PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully we will learn from that.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Reading through the threads from today, is the same as every defeat. We all say it was crap/poor/pish Every excuse going. Then we all to a man say hopefully we will learn from that.

Anyone else sick to death of that phrase? I have come to the conclusion they are either thick or not very quick learners?:bitchy:

erskine-hibby
20-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Personally I hope they learn from every game. I'm pretty sure CC is learning a lot about his players:agree:.

matty_f
20-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Personally I hope they learn from every game. I'm pretty sure CC is learning a lot about his players:agree:.

I really hope he is, and I hope he is making notes against those that have contacts ending.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I really hope he is, and I hope he is making notes against those that have contacts ending.

:agree:

James70
20-11-2010, 05:35 PM
I will learn from that myself. Really thought we would get a draw at the very least today but hey, this is Hibs we're talking about. Best stick to predicting defeats so that every so often I get a pleasant surprise.

scoopyboy
20-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Reading through the threads from today, is the same as every defeat. We all say it was crap/poor/pish Every excuse going. Then we all to a man say hopefully we will learn from that.

Anyone else sick to death of that phrase? I have come to the conclusion they are either thick or not very quick learners?:bitchy:

It's always been said you learn more from a defeat than you do from a victory.

My take is that the vast majority of our players aren't good enough and as long as CC has learned from it then I can live with it.

The two wins I think got far too many people getting all Leeds United and thinking we were going to go on a long unbeaten run. That I'm afraid was never going to be the case.

Hopefully changes can be made in January but in all honesty how many clubs are going to want the players we want to get shot of.

Iain G
20-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Hopefully changes can be made in January but in all honesty how many clubs are going to want the players we want to get shot of.

Well that depends on who Yogi is managing come January :wink::greengrin

truehibernian
20-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Nish, Hogg, Smith, Stack, Stevenson, McCann, Hanlon :tin hat:

The above are the players who I would release/not offer contracts.

Fully appreciate young Paul will be contentious, however for me he is too slow, lacks presence, not great at reading the game and I just don't get the plaudits he seems to attract from pundits and some in the game. Stephens is a far, far better proposition and has better physical attributes to his game IMHO. I often think opposition sides make the most of Paul's physical weakness and lack of pace. I would be delighted to proved utterly wrong by him, but just can't see it.

And given CC has only been in the door for a month or so, it's clear he is learning all the time about the side, the mentality, the strengths/weaknesses. Surely now he can see we lack 1) pace 2) leaders and 3) getting someone to take responsibility to get the basics right.

I am still encouraged by CC and can see what he is trying to get the players to do. But he may have to put up with flogging certain dead horses until he can really start to build a team that is his own. More days like this will happen though with this team/squad.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2010, 05:48 PM
It's always been said you learn more from a defeat than you do from a victory.

My take is that the vast majority of our players aren't good enough and as long as CC has learned from it then I can live with it.

The two wins I think got far too many people getting all Leeds United and thinking we were going to go on a long unbeaten run. That I'm afraid was never going to be the case.

With the amount of loses our lot get, surely they should have learnt whats going wrong by now?:wink::boo hoo:

I agree, the vast majority are not good enough but its typical Hibs. They always seem to just do enough to stop total meltdown with the support.:yawn:

In my opinion its fantastic for CC that so many are out of contract, as there's only 3 i'd like to keep. Even if they all left, i still would not be that upset. The team needs an overhaul. Lets hope he can do it.:pray:

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 05:51 PM

I hope CC is learning too, all the previous managers since McLeish Learned Hee Haw.
We are always a soft touch and are out battled in Derby after Derby, Pish goalkeeper after Pish Goal Keeper, Lost cup games to lower league teams, an away record that would embarrass Hamilton, I could go on.

Yet Nish, Rankin, Hogg, and others kept their place week after week.

So lets hope CC is learning where others did not.

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2010, 06:08 PM

Is you trying to tell us all that you've finally gotten over...her, and moved on?

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Is you trying to tell us all that you've finally gotten over...her, and moved on?

:tee hee:

Alfred E Newman
20-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Nish, Hogg, Smith, Stack, Stevenson, McCann, Hanlon :tin hat:

The above are the players who I would release/not offer contracts.

Fully appreciate young Paul will be contentious, however for me he is too slow, lacks presence, not great at reading the game and I just don't get the plaudits he seems to attract from pundits and some in the game. Stephens is a far, far better proposition and has better physical attributes to his game IMHO. I often think opposition sides make the most of Paul's physical weakness and lack of pace. I would be delighted to proved utterly wrong by him, but just can't see it.

And given CC has only been in the door for a month or so, it's clear he is learning all the time about the side, the mentality, the strengths/weaknesses. Surely now he can see we lack 1) pace 2) leaders and 3) getting someone to take responsibility to get the basics right.

I am still encouraged by CC and can see what he is trying to get the players to do. But he may have to put up with flogging certain dead horses until he can really start to build a team that is his own. More days like this will happen though with this team/squad.

I too have serious doubts that Hanlon will make it in the top flight. He is surprisingly Scotlands under 21 captain but as a centre half would anyone rate him along with the likes of Berra, Kenneth etc. ? I don`t think so.

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I too have serious doubts that Hanlon will make it in the top flight. He is surprisingly Scotlands under 21 captain but as a centre half would anyone rate him along with the likes of Berra, Kenneth etc. ? I don`t think so.

Hanlon has stalled a bit, I still have high hopes for him and hope he can make it.
I do agree he is part of a very weak hibs defence and must improve but I think he can.

sesoim
20-11-2010, 07:59 PM

:agree: I feel as if we have been going around in circles for years, and it is starting to severly bore me. Hopefully CC is clever enough to cotton on that we will continually get beaten by inferior teams if we play the wrong way. But even if he DOES get it right, he will then leave to take another job and the next manager will start making the same mistakes as his predecessors. I'm starting to wonder if there is ANY point to all this :yawn:

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 08:08 PM
:agree: I feel as if we have been going around in circles for years, and it is starting to severly bore me. Hopefully CC is clever enough to cotton on that we will continually get beaten by inferior teams if we play the wrong way. But even if he DOES get it right, he will then leave to take another job and the next manager will start making the same mistakes as his predecessors. I'm starting to wonder if there is ANY point to all this :yawn:

I know what you mean. From 5 yr old to 25 yr old I had no doubt Hibs would win cups and probably the league. From 26 - 35 I thought okay not the league but we will be the best of the rest and win cups. 35 - 45 I appreciated the great players we had Suaze Latapy Brown Thomson Riordan O'Connor and loads more knowing it would not last.

45 -48 I hoped Hibs would kick on as we had a sound base, when the rest of SPL seemed to be struggling financially. I thought finally we will have a run of 3rds or at worst 4ths with cup runs.

Now I know we will ALWAYS be the BEST longterm underachiveviers in Scotland. :boo hoo:

FranckSuzy
20-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I know what you mean. From 5 yr old to 25 yr old I had no doubt Hibs would win cups and probably the league. From 26 - 35 I thought okay not the league but we will be the best of the rest and win cups. 35 - 45 I appreciated the great players we had Suaze Latapy Brown Thomson Riordan O'Connor and loads more knowing it would not last.

45 -48 I hoped Hibs would kick on as we had a sound base, when the rest of SPL seemed to be struggling financially. I thought finally we will have a run of 3rds or at worst 4ths with cup runs.

Now I know we will ALWAYS be the BEST longterm underachiviers in Scotland. :boo hoo:

Sounds like you need some of this :greengrin

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=293524144297&id=4aed45eed1634807c4dcd5f2a88b7b20&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.freakingnews.com%2fpictures%2 f42000%2fProzac-Pringles--42126.jpg

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Sounds like you need some of this :greengrin

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=293524144297&id=4aed45eed1634807c4dcd5f2a88b7b20&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.freakingnews.com%2fpictures%2 f42000%2fProzac-Pringles--42126.jpg

TOO LATE I am sad, old, lifelong Hibby there is no helping me.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
20-11-2010, 10:59 PM
It's got heehaw to do being thick or slow learners, it's just that the majority of them aren't very good.

With so many out of contract it' the perfect opportunity for an overhaul. With the stadium and training ground in place it's the perfect opportunity to
invest in some quality. However, with nobody to sell this year, and the wage to turnover ratio to be reduced, sadly I don't see it happening.

lyonhibs
20-11-2010, 11:08 PM

Now I know we will ALWAYS be the BEST longterm underachiveviers in Scotland. :boo hoo:

20 years of thinking Hibs would win cups and probably the league??? Christ, you were an optimist!!!

Maybe it's because my formative years were the arse end of the Miller reign, but the odd trip to Hampden and occassionally (:boo hoo:)beating the **** are as far as my ambitions have stretched since Sauzee et al left.

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 11:15 PM
20 years of thinking Hibs would win cups and probably the league??? Christ, you were an optimist!!!

Maybe it's because my formative years were the ares end of the Miller reign, but the odd trip to Hampden and occassionally (:boo hoo:)beating the **** are as far as my ambitions have stretched since Sauzee et al left.

The foolishness of Youth and Turnbull was the Manager

Pretty Boy
20-11-2010, 11:16 PM

I hate running down young Hibs players but i really don't get this love in some fans have with Paul Hanlon. He's not a particularly good football player, he's not strong(as Kyle showed when he bullied him for 90 mins), he's average in the air and he doesn't read the game all that well.

I think some fans are blinded by what they see as his his biggest 'attribute' and that is that he isn't Chris Hogg.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2010, 11:23 PM

I hate running down young Hibs players but i really don't get this love in some fans have with Paul Hanlon. He's not a particularly good football player, he's not strong(as Kyle showed when he bullied him for 90 mins), he's average in the air and he doesn't read the game all that well.

I think some fans are blinded by what they see as his his biggest 'attribute' and that is that he isn't Chris Hogg.

I have been impressed with Hanlon on ocassions, and others i have thought he's been very poor . I'm hoping its because he's still young, and he will get better with more games and experience.