PDA

View Full Version : I found a Hibs fans phone

Jack
25-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Well my wife did! Day before yesterday.

It’s a Nokia somethingorother and the reason I know it’s a Hibby is that Hibs main number is in the phonebook.

It was found in Sleigh Drive.

The phonebook starts

Aff Flooring
Afie
Alan

You can either give me a ring on it, but not tonight - Thursday, or PM me with something to identify the phone. We can then arrange to get it back to you.

Would have posted earlier but I had to charge it then forgot about it!!

Admin I’m putting it on the MB to give it a bit extra publicity, if its claimed I’ll delete it or you guys can move it.

Phil MaGlass
25-11-2010, 05:38 PM
how about phoning Alfie and he will be able to tell you whos phone it is when it comes up on his screen?

NOLA
25-11-2010, 05:43 PM
how about phoning Alfie and he will be able to tell you whos phone it is when it comes up on his screen?
:agree:

HibbyAndy
25-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Id personally call Alan, Just IMO tho.

Jack
25-11-2010, 05:46 PM

What if Alfie, or anyone else on the phonebook I chose, is an ex or worse? :cool2:

oconnors_strip
25-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Is there no a mum or home stored in the phone book? I would try phoning a contact on it

PaulSmith
25-11-2010, 06:06 PM

It’s a Nokia somethingorother and the reason I know it’s a Hibby is that Hibs main number is in the phonebook.

The phonebook starts

Aff Flooring
Afie
Alan

You can either give me a ring on it, but not tonight - Thursday, or PM me with something to identify the phone. We can then arrange to get it back to you.

Admin I’m putting it on the MB to give it a bit extra publicity, if its claimed I’ll delete it or you guys can move it.

You checked the photo's on it yet.. :greengrin

frazeHFC
25-11-2010, 06:10 PM

I never actually thought of this, good shout :rolleyes:

Jack
25-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Is there no a mum or home stored in the phone book? I would try phoning a contact on it

There's Mum :thumbsup:

Didn't look that far, I'll try phoning it tomorrow.

Riordans Boots
25-11-2010, 06:23 PM

Jack, that might be too late. If it's a contract phone the person who has lost it has probably reported it as lost to the network and it may be cancelled. So you might not be able to phone - just a thought :dunno:

DAVE1875
25-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Jack, that might be too late. If it's a contract phone the person who has lost it has probably reported it as lost to the network and it may be cancelled. So you might not be able to phone - just a thought :dunno:

It's always worth a try. The person who the phone belongs to could be cring his/her eyes out at the moment.

FranckSuzy
25-11-2010, 06:28 PM

The phonebook starts

Aff Flooring
Afie
Alan

Maybe a long shot but I'm surprised the owner hasn't tried phoning it themselves :confused: Have you checked under missed calls to see if there's been any from a landline since you've had it?

greenlex
25-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Would you believe it. Some bam has just phoned me and asked if my son or daughter is missing their phone.

StevieC
25-11-2010, 06:50 PM
I found a phone at a Newcastle game once and phoned the "mum" contact.

After initially saying that he was wearing his Newcastle top :faf: she then went on to give a reasonable description and I was able to hand it back to the owner who was sitting a few seats along in the row behind me.

.Sean.
25-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Have a look through the photaes and report back :greengrin

snooky
25-11-2010, 06:59 PM
One of my mates lost a mobile at the weekend in the Ormelie Bar area or on the bus home (eastwards). Don't think he knows an Alfie or Alan but he does have a Mum :hmmm:.

Re the other lost phone. Does it have an "IOC" (In Case Of Emegency) number in it's phone book? If it has, try that.

easty
25-11-2010, 08:04 PM
One of my mates lost a mobile at the weekend in the Ormelie Bar area or on the bus home (eastwards). Don't think he knows an Alfie or Alan but he does have a Mum :hmmm:.

Re the other lost phone. Does it have an "IOC" (In Case Of Emegency) number in it's phone book? If it has, try that.

Does anyone have an "IOC" number? I've never heard that in my life...

proud_and_green
25-11-2010, 08:11 PM

Surely it should be ICOE!!!?

That said i've never heard of that before either!!!

C I Hibee
25-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I have ICE on mine for 'In case of Emergency' :agree:

FranckSuzy
25-11-2010, 08:30 PM

:agree: Yup, me too. Recommended by the emergency services, funnily enough, in case of (an) emergency :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
25-11-2010, 08:31 PM

Nobody broken your screen yet?

iwasthere1972
25-11-2010, 08:51 PM

Just send a text with the message "Hi Mum I'm gay". :greengrin

greenlex
26-11-2010, 02:32 AM
Pity it wasn't an I-phone. You could have saved a whole lotta bother and just chucked it away as they are crap.:)

RMG_82
26-11-2010, 05:07 AM
take a photo of your removed and send it to every girl in the phonebook. its the right thing to do

Removed
26-11-2010, 06:51 AM
Pity it wasn't an I-phone. You could have saved a whole lotta bother and just chucked it away as they are crap.:)

:greengrin

greenlex
26-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Thought you would like that Billy.:)

ForeverHibs93
26-11-2010, 06:55 AM
take a photo of your removed and send it to every girl in the phonebook. its the right thing to do
Craig Thomson is that you:cool2:

SouthMoroccoStu
26-11-2010, 08:18 AM
And if you had found a phone that belonged to a hearts fan.......:wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
26-11-2010, 08:18 AM

Hibee Daz
26-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Well aren't you cool as ****!:wink:

Hibee Daz
26-11-2010, 10:53 AM

Cruel bassa, funny as though!:devil:

Phil MaGlass
26-11-2010, 11:45 AM
SO.. has he got his mobile back?

Ernie Cobra
26-11-2010, 01:20 PM
i cannot believe i have read every post on this thread with such enthusiasm................this is without doubt the best thing i have read in years..............YEARS I SAY

I cannot wait to find out how this ends

IWasThere2016
26-11-2010, 01:31 PM

Or call and pretend it is unintended so she hears some dodgy noises - perhaps some heavy panting, groans, screams of delight etc coupled with some sheep/donkey noises! :greengrin

edit - apologies I've taken that too far :blushie:

1two
26-11-2010, 02:23 PM

Of your what?

timebomb
26-11-2010, 02:23 PM
I can't believe the wifes lover left his phone at the house and that Jack has bought this story that she 'found' the phone in the street.

basehibby
26-11-2010, 02:41 PM

I think Seb Coe has an IOC number in his phone which he uses for sending texts detailing where to pick up the brown paper envelopes stuffed with used fivers.

Jack
26-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Maybe a long shot but I'm surprised the owner hasn't tried phoning it themselves :confused: Have you checked under missed calls to see if there's been any from a landline since you've had it?

There's 2 missed calls but I cant see what they were - weird phone!

Would you believe it. Some bam has just phoned me and asked if my son or daughter is missing their phone.

Wizzny me :greengrin

Have a look through the photaes and report back :greengrin

3 photos, dont recognise anyone - not from that angel anyway.

Its not sending texts, or making calls.

I have removed my offensive bit too!

And if you had found a phone that belonged to a hearts fan.......:wink:

Yeah, that crossed my mind, what would I have done? I’m banned from JKB so we’d just have to have fun from here.

SO.. has he got his mobile back?

Nope!

I can't believe the wifes lover left his phone at the house and that Jack has bought this story that she 'found' the phone in the street.

:taxi

Right I sent a text before I left for work, when I got home the text had not left the phone. Canny text canny call.

I used my own phone to text Mum but neither Mum nor anyone else has got back to me.

About ICE numbers. I have contact with folk close to the ambulance service. When I asked them about ICE while not being dismissive they said that if they were tending to someone who was unable to converse with them they’d be too f’g busy trying to save their lives to rummage about their person or handbag to look for a phone they might not have and then trawl through a phone book on a mobile for a number that isn’t likely to be there!

Brads Laing
26-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Craig Thomson is that you:cool2:
:top marks

oconnors_strip
26-11-2010, 03:41 PM
About ICE numbers. I have contact with folk close to the ambulance service. When I asked them about ICE while not being dismissive they said that if they were tending to someone who was unable to converse with them they’d be too f’g busy trying to save their lives to rummage about their person or handbag to look for a phone they might not have and then trawl through a phone book on a mobile for a number that isn’t likely to be there!

think most people, and ive done this a couple of times, would do is phone mum/dad/home/house/wife/husband on the persons phone. common sense no?:confused::wink:

FranckSuzy
26-11-2010, 09:37 PM
[About ICE numbers. I have contact with folk close to the ambulance service. When I asked them about ICE while not being dismissive they said that if they were tending to someone who was unable to converse with them they’d be too f’g busy trying to save their lives to rummage about their person or handbag to look for a phone they might not have and then trawl through a phone book on a mobile for a number that isn’t likely to be there![/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd hope that would be the case if you were the only one on the scene, but usually it would be the police's job to contact the NOK in an emergency :agree: We had a guy admitted to the hospital today and he couldn't remember his NOK's details :bitchy: so they'll have no idea where he is.

Pete
26-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Whatever you do Jack, Don't hand it into the police station if nobody comes forward to claim it...just keep the thing if it's any use.

I found a lovely spanking new blackberry in the back of my taxi. The sim had been cancelled but the phone was still active and passed security for some reason. I think the passenger and phone were foreign so maybe they couldn't block it for some reason.
I started to feel a little guilty so after a week I done the right thing and handed it in to a police station (of course thinking I would get it back after a while). The copper behind the counter looked at it and said it was basically a brick(which I knew it wasn't) but I can have it if nobody claims it after a few months.

I looked at the back of the reciept I was given and it clearly said that they do not return mobile phones to the finder. I bet there's some copper in corstorphine who has just had a wee look at that phone, realised that it's OK and is swanning about with a new blackberry...probably that lying twat who took it off me.

I hope the hibee gets his phone back but I hope you now know what NOT to do!:bitchy:

Speedy
26-11-2010, 10:58 PM
think most people, and ive done this a couple of times, would do is phone mum/dad/home/house/wife/husband on the persons phone. common sense no?:confused::wink:

"Wife" or "Husband" :faf:

My Dad is a taxi driver and he's told me that when he finds phones people don't even try phoning the phone half the time. Is it just me or would that be the first thing you'd do? He normally phones either "Mum" or "Dad" and gets them to pass on the message.

hibee_nation
27-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Here comes one of these pashed replies at 2.30am in the morning that you should not bother with. In all honesty it looks to me like you want to keep the phone, eg my wife fouind it the day before you even post it on here for some obscure reason that the guy is a hibbie. FFS if you find a phone call some numbers on it right away to let it be known that the phone is safe instead of all the amateur dramatics what will i do with it. Poor show. :boo hoo:

moggie
27-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Here comes one of these pashed replies at 2.30am in the morning that you should not bother with. In all honesty it looks to me like you want to keep the phone, eg my wife fouind it the day before you even post it on here for some obscure reason that the guy is a hibbie. FFS if you find a phone call some numbers on it right away to let it be known that the phone is safe instead of all the amateur dramatics what will i do with it. Poor show. :boo hoo:

My thoughts exactly. Is it really so hard to pick out a few numbers and dial them explaining the situ. :bitchy:

in-me-pocket
27-11-2010, 09:46 AM
My thoughts exactly. Is it really so hard to pick out a few numbers and dial them explaining the situ. :bitchy:

On another story, I once found someone's phone in a river. The funny thing was that it came out ringing.

Danderhall Hibs
27-11-2010, 09:49 AM
My in case of emergency number is 999. It's not in my phone though I just hope that whoever finds me knows that number.

StevieC
27-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Right I sent a text before I left for work, when I got home the text had not left the phone. Canny text canny call.

I used my own phone to text Mum but neither Mum nor anyone else has got back to me

Not being funny but you've had the phone 4 days and you've still not called one of the numbers on the phone.

Like I said in an earlier post, I found a phone, dialled "mum" straight away, got a description of the owner and once I'd confirmed who it was passed it on to him. It was that quick he hadn't even realised he'd lost it.

Would you reply to a text from a number you didn't recognise? And that's assuming his mother isn't of an age that would put her into the technophobe bracket (mine would not even know how to view a text on hers).

Future17
27-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Nobody broken your screen yet?

:top marks:greengrin

essexhibee
28-11-2010, 05:24 PM
This all seems a bit suspicious....
Most likely whoever owned this phone has blocked it by now so its useless anyway.