PDA

View Full Version : Ref strike denying your fix of live sport? Then come to Sunday night Hockey!

The_Todd
26-11-2010, 07:23 PM
This Sunday night, your Edinburgh Capitals face up to new local rivals the Braehead Clan. Face off is at 6pm, Murrayfield Ice Rink.

Come and experience the fastest team sport in the world with collisions and tackles that makes football look like a girls game - and the occasional fight!

BigKev
28-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I've been a couple of times to Murrayfield but often forget it's on. I'm pretty sure more folk would turn up if they knew exactly when the games would be played as they change every week.

The Capitals don't do themselves any favours by not advertising their games either. When I've mentioned in the past to friends where I've been most folk don't even know there's still a professional outfit here.

The_Todd
29-11-2010, 04:48 PM
I've been a couple of times to Murrayfield but often forget it's on. I'm pretty sure more folk would turn up if they knew exactly when the games would be played as they change every week.

The Capitals don't do themselves any favours by not advertising their games either. When I've mentioned in the past to friends where I've been most folk don't even know there's still a professional outfit here.

You make good points, but Sunday 6pm is almost always a home game. Sometimes I just turn up at Murrayfield at 6pm having not even checked the fixture list knowing there will be game on.

If I was the Caps I'd definitely use it as a marketing strategy - Every Sunday, 6pm. So easy to remember it's not real!

Anyone who's interested, the Caps beat the Clan 8-3.

BigKev
29-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Good to know.

When I was young the Racers as they were then gave away free tickets to schools and sponsors. We nearly always managed to get a set and the crowds seemed far bigger than they are now.

I'll try and pop over next week.

The_Todd
30-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Just so you know, home fixtures coming up are:

Saturday 4th v Belfast
Sunday 5th v Belfast
Saturday 11th v Nottingham
Sunday 12th v Nottingham
Sunday 19th v Dundee

The next two weeks are unusual in that both our weekend games are at home.