PDA

View Full Version : Laughing stock

djs69
26-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Ridiculous splitting of league, possibilities of playing teams 3 times away and once at home, the drinking session with the National team, the one fingered salute from"Bazza", two teams fighting it out for the league each year, Pope jokes being sent by SFA reps now in public knowledge, referee strikes......is Scottish football now the ultimate laughing stock of European football?? Total shambles !!

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Ridiculous splitting of league, possibilities of playing teams 3 times away and once at home, the drinking session with the National team, the one fingered salute from"Bazza", two teams fighting it out for the league each year, Pope jokes being sent by SFA reps now in public knowledge, referee strikes......is Scottish football now the ultimate laughing stock of European football?? Total shambles !!

Be very hard to argue that we are anything other than a joke nation. One that goes around complaining about every injustice, whether real or perceived but won't get off its backside and do something about it.

I blame the English. (Will this do?)

MrSmith
26-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes it is! The GFA and associated Largs Mafia have brought our game into disrepute and to a new low...

This cannot just simply wash away. Too much has happened enabling the rest of Scottish Football to demand change. The goldfish bowl is well and truly broken, the fish is on the floor dying - kill it quickly!

marinello59
26-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Be very hard to argue that we are anything other than a joke nation. One that goes around complaining about every injustice, whether real or perceived but won't get off its backside and do something about it.

I blame the English. (Will this do?)

No.
You should blame the ******* English. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2010, 05:21 PM
No.

Of course.:agree:

Bostonhibby
27-11-2010, 07:19 AM
No.

:agree:That'll do, funny thing is one or two of the more balanced ones down here genuinely fail to understand how we got into such a position, when I give them my explanation (which is pretty much the same as every one else on heres) they are still as confused, but it makes it easier to understand why its simpler for us to polarise on blaming them. FFS they started it after all.

Beefster
27-11-2010, 10:34 AM

We're a minor league in Europe, no doubt about that. It's not down to the splitting of leagues, playing teams away 3 times a season or anything else though. These things are all consequences of the decline in our football and attempts to improve it.

It's down to the pathetic standard of football at the top level and, like it or not, Hibs, the fans and the authorities are partly responsible for that.

I'm a bit fed up listening to everyone moan about the standard of football. Until more folk get off their arse and support their local club (and I include at least half of the Celtic/Rangers support in that) then nothing will change.

Antifa Hibs
27-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Scottish fitba is a *** farce.

Was down at the bookies and the lad who works there is English, jokingly asking if the Scottish fitba circus is going ahead.

Needs a major shake-up from top to bottom. People wonder why the fans are going aswell...

Woody1985
27-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I like the split it keeps things interesting. It might be stupid but I like it. I'd prefer more teams without a split but that's not gonna happen.