PDA

View Full Version : Complete Stone Roses - Picture House, 3rd December

.Sean.
22-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Anybody else going? Should be a cracker :agree:

Woody1985
23-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Meant to be going. I remember when the tickets were a tenner at the liquid rooms, I think they're almost a score now.

bingo70
23-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Anybody else going? Should be a cracker :agree:

:agree:

i'll be there, they had a gig about this time last year at the corn exchange and it was ace so cannae wait till this one.

Think i heard kings of lyon are supporting them, no sure if they're any good :dunno:

.Sean.
23-11-2010, 11:18 AM
They've supported them on a few tours, i'm not really into KOL anyway. Looking forward to it. Picture House is a great gig venue. I saw Ian Brown there around this time last year - Positive the only Stone Roses songs he performed was Love Spreads and Fools Gold. He took a strop and wouldn't play any more.

Dunbar Hibee
24-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Take it there will be absolutely no chance in getting a ticket for this ?

bingo70
24-11-2010, 07:55 AM

You'll get a ticket nae bother i would have thought, we got ours from rippin records to save hassle on the night but i would have thought you'd be able to get them on the day.

.Sean.
24-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Not at all mate - 99% sure there are tickets left.

green&left
24-11-2010, 11:08 AM
They've supported them on a few tours, i'm not really into KOL anyway. Looking forward to it. Picture House is a great gig venue. I saw Ian Brown there around this time last year - Positive the only Stone Roses songs he performed was Love Spreads and Fools Gold. He took a strop and wouldn't play any more.

Sure the only Roses number he sang was Fools Gold.

Every right to take a strop with the amount of c***s in the crowd, throwing lighters and pints at the stage.

Still a quality night though, highlights for me from what I can remember was Fools Gold, Stellify and Just Like You :cool2:

Regarding the CSR, seen them at both Corn Exchange and Liquid Rooms, Corn Exchange was okay, quite a big venue and the crowd wasn't the biggest and the sound isn't the best generally there, Picture House should be superb though. :party:

LancashireHibby
24-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Stone Roses Experience and the Clone Roses are far superior :wink:

Frazerbob
24-11-2010, 12:31 PM
CSR played my club last year and I have to say I was very disapointed. Just a bunch of young gadgies, swaggering about and playing some great songs BADLY. I have no problem with tribute bands, there are some great ones out there but this lot are gash, an insult rather than a tribute IMO.

With regards getting a ticket, I'd imagine the venue will be half full at best.

.Sean.
24-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Sure the only Roses number he sang was Fools Gold.

Every right to take a strop with the amount of c***s in the crowd, throwing lighters and pints at the stage.

Still a quality night though, highlights for me from what I can remember was Fools Gold, Stellify and Just Like You :cool2:

Regarding the CSR, seen them at both Corn Exchange and Liquid Rooms, Corn Exchange was okay, quite a big venue and the crowd wasn't the biggest and the sound isn't the best generally there, Picture House should be superb though. :party:
That's something i've never 'got.' Complete waste of a pint and i'd be fuming if I was paggered by a launched lager!

A mate of mine says he played only Fools Gold from the Stone Roses catalogue, I was bevvied but i'm insistant that he played Love Spreads.

And yes, great gig, especially the extended version of Stellify. The place was bouncing! :agree:

Stone Roses Experience and the Clone Roses are far superior :wink:
:shhhsh!:

:blah:

:greengrin

CSR played my club last year and I have to say I was very disapointed. Just a bunch of young gadgies, swaggering about and playing some great songs BADLY. I have no problem with tribute bands, there are some great ones out there but this lot are gash, an insult rather than a tribute IMO.

With regards getting a ticket, I'd imagine the venue will be half full at best.
I thought they'd sell it out. They've played some massive gigs - Including T in the Park, Rockness and the Isle of White festival.

Dunbar Hibee
25-11-2010, 12:09 AM
You'll get a ticket nae bother i would have thought, we got ours from rippin records to save hassle on the night but i would have thought you'd be able to get them on the day.

Not at all mate - 99% sure there are tickets left.

Cheers lads :thumbsup:

.Sean.
02-12-2010, 03:50 PM
****in' snaw :grr:

Off work tomorrow, planning on travelling up around mid-day and heading to a few watering holes on Rose Street. Where would folk reccomend? A wee covering of snow doesn't deter us Haddy boys from a bevvy... :greengrin

Who else will be in attendance? Mind no Hibs game to get up for so we can all get blootered then hit the toon after it... :party:

NYHibby
03-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Is it still on? I was planning on going, but I'm not so sure now.

.Sean.
03-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Certainly is still on.

bingo70
04-12-2010, 12:22 PM
don't know about anyone else but i thought that was barry :agree:

.Sean.
04-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Superb to say the least :agree:

bingo70
04-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Superb to say the least :agree:

can only imagine how good it would have been to see the real stone roses in there prime, amazin :agree:

leemel
05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Superb gig just recovered today.

Woody1985
05-12-2010, 02:04 PM
I was told that the stone roses were pish live cos they were always out their nut.