PDA

View Full Version : Ivan sproule

AndersonGGTTH
22-11-2010, 01:12 PM
YEOVIL sign bristol city striker on 1 month loan deal

just getting him fitand ready for the hibees to recupporate the second half of our season:greengrin

IWasThere2016
22-11-2010, 02:10 PM

just getting him fitand ready for the hibees to recupporate the second half of our season:greengrin

Here's hoping :agree:

sambajustice
22-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Here's not hoping he's crap! :agree:

Filled in the blanks for you... :agree:

Riordans Boots
22-11-2010, 02:41 PM
sambajustice talks pash... :agree:

Couldn't agree more :agree:

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I saw Sproule last season for Bristol against Blackpool. He seemed to have slowed down a bit, and was subbed early in the 2nd half. While he might still do a job for us, he did rely on his pace. If thats not there anymore, i don't think he'd make much difference.

Dunbar Hibee
22-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Bring him back where he belongs. Now there was a player who played for the shirt.:agree:

sambajustice
22-11-2010, 04:02 PM
The boy is a cult hero, not a decent football player, unfortunately.

Bishop Hibee
22-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Filled in the blanks for you... :agree:

In my opinion the most stupid post ever on Hibs.net and that takes some doing.

Would take Ivan back in an instant. Pace, goals and a game changer, a combination we don't have at present.

Sir David Gray
22-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Said it before but I would absolutely love to see Ivan Sproule back at Easter Road and playing for Hibs.

He remains to this day one of my all time favourite players and he had enthusiasm and passion that is sadly lacking from the majority of our current team. I was gutted when I heard that we had sold him.

The fact he's moved on loan to Yeovil, though, might mean that he and his family are quite settled in the South West of England because if he's got a house in Bristol, Yeovil's not exactly a million miles away for him to travel.

I hope Calderwood at least asks the question and gives him the opportunity to say yes.

Ritchie
22-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Said it before but I would absolutely love to see Ivan Sproule back at Easter Road and playing for Hibs.

He remains to this day one of my all time favourite players and he had enthusiasm and passion that is sadly lacking from the majority of our current team. I was gutted when I heard that we had sold him.

The fact he's moved on loan to Yeovil, though, might mean that he and his family are quite settled in the South West of England because if he's got a house in Bristol, Yeovil's not exactly a million miles away for him to travel.

I hope Calderwood at least asks the question and gives him the opportunity to say yes.

why would he??

calderwood will probably know very little of Sproules time up here.

Leishy1995
22-11-2010, 05:10 PM
It is a player who netted 3 against a weak rangers side.

He comes to Hibs, I will never stop smiling.

Pretty Boy
22-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure Ivan was the most suitable starter in the world. BUT as an impact sub he was second to none. Gave the crowd a lift, gave 100% and played for the jersey, was hugely effective against tired full backs and popped up with a goal or 3.

If he's still got a good bit of pace, is affordable and is wiiling to come i'd take him for a season or 2. If nothing else i'd like to give him a great reception as the way he left the club and the circumstances around it were a bit sad and he clearly wasn't overly keen to go.

Sir David Gray
22-11-2010, 05:26 PM
why would he??

Other people at the club will know of him from his time at Hibs, such as Alistair Stevenson, Gareth Evans and even Derek Adams will probably have seen him at Hibs too.

Calderwood will probably know him as well from his time working in the Championship with Newcastle and Nottingham Forest.

magpie1892
22-11-2010, 05:26 PM
why would he??

Yes, you're absolutely right. Calderwood can only make squad decisions pertaining to the possible return to ER of former players if he has seen them play for Hibs. Preferably for every single time they wore the green.

You wonder why Kevin Keegan signed Alan Shearer. After all, he's not likely to have seen young Alan playing in nets for NUFC as a schoolboy. Quite the gamble.

FFS.

.Sean.
22-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Shock you're talking rubbsh.

MSK
22-11-2010, 05:56 PM
It is a player who netted 3 against a weak rangers side. He comes to Hibs, I will never stop smiling.Weak ..?...looks a strong enough team for me !! ..:confused:

Rangers: Waterreus, Ricksen, Pierre-Fanfan, Rodriguez, Murray, Buffel (Lovenkrands 55), Alex Rae, Ferguson, Thompson (McCormack 71), Novo, Prso.
Subs Not Used: Klos, Andrews, Malcolm, N'Guessan, Smith.

sesoim
22-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Sproule was a great player for us - and probably gained us about 10-12 points a season through his pace turning games late on. Unfortunately Collins sold him (well done John :bitchy:) and replaced him with one of the worst Hibs players in recent years (and that says something).

If he still has the speed, I'd take him back in a flash. Best substitute we've ever had!

Riordans Boots
22-11-2010, 06:21 PM

Ivan Sproule was a great impact player for Hibs and in my book .... that makes him a decent player :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-11-2010, 06:56 PM
It is a player who netted 3 against a weak rangers side.

He comes to Hibs, I will never stop smiling.

I remember McLeish playing the graceless oaf by saying that we were just booting the ball into the corners of the pitch and got lucky.....three times. Now he was just being a post-match phanny whereas for you it is no doubt a 24 hour a day commitment.:jamboclow:yamlaugh::lolyam::kbacker::t rumpet:

JE89
22-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Give him 3 games up here and he'd quickly be 'not Hibs class' and a 'one trick pony'. Loved him at Hibs but hope he doesn't make a return.

marinello59
22-11-2010, 07:20 PM
A favourite player of mine and he left us with some great memories. He shouldn't be signed based on sentiment though. How many of those who want him back have seen him play recently? Unless he is storming through games we shouldn't even be looking at him.

IWasThere2016
22-11-2010, 08:22 PM
A favourite player of mine and he left us with some great memories. He shouldn't be signed based on sentiment though. How many of those who want him back have seen him play recently? Unless he is storming through games we shouldn't even be looking at him.

Bums on seats :wink: Then bums off seats as he tears doon the wing! :agree:

Petrie - bring him home :thumbsup:

Baader
22-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Width, direct and a bit of heart. Not things we are well covered for with our current squad. Even if he can barely run he'd probably have enough to get a game right now!

hibsbollah
22-11-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure Ivan was the most suitable starter in the world. BUT as an impact sub he was second to none. Gave the crowd a lift, gave 100% and played for the jersey, was hugely effective against tired full backs and popped up with a goal or 3.

If he's still got a good bit of pace, is affordable and is wiiling to come i'd take him for a season or 2. If nothing else i'd like to give him a great reception as the way he left the club and the circumstances around it were a bit sad and he clearly wasn't overly keen to go.

Agree with all of that:agree: Pace in wide attacking areas is something we've been missing for ages.

basehibby
22-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Ivan's skills were always a bit underestimated by some IMO. Sure he sometimes looked like he had no idea what he was going to do next - but that was the point - cos neither did most of the defenders he faced!
That allied to lightning pace, largely uncredited close ball control and a real heart for the battle made hime a great player for us.
As long as he's not totally lost that lightning pace, I'd be delighted to see him back in a Hibs shirt.

Irish_Steve
22-11-2010, 09:16 PM

Then bums back down on seat as the cross drifts miles wide lol

Loved Ivan and would take him back too

hibsbollah
22-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Sproule was a great player for us - and probably gained us about 10-12 points a season through his pace turning games late on. Unfortunately Collins sold him (well done John :bitchy:) and replaced him with one of the worst Hibs players in recent years (and that says something).

If he still has the speed, I'd take him back in a flash. Best substitute we've ever had!

Interesting...I was saying the other day that Caldwell used to cost us 10-12 points a season back then due to his regular blunders. Maybe Sproule and Caldwell evened each other out?:greengrin

lucky
22-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I hope we dont sign him. He was an impact player subersub. But Hibs need starters just now and Im not sure a former luxury player is what is required. If he cant get a game at struggling Bristol city its unlikely he will do much for us.

I enjoyed his play at times but lets just leave him where he is.

Leishy1995
22-11-2010, 10:59 PM
I remember McLeish playing the graceless oaf by saying that we were just booting the ball into the corners of the pitch and got lucky.....three times. Now he was just being a post-match phanny whereas for you it is no doubt a 24 hour a day commitment.:jamboclow:yamlaugh::lolyam::kbacker::t rumpet:

Sorry not allowed an opinion mate? never knew the rules on here?

snooky
22-11-2010, 11:17 PM

Hear hear - bring him here here :agree:

just_joe
22-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I saw Sproule last season for Bristol against Blackpool. He seemed to have slowed down a bit, and was subbed early in the 2nd half. While he might still do a job for us, he did rely on his pace. If thats not there anymore, i don't think he'd make much difference.

Your spot on mate. I have friend's in Bristol who regularly go to games. They say the times they see him hes lost his pace. To be honest Ivan had pace with Hibs but the guy had no real end product. Apart from the 3-0 game at ibrox I really didn't see the big deal in Ivan. He seems a nice guy but i don't think hes much of a footballer. If he was that good im sure better teams than yeovil would be signing him.

PC Stamp
22-11-2010, 11:32 PM

Not sure I agree with that. Tony Mowbray once said that certain players are suited to certain clubs. They need to look at not just the money on offer but at things like the manager, the style of football, the fans, even the surrounding areas for living in etc before making a decision to move. Unfortunately he felt too many players, particularly younger ones had their heads turned solely by the money and despite having a healthy bank balance, weren't enjoying their football. Derek Riordan maybe a case in point? Ivan may just be a player most suited to Hibs and Edinburgh.

Riordans Boots
22-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Hear hear - bring him here here :agree:

Yes please :agree:

kaimendhibs
23-11-2010, 05:49 AM
Your spot on mate. I have friend's in Bristol who regularly go to games. They say the times they see him hes lost his pace. To be honest Ivan had pace with Hibs but the guy had no real end product. Apart from the 3-0 game at ibrox I really didn't see the big deal in Ivan. He seems a nice guy but i don't think hes much of a footballer. If he was that good im sure better teams than yeovil would be signing him.

This is exaxtly the kind of"no real end product" player i would have back in a second!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKF4MZWSHG4 Now, Gies a break

hibby67
23-11-2010, 06:18 AM
Bring him back as a guest and to make an apperance at half time....
we could give him the adulation he deserves.........:not worth
make him do the 10 second challenge but change it to the 3 second challenge.

i absolutely loved him when he was at Hibs but he moved on and so must we let me remember him as he was a hibs idol......
i would hate it if he came back and was awful.....

we are hibs
23-11-2010, 08:48 AM

him and zemmama on each wing would be good pace and skill

.Whitey.
23-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Even if he has lost a bit of pace, he probably still faster than anyone on the hibs team atm. whether he should come back to the cabbage or not, ill leave that up to Calderwood

The_Exile
23-11-2010, 12:53 PM
What age is he now then? He can't have lost that much pace, he'll defo be a hell of a lot faster than any scottish huddy full back, a brilliant impact player, he loved the club, the fans loved him, I agreee that we suited his style the way we were playing under Mowbray, Calderwoods style might not fit, I dunno, would be good to see the wee man back tearing down the wing, him and Zemamma out wide, Riordan and Griffiths through the middle with Miller in behind, probably the most direct attacking team we'd have had since the good old days!

jg1875
23-11-2010, 02:17 PM
What age is he now then? He can't have lost that much pace, he'll defo be a hell of a lot faster than any scottish huddy full back, a brilliant impact player, he loved the club, the fans loved him, I agreee that we suited his style the way we were playing under Mowbray, Calderwoods style might not fit, I dunno, would be good to see the wee man back tearing down the wing, him and Zemamma out wide, Riordan and Griffiths through the middle with Miller in behind, probably the most direct attacking team we'd have had since the good old days!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::top marks:agree::notworthy:

Leishy1995
23-11-2010, 09:39 PM
, I dunno, would be good to see the wee man back tearing down the wing, him and Zemamma out wide, Riordan and Griffiths through the middle with Miller in behind, probably the most direct attacking team we'd have had since the good old days!
:flag: That would bring back football I watched in the early 2000s.

Ritchie
23-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Yes, you're absolutely right. Calderwood can only make squad decisions pertaining to the possible return to ER of former players if he has seen them play for Hibs. Preferably for every single time they wore the green.

You wonder why Kevin Keegan signed Alan Shearer. After all, he's not likely to have seen young Alan playing in nets for NUFC as a schoolboy. Quite the gamble.

FFS.

:faf: what are you on??

500miles
23-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Sproule was a good player with us. When people talk about him having no end product, they're talking rubbish. He had an ERRATIC end product. He was unpredictable, and that often gave him his edge, which got his name on the assist chart and the score sheet.

The Harp
23-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Would love to see the wee man back at ER if it was to happen. Never seen a player since Ivan who could get the fans off their *rses and onto their feet the way he could. Maybe the end product wasn't always there, but he was an entertainer and still seems to have a great affection for the Hibs. :thumbsup:

marinello59
23-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Not sure I agree with that. Tony Mowbray once said that certain players are suited to certain clubs. They need to look at not just the money on offer but at things like the manager, the style of football, the fans, even the surrounding areas for living in etc before making a decision to move. Unfortunately he felt too many players, particularly younger ones had their heads turned solely by the money and despite having a healthy bank balance, weren't enjoying their football. Derek Riordan maybe a case in point? Ivan may just be a player most suited to Hibs and Edinburgh.

Possibly true although perhaps it is more likely that a player is suited to a certain club at a certain time. :dunno:

yekimevol
24-11-2010, 11:02 AM
ivans pace has not gone but he is now playing in a league in witch the players are fitter and quicker the championship is a better league than the spl in this case.

I would take ivan back in a heart beat even more so with the way that caldo plays his wide midfielder. they stay wide and get close to the line before crossing. the way that stevenson has played. Ivan would love this role !!!!

jonny
24-11-2010, 11:17 AM
ivans pace has not gone but he is now playing in a league in witch the players are fitter and quicker the championship is a better league than the spl in this case.

I would take ivan back in a heart beat even more so with the way that caldo plays his wide midfielder. they stay wide and get close to the line before crossing. the way that stevenson has played. Ivan would love this role !!!!

Dont really agree that the Championship is better than the SPL. It's different but overall I wouldn't say the quality is better.

To break it down a bit, teams at the top, QPR, Cardiff etc IMO are certainly not as good as Rangers and Celtic. Mid-table teams such as Reading, Barnsley and Watford aren't any better than Dundee Utd, Hearts or Hibs. Bottom end teams like Preston, Scunthorpe and Palace may just have the edge over St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hamilton but I don't think there'd be much in it.
Obviously crowds and wages at the Championship clubs are better than the SPL - by a long shot, but the football isn't necessarily any better.
Personally I'd rather watch SPL football.

i can't make my mind up whether Sproule would be a good signing or not. As a previous poster said - it's best left up to Calderwood to decide.

oxymoron
24-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I hope we dont sign him. He was an impact player subersub. But Hibs need starters just now and Im not sure a former luxury player is what is required. If he cant get a game at struggling Bristol city its unlikely he will do much for us.

:agree:

I enjoyed his play at times but lets just leave him where he is.

Totally agree. If he wasnt a badge-kisser (yes, ok, who scored three against rangers - years ago!) would this debate even be happening. He's out of the frame at Bristol City - yes, Bristol City! - yet, apparently he can do a turn for us. Sorry, thats sentimental nonsense. Unless CC and his team are utterly convinced that he still adds value, lets move on and keep the memories before they get spoiled.

IWasThere2016
24-11-2010, 12:28 PM
He's out of the frame at Bristol City - yes, Bristol City! - yet, apparently he can do a turn for us.

So you'll be saying the same about Daryl Duffy - out of the frame at the lower Bristol Rovers?

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2010, 12:30 PM
So you'll be saying the same about Daryl Duffy - out of the frame at the lower Bristol Rovers?

:agree: Kevin Kyle's doing no bad in the SPL and his career in the lower English leagues had run its course.

.Sean.
24-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Apparantly a piece in the Record today about Sproule returning to Hibs?

Franck is God
24-11-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm always dubious about players returning from spells away from the club as the second spell is rarely as successful as the first but given the effect Skacel has had on the Hearts team this season I'm willing to change my mind.

He certainly has something about him that created opportunities for us to score as opposed to clear chances but there's no doubt he was an excellent attacking option and one of the best impact subs I've seen at ER.

I think we will have to wait to see what type of player CC is looking to bring in, we desperately need some pace injected into the side which Ivan would certainly provide.

ionahibby

Not seen a record but wouldn't be surprised if the journalist has just been on .net seen a thread about sproule and made a story out of it. Just don't see this happening im afraid!

Sudds_1
In my opinion the most stupid post ever on Hibs.net and that takes some doing.

Would take Ivan back in an instant. Pace, goals and a game changer, a combination we don't have at present.

..........and a combination of skills that, by all accounts, Ivan no longer has either.

Golden Bear
24-11-2010, 12:43 PM

The article just says that Ivan reckons his career with Bristol City is coming to an end as he's been farmed out to Yeovil on loan. He's out of contract in the summer.

It goes on to mention that he's been linked with a return to Easter Road but that's about it.

In any case at 29 years old he's probably lost a bit of his pace which was without a doubt his biggest asset.

Green_one
24-11-2010, 12:52 PM
I would not mind us picking him up for a year to see what he does.

He always bought a smile to my face. I loved the wee guy and never understood the keeness to get rid of him. The fact he is limited is part of his charm.

I can sing my favourite song again - Number 1 is Ivan Spoule.........

Seveno
24-11-2010, 01:18 PM
This is exaxtly the kind of"no real end product" player i would have back in a second!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKF4MZWSHG4 Now, Gies a break

Thanks for those wonderful memories. :thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
24-11-2010, 01:34 PM
If we could get him back on wages well in our budget, i.e. not a top earner at the club, then I'll fly over, and drive him up to East mains or ER.

He may not be as quick as he was, but i'm sure still has plenty pace.
We are such a slow lethargic team that he'd be a great addition.

By all accounts when you look at our bench now, it's not very exciting.

If CC brings in other plays that get the job done and a couple of players that can excite, then fine, but I'd love to see the wee man back - Getting fans on the edge of there seats, is exactly what he was all about.

Speedway
24-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Everyone has a good game every now and again.

That guy was head down and run, think later. For every goal at Ipox there was 50 missed chances against other teams we could've beaten had we got a better ball into the box.

By the end of his time, teams just put one man on him and one man behind for when the first one got beat. Ivan was hardly all about close control was he?

That's why he was a super sub. Only any good once players were knackered, eventually solved with the double marking approach and now he's older,that's less of a concern.

All the boy has to do is say 'Ohhhh I love Hibs' on his way out the door and he's a legend.

MASSIVE no thanks from me.

Sir David Gray
24-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Ivan had the highest number of assists, in the entire SPL, in one of his seasons with us, which totally contradicts all the talk on this thread about him not having an end product when he was with us the first time.

I have no idea if he has or hasn't lost any of his pace since he last played for Hibs, as I haven't seen him play a match for over three years, but let's not have people making things up about the guy.

JimBHibees
24-11-2010, 04:12 PM

Totally agree. If he wasnt a badge-kisser (yes, ok, who scored three against rangers - years ago!) would this debate even be happening. He's out of the frame at Bristol City - yes, Bristol City! - yet, apparently he can do a turn for us. Sorry, thats sentimental nonsense. Unless CC and his team are utterly convinced that he still adds value, lets move on and keep the memories before they get spoiled.

Bristol City are a championship team which is a step up from the SPL. He did well in the SPL previously no reason he couldnt do so again.

yekimevol
24-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Dont really agree that the Championship is better than the SPL. It's different but overall I wouldn't say the quality is better.

To break it down a bit, teams at the top, QPR, Cardiff etc IMO are certainly not as good as Rangers and Celtic. Mid-table teams such as Reading, Barnsley and Watford aren't any better than Dundee Utd, Hearts or Hibs. Bottom end teams like Preston, Scunthorpe and Palace may just have the edge over St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hamilton but I don't think there'd be much in it.
Obviously crowds and wages at the Championship clubs are better than the SPL - by a long shot, but the football isn't necessarily any better.
Personally I'd rather watch SPL football.

i can't make my mind up whether Sproule would be a good signing or not. As a previous poster said - it's best left up to Calderwood to decide.

i was going for the phyical element. alot of there players seem to be fitter and quicker than the majority of the spl ones.
to me

yekimevol
24-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Sproule says he believes that he will leave bristol :D does this mean that i can start dreaming of seeing him back in the green and white ?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2228106,00.html

Leishy1995
24-11-2010, 05:31 PM
I've said I would want him back and personally, I just want Hibs to be a fast, attacking side again. alan O'brian might have been a high paid mistake but he had Sproules shadow to live in. Personally, I would say if we sign him we will have a possible skacel effect or a possible mixu effect.

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Ivan had the highest number of assists, in the entire SPL, in one of his seasons with us, which totally contradicts all the talk on this thread about him not having an end product when he was with us the first time.

I have no idea if he has or hasn't lost any of his pace since he last played for Hibs, as I haven't seen him play a match for over three years, but let's not have people making things up about the guy.

:agree: 12-13 assists if i remember rightly, and roughly the same amount of goals if my memories right. The best substitute i have ever seen at easter road, yet had pretty much played himself into the first 11 by the time he'd left. I dont know what he's like now, but the Ivan Sproule that left us, would walk into this side.

basehibby
24-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Sproule says he believes that he will leave bristol :D does this mean that i can start dreaming of seeing him back in the green and white ?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2228106,00.html

Nae need to be dreamin - Yoevil play in green and white :wink:

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2010, 09:02 PM
I love Ivan, he's a Hibs legend and I was gutted when he left. That said, his impact game was reliant on pace, which I'm reliably informed has declined somewhat, as it invariably does with players at his stage of their career.

With that in mind I feel it would be unfair to expect him to come back here and relieve former glories. I shall be the first man up to the bar to greet the little chap, should he pop his head back in a Leith hostelry, but I'd rather remember him as he was than try and turn the clock back.

kaimendhibs
27-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Everyone has a good game every now and again.

That guy was head down and run, think later. For every goal at Ipox there was 50 missed chances against other teams we could've beaten had we got a better ball into the box.

By the end of his time, teams just put one man on him and one man behind for when the first one got beat. Ivan was hardly all about close control was he?

That's why he was a super sub. Only any good once players were knackered, eventually solved with the double marking approach and now he's older,that's less of a concern.

All the boy has to do is say 'Ohhhh I love Hibs' on his way out the door and he's a legend.

MASSIVE no thanks from me.
With the greatest of respect, utter bollox!

kaimendhibs
27-11-2010, 01:47 AM

Badge kisser? 3 against rangers? more than 3, and scored goals and assists all over the place. Who, in your opinion has contributed more to hibs attacking play (other than perhaps deek) in recent years??

sunshine1875
27-12-2010, 10:59 PM

Not going to happen. From BBC website:

However, former Hibs winger Ivan Sproule will not be returning to Easter Road as he already joined Yeovil on loan from Bristol City last month and can't play for another club this season. "He can't play - he has played for two clubs," Calderwood said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9322986.stm

Hibbie_Cameron
27-12-2010, 11:04 PM

However, former Hibs winger Ivan Sproule will not be returning to Easter Road as he already joined Yeovil on loan from Bristol City last month and can't play for another club this season. "He can't play - he has played for two clubs," Calderwood said.

Thats one rumour put to rest until the end of the season

Steve-O
27-12-2010, 11:08 PM

He is better than 95% of the current squad so what does that tell you?

Hibs are in DIRE need of some pace in the team. We must be the slowest, most ponderous team that I think I have ever seen. Sproule would at least offer something to get excited about now and again with a bit of direct running.

Steve-O
27-12-2010, 11:10 PM

So if he got a free transfer from Bristol City he wouldn't be able to play for any other club this season? I find that very hard to believe.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2010, 11:11 PM
As has already been mentioned above, Sproule won't be moving here in January as he can't play for three teams in a single season.

Just need to wait until the summer.

renato
27-12-2010, 11:33 PM

Finally someone from the club acknowledging we're in a relegation fight. Big question now is whether CC can back up his words with action, unlike his predecessor.

The quote regarding Sproule surely indicates CC is interested and has already enquired. Perhaps a fair chance we'll see him in the summer?

Steve-O
28-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Finally someone from the club acknowledging we're in a relegation fight. Big question now is whether CC can back up his words with action, unlike his predecessor.

The quote regarding Sproule surely indicates CC is interested and has already enquired. Perhaps a fair chance we'll see him in the summer?

"I don't know if it has been mentioned in the dressing-room, but we're far enough into the season and we're completely in that fight.

"We will need a sustained run of good form and victories to take us away from it," said Hibs manager Calderwood.

Eh, should Calderwood maybe not mention it perhaps? :confused:

Jim44
28-12-2010, 12:33 AM
By acknowledging that we are relegation fodder, Calderwood has suddenly gone up in my estimation.

muirhousehibby
30-12-2010, 06:02 PM

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one
season, but during this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches
for two clubs.

Meaning we could still sign Sproule but couldn't play him in games untill the new season started.

MB62
30-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one
season, but during this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches
for two clubs.

Meaning we could still sign Sproule but couldn't play him in games untill the new season started.

Has he actually played yet for Yeovil?

zlatan
30-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Has he actually played yet for Yeovil?

Yup