PDA

View Full Version : Who should we play in goals?

R'Albin
25-11-2010, 11:23 AM
I personally would go with stack because i beleive Brown is making quite a few costly mistakes (not massive ones) like the united game, Sheep game he looked dodgy Inverness he should have saved the first, was poor for the cross before the pen, ans was poorly positioned for the 3rd and 4th.

Stacky may not be great from crosses but produces some match winning saves and is fairly solid (bar the yams game)although he is injured too much for my liking(not his fault)

Smith he is a good backup and i think he gets more stick than deserved on here and despite having a shocker vs motherwell and 1 or 2 other mistakes, he same as stack produces some incredible saves and people forget that before Yogi stupidly dropped him he was brilliant.:agree: others thoughts?

brydekirk
25-11-2010, 12:33 PM
I personally would go with stack because i beleive Brown is making quite a few costly mistakes (not massive ones) like the united game, Sheep game he looked dodgy Inverness he should have saved the first, was poor for the cross before the pen, ans was poorly positioned for the 3rd and 4th.

Stacky may not be great from crosses but produces some match winning saves and is fairly solid (bar the yams game)although he is injured too much for my liking(not his fault)

Smith he is a good backup and i think he gets more stick than deserved on here and despite having a shocker vs motherwell and 1 or 2 other mistakes, he same as stack produces some incredible saves and people forget that before Yogi stupidly dropped him he was brilliant.:agree: others thoughts?
after the 1st back injury, the man admited carrying the injury over the past 6 years. Hibs have to take some blame for this, but IMO he is a wage thief.

Frazerbob
25-11-2010, 12:48 PM

No mention of Brown's performance at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago?

Tha Cabbage Kid
25-11-2010, 12:57 PM

petr cech

M11BMO
25-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Looks like there is going to be a clear winner.

Diclonius
25-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Brown is the best keeper we've had in years.

cam75
25-11-2010, 02:01 PM
I would try Bamba atleast he would stay at the back rather than his forward runs leaving us short at the back!

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Brown is the best keeper we've had in years.

This sums it up for me. As the poll shows, there really is no discussion. Like all keepers, Brown makes the odd mistake, but overall his game is solid and more confidence-inspiring that anything we've seen at ER in a long time. Tbh I don't think he's that far behind Gordon or McGregor at the moment and continued development could easily see him at that level.(not that I'd wish a Scotland goalies shirt on anyone.)

Golden Bear
25-11-2010, 02:23 PM
There's only one answer so I don't know why I even bothered to vote for Brown.

Pretty Boy
25-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Brown for me with Stack as back up.

After his performances against Hertz, Motherwell, Maribor and a few other games Smith wouldn't be near a Hibs team again as far as i'm concerned.

Flynn and Antell i've never seen play so can't comment.

R'Albin
25-11-2010, 03:15 PM
No mention of Brown's performance at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago?

Sorry mate wasnt at the game (at training) and typical BBC showed about 2 decent saves.:grr:

Tin hat on here but I think people on here overate Brown. I just think he is very slow at getting down to shots.

If stack can keep fit he is our best keeper IMO, also surprisred there is 5 votes for smith.

easty
25-11-2010, 03:17 PM
This sums it up for me. As the poll shows, there really is no discussion. Like all keepers, Brown makes the odd mistake, but overall his game is solid and more confidence-inspiring that anything we've seen at ER in a long time. Tbh I don't think he's that far behind Gordon or McGregor at the moment and continued development could easily see him at that level.(not that I'd wish a Scotland goalies shirt on anyone.)

Miles behind Gordon. Craig Gordon really is a top quality keeper, if Brown (who I voted for in this poll) was even close to that standard we'd struggle to keep him.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Anyone but smith please.

Dunbar Hibee
25-11-2010, 03:18 PM
What a daft poll. Brown by a country mile... he's made 1 'mistake' and that was at Tannadice. Apart from that he has been quality.

Keith_M
25-11-2010, 03:20 PM
... also surprisred there is 5 votes for smith.

One of them was me, but only because I ticked the wrong radio button. I meant to put Brown, not Smith.

:boo hoo:

Beefster
25-11-2010, 03:25 PM
So is Stack the latest Hibs player to become brilliant while he's been injured/out of the team cos he was no better than average when he was last in the team?

R'Albin
25-11-2010, 03:27 PM
What a daft poll. Brown by a country mile... he's made 1 'mistake' and that was at Tannadice. Apart from that he has been quality.

There isnt a great difference between him and stack IMO. Stack organises the defence better although hes static for crosses he can make up with some brilliant saves, his only mistake was at tynie. I just dont see why everyone is making brown out to be so great, he looks slow to me at times. and im sorry but the 1st vs inverness was poor goalkeeping.

Golden Bear
25-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Stack is so injury prone I've almost forgot about him and I doubt if he'll be at ER next season.

If I remember correctly he managed to get himself injured not long after he first signed and it's been an endless catalogue of injuries ever since.

R'Albin
25-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Stack is so injury prone I've almost forgot about him and I doubt if he'll be at ER next season.

If I remember correctly he managed to get himself injured not long after he first signed and it's been an endless catalogue of injuries ever since.

If i was CC id give stack one more chance and if he gets bloody injured again go for Brown. Shame because IMHO he is the better keeper. BTW regretting making this a poll cause im getting owned:greengrin

Hibee Daz
25-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Brown hands down.

Dunbar Hibee
25-11-2010, 03:58 PM
There isnt a great difference between him and stack IMO. Stack organises the defence better although hes static for crosses he can make up with some brilliant saves, his only mistake was at tynie. I just dont see why everyone is making brown out to be so great, he looks slow to me at times. and im sorry but the 1st vs inverness was poor goalkeeping.

How?:confused: It was tucked in right into the corner, and im pretty sure he saw it late.. More the defenders fault than Brown's!

Speedy
25-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Brown hands down.

I don't see how that's going to help

Keith_M
25-11-2010, 03:59 PM
So is Stack the latest Hibs player to become brilliant while he's been injured/out of the team cos he was no better than average when he was last in the team?

:confused:

With 5 votes? Doesn't look like it.

Hibee Daz
25-11-2010, 04:00 PM
If i was CC id give stack one more chance and if he gets bloody injured again go for Brown. Shame because IMHO he is the better keeper. BTW regretting making this a poll cause im getting owned:greengrin

What makes you think Stack is so good?

Stack stays glued to his line completely bottling it to come for crosses and when does go for one he usually flaps at it, his decision making is poor at best IMHO.

Dunbar Hibee
25-11-2010, 04:00 PM
What makes you think Stack is so good?

Stack stays glued to his line completely bottling it to come for crosses and when does go for one he usually flaps at it, his decision making is poor at best IMHO.

He also gets chipped FAR too easily.

Hibee Daz
25-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't see how that's going to help

Well that would depend on whether a shot is in the air or on the deck.:wink:

Hibee Daz
25-11-2010, 04:05 PM
He also gets chipped FAR too easily.

:agree:

Scouse Hibee
25-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Errrrrrrrrrr................... naw forget it............stupid question anyway. :greengrin

R'Albin
25-11-2010, 04:28 PM

No thats not why! i knew most people would disagree with me but i just prefer him to Brown, apparently everyone else disagrees, maybe its just time for me to be quiet:wink:

hibee4life1983
25-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Brown cant save to his bottom right, ive noticed this with the past few games, id go with stack.

R'Albin
25-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Brown cant save to his bottom right, ive noticed this with the past few games, id go with stack.

Thank god someone agrees!:thumbsup:

turn and burn
25-11-2010, 04:44 PM
has to be Brown, coupled with his ability, its time we got some consistency in defence. simple.

marinello59
25-11-2010, 04:48 PM

No it wasn't. Poor defending and a nice finish.
For the first time in ages I actually feel pretty relaxed whenever the ball comes near our keeper. Brown will do for me.

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2010, 04:53 PM
For the first time in ages I actually feel pretty relaxed whenever the ball comes near our keeper. Brown will do for me.

:agree::agree:

I actually like and rate Stacky, but far too injury prone, never great when a keeper has back problems......

Dunbar Hibee
25-11-2010, 04:54 PM

:top marks Agree totally.

Mikey
25-11-2010, 05:04 PM
I just dont see why everyone is making brown out to be so great, he looks slow to me at times. and im sorry but the 1st vs inverness was poor goalkeeping.

Don't give up. With any luck you'll be able to persuade some people that the guy's rubbish and they'll turn against him. Maybe he'll get booed when his name is read out just like Nish.

Keep up the good work.

Diclonius
25-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Don't give up. With any luck you'll be able to persuade some people that the guy's rubbish and they'll turn against him. Maybe he'll get booed when his name is read out just like Nish.

Keep up the good work.

:top marks

I've never seen why some people are absolutely headset on pursuing a personal vendetta against some of our players.

R'Albin
25-11-2010, 05:19 PM
:top marks

I've never seen why some people are absolutely headset on pursuing a personal vendetta against some of our players.

As i said i thinks its time for me to shut it because as i say im not saying hes bad, infact i think he is a good keeper but just think stack is better that is all. And i will join in on all the Broonie chants.... :agree:

jackhfc
25-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Brown without a doubt, he's a solid keeper and can actually kick a ball past the half way line when under pressure, i'd have stacky as second choice and smith for extra backup, can't comment on the otehr two as i've never seen them play. Maybe one of them will start against Ayr Utd depending how confident we are before the game?:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-11-2010, 06:20 PM
While none of our keepers are what you would call top drawer, Brown does most of the basic things better on a more consistent basis. I would have said that was fairly obvious. Also, with Brown, you don't need to factor in any parts of his game when you pick the back four.

burghhibs
25-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Anyone but smith please.
ditto!

Pretty Boy
26-11-2010, 09:28 AM

A more common problem than you would think amongst goalkeepers who are right footed and something most keepers have to work on.

The reason is simple: diving to the left involves pushing off using the right foot which if you are right footed feels the natural thing to do, all your bodies instincts are pushing you to go that way. Diving to the right involves the opposite and it feels very unnatural to be using the left foot as the 'dominant' foot so to speak. The reverse is obviously true for left footed keepers.

sundo1875
27-11-2010, 10:53 AM
i went off stack after that game at tynecastle

Littlest Hobo
27-11-2010, 01:20 PM

Naw but he is good pals with Ivan Sproule:devil::offski: