray 6- one of our better players. Baffled why he was taken off.
De Graaf 6 - Ok today.
Nish - 2 .. awful game from him today and I dont usually criticise him.

GreenCastle
27-11-2010, 05:41 PM

That's the big problem right now - so many average players in the team - and as a result we are doing average / poor in a not very high standard league.

Apart from Bamba who played today - which players would you get a fee or decent money for ?

KiddA
27-11-2010, 05:44 PM

Could not agree more but thought you were a little kind giving Nish a 2. If he gets a new deal I will be amazed. One of the worst Hibs forwards I have ever seen :agree:

Davy Mac
27-11-2010, 05:45 PM
That's the big problem right now - so many average players in the team - and as a result we are doing average / poor in a not very high standard league.

Apart from Bamba who played today - which players would you get a fee or decent money for ?

The family silver is long gone and I think it will take years to recover.

Bamba
Miller
Deeks - ssshhh
Murray

That's it I'm afraid.

GreenCastle
27-11-2010, 05:49 PM

Bamba
Miller
Deeks - ssshhh
Murray

That's it I'm afraid.

Agree with that - Murray probably not due to age now / injury prone now.

In the Bobby Williamson days he had to play the youngsters - ( Brown, Whittacker, Thompson etc ) due to lack of funds.

If any of these u19's are any good then surely we can get them involved soon - Booth, Bryne etc

Jones28
27-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Brown: 5 - Didn't have much to do, doesnt seem to want the ball played back to him at all

Hart: 6 - Fairly steady defensively, attacking was poor, gave the ball away and was caught out of position a few times
Bamba: 8 MOTM - Excellent from Sol, solid in the air, good sliding challenges and played some great passes
Dickoh: 7 - Solid enough from him, needs to be a bit more decisive however
Grounds: 5 - Not his best by any stretch, gave the ball away attacking, was far better in defense

Galbraith: 5 - Did nothing for me today, like Dean Sheils except less committed, maybe showing why he is not a starting player
De Graaf: 6 - Had a beast of a shot saved, played some nice passes and got involved in attacking
Miller: 6 - He was Ok, his passing MUST be more forward. Had some nice footwork which got him out of tricky spots.
Murray: 7 - Committed, resolute and tireless, same old from Ian Murray, keep it up!
Rankin: 5 - Like Galbraith, was barely involved, only thing I remember is him having a shot blocked.

Nish: 1 - Absolutely terrible. Nuff said

Fans: 10! - THAT is a football crowd :flag:

Sir David Gray
27-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Brown-6

Hart-6
Dickoh-6
Bamba-6
Grounds-3

Rankin-4
de Graaf-5
Miller-6
Murray-6
Galbraith-4

Nish-3

SUBS

Wotherspoon-3
Stevenson-2
Stephens-5

Albion Hibs
27-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Brown 5 - Cant seem to kick a ball at the moment. His poor kicks brought pressure onto us at times when we were in control of the game. Starting to have my doubts.

Hart 6 - Decent 2nd half, and defended well which was good to see. Did not really offer anything going forward, but much better than last weeks first 45 mins.

Grounds 4 - Did not look anything like the part today. Had some good opportunities going forward, but failed pretty much every time, passing and delivery into the box was rank. Will put that one down to a bad day at the office as he has been decent recently.

Dickoh 7 - Played well a pretty much faultless performance, had very little to do.

Bamba 8 - Played very well, consistent and no bamba-esk mistakes.

Rankin 5 - Went missing for most of the game after starting pretty well.

Galbraith 4 - This kid has pace, yet he seems like he has no interest in using it. Came on an had a positive impact last week, that is perhaps more of a role for him. Would bring Wotherspoon into the team for him.

Miller 7 - Seems to have built a decent relationship with Murray in the middle of the park. Good performance, dont know what he was taken off.

De Graaf 5 - Looks like he wants to do more, he just does not actually follow through on doing it.

Murray 8 - My man of the match hands down, controlled the midfield, dropped in and defended at every time of asking, got forward well and I think with a couple more games under his belt / match fitness, he will grow to be even more significant for us. Why he was taken off - CC?

Nish 5 - Started the game well and won more than his share in the air, as the game went on that stopped happening. His treatment when he was going off makes me embarrassed to be a hibs fan.

Wotherspoon 3 - Did nothing and got caught out of position. Would give him a chance from the start next week, him and galbraith in the same team is a non-starter for me, one on for the other.

Stevenson 4 - Had less time than other subs but got more involved and dropped a couple of decent balls into the box, cant help but feel he would be an equally as good an option in front of Galbraith.

Calderwood 5 - Sticking a centre half on up front seemed to work for winning the punt. As for Miller and Murray coming off, that seemed to take away the control we had on the midfield game - poor choice, reflected in the fans reaction.

bongo'd
27-11-2010, 05:58 PM
It's funny how people's views on the game differ. Personally thought Miller was decent today, the only player on the park who looked to get on the ball, lift his head and try to make passes. Is it his fault there was no movement around him? Yes he doesn't put his foot in where it hurts but that is what Murray (another good performance from the Hibs captain) is there to do IMHO.

Agree that Nish was absolutely god awful but will not revert to booing a Hibs player no matter how poor they have been.

CC substitutions - questionable at best. He had no options on an attacking front but to take off our two best players was baffling. Really feel for the guy as it appears he doesn't have the tools at his disposal to get a decent team on the park.:grr:

Sir David Gray
27-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Brown 5 - Cant seem to kick a ball at the moment. His poor kicks brought pressure onto us at times when we were in control of the game. Starting to have my doubts.

Hart 6 - Decent 2nd half, and defended well which was good to see. Did not really offer anything going forward, but much better than last weeks first 45 mins.

Grounds 4 - Did not look anything like the part today. Had some good opportunities going forward, but failed pretty much every time, passing and delivery into the box was rank. Will put that one down to a bad day at the office as he has been decent recently.

Dickoh 7 - Played well a pretty much faultless performance, had very little to do.

Bamba 8 - Played very well, consistent and no bamba-esk mistakes.

Rankin 5 - Went missing for most of the game after starting pretty well.

Galbraith 4 - This kid has pace, yet he seems like he has no interest in using it. Came on an had a positive impact last week, that is perhaps more of a role for him. Would bring Wotherspoon into the team for him.

Miller 7 - Seems to have built a decent relationship with Murray in the middle of the park. Good performance, dont know what he was taken off.

De Graaf 5 - Looks like he wants to do more, he just does not actually follow through on doing it.

Murray 8 - My man of the match hands down, controlled the midfield, dropped in and defended at every time of asking, got forward well and I think with a couple more games under his belt / match fitness, he will grow to be even more significant for us. Why he was taken off - CC?

Nish 5 - Started the game well and won more than his share in the air, as the game went on that stopped happening. His treatment when he was going off makes me embarrassed to be a hibs fan.

Wotherspoon 3 - Did nothing and got caught out of position. Would give him a chance from the start next week, him and galbraith in the same team is a non-starter for me, one on for the other.

Stevenson 4 - Had less time than other subs but got more involved and dropped a couple of decent balls into the box, cant help but feel he would be an equally as good an option in front of Galbraith.

Calderwood 5 - Sticking a centre half on up front seemed to work for winning the punt. As for Miller and Murray coming off, that seemed to take away the control we had on the midfield game - poor choice, reflected in the fans reaction.

:agree: He wasn't great today but the way the fans cheered when his number went up for him to go off was disgraceful and those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Nish really needs to leave Hibs for the sake of his own career as a large section of the Hibs support have him targeted before he even starts games nowadays. When he does go, I hope he is a success at his new club and scores the goals that I know he is capable of scoring.

It's a real pity that he is being treated in such a demeaning way when the guy probably had the proudest day of his life when he made his debut for Hibs a couple of years ago. It must real hurt him to hear his fellow Hibs fans mocking him.

lucky
27-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Brown-6--steady game but some dodgy kick outs

Hart-6--panics at times
Dickoh-6 steady game
Bamba-6 steady game
Grounds-3-- shocking use of ball not helped by Rankin constantly not be available for a pass

Rankin-2 why does he get a game
de Graaf-5 there is a player in there just hoping he comes out soon
Miller-7-- baffled why he subbed. Only skillful player in the team
Murray-6-- works his socks again don't know why he came of
Galbraith-4-- Did nothing

Nish-1--The fact he was replaced by a 19 center-half who did more in 15 minutes than Nish has done all season sums it up for me.

SUBS

Wotherspoon-3
Stevenson-2. tries but is just not up to it
Stephens-5-- put himself about well

Calderwood 5 poor choice of subs today

Fans 8 excellent through out. just wish more had turned up

Taz_hibee
27-11-2010, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=bongo'd;2648229]It's funny how people's views on the game differ. Personally thought Miller was decent today, the only player on the park who looked to get on the ball, lift his head and try to make passes. Is it his fault there was no movement around him? Yes he doesn't put his foot in where it hurts but that is what Murray (another good performance from the Hibs captain) is there to do IMHO.

You answered your own question, when we have a battle in midfield he bottles out of every tackle.
How exactly is Murray meant to tackle for him :confused:

skipster7
27-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Brown: 5 - Didn't have much to do, doesnt seem to want the ball played back to him at all

Hart: 6 - Fairly steady defensively, attacking was poor, gave the ball away and was caught out of position a few times
Bamba: 8 MOTM - Excellent from Sol, solid in the air, good sliding challenges and played some great passes
Dickoh: 7 - Solid enough from him, needs to be a bit more decisive however
Grounds: 5 - Not his best by any stretch, gave the ball away attacking, was far better in defense

Galbraith: 5 - Did nothing for me today, like Dean Sheils except less committed, maybe showing why he is not a starting player
De Graaf: 6 - Had a beast of a shot saved, played some nice passes and got involved in attacking
Miller: 6 - He was Ok, his passing MUST be more forward. Had some nice footwork which got him out of tricky spots.
Murray: 7 - Committed, resolute and tireless, same old from Ian Murray, keep it up!
Rankin: 5 - Like Galbraith, was barely involved, only thing I remember is him having a shot blocked.

Nish: 1 - Absolutely terrible. Nuff said

Fans: 10! - THAT is a football crowd :flag:
10=good singing spreading through first half.:greengrin
-10=shocking booing of own teams player in second:bitchy:

Hibbyradge
27-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Grounds 1. Nish 1. Murray and Bamba 7. The rest, 5.

sahib
27-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Brown-6--steady game but some dodgy kick outs

Hart-6--panics at times
Dickoh-6 steady game
Bamba-6 steady game
Grounds-3-- shocking use of ball not helped by Rankin constantly not be available for a pass

Rankin-2 why does he get a game
de Graaf-5 there is a player in there just hoping he comes out soon
Miller-7-- baffled why he subbed. Only skillful player in the team
Murray-6-- works his socks again don't know why he came of
Galbraith-4-- Did nothing

Nish-1--The fact he was replaced by a 19 center-half who did more in 15 minutes than Nish has done all season sums it up for me.

SUBS

Wotherspoon-3
Stevenson-2. tries but is just not up to it
Stephens-5-- put himself about well

Calderwood 5 poor choice of subs today

Fans 8 excellent through out. just wish more had turned up

It is surprising more people aren't willing to pay £22 to be bored silly and risk dying from hypothermia. :wink:

BigKev
27-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Brown 6 - Looked ok but as mentioned kicking was poor - wonder if he has a problem as he was practicing kick outs at half time.

Hart 5 - Reminds me of DVZ. Average game for an average footballer

Dickoh 6 - Done nothing wrong and made a fantastic block second half when we were trying to gift them a goal.

Bamba 7 - Good game from Bamba, much better from him - well seeing there's a transfer window coming up...

Grounds 3 - Awful. Awful passing, crossing and positioning. He ended up at right midfield twice in the second half.

Rankin 5 - Same as Hart, an average player. If only Ian Murray could get his stamina but some of the abuse he takes is ott. Someone behind me shouted today "Get f*****g wide Rankin". He was standing on the touchline at the time. Easy scapegoat.

Miller 6 - Done ok. Short passing much improved from the start of the season. A bit negative in looking to pass wide all day today though when on two occasions could have had a dig.

Murray 7 - Our top dog in midfield. Chased, harried and used the ball relatively well. Was bamboozled when subbed but if he was injured fair do's.

De Graaf 5 - Still not sure what to make of him after nearly 4 months. Did have a decent strike first half but could have done better with second half chance?

Galbraith 5 - Pace was a threat but needs to work on making himself more available.

Nish 1 - Just not good enough. His displays are becoming embarrassing for club and fans alike. Can't condone the booing but when you see someone being so apathetic week after week can understand it.

Subs :

Wotherspoon : Done little of note.

Stephens : Replaced Nish, immediately won 2 headers then looked like a centre half playing up front.

Stevenson : No time.

frazeHFC
27-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Brown - 5 - Poor kicking today

Hart - 6 - Looks a bit shaky, but did not do too much wrong
Bamba - 9 - Just brilliant, his control and skill proves he would be good in midfield
Dickoh - 7 - Defended well, solid
Grounds - 4 - A few misplaced passes and lost the ball a lot when attacking

Galbraith - 6 - Not looking at his best just now
De Graaf - 6 - Tried to get foward, hard to play in a crowded midfield
Murray - 8 - Why was he taken off?
Miller - 7 - Got a lot of stick but i thought he tried to create, just never always pulled it off
Rankin - 6 - Nothing wrong

Nish - 0 - Terrible, shocking, Bambi on ice

CC - Poor subs, right formation just never quite had the quality

Fans - 9, would have been a 10 if the noise had been as loud for 90 minutes.

Love the Green
27-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Brown 6-Poor kicking
Hart - 3 from me, i thought he had a shocker today.
Grounds - 4 - see above
Bamba 5 - Done what he had to but not outstanding
Dickoh 5- Same as Bamba
Rankin 7- One of his best performances in a Hibs jersey imo.
Miller 4 - *****bagged it all day. Not 1 tackle made.
Galbraith 5- Frustrating day for him. Seems scared to take players on.
Murray 6- one of our better players. Baffled why he was taken off.
De Graaf 6 - Ok today.
Nish - 2 .. awful game from him today and I dont usually criticise him.

Sorry but you were not at ER today and if you were then you must be realated to this pathetic excues for a football player.Cant tacle pass or beat a man pathetic wage thief.

"keep the faith":wink:

BSEJVT
27-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Ratings.

I dont think they mean to do poorly, they are just so average and one paced its incredible.

I would give most 5's as I think they try hard enough but are short of quality and confidence.

Except

Bamba 7

Murray & Dickoh 6

Grounds 4 - so many wrong options and poor crosses

Nish I actually feel really sorry for him, he looks totally bereft of confidence and looks like he would rather be anywhere else.

It must be horrible being abused by your own fans, particularly as he supoorts the team.

Its happened to him all over a relatively succesful career though, maybe its just his body language?

Baldy Foghorn
27-11-2010, 07:42 PM
10=good singing spreading through first half.:greengrin
-10=shocking booing of own teams player in second:bitchy:

Exactly.... Booing your own player...... That ain't supporting imo

dave62
27-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Brown 6 - Nothing really to do. Wish he'd come off his line more often.

Hart 6 - Played OK first half.
Grounds 5 - Poorest game from him that I've seen.
Bamba 7 - MOM. Plays better when he keeps it simple.
Dickoh 7 - Solid.

Rankin 5 - Anonymous.
Miller 6 - Wish he'd stay further forward where his passing can really hurt the opposition and leave the ball winning to others.
Galbraith 5 - Been disappointed in him as a starter. Looks better coming off the bench at the moment.
Murray 7 - Great shift. Hope he's not injured again.
De Graaf 7 - Good first half. Got dragged down into the general malaise in the second.

Nish 4 - I think I'll just leave it at that.

Wotherspoon - No great impact.
Stephens - Tried but no positional sense as a center forward understandably.
Stevenson - No time.

jackhfc
27-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Brown 6 - Comfartable from crosses, never really had a save to make, poor kicking 2nd half IMO
Grounds 5 - Fine defending, but from all the crosses he put in today, about 2 were good, also needs to take on players
Bamba 8 - Played well and looked composed, MOM IMO
Dickoh 6 - Didn't really do anything noticable, Bamba seems to play better when playing alongside him
Hart 6 - See the first point of Dickoh
Murray 6 - Done ok, put a few strong challenges in
Rankin 5 - Never put a tackle in, had a few good 1-2's in the first half though
De Graff 8 - His best game for hibs apart from the Maribor one at ER IMO
Galbraith 6 - Didn't really get much of the ball, but showed good pace and desire at times
Miller 7 - Played well, don't see how he's getting stick for his performance today
Nish 2 - Ohh dear, don't really see how booing him off was helping anybody, but as per, didn't play well

sleeping giant
27-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Brown-6

Hart-6
Dickoh-6
Bamba-6
Grounds-3

Rankin-4
de Graaf-5
Miller-6
Murray-6
Galbraith-4

Nish-3

SUBS

Wotherspoon-3
Stevenson-2
Stephens-5

Pretty much agree with that set of numbers.

I swear i was going to give Grounds a 2 when i was leaving the stadium though:greengrin

Sammy7nil
27-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Ratings.

I dont think they mean to do poorly, they are just so average and one paced its incredible.

I would give most 5's as I think they try hard enough but are short of quality and confidence.

Except

Bamba 7

Murray & Dickoh 6

Grounds 4 - so many wrong options and poor crosses

Nish I actually feel really sorry for him, he looks totally bereft of confidence and looks like he would rather be anywhere else.

It must be horrible being abused by your own fans, particularly as he supoorts the team.

Its happened to him all over a relatively succesful career though, maybe its just his body language?

were you at the game :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

BSEJVT
28-11-2010, 07:39 AM
were you at the game :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Think so

Or is it that I I have just woken up from a long nightmare?:greengrin

Albion Hibs
28-11-2010, 08:31 AM

Bamba
Miller
Deeks - ssshhh
Murray

That's it I'm afraid.

Dont think anyone would pay for any of them, otherwise we would have seen some evidence of them being willing to do so.

Judas Iscariot
28-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Brown - 5 - He's not the answer

Hart - 6 - Better 2nd half
Dickoh - 7 - Solid
Bamba - 8 - MOM, was a class above
Grounds - 3 - No better than Hanlon, at least PH can pass 5 yards

Galbraith - 6 - Only guy with pace, why not play him on the left side?!
De Graaf - 6 - Guys a footballer, lacking confidence just now
Murray - 8 - Legend, hard as nails, hope his legs last
Miller - 6 - Bags of ability but too much of a *****bag
Rankin - 2 - The WORST player I've seen in a Hibs shirt, how he didn't get subbed is beyond me!

Nish - 3 - Feel sorry for him, booing was ****ing pathetic!

Subs

Stephens - 5 - BIG laddie, won a few headers, quite good feet
Wotherspoon - 4 - Should start instead of Rankin
Stevenson - 2 - Doesnt offer anything, very poor, needs binned

Hibs90
28-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Brown 6 - Not much to do

Hart - 5 - Looked a bit slow
Grounds - 5 - Done everything right but final ball was terrible, the stick he got was undeserved
Dickoh 6 - Pretty Solid
Bamba 8 - Give this man a contract now!
Rankin - 3 - Crap, please get him out a Hibs jersey asap.
Galbraith - 4 - Can't moan about not getting his chance, he has and he's hardly done anything
Miller - 6 - Good going forward, seems to lose interest in the game after 60 mins
De Graaf 4 - Clearly not adapting to SPL style, be tempted to punt him.
Murray 6 - A bit slow but his commitement and determination shone through.
Nish 4 - Not his best game, but the sarcastic cheering and boo's were nothing short of disgraceful.

Wotherspoon 4 - Looks half the player he was from last year
Stephens 4 - Actually did alright
Stevenson 3 - Not good enough

I like Calderwood so far, knows what he's doing but I feel sorry for him having to work with that mince. Can't wait until he gets his own players in.

jonny
28-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Brown 6
Had little to do but was steady enough. Not his best day of kicking. Still our best goalie by miles IMO

Hart 6
Carried out his defensive duties quite well but offered very little going forward

Bamba 8
Very strong performance from the big man. Had Sam Parkin in his back pocket the whole game

Dickoh 7
Played well alongside Bamba, when these 2 play together the centre of defence looks much more secure. Does not allow himself to be bullied off the ball Chris Hogg style.

Grounds 6
Similar to Hart, ball winning and tackling was quite good but when going forward his distribution was poor.

Rankin 5
Ran about lots without actually getting involved in the game.

Murray 8
What a difference he has made in the midfield. His ball winning is fantastic and he plays such a determined game. I think he had a wee knock and CC took him off as a precaution.

Miller 5
Not one of his better days. Floated out of the game a lot and had it not been for Murray we wouldve been completely over run in the middle of midfield.

De Graaf 7
Assured performance. Still seems lacking in a yard of pace, perhaps he will never get any quicker. Cant really criticise his effort and he doesnt give the ball away much.

Galbraith 6
Could be turning into Rankin mark 2. Ran about all day without making any real contribution. Perhaps lacking a bit of confidence just now - didnt seem to want to run at their defence.

Nish 4
Won a few balls in the air but really had his work cut out against Duberry. Seems to fall over his own feet at times.
The booing and jeering when he was taken off was the only slight in an otherwise fantastic performance from the fans.

SUBS
Stephens N/A
Did really quite well. Had a decent wee run which eventually came to nothing. Looks strong and may actually make a decent centre forward in the future. CC surprised me by sticking him up top but I thought it turned out to be a good decision.

Wotherspoon N/A
Put himself about and looked like he offered something a bit more than we'd had. Decent short spell - hope he starts next game instead of Galbraith

Stevenson N/A
Did nothing of note and made no impact to the game.

Overall I thought we defended well and having been at the last 2 games against St J we competed much better. We did not allow them to shove us around and werent over run by their big physical players. On the flip side we offered little going forward and the teams cancelled each other out for long periods.

Dunbar Hibee
28-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Sorry but you were not at ER today and if you were then you must be realated to this pathetic excues for a football player.Cant tacle pass or beat a man pathetic wage thief.

"keep the faith":wink:

Emm.. yes I was. I thought Rankin had a good game today. No I am not related to him. Pathetic excuse for a football player go have a ****in word with yourself im sure you weren't saying that after the game at Ibrox???

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-11-2010, 05:18 PM
It's funny how people's views on the game differ. Personally thought Miller was decent today, the only player on the park who looked to get on the ball, lift his head and try to make passes. Is it his fault there was no movement around him? Yes he doesn't put his foot in where it hurts but that is what Murray (another good performance from the Hibs captain) is there to do IMHO.

Agree that Nish was absolutely god awful but will not revert to booing a Hibs player no matter how poor they have been.

CC substitutions - questionable at best. He had no options on an attacking front but to take off our two best players was baffling. Really feel for the guy as it appears he doesn't have the tools at his disposal to get a decent team on the park.:grr:

Murray taken off because he was Donald Ducked, he could hardly run. Great substitution.
Miller taken off because he wasn't picking anyone up and contributing nothing going forward. Miller can be creative but as a midfielder he has defensive duties as well, ie. picking up Morris. Morris beat him to everything!!

Albion Hibs
28-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Murray taken off because he was Donald Ducked, he could hardly run. Great substitution.
Miller taken off because he wasn't picking anyone up and contributing nothing going forward. Miller can be creative but as a midfielder he has defensive duties as well, ie. picking up Morris. Morris beat him to everything!!

I would disagree that Murray look done in, and I thought Miller was doing well, no suprise he came off shortly after Murray as he became less effective as he was having to start to defend more. So I would agree with the previous caller, two rather strange substitutions, and I have not met many other people who did not think the same thing!

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I am pretty sure Murray wouldn't be taken off for poor performance or change in tactics and the last few weeks CC has taken him off around 60-65 as he has run himself into the ground. It's a shame he isn't fir enough to go 85-90 mins!

Miller was very poor. He doesn't win headers, tackles or one on one battles. I realise he is a creative midfielder but every player has defensive duties and attacking duties. Miller contributed zero in defence and let himself be bullied. He can be very lazy and i think this is why is largely inconsistent.

Albion Hibs
28-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I am pretty sure Murray wouldn't be taken off for poor performance or change in tactics and the last few weeks CC has taken him off around 60-65 as he has run himself into the ground. It's a shame he isn't fir enough to go 85-90 mins!

Miller was very poor. He doesn't win headers, tackles or one on one battles. I realise he is a creative midfielder but every player has defensive duties and attacking duties. Miller contributed zero in defence and let himself be bullied. He can be very lazy and i think this is why is largely inconsistent.

I can see how Miller approaches a tackle differently in the centre of the park to say Murray. Murray will go in to clear out the man take the ball and stop them attacking, that his nature / instinct. Whilst Miller still goes into win the ball he generally does it with a view that he can turn and attack, turn a defensive situation very quickly into an attacking situation. If it comes off we all say he is a great player, but are pretty quick to crit him on the reverse, just the way he plays. Still don’t think he was poor, lost count of the times he found himself looking for a pass.

Having been at the rangers game murray was taken off as he had a yellow and the ref was gagging on sending him off, sensible sub to make. Against Motherwell he DID play the full 90mins and was probably our best player, in Inverness he was taken off for a tactical change, and I would think yesterday was probably more of the same given that he was playing the role of defensive midfield. So dont agree he is not able to do the shift. Albeit not to sure how many of the current 11 could do 90 on the back of putting the same amount into a game!

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-11-2010, 06:42 PM
I can see how Miller approaches a tackle differently in the centre of the park to say Murray. Murray will go in to clear out the man take the ball and stop them attacking, that his nature / instinct. Whilst Miller still goes into win the ball he generally does it with a view that he can turn and attack, turn a defensive situation very quickly into an attacking situation. If it comes off we all say he is a great player, but are pretty quick to crit him on the reverse, just the way he plays. Still don’t think he was poor, lost count of the times he found himself looking for a pass.

Having been at the rangers game murray was taken off as he had a yellow and the ref was gagging on sending him off, sensible sub to make. Against Motherwell he DID play the full 90mins and was probably our best player, in Inverness he was taken off for a tactical change, and I would think yesterday was probably more of the same given that he was playing the role of defensive midfield. So dont agree he is not able to do the shift. Albeit not to sure how many of the current 11 could do 90 on the back of putting the same amount into a game!

Ok well CC must have his reasons for withdrawing Murray but i don't think he is daft and must have had a reason. Neither of us will know!

Miller on the other hand, irrespective of the way you approach a tackle he has a job. Yes, Murray is swash buckling in his tackling and miller's style is more discrete. However, he didn't close down yesterday and wandered about the pitch on occasions. He HAS to WORK harder, not change his style!!! Murray was defending AND bursting a gut to get forward. So as a defensive midfielder he was doing 2 players jobs!!

Albion Hibs
28-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Ok well CC must have his reasons for withdrawing Murray but i don't think he is daft and must have had a reason. Neither of us will know!

Miller on the other hand, irrespective of the way you approach a tackle he has a job. Yes, Murray is swash buckling in his tackling and miller's style is more discrete. However, he didn't close down yesterday and wandered about the pitch on occasions. He HAS to WORK harder, not change his style!!! Murray was defending AND bursting a gut to get forward. So as a defensive midfielder he was doing 2 players jobs!!

I think he usually does!! Will go with a tactical change to keep it PC!

RickyS
28-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I think he usually does!! Will go with a tactical change to keep it PC!

speaking as a person with arthritis in my knee, the cold really done me in. could it be to do with Murrays "reactive arthritis"

bigwheel
28-11-2010, 07:26 PM

Don't agree about Miller. Thought he was one of our best performers. He was available all the time. Always looking to get on the ball and rarely lost it. Didn't get ball forward much but the movement in front and around him was appalling. He's not one just to move it forward if there is no option.

Grounds had a bad day at the office . His pass completion stats must be a season low! Dint worry man, you're a decent player , dust yourself down and get to it! :-)