PDA

View Full Version : De Graaf

Alfred E Newman
21-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Why was De Graaf hooked at half time yesterday? Was he injured or what? Couldn`t help laughing out loud at his goal attempt from Riordans cross. A classic!

matty_f
21-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Why was De Graaf hooked at half time yesterday? Was he injured or what? Couldn`t help laughing out loud at his goal attempt from Riordans cross. A classic!

I watched the miss (and the replay) a couple of times on the BBC highlights, and I thought he was unlucky with it, the ball is actually going behind him and he does reasonably well to make any kind of connection with it at all, IMHO.

As for him being subbed, I've read that he never trained all week on the back of picking up the injury against Motherwell last week.

Sammy7nil
21-11-2010, 08:21 PM
I watched the miss (and the replay) a couple of times on the BBC highlights, and I thought he was unlucky with it, the ball is actually going behind him and he does reasonably well to make any kind of connection with it at all, IMHO.

As for him being subbed, I've read that he never trained all week on the back of picking up the injury against Motherwell last week.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
Your on the wind up no doubt catch a few. If he had missed the ball all together you would not have been surprised :confused:

I want him to be even just okay but on all evidence bar very fleeting glimpses he is totally annon in every game he plays.

This misses he has had to date if he was a cricketer there would be a full investigation and probably a betting scandal. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

allmodcons
21-11-2010, 08:29 PM

Hooked because he was very poor.

Mind you CC could have hooked one or two others at HT aswell.

First half showing yesterday was (at best) very poor.

Alfred E Newman
21-11-2010, 10:01 PM

His attempted connection with the ball was like Anne Widdecombes attempt at the paso doble. :greengrin

matty_f
21-11-2010, 10:31 PM
His attempted connection with the ball was like Anne Widdecombes attempt at the paso doble. :greengrin

:tee hee:

lucky
21-11-2010, 11:43 PM
I thought he was ok yesterday. I was suprised when Calderwood changed both Harte and De Graffe at half time especially Rankin had his usual game

Dunbar Hibee
21-11-2010, 11:46 PM
I thought he was ok yesterday. I was suprised when Calderwood changed both Harte and De Graffe at half time especially Rankin had his usual game

Thought Bamba done well when he came in at right back, pleasantly suprised.

Beefster
22-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Your on the wind up no doubt catch a few. If he had missed the ball all together you would not have been surprised :confused:

I want him to be even just okay but on all evidence bar very fleeting glimpses he is totally annon in every game he plays.

This misses he has had to date if he was a cricketer there would be a full investigation and probably a betting scandal. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

And yet, last week, he was being praised by just about everyone for coming onto a game.

CentreLine
22-11-2010, 08:00 AM

De G is a quality player. I cannot understand this constant clamour to have a go at him. He is miles ahead of the players round about him. If the other players were half way on the same wavelength we would have no worries about the season will go. All IMHO of course

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2010, 10:48 AM
De G is a quality player. I cannot understand this constant clamour to have a go at him. He is miles ahead of the players round about him. If the other players were half way on the same wavelength we would have no worries about the season will go. All IMHO of course

What do you base that comment on? On the evidence of the video clip we were shown on here before he signed, yes. On the evidence of his performances since he signed no.

Expecting Rain
22-11-2010, 10:53 AM
What do you base that comment on? On the evidence of the video clip we were shown on here before he signed, yes. On the evidence of his performances since he signed no.

Unfortunately we are in the minority in our assessment of the present day players, mediocrity is now acceptable, that is why we sign a lot of dross and take ages to get rid of a lot of dross, hard work ahead for the manager, the standard at the moment is poor and that is me being diplomatic, it is not going to change for the remainder of this season.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Unfortunately we are in the minority in our assessment of the present day players, mediocrity is now acceptable, that is why we sign a lot of dross and take ages to get rid of a lot of dross, hard work ahead for the manager, the standard at the moment is poor and that is me being diplomatic, it is not going to change for the remainder of this season.

I'm not stupid enough to think we can go out and sign superstars, but we do seem to sign more than our fair share of dross. We don't seem to get enough good value from our purchases. I agree our season will be a poor one, until CC can get rid of quite a lot of these players, he wont be able to get any consistency, and results wont be good enough as usual. Like you I'm looking forward to next season for the progress to really start.

Ed De Gramo
22-11-2010, 11:22 AM

Still suffering from that injury from the Motherwell match....he had barely trained all week and just passed a fitness test

Stevie Reid
22-11-2010, 11:33 AM
After 14 appearances in a new country and new league under two different managers, I'm far from ready to write him off. Very unfortunate to pick up the injury during his best Hibs performance and it clearly affected him this week.

He takes up very good positions and has shown his quality in glimpses, happy for him to continue his run in the team.

CentreLine
22-11-2010, 11:37 AM

What? Erm...... Obviously I am too stupid to form an opinon based on watching the man play so...well......eh.......Ah Yes, I'll settle for HE'S DUTCH!

and leave you and others to rip in to a player who is streets ahead of most of our present squad IMHO.:wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2010, 11:48 AM
What? Erm...... Obviously I am too stupid to form an opinon based on watching the man play so...well......eh.......Ah Yes, I'll settle for HE'S DUTCH!

and leave you and others to rip in to a player who is streets ahead of most of our present squad IMHO.:wink:

:faf: :wink:

easty
22-11-2010, 12:11 PM

I'm not buying into this kind of chat at all. You've got a player at Killie, Eremenko, who is streets ahead of the rest of thier squad and he's coming up with the good week in week out. Quality shines through, it doesnt get hidden by the rest of the crap.

I dont think he's a bad player at all, but to say he's streets ahead of the rest of them is a joke.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm not buying into this kind of chat at all. You've got a player at Killie, Eremenko, who is streets ahead of the rest of thier squad and he's coming up with the good week in week out. Quality shines through, it doesnt get hidden by the rest of the crap.

I dont think he's a bad player at all, but to say he's streets ahead of the rest of them is a joke.

We have a lot of average to poor players, with nobody streets ahead of anyone. In fact on here if we have a couple of good results, we are invincible, and 3rd spot is in the bag. When in reality we are a poor side in a poor league, when with everything taken into consideration, we should be doing better. But as usual we just seem to accept mediocrity without saying or doing much.

allmodcons
22-11-2010, 12:58 PM

Ask yourself this CL. If De Graaf is 'miles ahead' of everyone else at Hibs why is he at Hibs?

His contribution on Saturday was very poor.

Shrekko
22-11-2010, 01:07 PM

Seeing as hibs.net and Easter Road is a sea of player abuse these days, how exactly do you conclude that mediocrity is acceptable for the vast majority of Hibs fans?

You seriously think that is why we sign a lot of dross- because there's not enough folk like you and Blackpool Hibs finding it unacceptable? What difference does that make? You've actually just proved you accept mediocrity yourself with your comments on Liam Miller- a good player who has consistently performed below his potential.

Is it not the case that there will always be a bit of mediocrity around an SPL club squad due to financial constraints?
Nobody likes it but perhaps some fail to see the wisdom in abusing the average players constantly as it does the team/club no good?

sahib
22-11-2010, 01:25 PM

Was it any more or less acceptable in the past.
We have had some stinkers since I have been watching Hibs.
De Graaf is not as bad as some people make out in fact he is better than I was expecting.

Expecting Rain
23-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Seeing as hibs.net and Easter Road is a sea of player abuse these days, how exactly do you conclude that mediocrity is acceptable for the vast majority of Hibs fans?

You seriously think that is why we sign a lot of dross- because there's not enough folk like you and Blackpool Hibs finding it unacceptable? What difference does that make? You've actually just proved you accept mediocrity yourself with your comments on Liam Miller- a good player who has consistently performed below his potential.

Is it not the case that there will always be a bit of mediocrity around an SPL club squad due to financial constraints?
Nobody likes it but perhaps some fail to see the wisdom in abusing the average players constantly as it does the team/club no good?

Oh, you again! you hate an exaggaration, a sea of abuse..............just for the record Rich, Miller in my opinion is the best player at Easter Road closely followed by Riordan, it is almost worth my £20+ to watch these guys play, unfortunately they get dragged down by those surrounding them, can`t recall saying Miller was playing below his potential but i`m sure you`ll spend hours digging it out, to save you a lot of time maybe i was in a bad mood post match after another crap result, maybe i was drunk, maybe i`m just another guy voicing his opinion on Hibs, chill out pal i`m not picking the team for saturday and i didn`t apply for the job the last time.:taxi