PDA

View Full Version : Next five games crucial

simple
21-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I think this is a really crucial set of games coming up for us, next two at home against teams below us in the league and then away to Hamilton bottom of the league.

We then have Kilmarnock away and Aberdeen at home, harder games but winnable.

If we can pick up points in double figures this would be great and we should be seeing back our injured players to full fitness and some of the youngsters out on loan.

Hail Hail :thumbsup:

truehibernian
21-11-2010, 01:51 PM
With Derek out for the Saints game, scoring goals may be the problem. In saying that, playing both Trakys and Nish against Duberry may mean they have to change their approach. Have to say, each time we played St Johnstone last season they were miles better, even the game we won. Why - we lost the midfield and didn't compete. They played a 4-5-1 at times and took control of games in midfield. They also exploited the full backs. Something we need to watch.

More confident about results v St Mirren and Aberdeen. Hamilton are battlers and I would take a draw there. Killie away - forget it. They are way ahead of us footballing wise and in Eremenko they have a player who is simply a joy to watch. Very much like ICT, they can mix up play well........they can get physical with Sammon, Wright and Pasquali, and they can play with pace with Taioul, Bryson, Hamill and Gordon. Mixu has them playing some really nice stuff.

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Crucial for what? We wont get a european place. We have an outside chance of a top 6 spot, but i'd not put money on it. The only crucial thing on the horizon is a relegation fight, and we probably have a couple of teams that are worse than us, and that should be enough to keep us up. Next season cant come quickly enough for me, and CC's newly built side. Most of this lot of wasters can GTF.

TheGreenMan
21-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Crucial for what? We wont get a european place. We have an outside chance of a top 6 spot, but i'd not put money on it. The only crucial thing on the horizon is a relegation fight, and we probably have a couple of teams that are worse than us, and that should be enough to keep us up. Next season cant come quickly enough for me, and CC's newly built side. Most of this lot of wasters can GTF.

Saves me typing anything...

The Voice Of Reason
21-11-2010, 03:30 PM

You have summed it up perfectly I am afraid. :boo hoo:

GloryGlory
21-11-2010, 03:33 PM
This is Hibs. One game at a time,please.

simple
21-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Your all maybe correct, but I'm not giving up hope just yet, all teams apart from the old firm are weak in my eyes.

There is a few wasters in the team and I'll be glad to see the back of a few of them, but you just never know in football!!

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Your all maybe correct, but I'm not giving up hope just yet, all teams apart from the old firm are weak in my eyes.

There is a few wasters in the team and I'll be glad to see the back of a few of them, but you just never know in football!!

That never applies when Hibs are involved. I'd say the cup has taken on more impotance than normal this season. The league will take care of itself i'd imagine. We will win a few and draw and lose more. But the cup is something that will make us some good money should we progress. Unless we get decent home draws, i'm not holding my breath. I just hope this bunch of wasters can get themselves up for those 5 games, as these are more crucial than any imho.

Keith_M
21-11-2010, 06:07 PM
.... But the cup is something that will make us some good money should we progress. Unless we get decent home draws, i'm not holding my breath. ...

I refer the honourable gentleman to last season's favourable home draws.....

:boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I refer the honourable gentleman to last season's favourable home draws.....

:boo hoo:

:agree: Its the only way i think this lot of wasters will get us resonably far in this years cup. And i only hope the one good game every so often they give us, is in the cup games. :boo hoo:

matty_f
21-11-2010, 06:42 PM
:agree: Its the only way i think this lot of wasters will get us resonably far in this years cup. And i only hope the one good game every so often they give us, is in the cup games. :boo hoo:

:agree: And the remaining derbies. They owe us that.

Septimus
21-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Surely it would be incredible if "this bunch of wasters" were to win the Scottish Cup for us. Would they then become all time greats?

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2010, 08:00 PM
God, what a hungover bunch of moaning minnies we have today! I'm taking the optimistic view and putting my faith in CC. I'm going for our steady improvement to continue and for him to chop out some dead wood and inject some strength and pace in January. I forecast the Scottish Cup being 'in the bag' as the tune goes, and I think we'll finish strongly, probably 4th but possibly 3rd.

WindyMiller
21-11-2010, 08:22 PM
God, what a hungover bunch of moaning minnies we have today! I'm taking the optimistic view and putting my faith in CC. I'm going for our steady improvement to continue and for him to chop out some dead wood and inject some strength and pace in January. I forecast the Scottish Cup being 'in the bag' as the tune goes, and I think we'll finish strongly, probably 4th but possibly 3rd.

I just love your optimism Bob.

It will never catch on though.

Maybe you've lived too long amongst the Jambos?

:greengrin

mjhibby
22-11-2010, 09:26 AM
I think a few folk need to calm downa nd remember we player for nearly half the inverness game with 10 men and stayed in the game whereas before we probably have lost 4 0 and folded.the team at least battled and while we can all see the shortcomings of the team the spirit has greatly improved.Also calderwood has had an incredibly hard run for a new manager starting with a team on such a bad run.Aberdeen away followed by the arabs hertz, rangers,well and inverness the last four of whom are 4 of the top 5 in the spl in case some people hadnt noticed.beating two of the top 4 is not bad and the next 5 games are on paper easier.
Calderwood has no quick fixes but as he says getting the basics right will improve the team and everything that could go wrong went wrong at inverness a ground we have a terrible record at anyway.Im much more positive than a lot of people and think gradual improvement will occur and look upwards in the league and no team,including hertz have impressed(apart from killie).Hertz are getting the breaks we did at this time last year with the og against celtic then the player sent off then the ridiculous pen against saints and then hamilton missing a pen and other chances.Anyone outside the old firm is capable of beating each other and any team could go on a run and rise quickly up the league.
I thimk we will be around 6th come january and with a couple of changes will hopefully see us push for 4th /5th.

truehibernian
22-11-2010, 10:22 AM
I think a few folk need to calm downa nd remember we player for nearly half the inverness game with 10 men and stayed in the game whereas before we probably have lost 4 0 and folded.the team at least battled and while we can all see the shortcomings of the team the spirit has greatly improved.Also calderwood has had an incredibly hard run for a new manager starting with a team on such a bad run.Aberdeen away followed by the arabs hertz, rangers,well and inverness the last four of whom are 4 of the top 5 in the spl in case some people hadnt noticed.beating two of the top 4 is not bad and the next 5 games are on paper easier.
Calderwood has no quick fixes but as he says getting the basics right will improve the team and everything that could go wrong went wrong at inverness a ground we have a terrible record at anyway.Im much more positive than a lot of people and think gradual improvement will occur and look upwards in the league and no team,including hertz have impressed(apart from killie).Hertz are getting the breaks we did at this time last year with the og against celtic then the player sent off then the ridiculous pen against saints and then hamilton missing a pen and other chances.Anyone outside the old firm is capable of beating each other and any team could go on a run and rise quickly up the league.
I thimk we will be around 6th come january and with a couple of changes will hopefully see us push for 4th /5th.

Pains me to say this but I think you are totally wrong re Hearts. Yes agreed they have had breaks in games, but Jeffries has put together a solid, balanced team, ideally suited to the rigours of SPL football.

His defence is settled and has a solid look, their clean sheet record shows this. Kello seems to have eradicated the errors he was making last season too.

Midfield they have balance. Strength and bite in Black, power in Skacel, pace in Templeton. Their goals are also being spread amongst the midfielders and attackers. At present our only genuine scoring threat is Derek. We don't have a threat in midfield each and every game.

Up front they have Kyle and Elliott who seem to compliment each other.

Dare I say also without Driver and Wallace for the most of the season.

They may be 3 or 4 times the amount of debt we have, but they have a team that is currently the same number of times better. :boo hoo::agree: A horrible thing to admit, but IMHO it's true at present.

CC will get it right though, I have absolutely no doubts in my mind. But only once this season is out the way and many of the current players are let go.

Broken Gnome
22-11-2010, 10:32 AM

It's crucial for money and, being selfish, the sanity and enjoyment of every season ticket holder. If results and performances remain just good enough to plod along in 8th-10th place, then you have the prospect of some fairly uninspiring Saturday afternoons and the club missing out on income because no one can be bothered shelling out 25 quid to go. Might be nothing concrete in what Hibs can achieve, but all games are still crucial; could be the difference between a decent new player or run of the mill rubbish.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2010, 01:25 PM
It's crucial for money and, being selfish, the sanity and enjoyment of every season ticket holder. If results and performances remain just good enough to plod along in 8th-10th place, then you have the prospect of some fairly uninspiring Saturday afternoons and the club missing out on income because no one can be bothered shelling out 25 quid to go. Might be nothing concrete in what Hibs can achieve, but all games are still crucial; could be the difference between a decent new player or run of the mill rubbish.

:agree:
Yip i suppose you are right, every game is crucial but some are more crucial than others. Now we have a decent draw in the cup, one we should win, we have a great chance to progress into the next round. We only play 5 games in the cup, and the prize money for getting to the end is huge. If we could get to the final, the money generated with that can also make a huge difference.

This is Hibs i suppose, and the cup so we shouldn't count on anything. :boo hoo:

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-11-2010, 01:53 PM
I don't buy into this building a team for next season nonsense.

Mixu's got a decent team at Killie - he never had to wait until next season AND he's got less resources, and he's a crap manager!

Craig Brown turned Motherwell's dismal start to last season around and got Motherwell
into Europe.

There should be no excuses aiming for 5th at the very least, IMO.