PDA

View Full Version : Grand Slam of Darts

seanraff07
21-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Final is starting now live on ITV4 between Wade and Waites.

Anyone else watching?

DaveF
21-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I was down there last Sunday for the day and it was brilliant. Will certainly be going back.

Wife has the TV so I'm resigned to the PDC scoreboard tonight - Waites looking like a winner at the mo'

Sergey
21-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I was down there last Sunday for the day and it was brilliant. Will certainly be going back.

Wife has the TV so I'm resigned to the PDC scoreboard tonight - Waites looking like a winner at the mo'

I wish I'd known you were coming down, Dave.

Waites has done me (and my bank balance) a huge favour this week as I backed him in every match.

I also had a small investment on the 'Bronze Adonis' last night at 14/1.

Happy times.

seanraff07
21-11-2010, 08:49 PM

I think my Dad might be buying us tickets for the PDC Premier League in Glasgow or Newcastle, i've never been to the Darts so would be pretty good as i love the Darts.

Was a great final tonight, i thought Waites was down and out when he was getting beat 8-0, fantastic comeback.:agree:

DaveF
21-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I wish I'd known you were coming down, Dave.

Waites has done me (and my bank balance) a huge favour this week as I backed him in every match.

I also had a small investment on the 'Bronze Adonis' last night at 14/1.

Happy times.Never gave it a thought G - Didn't realise you like the darts, so will be in touch when we are back next year.

All day sunday was a long but cracking day :greengrin

Sergey
21-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Never gave it a thought G - Didn't realise you like the darts, so will be in touch when we are back next year.

All day sunday was a long but cracking day :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY is another who travels South for the arra's.

Ally Pally beckons for the early rounds on the run-up to Christmas....evenings only. I'm getting to old for this all-day drinking malarky :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-11-2010, 09:02 PM
HUTCHYHIBBY is another who travels South for the arra's.

If he is in Quinns at 11 in the morning he doesnae always make it to AP tho!

DaveF
21-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I think my Dad might be buying us tickets for the PDC Premier League in Glasgow or Newcastle, i've never been to the Darts so would be pretty good as i love the Darts

The GSD was my first tournament and as I said above I loved every minute. Great banter with the other folk at the tables and some great darts to watch too.

I dunno if the Premier League will be as good as the Wolves Civic as a few people I spoke to said that the bigger venues tended not to be as lively as the Civic - I guess the bigger it is, the further away you will be.....

Anyway, for atmosphere and the general experience get a ticket if you can.

seanraff07
21-11-2010, 09:27 PM
The GSD was my first tournament and as I said above I loved every minute. Great banter with the other folk at the tables and some great darts to watch too.

I dunno if the Premier League will be as good as the Wolves Civic as a few people I spoke to said that the bigger venues tended not to be as lively as the Civic - I guess the bigger it is, the further away you will be.....

Anyway, for atmosphere and the general experience get a ticket if you can.

Cheers for that, i've always liked the look of the atmosphere at the Darts seems to be a lot of good banter between the fans.:agree:

Sergey
21-11-2010, 09:34 PM
If he is in Quinns at 11 in the morning he doesnae always make it to AP tho!

Aye....that's one of the pit-falls if you order a Guinness in Quinn's :greengrin

Hibbie_Cameron
21-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Waites was amazing. Surely he must think about switching to the PDC now. 8-0 down to win 16-12 is just unreal