PDA

View Full Version : Rumours

JACK_HFC
22-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Hibs getting sproule? anyone know anything bout that
bamba and miller new deals?
:confused:

we should swap nish for adam rooney he's a decent player, or we shoud buy him!:agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-11-2010, 10:43 AM
we should swap nish for adam rooney he's a decent player, or we shoud buy him!:agree:

Why the hell would ICT go for that deal?

ScottB
22-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Why the hell would ICT go for that deal?

Cause not everyone thinks he's as mince as some folk on here do?

Rooney is out of contract in the summer, if he decides he's going then I'm sure they'd be open to offers for the boy in January, whether they'd take a player of ours I don't know, but I think we should be trying to get him tied up on a Bosman then try and buy him.

Stevie Reid
22-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately Rooney is the type of player Hearts go for and have a tendency to get ahead of us.

.Sean.
22-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Bamba won't sign a new deal. Very good player on his day, but I expect he'd want a big hike in wages to sign on again.

easty
22-11-2010, 11:14 AM

Lets swap Trakys for Connor Sammon as well. And I like Gomis at Dundee Utd, let's swap them Rankin for him.

Dinkydoo
22-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Even if other teams don't think Nish is as bad as some on here do, they'd have to have taken thier crazy pills to consider swapping a talent like Rooney for Nish.

Whilst we're at it we could see if Man Uninted fancy swapping Fletcher for Rankin :wink:

Franck is God
22-11-2010, 11:22 AM
If we're in the mood for swapping we should at least do it properly

Brown for Cech (Chelsea)

Hart for Sagna (Arsenal)
Dickoh for Vidic (Utd)
Bamba for Ferdinand (Utd)
Grounds for Cole (Chelsea)

De Graaf for Ronaldo (R Madrid)
Miller for Xavi (Barca)
Rankin for Kaka (R Madrid)
Riordan for Bale (Spurs)

Trakys for Torres (Liverpool)
Nish for Rooney (Utd)

All we need to do is ask them all to stick to our wage budget, I'm sure if we ask nicely enough they'll agree....

Hillsidehibby
22-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Brown for Cech (Chelsea)

Hart for Sagna (Arsenal)
Dickoh for Vidic (Utd)

Miller for Xavi (Barca)
Riordan for Bale (Spurs)

Nish for Rooney (Utd)

All we need to do is ask them all to stick to our wage budget, I'm sure if we ask nicely enough they'll agree....

None are Hibs class.

Cech- Silly Hat

Sagna- Silly Hairstyle

Vidic- OK maybe

Ferdinand- Restaurant's rubbish

Cole- boffs munters

Ronaldo- Silly boots

Xavi-too wee

Kaka- cack

Bale- slower than a week in jail

Torres- plays better as a blonde

Rooney-pays way too much for boffing

easty
22-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Brown for Cech (Chelsea)

Hart for Sagna (Arsenal)
Dickoh for Vidic (Utd)

Miller for Xavi (Barca)
Riordan for Bale (Spurs)

Nish for Rooney (Utd)

Torres is always injured, Rooney is out of form and I wouldnt swap Riordan for Bale...:cool2: Redknapp would have to get the chequbook out as well!

ScottB
22-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Even if other teams don't think Nish is as bad as some on here do, they'd have to have taken thier crazy pills to consider swapping a talent like Rooney for Nish.

Whilst we're at it we could see if Man Uninted fancy swapping Fletcher for Rankin :wink:

Again, Rooney is out of contract.

IF he has decided to go, then presumably Caly will want to get either cash and / or player(s) for him if they can. Whether Nish or any other player is as good as Rooney isn't really relevant is it, it purely depends on how good a player ICT think they can get in. It'd be like us saying that if Bamba goes for free next summer we can only bring in a better player, it won't happen, just like ICT won't be able to replace Rooney with a better player.

Pretty Boy
22-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Again, Rooney is out of contract.

IF he has decided to go, then presumably Caly will want to get either cash and / or player(s) for him if they can. Whether Nish or any other player is as good as Rooney isn't really relevant is it, it purely depends on how good a player ICT think they can get in. It'd be like us saying that if Bamba goes for free next summer we can only bring in a better player, it won't happen, just like ICT won't be able to replace Rooney with a better player.

Rooney is attracting interest from several Championship clubs. Even if ICT agreed a deal with Hibs in january i'd be surprised if the player went for it. More likely he would turn down the move and sign a deal elsewhere in the summer.

Much as i think he's a good player and would like to see him at Hibs, it's not going to happen.

ScottB
22-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Rooney is attracting interest from several Championship clubs. Even if ICT agreed a deal with Hibs in january i'd be surprised if the player went for it. More likely he would turn down the move and sign a deal elsewhere in the summer.

Much as i think he's a good player and would like to see him at Hibs, it's not going to happen.

Quite possibly yeah.

We really need to get better at spotting these guys before it's too late to get them!

sahib
22-11-2010, 12:31 PM

:agree: Lucky if Petrie would double his wage. The Championship would multiply it by ten or twenty I would guess

oldbutdim
22-11-2010, 01:01 PM

Off to Yeovil on loan?

How have the mighty etc etc

:cool2:

fatbloke
22-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Sadly methinks that some of the deals mentioned will never happen in a million years. Rooney championship bound, Leeds and QPR have or are having him watched. No way can we compete with them wages wise. CC will have use all his knowledge and contacts to unearth a gem or 2. Also of the 14 or whatever it is out of contract cannot see too many getting good deals elsewhere on current performances. I think many will find that if or when they leave ER they only way is down to a lesser club in the SPL or EFL 1 or 2.

JACK_HFC
22-11-2010, 03:14 PM

Brown for Cech (Chelsea)

Hart for Sagna (Arsenal)
Dickoh for Vidic (Utd)

Miller for Xavi (Barca)
Riordan for Bale (Spurs)

Nish for Rooney (Utd)
:faf:

All we need to do is ask them all to stick to our wage budget, I'm sure if we ask nicely enough they'll agree....:blah:

your not the smartest, nish for ADAM ROONEY is realistic and could be a possibility as his contract is over soon. If we offer nish and some money theres a decent chance of getting him, depending on other offers from down south.. :hmmm:

joe_hfc
23-11-2010, 07:53 AM
:agree: Lucky if Petrie would double his wage. The Championship would multiply it by ten or twenty I would guess

what? a championship club would offer 15k-30k a week for an unproven championship striker from a newly promoted SPL club?!!!!

RickyS
23-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Sadly methinks that some of the deals mentioned will never happen in a million years. Rooney championship bound, Leeds and QPR have or are having him watched. No way can we compete with them wages wise. CC will have use all his knowledge and contacts to unearth a gem or 2. Also of the 14 or whatever it is out of contract cannot see too many getting good deals elsewhere on current performances. I think many will find that if or when they leave ER they only way is down to a lesser club in the SPL or EFL 1 or 2.

apart from Miller and Deek the others are with the biggest club they will play for which is why January might be a disappointment unless Rod agrees to pay them off

blackpoolhibs
23-11-2010, 08:11 AM
apart from Miller and Deek the others are with the biggest club they will play for which is why January might be a disappointment unless Rod agrees to pay them off

I think we might get a couple of loan signings in the door by the end of January. CC will be assessing his squad, and by the end of the season should know who he wants to keep, and who he wants to leave. Its obvious Bamba will go, he wants to leave, he wants the money. Out of the rest, i cant imagine he would want to keep many? CC's job really starts in the summer imho.

RickyS
23-11-2010, 09:14 AM
I think we might get a couple of loan signings in the door by the end of January. CC will be assessing his squad, and by the end of the season should know who he wants to keep, and who he wants to leave. Its obvious Bamba will go, he wants to leave, he wants the money. Out of the rest, i cant imagine he would want to keep many? CC's job really starts in the summer imho.

Agree, loan signings especially from Newcastle would seem the way to go but I seem to remember an interview with Yogi where he stated Rod did not like loan signings? something along the lines of "just identify who you want and we will try to sign them" was maybe around the time of the Stokes signing where it started off as a possible loan deal.

bingo70
23-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Agree, loan signings especially from Newcastle would seem the way to go but I seem to remember an interview with Yogi where he stated Rod did not like loan signings? something along the lines of "just identify who you want and we will try to sign them" was maybe around the time of the Stokes signing where it started off as a possible loan deal.

Yes he did say that, and i think in the summer permanent signings are the way to go rather than loans, however there's such poor value in the january transfer window i think loan signings are much more realistic as a stop gap until we can get some out of contract players in the summer.

truehibernian
23-11-2010, 09:30 AM
I don't know what CC's record is like before re transfer windows, but I would also be hoping that we conclude business early in January and not wait until the last day(s) of the window.

I have absolutely no doubt that a couple are in the pipeline from down south given CC's attendance at a few recent reserve fixtures down south. Although it's nice for fans sometimes to get that last minute player in, I also think we are in a position where we need to bed in new players early and kick on. Also shows the rest of the squad that CC is not one for messing about and "continually assessing". Maybe providing kicks up the backside at the business end of the season. Some of these players are quite literally playing for their future professional football careers at the top level. I can't see many teams from here or down south taking them on to be brutally honest, unless they are lower leagues.

essexhibee
23-11-2010, 09:56 AM
We need a decent striker and another creative midfielder.

Torres and Iniesta might do it?

My friend who plays in the Conference said he would love to play for the mighty hibs and hes a centre back so thats Bamba's position filled :greengrin:greengrin. Bless him.

Hibee Daz
23-11-2010, 11:05 AM
We definitely need another striker one with a bit of pace and a midfielder in the mold of Pat McGinlay would be just the ticket!

Hamish
23-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Can still hear Margaret screaming 'C'moan Paddy' in the row behind me in the Main Stand at Tannadice some years ago. He was having a shocker IIRC:greengrin

IWasThere2016
23-11-2010, 05:56 PM

what? a championship club would offer 15k-30k a week for an unproven championship striker from a newly promoted SPL club?!!!!

Never on anything like £3k a week - try closer to£1k a week

frazeHFC
23-11-2010, 07:33 PM
What good SPL players are in their last year of their contract?

I know Rooney is and i think Conway is too.

sahib
23-11-2010, 07:39 PM

Ok let us settle for something about £10K doon south and Hibs £2K or round about.
I have heard there are people on £4/5K in the conference. What is the top wage paid at Hibs these days? Perhaps it is more than I think.

bookert
23-11-2010, 09:09 PM
training with Hibs ?

.Sean.
23-11-2010, 09:54 PM
who?

oldbutdim
23-11-2010, 10:03 PM
training with Hibs ?

No.

:cool2:

greenlex