Anyone seen this happen before? :faf:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9214099.stm

Removed
22-11-2010, 09:56 PM
No. Was that the correct decision according to the rules anyone :confused:

If so, the world has gone bonkers

Hiber-nation
22-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I hate the huns as much as anyone but it was hardly a "bizarre error of judgement".

Part/Time Supporter
22-11-2010, 10:00 PM
No. Was that the correct decision according to the rules anyone :confused:

If so, the world has gone bonkers

Yes. Whole ball didn't go out of play when it hit the linesman. Miller then kicked the ball out of play => throw in to Killie. Its the same thing as if the ball hits the (main) ref anywhere in the pitch, you just get on with it.

DeLaGaff
22-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm sure John Reid will write to the SFA to seek clarification on this injustice!

Part/Time Supporter
22-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I hate the huns as much as anyone but it was hardly a "bizarre error of judgement".

I don't agree.

It was definitely bizarre, and there was an error of judegement by Miller. He should have just played on with the ball in the outside right channel.

Removed
22-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Yes. Whole ball didn't go out of play when it hit the linesman. Miller then kicked the ball out of play => throw in to Killie. Its the same thing as if the ball hits the (main) ref anywhere in the pitch, you just get on with it.

That's fair enough in the middle of the park but the ball was going out from a deliberate hoof. That's a crazy rule.

Part/Time Supporter
22-11-2010, 10:05 PM
I LOVE this kind of stuff .. But I can't see it on this .......ng phone ..What happened?:greengrin

Ball into the Killie left back area chased by Killie defender and Kenny Miller.

Killie defender clears the ball to the left, attempting to kick it off the park for a throw to Rangers.

Ball hits the linesman and bounces back onto the park near the corner flag.

Kenny Miller then kicks the ball off the pitch and expects to take a throw in.

Linesman gives a throw to Killie because the ball didn't go out of play until Miller kicked it off the pitch.

Part/Time Supporter
22-11-2010, 10:07 PM
That's fair enough in the middle of the park but the ball was going out from a deliberate hoof. That's a crazy rule.

It's not crazy, its a standard rule. The referees are not a "foreign object" (cf the Sunderland v Liverpool goal last season), they are part of the game. If the ball ricochets off one of them its fair game.

H18sry
22-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Was he not taught to play the whistle as a nipper?

Removed
22-11-2010, 10:11 PM
It's not crazy, its a standard rule. The referees are not a "foreign object" (cf the Sunderland v Liverpool goal last season), they are part of the game. If the ball ricochets off one of them its fair game.

I stand corrected, ta, but I bet the majority of folk would go radge if it was us. Just shows some of us don't know the rules after all :wink:

snooky
22-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Ball into the Killie left back area chased by Killie defender and Kenny Miller.

Killie defender clears the ball to the left, attempting to kick it off the park for a throw to Rangers.

Ball hits the linesman and bounces back onto the park near the corner flag.

Kenny Miller then kicks the ball off the pitch and expects to take a throw in.

Linesman gives a throw to Killie because the ball didn't go out of play until Miller kicked it off the pitch.

The linesman should have at least been cautioned if not shown a red card.
Yet another disgraceful decision against OF.
I'm still ragin' :grr::grr::grr:

---------------------------------------------------
Quote: The referees are not a "foreign object"
Supposing the linesman was Pierluigi Collina? :dunno:

PaulSmith
22-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Can you imagine if either of the following had happened, Miller runs on to score with the Killie defenders awaiting Rangers to take a throw in or if the Killie player had picked the ball up in the penalty area and threw the ball back to the line thus resulting in a penalty!

Lack of understanding again of the laws of the game and Miller has the cheek to start screaming at the referee.

speedy_gonzales
22-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Pretty much the same would happen if the ball hit the post or corner flag and came back into play!
Must admit, I laughed my t!ts off watching kenny miller nearly explode, talk about shaking with rage:grr:

James70
22-11-2010, 10:26 PM
It's a conspiracy! ........er, wait, sorry wrong team :wink:

Green Man
22-11-2010, 10:32 PM
I thought Miller's reaction was hilarious. Funnily enough this situation came up in the Observer's You Are The Ref recently, and it was confirmed that the ball remains in play after hitting the linesman.

Dibben
22-11-2010, 10:40 PM
How much funnier would that have been if it had been Hooper who had kicked the ball out!?

snooky
22-11-2010, 10:47 PM
A question for all you buffs on the laws of the beautiful game.
What would be the outcome if the ball had hit a substitute sprinting along the edge of the shy line while warming up? (Not the linesman, as happened here)
:dunno:
My guess would be a drop ball on the shy line.

hibeemikey21
22-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Did it look to anyone else that Miller shouts "you're pish" at the ref? If so, I wonder what kind of action the ref can take in situations like that, its technically foul and abusive language