PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths

Leishy1995
22-11-2010, 05:07 PM
It will have been talked about. Spoken about. Dismissed.

This is my first post and I hope nobody shoots me.

He played for the same juvenille club as my mates brother and was in the west at the hearts game. I can quote him saying, "yes I want to sign for Hibs." He has always loved Hibs as well and I will need to check but he may have played in Lee Currie's team when he knew my mate.

Thanks and I think £250,000 would be enough. Mr Peatrie would you please?

smurf
22-11-2010, 05:13 PM
This incessant talk of Griffiths has become pretty damn boring....

Of course he'd want to come to ER. A huge step up for him professionally.

But I'm not so sure he's worth 250K... Is he THAT prolific in the poor First Division?

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2010, 05:13 PM
how you doin leigh :thumbsup: and if you want to get a deal from sir rod you will have to call him mr petrie not peatrie:greengrin

Leishy1995
22-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Yep I will try that! Just thought I would post with it to explain what I knew.

Not sure if Nish would enjoy this signing.

Hibercelona
22-11-2010, 05:22 PM
how you doin leigh :thumbsup: and if you want to get a deal from sir rod you will have to call him mr petrie not peatrie:greengrin

:tsk tsk:

"Mr Petrie"

Must always begin with capitals and be within quotation marks.

If you were ever working in the Administration department at ER and had to send an urgent letter to "Mr Petrie", you'd be sacked in an instant..... unless of course you are good value for money. :wink:

Leishy1995
22-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Just a spelling mistake, be nice to stay on topic.

I think Leigh Griffiths is a good player though, even the football manager researchers think so as he develops well. Everton are quoted saying they use fm to discover new players as well.

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2010, 05:28 PM
:tsk tsk:

"Mr Petrie"

Must always begin with capitals and be within quotation marks.

If you were ever working in the Administration department at ER and had to send an urgent letter to "Mr Petrie", you'd be sacked in an instant..... unless of course you are good value for money. :wink:

caps button is goosed :boo hoo: just waiting on ebay sending me my shiny new one :cool2:

MSK
22-11-2010, 05:41 PM

He played for the same juvenille club as my mates brother and was in the west at the hearts game. I can quote him saying, "yes I want to sign for Hibs." He has always loved Hibs as well and I will need to check but he may have played in Lee Currie's team when he knew my mate.

Thanks and I think £250,000 would be enough. Mr Peatrie would you please?Been done hundreds o times mate ..you have really just posted a nothing story ..we know he is a hibbie who wants to play for hibs ..however first & foremost he is a footballer & like many nowadays he will prob go to the biggest paymaster ..that would prob rule us out ..

Decent enough player but i wouldnt lose any sleep if he didnt sign for us ..im sure CC will know who he wants come the transfer window ..:agree:

Leishy1995
22-11-2010, 10:56 PM
I see your point but he has turned down hearts saying he wanted to sign for us.

Ed De Gramo
22-11-2010, 11:30 PM

Hi Leigh :greengrin

Would be a quality signing and Dundee are that hard up for cash that we could offer them a glass bottle to get 30p back and they'd take it :thumbsup:

steviecarnie
22-11-2010, 11:38 PM

i knew eventually someone would make a story out of the fact he was at the derby.

i dont think i'm the only one, but to me hibs aint interested in Leigh, im pretty sure darren jackson, would have atleast made enquiries to hibs position at somepoint over the last year, but im told by reliable source that no club has come in for leigh, last january or over the summer.

patlowe
22-11-2010, 11:51 PM

I was a few years older at Leith when Leigh and Lee were playing in the same team. They absolutely ripped it up at that level, Leigh used to score a ridiculous amount.

basehibby
23-11-2010, 01:30 AM
I don't know that much about Griffiths but from the reports I've heard he's exactly the sort of player I'd like to see Hibs investing in - ie. up and coming quality.

The fact he's a Hibby shouldn't make all that much difference but it WOULD make it extra sickening if he was signed by the uber debt-ridden Jamtards when he'd clearly rather be at the Hibs.

brog
23-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Some time back I was derided by saying we should snap up young talent from lower divisions. The hoary old " if you sign 1st division players you end up in the 1st division " argument came up. Well you do if you sign Power & Tosh but you don't if you sign the likes of Davie Weir, Colin Cameron & Neil McCann like the Yams did. There are many recent great success stories coming from Scottish lower divisions with Snodgrass, Dorrans & unfortunately maybe now Templeton being outstanding examples.
I would love to see Leigh at ER but I doubt RP has the gumption to sanction any attempt to speculate to accumulate.

essexhibee
23-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Get the boy signed up hes a die hard hibby!! And has a decent goalscoring record, im sure he could hack it up here. :wink:

easty
23-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Does anyone have any idea what sort of fee Dundee would be looking for?

I'd like to have Griffiths, seems to score a few goals and, while I've not seen anything from him, the general concensus is that he's a good player.

However, if we're looking at a fee of around £250k for someone who hasn't played at a level higher than the Scottish First Division then I'd have reservations. That's a lot of money for us to spend on a player. But like I said, I've not seen him play so maybe he'd be worth that...

essexhibee
23-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Some time back I was derided by saying we should snap up young talent from lower divisions. The hoary old " if you sign 1st division players you end up in the 1st division " argument came up. Well you do if you sign Power & Tosh but you don't if you sign the likes of Davie Weir, Colin Cameron & Neil McCann like the Yams did. There are many recent great success stories coming from Scottish lower divisions with Snodgrass, Dorrans & unfortunately maybe now Templeton being outstanding examples.
I would love to see Leigh at ER but I doubt RP has the gumption to sanction any attempt to speculate to accumulate.

Where did they get Templeton from? Hate to say it but he has ripped us to shreds the last few derbys he has played in. :grr:

Stevie Reid
23-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Does anyone have any idea what sort of fee Dundee would be looking for?

I'd like to have Griffiths, seems to score a few goals and, while I've not seen anything from him, the general concensus is that he's a good player.

However, if we're looking at a fee of around £250k for someone who hasn't played at a level higher than the Scottish First Division then I'd have reservations. That's a lot of money for us to spend on a player. But like I said, I've not seen him play so maybe he'd be worth that...

I'd imagine that Dundee will quite simply have to take whatever they can get, they're hardly in a position to play hardball - though it will still come down to whoever wants him most, I suppose.

Very often the January transfer window creates a platform for selling clubs to get buying clubs to pay way more than they are worth - I can't see that happening here.

cabbageandribs1875
23-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Where did they get Templeton from? Hate to say it but he has ripped us to shreds the last few derbys he has played in. :grr:

i think it was ayr utd iirc

soproni1
23-11-2010, 11:10 AM
i think it was ayr utd iirc

Stenhousemuir - my brother plays there and they never shut up about the wee ****

Hibbyradge
23-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Get the boy signed up hes a die hard hibby!! And has a decent goalscoring record, im sure he could hack it up here. :wink:

What are your views on Colin Nish?

jonny
23-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Just a spelling mistake, be nice to stay on topic.

I think Leigh Griffiths is a good player though, even the football manager researchers think so as he develops well. Everton are quoted saying they use fm to discover new players as well.

I'm great at football manager, took Montrose into the SPL and then the Europa League quarter finals after 5 seasons.
Next time the Everton job comes up, I'm applying.

On a more serous note, I find it quite difficult to believe that an English Premiership side would be using an inaccurate computer game to identify signing targets. They probably have around 30 scouts watching games at every age group.

By no means am I branding you a liar, but I think the quote must've been made by David Moyes' wifes, cousins, boyfriends, wee brothers pal who is "in the know" at Everton

LancashireHibby
23-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Would be a quality signing and Dundee are that hard up for cash that we could offer them a glass bottle to get 30p back and they'd take it :thumbsup:

That'd depend on whether their administrators are prepared to wait for a better offer.

Ritchie
23-11-2010, 11:36 AM
i knew eventually someone would make a story out of the fact he was at the derby.

i dont think i'm the only one, but to me hibs aint interested in Leigh, im pretty sure darren jackson, would have atleast made enquiries to hibs position at somepoint over the last year, but im told by reliable source that no club has come in for leigh, last january or over the summer.

:faf:

him.... reliable..... :faf:

:greengrin

Perspective
23-11-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm great at football manager, took Montrose into the SPL and then the Europa League quarter finals after 5 seasons.
Next time the Everton job comes up, I'm applying.

On a more serous note, I find it quite difficult to believe that an English Premiership side would be using an inaccurate computer game to identify signing targets. They probably have around 30 scouts watching games at every age group.

By no means am I branding you a liar, but I think the quote must've been made by David Moyes' wifes, cousins, boyfriends, wee brothers pal who is "in the know" at Everton

The Football Manager story is true enough, in that they use the database - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2008/11/14/everton-sign-deal-to-scout-for-world-s-best-players-in-football-manager-video-game-86908-20893667/

Don't agree with those that say Petrie wouldn't sanction funds for the right young player with sell-on value. He'll know we presently have no-one of any real value in the transfer market and that will leave a hole in the accounts.

So it makes sense to go for the likes of Griffiths, Flynn etc.

easty
23-11-2010, 12:10 PM
The Football Manager story is true enough, in that they use the database - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2008/11/14/everton-sign-deal-to-scout-for-world-s-best-players-in-football-manager-video-game-86908-20893667/

Don't agree with those that say Petrie wouldn't sanction funds for the right young player with sell-on value. He'll know we presently have no-one of any real value in the transfer market and that will leave a hole in the accounts.

So it makes sense to go for the likes of Griffiths, Flynn etc.

No they dont. Thats about as believable as Cristiano Ronaldo driving around in a Suzuki Swift cos he was in one in thier advert. It's just a publicity/advertising thing.

The_Exile
23-11-2010, 12:43 PM
I was told a while ago Everton started using Football Manager in the old Champ Manager days, one of the head developers is a rabid Evertonian, the developers of the game had a pretty big scouting network, anyway, it ended in Everton signing an Ivory Coast player going by the name Ibrahima Bakayoko, anyone who played champ man back in the day will recognise the name, he was a legend in the 97-98 game IIRC. Wouldn't suprise me if they are privvy to the scouting reports which are handed in to the developers.

Miller33
23-11-2010, 01:10 PM

It took longer than we expected though

Miller33
23-11-2010, 01:10 PM
:faf:

him.... reliable..... :faf:

:greengrin

Less of it! :wink:

jonny
23-11-2010, 03:04 PM
No they dont. Thats about as believable as Cristiano Ronaldo driving around in a Suzuki Swift cos he was in one in thier advert. It's just a publicity/advertising thing.
:agree:

Edinburgh Green
23-11-2010, 04:03 PM
I was told a while ago Everton started using Football Manager in the old Champ Manager days, one of the head developers is a rabid Evertonian, the developers of the game had a pretty big scouting network, anyway, it ended in Everton signing an Ivory Coast player going by the name Ibrahima Bakayoko, anyone who played champ man back in the day will recognise the name, he was a legend in the 97-98 game IIRC. Wouldn't suprise me if they are privvy to the scouting reports which are handed in to the developers.

He was a god in that game, 10.5m from montpellier at the start of the game, man of the match nearly every week. Loved that game, you could play it without the disk once installed so everyone bought it, installed it then took it back.

cam75
23-11-2010, 04:05 PM
I dont think Dundee have his contract its Callum Melvile!

CropleyWasGod
23-11-2010, 04:11 PM
I dont think Dundee have his contract its Callum Melvile!

Think it will probably be the Liquidator, TBF

R'Albin
23-11-2010, 04:28 PM
From reading these threads in the past one thing I have noticed is that the guy who is his cousin miller 33 I think seems to be the only person who knows what's happening with Leigh. And Salford of course;)

brog
23-11-2010, 05:55 PM

So it makes sense to go for the likes of Griffiths, Flynn etc.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% but I can't remember the last time we did this & I doubt we'll start now. Dundee Utd have been the most successful in this sphere recently signing the likes of Gomis, Conway & Swanson from the lower leagues & much though it hurts, the Yams also did well in signing Webster. Mind you it did take them 20 years & a court case to pay the transfer fee!!
I hope you're right but I'm not holding my breath.

Leishy1995
23-11-2010, 09:28 PM

Everyone has an opinion my friend, it was on the si.games website that it was mentioned. They said it and at first I thought what the **** but I realised how accurate the reasearchers are and it doesn't seem so crazy.

Ian Murray springs to mind as the last youngster to be signed from another club though.

Not to quotee
Stop calling me Leigh, my names Ryan.

LaMotta
23-11-2010, 09:54 PM

Bakayoko was amazing!

Anyone remember Kennedy Bakircioglu, played for Hammarby could sign him for 80 grand in the 2000/01 game - another champ man legend

Leishy1995
23-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Romelu lukaku is a player many had not heard of before this year, football manager he signs for real. Chelsea and Liverpool were linked with the Belgium lad in real life.

Frogga
24-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Bakayoko was amazing!

Anyone remember Kennedy Bakircioglu, played for Hammarby could sign him for 80 grand in the 2000/01 game - another champ man legend

Yeah, I signed him for Hibs a few times. Think he plays for Ajax now?

Mark Kerr and Mads Jorgensen are another two names from the CM Hall of Fame.

Two that they (CM) predicted would become world-class from an early age are Kaka and Ibrahimovic. Got them spot on.

Heckys Wheel
24-11-2010, 06:20 AM
Anybody got any stats for him other than, "He's a die hard Hibby."

scoopyboy
24-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Anybody got any stats for him other than, "He's a die hard Hibby."

As a laddie he was with Hibs but was involved in an unsavoury incident which led to him being released.

Some staff currently at Hibs aren't ready to forgive I've been told.

He would sign for Hibs.

When the Italian chap owned Livvy Sparky was offered a great deal to go to Roma but he didn't want to leave Scotland at the time.

Other agents trying to get him away from Darren Jackson.

Howzat?

Toaods
24-11-2010, 07:36 AM
As a laddie he was with Hibs but was involved in an unsavoury incident which led to him being released.

He would sign for Hibs.

When the Italian chap owned Livvy Sparky was offered a great deal to go to Roma but he didn't want to leave Scotland at the time.

Howzat?

...if he's managed to keep his head down at Dundee then surely worth a second chance, IF Colin Calderwood is interested.

Beefster
24-11-2010, 07:50 AM

He would sign for Hibs.

Howzat?

What is it about Scottish players nowadays not being able / wanting to leave the country? If I had been a footballer, I would have jumped at the chance to learn at a big foreign club in a major European capital. I'd imagine most footballers outside the UK are the same.

Ritchie
24-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Bakayoko was amazing!

Hahaha!

I remember both of them..... The good old days when you didn't need a PHD to understand football manager.

Skanko79
24-11-2010, 08:04 AM

Hiya Leigh, Hiya Pal.

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2010, 08:12 AM
What is it about Scottish players nowadays not being able / wanting to leave the country? If I had been a footballer, I would have jumped at the chance to learn at a big foreign club in a major European capital. I'd imagine most footballers outside the UK are the same.

Rome...my god, the ****ging, the shopping, the posing. Training would really be such a dire imposition.

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2010, 08:21 AM
...if he's managed to keep his head down at Dundee then surely worth a second chance, IF Colin Calderwood is interested.

The incident was a very serious one however, involving Leigh messing up the space-time continuum, and it could have had dire consequences for the game in contemporary Scotland.

Alas some people at ER have long memories, which ironically means that Leigh's best chance of pulling on the green jersey might involve him having to travel back in time to a point before the said incident took place, thus altering the course of history. Of course, this would also be before he signed up with Darren Jackson, and the added bonus would be that Leigh could then pick different representation.

Toaods
24-11-2010, 08:40 AM
...any chance of us going back to 1902 Doctor? :-)

easty
24-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Romelu lukaku is a player many had not heard of before this year, football manager he signs for real. Chelsea and Liverpool were linked with the Belgium lad in real life.

He scored a couple in the Champions League last season...not that much of an unknown...

Bakayoko was amazing!

Isaac Okoronkwo was another....

The_Exile
24-11-2010, 10:23 AM
He scored a couple in the Champions League last season...not that much of an unknown...

To Madeira was probably the bestest of the bestest, think it was a developer who stuck him in though, he didn't really exist, notable mentions must go to Andri Sigporsson, Viktor Leonenko and Willie Howie of Partick Thistle, he was a beast in a previous game! Ah the memories.........

scoopyboy
24-11-2010, 10:24 AM

I would give him a second chance without doubt and if CC and DA feel the same then I hope their views would outweigh the doubters.

scoopyboy
24-11-2010, 10:26 AM

In Leigh's case probably would have struggled to learn the language and at the time would have been too immature to cope, only IMO of coarse.

I agree with your general statement however.

MrHibs1982
24-11-2010, 10:41 AM

My favourite from back in the day was Tijiana Babangida from Roda - man what a player.

I have heard many reports on leigh being great and apart from checking his scoring record on wiki i cant say much else cos i have only ever seen him down the pitz a couple of times few years back. I know it was just a muck about but i didnt care too much for his attitude then and dont know how much that has changed. I have heard some people definetely put him in the "bam" category but maybe he has changed a little and if he is still this way inclined (bamish) then is he the type of player, mentally, we want at ER after all the issues we have had over the last few years revolts, drinking culture etc!? :dunno:

MrHibs1982
24-11-2010, 10:46 AM

I agree training with top players will be fantastic to help you learn but would spending the last 3-4 years in the Roma reserves (do they have reserves??) while training with good-great players be that huge a difference?

Suppose it is an arguement between, training with good v playing with pish!!??

easty
24-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I agree training with top players will be fantastic to help you learn but would spending the last 3-4 years in the Roma reserves (do they have reserves??) while training with good-great players be that huge a difference?

I think just getting away from Scottish football culture in general would be a good thing for a lot of our young players.

easty
24-11-2010, 11:11 AM
In Leigh's case probably would have struggled to learn the language and at the time would have been too immature to cope, only IMO of coarse.

I agree with your general statement however.

That's a rough opinion, yeah?

scoopyboy
24-11-2010, 11:53 AM
That's a rough opinion, yeah?

course / coarse I'm never quite sure what one should be used where.

There was no hidden meaning, honest!

LancashireHibby
24-11-2010, 11:58 AM

It'd make a huge difference, I reckon. Would teach a massive amount of how to adapt his lifestyle to get the best of out of his game, something that doesn't seem to be emphasised upon too much with Scottish clubs.

Leishy1995
24-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Am I the only one unaware of said incident posted above?

I have been told great things about him. It just depends, price and what direction we are going in. We need a goalscorer. Is he proven enough after all I would like to see us take a chance, Hearts did and look at the result, lets be bold!

Dunbar Hibee
24-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Wtf did he do :confused: Must of been pretty serious.

.Sean.
24-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Jocky Scott is now Leigh Griffiths' agent, no? :confused:

We'll get Griffiths for 50K in the summer, Jocky Scott's part of the deal will include a pair of tracksuit bottoms, a crate of Special and some Beastie Boys vinyl :agree:

FACT.

scoopyboy
24-11-2010, 09:03 PM

We'll get Griffiths for 50K in the summer, Jocky Scott's part of the deal will include a pair of tracksuit bottoms, a crate of Special and some Beastie Boys vinyl :agree:

FACT.

Why on earth would Jocky Scott be Sparky's agent?

Beefster
24-11-2010, 11:20 PM

He'd get paid more, he'd be in Rome, he'd be training with world class players, he'd be using top facilities, the weather's better, his diet would probably be better, he'd have better coaches/physios etc and might possibly even get to play in Serie A.

He might be a better player for having gone to Dundee though.

My main point was that young players from all over the world make their way to England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Holland etc etc etc in a bid to reach the top. Yet almost every time we hear of a foreign club being interested in a Scottish young player, we hear that they didn't want to move abroad. It's parochial and will, in most cases, damage their careers.

Like it or not, you don't become a world class player with Jocky Scott, Gordon Chisholm or Billy Dodds coaching you but you might just do it at a major club.

LancashireHibby
25-11-2010, 12:19 AM

Whoosh. Teckle.

Heckys Wheel
25-11-2010, 05:09 AM

FACT.

Canny see him signing anything without the inclusion of a jet pack for him and Jocky the cat.

Ritchie
25-11-2010, 08:03 AM

Cause jockys in cherge... Ahbodie kens that!

Teckle!!!

renato
26-11-2010, 11:37 AM
He'd get paid more, he'd be in Rome, he'd be training with world class players, he'd be using top facilities, the weather's better, his diet would probably be better, he'd have better coaches/physios etc and might possibly even get to play in Serie A.

He might be a better player for having gone to Dundee though.

My main point was that young players from all over the world make their way to England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Holland etc etc etc in a bid to reach the top. Yet almost every time we hear of a foreign club being interested in a Scottish young player, we hear that they didn't want to move abroad. It's parochial and will, in most cases, damage their careers.

Like it or not, you don't become a world class player with Jocky Scott, Gordon Chisholm or Billy Dodds coaching you but you might just do it at a major club.

Spot on. Perhaps being so close to england is a factor in why our players are so adverse to trying their luck on the continent? Doesn't hurt the serbs, croats, slovenians, scandinavians, africans or south americans...

Perspective
26-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Agree that Scottish players should be more open to playing abroad (and I don't mean England), but wasn't it Parma that Griffiths rejected?

easty
26-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Agree that Scottish players should be more open to playing abroad (and I don't mean England), but wasn't it Parma that Griffiths rejected?

I heard it was Napoli..

The_Exile
26-11-2010, 12:13 PM
I heard it was Napoli..

Naples or Dundee, Naples or Dundee......Dadddy or Chips, Daddy or Chips.....hmmmm

Dinkydoo
26-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Wtf did he do :confused: Must of been pretty serious.

He tried to go back in time to kill Sarah Connor thus helping Skynet to achieve world domination..................... :wink:

easty
26-11-2010, 01:49 PM
He tried to go back in time to kill Sarah Connor thus helping Skynet to achieve world domination..................... :wink:

Nah that was The Terminator...

I'm pretty sure Leigh Griffiths was in bother for feeding Petrie's mogwai after midnight, caused no end of bother I heard. Gremlins all over the place.

eastmainsmsh
30-12-2010, 02:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCOqRmmFr0U

get him at hibs :thumbsup:

Springbank
30-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Q1 would he score in the derby if played?

yes.

Q2 erm, no further questions your honour

eastmainsmsh
30-12-2010, 11:47 AM
He has pace gets in to great positions , links up great, holds ball up .... Real fox in the box just what we need :agree:

mjhibby
30-12-2010, 06:54 PM
a mate of mine knows griffiths and unfortunately he could be on his way to the likes of blackpool.Very unlikely he will be at hibs.

Dunbar Hibee
30-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Good source says he's off to Celtic.. pretty weird but would make sense if Stokes is on his way as has been reported..

Sammy7nil
30-12-2010, 07:21 PM
dont know a lot about him but hope we dont sign him

keep deek get a big fella to play with deek

fatbloke
30-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Have been told it's either Blackpool or Cellic - also been told Stokes could be on way out of Darkheid for Fulham or West Ham.

muirhousehibby
30-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Have been told it's either Blackpool or Cellic - also been told Stokes could be on way out of Darkheid for Fulham or West Ham.

Stokes would only be moving in the summer at the earliest. if true

Leigh Griffiths would be a excellent signing if deeks went on to pastures new.

fatbloke
30-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Stokes would only be moving in the summer at the earliest. if true

Leigh Griffiths would be a excellent signing if deeks went on to pastures new.

Stokes apparently been a naughty boy.

Re LG:agree: but would like to see them together.

Speedy
30-12-2010, 11:22 PM

He's got a cracking goalscoring record for someone his age.

FM is a good source for finding out about players, although it obviously isn't worth relying on completely obviously. I remember signing Anderson. Andy Carroll and John Terry when they were unknowns.