PDA

View Full Version : Summer music festivals

CB_NO3
24-11-2010, 10:02 PM
The Chemical Brothers confirmed for Rockness as Saturday headliner. Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes and Primal Scream confirmed for Benicassim. If anyone fancies a festival abroad then I really advise Benicassim. Its 10 times better than T.

CB_NO3
25-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Kasabian also confirmed for Rockness.

.Sean.
25-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Rockness for me this summer. Had a ticket for this years, college messed up my days so I couldn't attend! Certainly be heading up this year.

seanraff07
25-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Kasabian also confirmed for Rockness.

Just noticed, bit gutted i don't have a ticket!

.Sean.
25-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Just noticed, bit gutted i don't have a ticket!
Ticket's aren't on sale I don't think. Rockness hasn't sold out yet, i'd imagine you'll have months to secure a ticket.

seanraff07
25-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Ticket's aren't on sale I don't think. Rockness hasn't sold out yet, i'd imagine you'll have months to secure a ticket.

I'm sure i read somewhere that it was sold out!

Will look into it more though just incase.:agree:

CB_NO3
25-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm sure i read somewhere that it was sold out!

Will look into it more though just incase.:agree:
Tickets are not on sale yet. A few early birds are sold thats it.

Pretty Boy
26-11-2010, 08:21 AM
A few mates and myself are heading to Coachella this year for something a bit different as we have done T, Leeds/Reading, Glasto, Download, Rock Ness and a few other smaller British festivals as well.

Not many bands confirmed yet but big rumours it will be Radiohead, Arcade Fire and either Snoop Dogg or Daft Punk headlining.

Looking forward to it as it will be only my 2nd festival abroad after Lowlands a couple of years back.

easty
26-11-2010, 08:52 AM
A few mates and myself are heading to Coachella this year for something a bit different as we have done T, Leeds/Reading, Glasto, Download, Rock Ness and a few other smaller British festivals as well.

Not many bands confirmed yet but big rumours it will be Radiohead, Arcade Fire and either Snoop Dogg or Daft Punk headlining.

Looking forward to it as it will be only my 2nd festival abroad after Lowlands a couple of years back.

Is that costing a fortune? I've thought about doing that as well but thought it would end up costing me too much..

Pretty Boy
26-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Is that costing a fortune? I've thought about doing that as well but thought it would end up costing me too much..

It's not cheap but we have been planning it for a couple of years so have had plenty time to get the money together. We are making a couple of weeks of it, going to the festival then heading to Las vegas for a couple of days then to San Franscisco for a week before a few days in LA then flying home. Working out at about £1100 per person but that was booking flights etc way way in advance, would probably be dearer trying to get it sorted now.

easty
26-11-2010, 09:33 AM
It's not cheap but we have been planning it for a couple of years so have had plenty time to get the money together. We are making a couple of weeks of it, going to the festival then heading to Las vegas for a couple of days then to San Franscisco for a week before a few days in LA then flying home. Working out at about £1100 per person but that was booking flights etc way way in advance, would probably be dearer trying to get it sorted now.

That sounds amazing..:top marks

Something I might do in the future I think.

Sick Boy
27-11-2010, 04:03 AM
Not a festival as such but I'm going to Big Day Out this year while I'm 'Down Under'. Bit of a mixed bag really. Tool, Rammstein and Iggy and The Stooges headlining with Wolfmother, Deftones, The Black Keys, Primal Scream, LCD Soundsystem, Plan B, Airbourne and The Vines playing further down the bill. Should be good.:thumbsup:

deeks01
28-11-2010, 02:04 PM
paolo nutini headlining rockness on the sunday , getting my ticket from my dad for xmas , that and ibiza this summer its safe to say its gonna be a good un! :greengrin: