PDA

View Full Version : Old Firm, GTF.

Thecat23
21-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I for one have had enough of this whole Celtic/ref carry on and it's about time there was change. We DO NOT need the ugly sisters. This rubbish the league would die is utter c@ap. If Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell etc were all in the race for the title we would pack out our grounds as The yams proved a while back. So the money would still be there. When will we stand up to the spoilt brats and just refuse to play them! Give them the 3 points each week just don't play. Let's see how they like not playing each week. Or the 10 teams should get in talks with the SFL and break away from them leaving them in limbo to play each other. They want to leave anyway to play in england, which is laughable at best, that's like saying to your missus... Your ok but I've seen someone better with more cash so going to ask her out if she says no I'll just stick with you!! Sorry but I'm sure the your missus would tell you were to go. So why not all the clubs outwith the ugly sisters? I hope we all grow a set bin that shower of ***** and put them in their place once and for all.

Ah that's better! :)

Bishop Hibee
21-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I for one have had enough of this whole Celtic/ref carry on and it's about time there was change. We DO NOT need the ugly sisters. This rubbish the league would die is utter c@ap. If Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell etc were all in the race for the title we would pack out our grounds as The yams proved a while back. So the money would still be there. When will we stand up to the spoilt brats and just refuse to play them! Give them the 3 points each week just don't play. Let's see how they like not playing each week. Or the 10 teams should get in talks with the SFL and break away from them leaving them in limbo to play each other. They want to leave anyway to play in england, which is laughable at best, that's like saying to your missus... Your ok but I've seen someone better with more cash so going to ask her out if she says no I'll just stick with you!! Sorry but I'm sure the your missus would tell you were to go. So why not all the clubs outwith the ugly sisters? I hope we all grow a set bin that shower of ***** and put them in their place once and for all.

Can't disagree with the sentiment here. As each season passes, I get more and more sick of the OF antics.

Thecat23
21-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Can't disagree with the sentiment here. As each season passes, I get more and more sick of the OF antics.

I'm the same and I'm sick of the constant moaning.. They are killing the game know one else. Every paper we read is Rangers and Celtic we need a major shake up in Scotland.. I just wish teams would take a stand.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm the same and I'm sick of the constant moaning.. They are killing the game know one else. Every paper we read is Rangers and Celtic we need a major shake up in Scotland.. I just wish teams would take a stand.

I'm beginning to think its some kind of strategy to help them leave the SPL.

MrSmith
22-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I'm certainly one who will assist them to leave the SPL!! :taxi:taxi

Thecat23
22-11-2010, 12:06 AM

Would not suprise me at all.. But I'd be delighted if they just left.

dave62
22-11-2010, 12:19 AM
I don't think anything short of a Hibs Scottish Cup win would give me more pleasure than seeing the OF leaving Scotland, but I don't think the English would have them, not after the damage the Huns did to Manchester in the UEFA Cup Final.

You often hear and see English commentators saying what a wonderful atmosphere it is at an OF game but they wouldn't want it on their doorstep.

Unless there is some kind of Euro Super League or Atlantic League, I reckon we're stuck with them.

snooky
22-11-2010, 12:27 AM
I don't think anything short of a Hibs Scottish Cup win would give me more pleasure than seeing the OF leaving Scotland, but I don't think the English would have them, not after the damage the Huns did to Manchester in the UEFA Cup Final.

You often hear and see English commentators saying what a wonderful atmosphere it is at an OF game but they wouldn't want it on their doorstep.

Unless there is some kind of Euro Super League or Atlantic League, I reckon we're stuck with them.

Rangers should join the Dutch League and Celtic the Irish League.
That would make every football fan in Scotland happy, no? :hmmm:

silverhibee
22-11-2010, 12:48 AM

Lets hope it works then.

Dashing Bob S
22-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Rangers should join the Dutch League and Celtic the Irish League.
That would make every football fan in Scotland happy, no? :hmmm:

The problem with that is that they wouldn't play each other. Without each other they would wither into small clubs in a post-industrial Scottish town. The fact is that far from hating each other these inadequates couldn't cross the road without holding each others hands. It goes way beyond football rivalry. The franchise is sectarian bigotry and they are effectively now two teams ran by the one club - the Old Firm. It's almost at the point where they don't need two boards to make up strategy, it's just identical. All this Celtic hard-done-by whinging and this Hun imperious silence, is just marketing to try and differentiate the brands for the benefit of the clowns who suscribe to them.

rossi
22-11-2010, 03:13 AM
You've hit the nail on the head there Dashing Bob. Same companies make the badges, scarves, calenders for the 2 of them.
I think they definitely see this as a chance to leave Scots football also: thing is, who's going to want them?

greenlex
22-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Without them the tvmoney would take a dip as would the income of every other club.
The standard of football would dip accordingly. Are we all prepared fir hat?
We would survive as would tge majority of the clubs but at a radically lower level than we are at present. Might not be a bad thing long term but shott t term it would be awful.

Lucius Apuleius
22-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Without them the tvmoney would take a dip as would the income of every other club.
The standard of football would dip accordingly. Are we all prepared fir hat?
We would survive as would tge majority of the clubs but at a radically lower level than we are at present. Might not be a bad thing long term but shott t term it would be awful.

Short term pain for long term gain???? I'm for that. Get rid of the pricks.

OFGTF

marinello59
22-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Short term pain for long term gain???? I'm for that. Get rid of the pricks.

OFGTF

Love the sentiment.:greengrin

I don't think it would be short term pain though. As much as I dislike them without the evil twins the poor standard of football in Scotland would fall even further and financially we would be screwed. I doubt we would be able to give TV rights away.

Kaiser1962
22-11-2010, 07:00 AM

I have thought that for a wee while now. This is their opportunity to plead victimisation because the ref "lied" and they are taking it with both hands. This actual lie was whether the ref went to the linsman or the lineman called him over. Hardly serious stuff. IMHO McDonald was trying to "protect" the linesman who then dumped on him big style.

UEFA (or FIFA) will not undermine referees authority so this may actually backfire on them. And if you were in the FA in England would you want to be involved with this shower of whingin gits? Thought not.

calumb
22-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Love the sentiment.:greengrin

I don't think it would be short term pain though. As much as I dislike them without the evil twins the poor standard of football in Scotland would fall even further and financially we would be screwed. I doubt we would be able to give TV rights away.

Could the standard of football drop much further anyway as none of the clubs outside the old firm are paying huge wages to draw in top players from abroad or paying enough to keep home grown players from leaving to go to the championship/div 1 so the clubs would still operate from the same pool of players. These players may even improve if they were playing for clubs that had a genuine chance of winning the league.
I don't know the exact deal for the distribution of tv money but it seems that the stadiums are always half empty when the cameras roll up so you wonder if the clubs make much out of it anyway.

Barney McGrew
22-11-2010, 07:49 AM

I think you're right, but I believe that it's tied in with the TV deal which runs out at the end of next season.

Both of the OF were incredibly narked at the fact the other clubs voted to sign the current deal, especially when they were trying to set up the own alternative package, which no doubt would have meant more share of the money for Rantic, along with more control of the TV rights for them. If Celtc can manufacture a situation where they can threaten to leave the SPL because of bias, they'll be banking on the other teams caving in on TV rights as a concession to make them stay. After all, I'm willing to bet the chairmen of virtually every club rely on the dough they get from the OF coming to town to keep their clubs afloat.

IIRC, as it stands just now, 50% of the TV money is split equally between the twelve SPL clubs, with the other 50% based on league placings. Given that the overall deal is worth less than 12m a year, that's a lot of money going to 'diddy' clubs in the OF's opinion.

A cynical suggestion maybe, but it's one that makes sense if you think about the timing of the current wave of Celtc bleating.

Green_one
22-11-2010, 08:13 AM
The English seriously do not want them but as usual with this lot, they simply ignore the facts.

I was interested in a Man United forum where it was claimed that Hernandez had been warned against doing his prayer before the game. This led to obvious disgust at Rangers but when the Celtic fans came on with their hollier than thou attitude it was quickly spotted that they had their poppy demo and their long running support of certain organisations. Again the forum turned against them. They simply do not get that bashing the poppy and supporting the IRA is not going to go down well in England, particularly in a city which had its centre destroyed by that very organisation.

The line is harding in England. These guys are so busy destroying each other that they miss the fact they are doing the same to themselves.

THEY HAVE NOWHERE ELSE TO GO. - We are stuck with them. Atlantic League - aye right.

marinello59
22-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Could the standard of football drop much further anyway as none of the clubs outside the old firm are paying huge wages to draw in top players from abroad or paying enough to keep home grown players from leaving to go to the championship/div 1 so the clubs would still operate from the same pool of players. These players may even improve if they were playing for clubs that had a genuine chance of winning the league.
I don't know the exact deal for the distribution of tv money but it seems that the stadiums are always half empty when the cameras roll up so you wonder if the clubs make much out of it anyway.

I am not so sure about that. Without the drawing power of the Old Firm TV revenues would fall further meaning we would be competing with an even lower level of the English leagues for players. Add in the players who move to the Scottish League hoping to get a move to one of the Old Firm for the relatively easily earned high wages on offer. (Stokes, Killen? )
It's all academic anyway. We are stuck with them whether we like it or not.:boo hoo:

johnrebus
22-11-2010, 09:03 AM

Given that Hearts are not much better than Celtic on their critisism and conspiracy theories regarding referees, I would much prefer them to **** off as well.

:taxi

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-11-2010, 09:14 AM
I honestly think this is part of an effort to let them go to England, the more they snipe the more they think they will get their chance, perhaps if they stopped constantly buying players off from rival teams in the SPL then ditching them then it could and would be a stronger league, as the OP said let's start boycotting them!..

But it will never happen in my lifetime

****s!

Big Frank
22-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Its not the OF that need to leave Scotland. Its the cheating. The SFA, SPL , refs the lot are rotten to the core.

To suggest that the huns don't get preferential treatment is laughable. But coming from sellickfootballclub is hilarious. Celtc only don't get the decisions when playing the huns, the rest of the time they do.

Surely you don't want to win leagues and cups without the top two? If they ever get the chance to play in engerlund, I hope Hibernian go with them :agree:

southern hibby
22-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I've said it several times now and probably several more before I die, but here goes.
Why don't we join the English leagues. start of at Conference and work up. We would have the right to put our notice in with the SFA (2 years) and join the English FA (again 2 years).
We have led the way in many things in British Football Europe etc,etc and we would be infront of the Ugly Sisters.
I really Hate what both of them stand for and what they do too Bully Scottish Football. They are Vermin of the Highest order and as for Lennon being a manager of a so called hugh football team on the world stage, He is nothing short of a thug.
I know Hibs will never apply to join their English counterparts but we seriously need to do something about Scottish Football. However if all the top clubs threatened it or applied to make a breakaway league we would have to be counted. Remember when the Infirm tried to bully us into handing over all the TV money from Sky and no one signed the contract. Rangers are still paying for that now with no money in the bank.
They are Vile evil bullies who need to be stood up against. Please Hibs let us be in the front line doing this against that Vermin, by whatever means necessary.

GGTTH

Phil MaGlass
22-11-2010, 11:36 AM
England dont want them.

Hibs Class
22-11-2010, 12:09 PM
England dont want them.

Spot on - the only positive noises ever seemed to come from the torn-faced midget that runs Bolton Wanderers.

Bad Martini
22-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Plenty people DONT get involved with fitba BECAUSE of the dirty rotten *******s that are celtc and rangers.

Plenty folk canny abide their vermin like ways.

Others canny be doing with the fact those *******s WILL continue to win and take 2nd place in the league due to strength in depth.

Others apply the same thinking to most competition in Scotland.

So, yes, we will lose SOME tv money - probably a fair bit, BUT, others will come back on the basis its not one sidded, biggot owned sheitba (as opposed to fitba) and indeed, a league we COULD conceivably win.

Whats the point in having this "stature" (you are ****ing joking right :greengrin) attached to our league just now WITH those erses when we could actually have a real competition on our hands without them....and what "stature" is this???? We are already a laughing stock nationally...internationally and in Europe.

So, **** it. Better to be so without those bams whereby we have nae biggotry and much more chance of decent competition...nae stupid split and any one of 5 or 6 teams who could (possibly) win the league....

bring it right on. Old firm get right tae **** and ideally, right oot of business anaw.

Cants.

ENDOF

MrHibs1982
22-11-2010, 12:39 PM
something related to potential income after they leave - the chances of European qualification don't increase too much with them gone as Uefa will change all the coefficients. 1st in the league will get in at the 1st round of champions league qualification and 2nd might get into the 1st round of qualifying for the Europa League. We could be lucky to get anymore than that and if we ever get there we all know how hard a qualifying match could be...

Kaiser1962
22-11-2010, 01:23 PM
In the interests of fairness and balance it has to said that Rangers are pretty quiet over this whole thing and not getting involved in the ramblings of Lennon.

This might be because they are part of the Great Conspiracy though.....:greengrin

Thats whats good about conspiracies! You can make them fit whatever your point of view.

erskine-hibby
22-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Plenty people DONT get involved with fitba BECAUSE of the dirty rotten *******s that are celtc and rangers.

Plenty folk canny abide their vermin like ways.

Others canny be doing with the fact those *******s WILL continue to win and take 2nd place in the league due to strength in depth.

Others apply the same thinking to most competition in Scotland.

So, yes, we will lose SOME tv money - probably a fair bit, BUT, others will come back on the basis its not one sidded, biggot owned sheitba (as opposed to fitba) and indeed, a league we COULD conceivably win.

Whats the point in having this "stature" (you are ****ing joking right :greengrin) attached to our league just now WITH those erses when we could actually have a real competition on our hands without them....and what "stature" is this???? We are already a laughing stock nationally...internationally and in Europe.

So, **** it. Better to be so without those bams whereby we have nae biggotry and much more chance of decent competition...nae stupid split and any one of 5 or 6 teams who could (possibly) win the league....

bring it right on. Old firm get right tae **** and ideally, right oot of business anaw.

Cants.

ENDOF

:agree::agree:

Couldn't agree more.
How much lower can we get without them??
IMHO, not much. The tail has been wagging the dog for far too long now that it has become acceptable. Infact, it is seen as the norm and if it were to change the world would end.
The real "FACT" is that they need us more than we need them.
They are going nowhere. England don't want them, so where else will they go???.
We had a chance years ago, but clubs sh@t it and pulled out at the last minute. Maybe we have a chance again to finally put them in their place...i.e. put up or shut up...or...GTF.

Keith_M
22-11-2010, 01:35 PM
So, **** it. Better to be so without those bams whereby we have nae biggotry...

What, are Hearts leaving as well? Or did I just imagine 3,900 of them 'up to their knees in Fenian Blood' 2 weeks ago?

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2010, 01:46 PM
:agree::agree:

Couldn't agree more.
How much lower can we get without them??
IMHO, not much. The tail has been wagging the dog for far too long now that it has become acceptable. Infact, it is seen as the norm and if it were to change the world would end.
The real "FACT" is that they need us more than we need them.
They are going nowhere. England don't want them, so where else will they go???.
We had a chance years ago, but clubs sh@t it and pulled out at the last minute. Maybe we have a chance again to finally put them in their place...i.e. put up or shut up...or...GTF.

:top marks:agree:

Leishy1995
23-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I am not clued on the finance on the SPL but being honest, this would make me pleased. The only problem is the coefficents would decrease due to the fact most Scottish teams would not get as far as the Old Firm. Recent years performances by lots of different teams come to mind, Aberdeen, Falkirk, us, Celtic. Rangers are the only ones who have performed, then destroyed our rep. Two sides to the coin.

That being said, other teams would develop into better teams if the youth doesn't leave but again just because they are gone does not mean they wont steal.

Hibbyradge
23-11-2010, 10:00 PM
I am not clued on the finance on the SPL but being honest, this would make me pleased. The only problem is the coefficents would decrease due to the fact most Scottish teams would not get as far as the Old Firm. Recent years performances by lots of different teams come to mind, Aberdeen, Falkirk, us, Celtic. Rangers are the only ones who have performed, then destroyed our rep. Two sides to the coin.

That being said, other teams would develop into better teams if the youth doesn't leave but again just because they are gone does not mean they wont steal.

2/3rds of football fans in Scotland support the Old Firm.

On the weekends that Rangers and Celtic play each other, there is more at their game than attend the other 20 games in Scotland, put together.

So far, the Old Firm have had 656122 at their home games.

The rest of the SPL have managed 519353. This number includes Rangers and Celtic fans.

If The Old Firm leave, they take their fans (money), the media attention (money) and the TV (money) with them.

We would be left with 1/3 of the total fan base we have now and that would be spread amongst 40 clubs.

Andy Bee
23-11-2010, 10:03 PM
We need the Huns, without them I don't see where our next three points are coming from :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
23-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Why dont the supporters of the rest get together and have an unofficial league trophy and flag made up.

At the end of the season the "fans" flag could be presented to the highest finishing SPL club outwith the ugly sisters.

On the cup and flag we could have written the following:

' To the club in Scotland who proved themselves the best on a level playing field '

Just to spice it up a bit the fans league could award 4 points for a home win against the OF and 5 for a win at castle greyskull or darkhied.

Just a thought

:greengrin

Joe Baker II
26-11-2010, 03:40 PM
I have thought that for a wee while now. This is their opportunity to plead victimisation because the ref "lied" and they are taking it with both hands. This actual lie was whether the ref went to the linsman or the lineman called him over. Hardly serious stuff. IMHO McDonald was trying to "protect" the linesman who then dumped on him big style.

UEFA (or FIFA) will not undermine referees authority so this may actually backfire on them. And if you were in the FA in England would you want to be involved with this shower of whingin gits? Thought not.

Does not explain that Hearts have also come out with statements about referees with even less evidence to back them up than Celtic.

madhibby
26-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Like an earlier poster I think Hibs should apply to play in the English (when it includes Scottish clubs alongside the Welsh)/British league.

Lets say Hibs find their level and become a Championship Club.

Wouldnt it be better to watch say Leeds, Southampton, Norwich etc at Easter Road and to travel to away games at Middlesbrough, Newcastle.

Scotttish football is too predictable and there are not enough medium sized clubs to capture football fans attention.

al bundy
26-11-2010, 04:42 PM
i would personally miss the tramps from the west if they did find another league, nothing better than horsing the weegies in my book

James70
26-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Like an earlier poster I think Hibs should apply to play in the English (when it includes Scottish clubs alongside the Welsh)/British league.

Lets say Hibs find their level and become a Championship Club.

Wouldnt it be better to watch say Leeds, Southampton, Norwich etc at Easter Road and to travel to away games at Middlesbrough, Newcastle.

Scotttish football is too predictable and there are not enough medium sized clubs to capture football fans attention.

:top marks

I personally am fed up watching the same old teams coming to ER week after week and I would not be against us playing in an English or even British league. The big problem would be that even if we were accepted which is doubtful, we would have to enter at a very low level with no guarantee we could ever get up to the Championship. I wouldn't think that the club would be able to operate with the level of income we'd be getting.

GreenCastle
26-11-2010, 05:04 PM
England dont want them.

England don't need them either :agree:

The sooner they leave Scottish Football the better :agree:

Vini1875
26-11-2010, 06:32 PM
The OF should simply play each other and tour the world much like the harlem Globetrotters do. Over time they could perfect the game into a comedy routine.

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2010, 06:37 PM
The OF should simply play each other and tour the world much like the harlem Globetrotters do. Over time they could perfect the game into a comedy routine.

Well they've made us a laughing stock. :agree:

lucky
26-11-2010, 06:41 PM
I favour a British league. But the English clubs just don't want or need the baggage of Scottish football. I would rather Hibs were in the third tier of UK football than the farce that is the SPL

new malkyhib
26-11-2010, 10:03 PM
I've said it several times now and probably several more before I die, but here goes.
Why don't we join the English leagues. start of at Conference and work up. We would have the right to put our notice in with the SFA (2 years) and join the English FA (again 2 years).
We have led the way in many things in British Football Europe etc,etc and we would be infront of the Ugly Sisters.
I really Hate what both of them stand for and what they do too Bully Scottish Football. They are Vermin of the Highest order and as for Lennon being a manager of a so called hugh football team on the world stage, He is nothing short of a thug.
I know Hibs will never apply to join their English counterparts but we seriously need to do something about Scottish Football. However if all the top clubs threatened it or applied to make a breakaway league we would have to be counted. Remember when the Infirm tried to bully us into handing over all the TV money from Sky and no one signed the contract. Rangers are still paying for that now with no money in the bank.
They are Vile evil bullies who need to be stood up against. Please Hibs let us be in the front line doing this against that Vermin, by whatever means necessary.

GGTTH

Sheer class. :top marks

Bostonhibby
26-11-2010, 10:41 PM

:agree: Spot on, we all know that over time we don't need them and could somehow survive. For me its the arrogance that somehow someone else wants them, the EPL brand is doing very nicely money wise thanks very much and its a fact that no brand in any market wants to taint itself by being exclusive to any group because of their views, real or otherwise.

I just dont see the EPL's paymasters wanting the bigots and their songs associated with SKY and the like all the way round the world outside Scotland any time soon.

If its about making a few quid and bumping up crowds in games that dont matter, invite them down for the mind numbing pre season friendlies but I dont see them being at the top table for a while yet.
If only we could get them out of our arena as well. They could tour the sub continents playing each other every week whilst the real world gets on with it.

hibeedonald
27-11-2010, 01:14 AM
In the interests of fairness and balance it has to said that Rangers are pretty quiet over this whole thing and not getting involved in the ramblings of Lennon.

This might be because they are part of the Great Conspiracy though.....:greengrin

Thats whats good about conspiracies! You can make them fit whatever your point of view.

i hate rangers fans but IMO Walter smith is a respectable guy, unlike Neil Lennon who poisons Scottish football.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2010, 01:37 AM
2/3rds of football fans in Scotland support the Old Firm.

On the weekends that Rangers and Celtic play each other, there is more at their game than attend the other 20 games in Scotland, put together.

So far, the Old Firm have had 656122 at their home games.

The rest of the SPL have managed 519353. This number includes Rangers and Celtic fans.

If The Old Firm leave, they take their fans (money), the media attention (money) and the TV (money) with them.

We would be left with 1/3 of the total fan base we have now and that would be spread amongst 40 clubs.

Many of the OF fans are glory hunters, who for all their bombast are 'soft' supporters, a bit like our extra 25,000 who turn up at cup finals. Without the treadmill of success, I question whether the sectarian circus would be strong enough to keep them in such figures alone.

Conversely, I think clubs like Hibs, Hearts, A'deen and even Dundee United, Motherwell and Kilmarnock, would attract more local fans/glory hunters if they were in genuine regular contention for silverware.

A real fear for Celtic and Rangers, if they were to move to a more competitive league, is that they wouldn't be successful and attendances would fall. An even bigger fear is that they might end up in different divisions of a League, with no competitive fixture to play.

hstn747
27-11-2010, 02:15 AM
SPL teams need to get together and force the OF to accept sharing all the gate & season ticket money. They should also be forced to accept a even split of the TV money.

Other than that, all non OF fans could organise a Boycott OF scheme like the ones already in existance for Israel & Burma. Fans would be encouraged to avoid any company that associates with either of the Biggot Brothers. Perhaps in time this would reduce the amount they could bring in from sponsorship.

I say this because I don't see them leaving the SPL any time soon or that their fans will suddenly start supporting 'local' teams. The only chance the other SPL teams will ever have a chance is if the OF's spending power is reduced closer to everyone else's.