Riordans Boots
20-11-2010, 05:37 PM
That is all folks.

8 attempts no wins

Awww behave. That's all.

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Awww behave. That's all.

Okay how would you describe our recoed at ICT ?

I am interested.

FOUR goals shipped today if you get beat okay but we have NEVER competed in Inverness let alone looked like winning.

The ICT team today may be there best yet but in the past ICT have been dire and we still lose.

It is without a doubt an attitude problem.
Will say it again Embarrassment :boo hoo:

Craig_in_Prague
20-11-2010, 05:44 PM
We're just unlucky we have loads of bogey teams and the SPL make us play away half the time.

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 05:48 PM
We're just unlucky we have loads of bogey teams and the SPL make us play away half the time.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:
Other teams try harder too very very unfair it is conspiricy.

Frazerbob
20-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Our record at ICT is nothing short of disgraceful. What is the point in having a "state of the art" training centre and a loveley (half empty) stadium when we can't beat a team with 1500 season ticket holders in 8 attempts.

Every player, coach, manager and board member who has contributed to that woeful record should be ashamed of themselves.

The only thing more embarassing is our Scottish Cup record.

And our Derby record.

I'm away to jump off the nearest bridge!

Riordans Boots
20-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Okay how would you describe our recoed at ICT ?

I am interested.

FOUR goals shipped today if you get beat okay but we have NEVER competed in Inverness let alone looked like winning.

The ICT team today may be there best yet but in the past ICT have been dire and we still lose.

It is without a doubt an attitude problem.
Will say it again Embarrassment :boo hoo:

I would describe our record as p!ss poor and we knew it was going to be a tough one as it always has been over the last 8 attempts.

However, I'm gutted at the score - even though I think Hibs played ok in the first half but I'm not totally surprised at the result.

I wasn't at the game - were you??

500miles
20-11-2010, 05:56 PM
We showed today that we had goals in us, even at 10 men. If Hanlon keeps his hands down, then we can still battle back.

However, pushing on to try and win the game, with ten men, against the speed that Inverness possess on the break, and you'll come up against problems.

I'm not too disheartened about today to be honest. Anyone who thought that we would turn it around instantly with a long, unbroken string of wins is a fool, and those getting upset with that reality is little better.

There are positives to take, as well as lessons, and we try and bounce back. A winning mentality is great, but fragile. A winners mentality will see you take the knocks and come back from it. We showed glimpses of that when we closed the gap twice with 10 men. If we can really attain it - the next step being 3 points against St. Johnston - then we establish a healthy and sturdy culture at the club.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2010, 06:00 PM
We showed today that we had goals in us, even at 10 men. If Hanlon keeps his hands down, then we can still battle back.

However, pushing on to try and win the game, with ten men, against the speed that Inverness possess on the break, and you'll come up against problems.

I'm not too disheartened about today to be honest. Anyone who thought that we would turn it around instantly with a long, unbroken string of wins is a fool, and those getting upset with that reality is little better.

There are positives to take, as well as lessons, and we try and bounce back. A winning mentality is great, but fragile. A winners mentality will see you take the knocks and come back from it. We showed glimpses of that when we closed the gap twice with 10 men. If we can really attain it - the next step being 3 points against St. Johnston - then we establish a healthy and sturdy culture at the club.

Not with the majority of this lot though.

Hibs Class
20-11-2010, 06:02 PM
That is all folks.

8 attempts no wins

Disagree. The derby was embarrassing, today was just disappointing.

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2010, 06:03 PM

Ah progress. :wink:

Bostonhibby
20-11-2010, 06:11 PM

:agree: The worst bit for me is that they nearly always score more goals than us as well, I have had enough of it and am thinking of writing an open letter, I just don't know where to send it.

Maybe Mr Romanov is right after all.

truehibernian
20-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I try to see the positive in defeats, and if anything, CC will be more clear in his head who stays and who goes. The minute I saw Trakys was injured and Nish was in, I have to be honest and say I expected the worst. Nothing against Nish but he is really not that very good and Derek seemed to get a right buzz playing alongside a striker who won everything, linked up well, and allowed Derek to do what he is good at. Listening today all Colin did was fall, foul and get it stuck in his feet as usual.

ICT play with 3 attacking forwards who are busy, full of pace, committed and play with good width. I saw at ER the way they play and it is a real team ethic there, all digging in for each other. Their forwards play knowing that they will score.

Good to see us fight back, maybe we will learn from it, and again CC's eyes will have been opened as to who stays and who goes. A set back for sure, but we have some good games coming up. Crucial we get Duffy fit and Zemmama returning without any set backs to his injury. Kurtis would help too.

With this squad, one which I still associate with Hughes, CC will have more days like this I'm afraid. The squad is not that good and the bench today showed the lack of depth. Keeping some kind of run going until Christmas is key and then hopefully in January we can see 2 or 3 additions. Genuine pace up front would be nice to see for a change as well :agree:

lucky
20-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Hibs battled well when we went down to 10 men. We were not that bad today. Things are improving

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 06:42 PM
I would describe our record as p!ss poor and we knew it was going to be a tough one as it always has been over the last 8 attempts.

However, I'm gutted at the score - even though I think Hibs played ok in the first half but I'm not totally surprised at the result.

I wasn't at the game - were you??

No I was not at the game and even with my limited intelligence I sussed you were not there either. Dont know how you thought they played well in 1st half according to BBC radio 3 or 4 nil at Ht would have been fair, Hibs had a lot of the ball and did nothing with it, ICT cut us open easily.

If you think no wins in 8 to an extremely average ICT team (not this season) is not down to attitude I worry for you.

P.S. I am not surprised by the result either. Hibs players attitude has stunk for years. We are a soft touch for any team away from home who show a bit of fight. We are weak as Pish if we go a goal down away from home.

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Hibs battled well when we went down to 10 men. We were not that bad today. Things are improving

What happened when we had 11 men :confused:
Second to every ball no cutting edge and easily brushed aside.

I was not there but that was the views of BBC commentator

lucky
20-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I was there and we did compete. They sat in and caught us in the break. I agree no wins up here is not good enough. But Hibs could easily got a point today.

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 06:55 PM
I was there and we did compete. They sat in and caught us in the break. I agree no wins up here is not good enough. But Hibs could easily got a point today.

Respect for going all that way. BUT I really think Hibs should be looking to beat ICT not with a bit of luck scrapping a point. Remember that is 8 attempts 2 points out of 24 :boo hoo:

scoopyboy
20-11-2010, 06:56 PM

What was your take on the penalty?

Did Hanlon deliberately handle it to prevent a goal?

Twa Cairpets
20-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Respect for going all that way. BUT I really think Hibs should be looking to beat ICT not with a bit of luck scrapping a point. Remember that is 8 attempts 2 points out of 24 :boo hoo:

Did someone from inverness once steal a girlfriend from you or something. You seem to be furiously and massively embarrased.

Hibs lose a game. Not a huge surprise. And records against individual teams over the years (with the exception of that run against the unmentionables), really don't matter a flying fig. Each is an individual match, with different players, management, conditions and relative form.

We lost, the new manager knows a bit more about his players, and we move on. That's all today means - its got sweet fa to do with training facilities, the stadium or anything else you want to irrationally shoehorn into your paroxysm of rage

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Did someone from inverness once steal a girlfriend from you or something. You seem to be furiously and massively embarrased.

Hibs lose a game. Not a huge surprise. And records against individual teams over the years (with the exception of that run against the unmentionables), really don't matter a flying fig. Each is an individual match, with different players, management, conditions and relative form.

We lost, the new manager knows a bit more about his players, and we move on. That's all today means - its got sweet fa to do with training facilities, the stadium or anything else you want to irrationally shoehorn into your paroxysm of rage

Sorry I upset you, :greengrin

Take a step away from the computer and stop hammering the keys.
I NEVER mentioned any of the above I think you may be too angry to read.

I said season after season we go to ICT we roll over they gubb us this is down to ATTITUDE not only of todays team but over a number of years and managers.

I think our record at ICT is EMBARRASSING if you think each result up there is an individual blip I think you are wrong.

Bishop Hibee
20-11-2010, 07:16 PM
That is all folks.

8 attempts no wins

Agree it's rotten but you could argue our record against most SPL teams away from home is poor.

What's the answer? Apart from wads of cash to buy superior players I don't know. I do know that last weeks performance v Motherwell was vastly superior to anything I've seen at home or on the televised away games this season. We'll probably lose as many as we win between now and the end of the season but at least I've hope we'll probably stay up! Something I didn't have after the derby.

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Agree it's rotten but you could argue our record against most SPL teams away from home is poor.

What's the answer? Apart from wads of cash to buy superior players I don't know. I do know that last weeks performance v Motherwell was vastly superior to anything I've seen at home or on the televised away games this season. We'll probably lose as many as we win between now and the end of the season but at least I've hope we'll probably stay up! Something I didn't have after the derby.

You are right of course but other than today we are talking about a very very average team in ICT and we have never looked like winning.

I once went a whole season watching Hibs away and we did not win away until the last game of the season. Miller was the manager

Twa Cairpets
20-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Sorry I upset you, :greengrin

Take a step away from the computer and stop hammering the keys.
I NEVER mentioned any of the above I think you may be too angry to read.

I said season after season we go to ICT we roll over they gubb us this is down to ATTITUDE not only of todays team but over a number of years and managers.

I think our record at ICT is EMBARRASSING if you think each result up there is an individual blip I think you are wrong.

Apologies, the bit about training ground etc was posted by Fraserbob not you.

Losing to Ross County in the Scottish and Morton in the League cup a year ago is embarrasing. Losing to another Premier League team (at this moment in time one who are far above us in the league) is not.

And you are, I believe, utterly wrong in the putting any importance on the run of results there. Against the OF (and maybe Hearts) mental attitude or, if you prefer, a winning mentality can have an impact, but the relevance of a fixture in Inverness 7 years ago is zero to the current squad, a fair number of whom will never have played for Hibs up there before today.

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Apologies, the bit about training ground etc was posted by Fraserbob not you.

Losing to Ross County in the Scottish and Morton in the League cup a year ago is embarrasing. Losing to another Premier League team (at this moment in time one who are far above us in the league) is not.

And you are, I believe, utterly wrong in the putting any importance on the run of results there. Against the OF (and maybe Hearts) mental attitude or, if you prefer, a winning mentality can have an impact, but the relevance of a fixture in Inverness 7 years ago is zero to the current squad, a fair number of whom will never have played for Hibs up there before today.

Okay.
However if consecutive Hibs teams with different players can go to ICT and roll over time after time imho we have a long term attitude problem atHFC.

I would hazzard a guess Deek has played in at least 6 of those games and a few of the current team in 3 or more games. ICT are playing very well but in past years thay have been poor yet we still fail I dont know why.

I think far too many players at HIBS are in a comfort zone, they are better than most players in the league but do not have the will or the heart to progress and push themselves to be better. Their slight skill advantage normally wins the day at home but away when they need heart and grit 4 out of 5 times we are found wanting. Not only this squad but 90% of Hibs teams since the 70's lack heart.

We have 2 types of players at Hibs those who are too good for our wage structure (sold on as soon as they show form) and those who think they are better than they are and are unable or unwilling to push themselves week after week.

That is the reason we always flatter to deceive. :boo hoo:

Alfred E Newman
20-11-2010, 08:01 PM

Oh well, I`ll sleep soundly tonight then.

jdships
20-11-2010, 08:02 PM
That's it guys keep the negativity going - just what we all need
:wink::boo hoo:

SouthamptonHibs
20-11-2010, 08:04 PM
We are a bottom 6 team at this moment in time, ICT are a top six team. I thnik we should be beating teams like ICT home and away but for some reason we cannae beat them, i can only think thats because they're better than us..
ICT have toiled to win a home game this season, Celtic,Hearts and Well have won up there recently, along comes the Hibees and boom there's yer 3pts Caley!

Hibs players have a word wi yerselfs. If it wasn't for motherwell we'd be bottom of the league....
Well must hate playing us as much as we hate playing ICT.

Roll on next week, super J's got a good 3pts up in aberdeen a place where we got pumped, it will be interesting to see the players response to the ICT defeat,

Must be a win next week, a draw is not good enough. 5pts of the bottom, 10pts away from europe, not all is lost...

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 08:05 PM
That's it guys keep the negativity going - just what we all need
:wink::boo hoo:

Great result today :top marks

In the past we have lost by 3 this real progress keep it going guys.

GREAT STUFF

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:
It was pish what is the point in hiding away.

Baldy Foghorn
20-11-2010, 08:14 PM

We were lucky to only be 1 down at half time, we were pretty average in first half.... Better second half showing, but some abysmal defending cost us dearly

Bishop Hibee
20-11-2010, 08:14 PM
You are right of course but other than today we are talking about a very very average team in ICT and we have never looked like winning.

I once went a whole season watching Hibs away and we did not win away until the last game of the season. Miller was the manager

I'd argue ICT are above average and we're below average although improving as far as the season has gone so far.

Any uberfan will surely prefer Season 90/91 when we didn't win away from home in the League at all. 18 games, 8 draws and 10 defeats. The game on 21st April 1991 away to St Johnstone remains the most boring game I have ever been to. The trip on the Shades bus however........:wink:

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd argue ICT are above average and we're below average although improving as far as the season has gone so far.

Any uberfan will surely prefer Season 90/91 when we didn't win away from home in the League at all. 18 games, 8 draws and 10 defeats. The game on 21st April 1991 away to St Johnstone remains the most boring game I have ever been to. The trip on the Shades bus however........:wink:

I was at every away game that season I thought we had won the last game.
That was a great season it may be because I was 20 years younger I think that. :greengrin

oconnors_strip
20-11-2010, 08:34 PM
What was your take on the penalty?

Did Hanlon deliberately handle it to prevent a goal?

as it happened up the other end of the pitch in a crowded box it was difficult to see but from paul's reaction he had no argument, he just walked straight off the pitch

sesoim
20-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I think if Trakys had been fit, we would have been best to play a 4-5-1 today like we did against Rangers. Unfortunately, Nish was involved, we played a 4-4-2, and played right into their hands by losing an early goal against them again. I don't care who the managers or players are though, Inverness are on a much smaller budget than Hibs and they continually beat us. That says to me that there is a severe attitude problem running through the club.

CC needs to get us going out every game with the same attitude we had against Rangers, ie, we have to concentrate, fight for every ball, and not waste any chances. If he can do that, and wheel and deal a bit in January, we can have a good second half of the season.

jackhfc
20-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Was difficult to pick out a man of the match for hibs (sadly not in the same context as ibrox), IMO probably would have to be Galbraith (who came on as a sub), won us the pen and didn't really put a foot wrong.

Bar Galbraiths performance, the only positive to take from this game was the support, never stopped singing all game, even more so after inverness kept scoring, plus all the people who were leaving early got a lot of stick , (rightly so IMO) :greengrin

Oh, and we might have found a natural penalty taker in Liam Miller :pray::thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 09:14 PM
100%... our record against Caley is putrid!
If Caley drop out of this league and we never get a chance to change the record books straight ..?? :grr:

Or we drop out :wink:

FranckSuzy
20-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Or we drop out :wink:

Aww, come one now. We'll all be needing this soon, never mind prozac!

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=310260072821&id=43c6230584f636563fcb085ac517f109&url=http%3a%2f%2ffc08.deviantart.net%2ffs43%2fi%2f 2009%2f065%2f4%2fe%2fMickey_Noose_by_freeny.jpg

Twa Cairpets
20-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Okay.
However if consecutive Hibs teams with different players can go to ICT and roll over time after time imho we have a long term attitude problem atHFC.

I would hazzard a guess Deek has played in at least 6 of those games and a few of the current team in 3 or more games. ICT are playing very well but in past years thay have been poor yet we still fail I dont know why.

I think far too many players at HIBS are in a comfort zone, they are better than most players in the league but do not have the will or the heart to progress and push themselves to be better. Their slight skill advantage normally wins the day at home but away when they need heart and grit 4 out of 5 times we are found wanting. Not only this squad but 90% of Hibs teams since the 70's lack heart.

We have 2 types of players at Hibs those who are too good for our wage structure (sold on as soon as they show form) and those who think they are better than they are and are unable or unwilling to push themselves week after week.

Flawed logic.

We've pumped three past the huns at Ibrox three times in roughly the same timescale we've not beaten ICT. Selective choosing of statistics is futile.

Its the same playground logic as if the Huns beat Man U then we would beat them too.

Baldy Foghorn
20-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Was difficult to pick out a man of the match for hibs (sadly not in the same context as ibrox), IMO probably would have to be Galbraith (who came on as a sub), won us the pen and didn't really put a foot wrong.

Bar Galbraiths performance, the only positive to take from this game was the support, never stopped singing all game, even more so after inverness kept scoring, plus all the people who were leaving early got a lot of stick , (rightly so IMO) :greengrin

Oh, and we might have found a natural penalty taker in Liam Miller :pray::thumbsup:

I actually thought support was poor, felt there was a poisonous atmosphere in places with pockets of drunks who had obviously been on sauce from early am.....

Not quite sure what the relevance was to singing the Mercer song, and Rudi Skacel is a refugee, but hey ho, I must be getting old and boring?

jackhfc
20-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I actually thought support was poor, felt there was a poisonous atmosphere in places with pockets of drunks who had obviously been on sauce from early am.....

Not quite sure what the relevance was to singing the Mercer song, and Rudi Skacel is a refugee, but hey ho, I must be getting old and boring?

I dunno where about you were sitting/standing, but where I was (top of the middle section) the atmosphere was mainly positive. Yeah think the Skacel/Mercer songs were just a bit of pished up banter lol. Even the Mikey Weir song was sung haha :greengrin

McKenzie
20-11-2010, 10:22 PM

wouldn't call it relevant but i would rather sing songs about our rivals, than stand/sit in a quiet stadium. to me that would be a more poisonous atmosphere for the players if it was silent

jackhfc
20-11-2010, 10:26 PM
wouldn't call it relevant but i would rather sing songs about our rivals, than stand/sit in a quiet stadium. to me that would be a more poisonous atmosphere for the players if it was silent

:agree:

down the slope
20-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I wonder what Rod thinks after another display like today ?.

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-11-2010, 10:48 PM
It is a strange one as every season (apart from maybe this one...) Hibs have played ICT, Hibs have finished top 6 and ICT have finished bottom 6, kinda proving we have a better team, but every season, with different players, different managers, we fail to win up there. :confused:

There has to be a psychological reason for this, it's not just coincidence, maybe like our Scottish Cup hoodoo, it's noted every time it comes around the players read too much into it...just IMHO of course. :greengrin

Albion Hibs
20-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Calling today embarrassing seems a little ridiculous. We scrapped a draw at home, and have never won there so why anyone would think we were going to turn up and walk away with three points is beyond me.

Our overall record is what it is. It is not an easy place to go and the start of this season aside they take a lot of there season tally from there home games, they also gave Celtic a pretty good game at home at the start of this season.

Today was not a great game, poor defending for the first goal, we kept ourselves in it but the double whammy of a pen and a sending off killed us. We fought well and had them rattled but were always liable to concede on the break.

I am putting it down to an unfortunate day at the office!

bighairyfaeleith
20-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Have we just won 2 of our last 3 games?

****s sake, time to throw our season tickets on the pitches

Sammy7nil
20-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Calling today embarrassing seems a little ridiculous. We scrapped a draw at home, and have never won there so why anyone would think we were going to turn up and walk away with three points is beyond me.

Our overall record is what it is. It is not an easy place to go and the start of this season aside they take a lot of there season tally from there home games, they also gave Celtic a pretty good game at home at the start of this season.

Today was not a great game, poor defending for the first goal, we kept ourselves in it but the double whammy of a pen and a sending off killed us. We fought well and had them rattled but were always liable to concede on the break.

I am putting it down to an unfortunate day at the office!

If you read the post it is our overall record that is embarrassing. No one said we had a right to win today.

However it was not a bad day at the office this is your box standard Hibs performance in the Highlands. In fact it is a normal away performance.

"Had them rattled" :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin for 15 seconds :agree: other than that the result was NEVER in doubt and we were lucky to concede only 4 if the the commentator was correct.

marinello59
20-11-2010, 11:41 PM

It's just not the same with these new plastic things. Even burning them doesn't give the same satisfaction. Bring back the paper season books.:soapbox:

BroxburnHibee
20-11-2010, 11:46 PM
It's just not the same with these new plastic things. Even burning them doesn't give the same satisfaction. Bring back the paper season books.:soapbox:

Exactly - yet another thing Hibs have got wrong this season.

No way I can get it on the pitch from my seat. Believe me I've tried :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
20-11-2010, 11:48 PM

Yep And I am too old And sensible to even get any use out of them with my old mate charlie. Life sucks:boo hoo:

Riordans Boots
20-11-2010, 11:50 PM

Albion Hibs
20-11-2010, 11:54 PM
If you read the post it is our overall record that is embarrassing. No said we had a right to win today.

However it was not a bad day at the office this is your box standard Hibs performance in the Highlands. In fact it is a normal away performance.

"Had them rattled" :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin for 15 seconds :agree: other than that the result was NEVER in doubt and we were lucky to concede only 4 if the the commentator was correct.

I am aware of what the thread says, alas I referred to our overall record. The fact that you think it is embarrassing that we have this record shows you have an expectation that we have a right to win.

With regards to your comments in relation to bad day and not having them rattled I will ignore them on the basis I am assuming you were not at the game, therefore pretty farcical that you seem to think your view is so cast in stone.

TrickyNicky
21-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Have we just won 2 of our last 3 games?

I think a severe reality check is in order here!

This is a club in a toon that is home to the most mythical monster on planet Earth !

If they can hide a secret like this then surely the secret to constantly beating Hibs must be well within their ability !

Sammy7nil
21-11-2010, 12:05 AM
I am aware of what the thread says, alas I referred to our overall record. The fact that you think it is embarrassing that we have this record shows you have an expectation that we have a right to win.

With regards to your comments in relation to bad day and not having them rattled I will ignore them on the basis I am assuming you were not at the game, therefore pretty farcical that you seem to think your view is so cast in stone.

Sorry to have upset you :boo hoo:
How dare I comment on a game I was not at silly me. I will write to the BBC as both radio commentators must have been watching the wrong game. However the fact ICT scored four and Brown was maybe Hibs MOM gives me the feeling they may have got it right.

ICT have up until now been a bottom 6 club in all the time they have been in the SPL. Often fighting and losing the fight against relagation. Hibs have now played them 8 times there and NEVER looked like winning.

Now I dont know what your expectations are for Hibs but as you made the long journey up I will guess you think we should be in with a wee chance of beating them. Not doing so in 8 attempts is in your opinion what ?
A. What we should expect ?
B. Unlucky ?
C. Embarrassing ?

Riordans Boots
21-11-2010, 12:09 AM
How dare I comment on a game I was not at silly me. I will write to the BBC as both radio commentators must have been watching the wrong game. However the fact ICT scored four and Brown was maybe Hibs MOM gives me the feeling they may have got it right.

ICT have up until now been a bottom 6 club in all the time they have been in the SPL. Often fighting and losing the fight against relagation. Hibs have now played them 8 times there and NEVER looked like winning.

Now I dont know what your expectations are for Hibs but as you made the long journey up I will guess you think we should be in with a wee chance of beating them. Not doing so in 8 attempts is in your opinion what ?
B. Unlucky ?
C. Embarrassing ?

Goin gee it a rest :yawn:

Sammy7nil
21-11-2010, 12:11 AM

Sorry mate thought the whole point of this form was to chat and respond to threads. Something else I have got wrong !!

Sammy7nil
21-11-2010, 12:14 AM

P.S. If you are unhappy or are bored you could just ignore it :wink:

new malkyhib
21-11-2010, 12:14 AM
I wonder what Rod thinks after another display like today ?.

...careful - don't dare question Rod on here, on Hibs.net he can do no wrong

Albion Hibs
21-11-2010, 12:16 AM

B. Unlucky ?
C. Embarrassing ?

Again, I will refer you to my original post, in which, I was very clear that I felt the penalty at the start of the 2nd half killed us, therefore I will go for option B.

It is very easy to read teletext, the internet and make up a view on what actually happened, that was of course my point.

To be clear we started the game well, gave away a cheap early goal and then allowed ICT to come into the game, granted they had 1 or 2 chances before half time, but our keeper did his job, I dont think that is a big deal. We got to HT 1 goal down, still very much in the game. But giving away a penalty and going down to 10 men was the end of the game. We fought hard with 10 and got a couple of goals, unfortunately leaving ourselves short at the back.

I dont see how scoring two goals with 10 men is embarrassing.

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Running round Hampden with the Scottish Cup seems a more likely scenario than winning a League game at Inverness. Yes, our record there is poor and even if we'd won today it would still be poor.

Today's result confirmed that we need more strength, pace and width in the team. I'm sure CC has seen this and I would expect a major clear out over the next year, with some strategic incomings to address those problem areas.

But let's leave the mass suicides till after the New Year.

Sammy7nil
21-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Again, I will refer you to my original post, in which, I was very clear that I felt the penalty at the start of the 2nd half killed us, therefore I will go for option B.

It is very easy to read teletext, the internet and make up a view on what actually happened, that was of course my point.

To be clear we started the game well, gave away a cheap early goal and then allowed ICT to come into the game, granted they had 1 or 2 chances before half time, but our keeper did his job, I dont think that is a big deal. We got to HT 1 goal down, still very much in the game. But giving away a penalty and going down to 10 men was the end of the game. We fought hard with 10 and got a couple of goals, unfortunately leaving ourselves short at the back.

I dont see how scoring two goals with 10 men is embarrassing.

Again you failed to read the post I said in our EIGHT games there not only today.

P.S. we have not been Unlucky 8 times

marinello59
21-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Running round Hampden with the Scottish Cup seems a more likely scenario than winning a League game at Inverness. Yes, our record there is poor and even if we'd won today it would still be poor.

Today's result confirmed that we need more strength, pace and width in the team. I'm sure CC has seen this and I would expect a major clear out over the next year, with some strategic incomings to address those problem areas.

But let's leave the mass suicides till after the New Year.

Thankfully I won't be around to witness the home fans at Inverness greeting us with their 108 years without a win banners. :agree:

new malkyhib
21-11-2010, 12:20 AM
But let's leave the mass suicides till after the New Year.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Let's put it down to another season "in transition" and celebrate avoiding relegation as some kind of measure of "success".

Meantime that mob across the town keep on winning, but then they're only a week away from going bust eh?

Albion Hibs
21-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Again you failed to read the post I said in our EIGHT games there not only today.

P.S. we have not been Unlucky 8 times

No I would still not describe it as embarrassing. Lets just say we have different views on Hibs. I do not have the view that we should automatically be beating this team, that team, the next team - you clearly do, thats your view and I am totally fine with it.

But in all honesty after watching the last three games to have a go at the team for not correcting this "embarrassment" of a record, is nothing short of embarrassing.

delbert
21-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Unfortunately we probably wont get a chance this season to lay this bogey to rest, because I believe we will probably finish bottom 6 (I reckon 7th), and I think ICT may well scrap it out to take the place above us. However, I also think it is results like this which will definitely shape the way CC sees this team going, and I believe that for many its games like this which will seal their fate. Nish for instance, with Trakys out and having done well in the previous 2 games needed a big performance, it did'nt happen, and it is highlighted more by what did happen when he wasnt playing.

Honestly believe that results like this, whilst massively disappointing, will result in a number of players in and out in January, and also next summer. And although it was'nt exactly a secret, I did mention last week that Griffiths or Rooney or both would be a huge step in the right direction, I would just love to see one of these guys on a pre-contract come January. However, I also believe we will still see a couple signed at the back and hopefully a real fighter for midfield. Shipping 4 at Aberdeen and at Inverness is embarrassing, especially at Pittodrie, but I think we have a manager who is already trying to address some of the problems he has inherited, but its not easy with the same players, some of whom still dont seem to realise that they are currently playing for the biggest club that they will attain throughout their entire careers - but they will come January!

Pete
21-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Our record in the highlands is embarrassing...I'll give the OP that.

However, I'm willing to write today off and look forward to the reformation that I hope Colin will bring.

I reckon that after the sending off that human emotions and doubts kicked in with the players. They know about the record up there and even though location shouldn't determine the outcome of a football match maybe all the preperation and prior thoughts went out the window after the sending off. They're only human beings and they are relatively young human beings at that even though they are professionals.
This "hoodoo" is well known amongst fans and it therefore must be in the back of the players minds.

I feel slightly underqualified to give an opinion on this as I don't normally attend away games, let alone ones at inverness, but I think it's too early to judge this new set up on such a game.

This shouldn't take anything away from the positive vibe felt from the victories before this game.

If CC can get the formula right then they will be like any other team. We can go there and win if we really want and geography wont be an issue.

We're still learning to crawl.

hibee4life1983
It will all come good, ive watched worse hibs teams and its definatly an attitude problem, i cant wait until cc can bring in a few fresh faces with abillity in january, its a pity some of the 16 players out of contract at the end of the season dont realise there close to having a shoddy career after the chance they have squanderd at us, maybe someone should remind them. Im positive it will all come good though. GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
Unfortunately we probably wont get a chance this season to lay this bogey to rest, because I believe we will probably finish bottom 6 (I reckon 7th), and I think ICT may well scrap it out to take the place above us. However, I also think it is results like this which will definitely shape the way CC sees this team going, and I believe that for many its games like this which will seal their fate. Nish for instance, with Trakys out and having done well in the previous 2 games needed a big performance, it did'nt happen, and it is highlighted more by what did happen when he wasnt playing.

Honestly believe that results like this, whilst massively disappointing, will result in a number of players in and out in January, and also next summer. And although it was'nt exactly a secret, I did mention last week that Griffiths or Rooney or both would be a huge step in the right direction, I would just love to see one of these guys on a pre-contract come January. However, I also believe we will still see a couple signed at the back and hopefully a real fighter for midfield. Shipping 4 at Aberdeen and at Inverness is embarrassing, especially at Pittodrie, but I think we have a manager who is already trying to address some of the problems he has inherited, but its not easy with the same players, some of whom still dont seem to realise that they are currently playing for the biggest club that they will attain throughout their entire careers - but they will come January!

Sammy7nil
21-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Cheers Albion

We will just have to agree to disagree but again you come back to today. The thread is about 8 games not one. We have gone there with far better teams and they have had far worse teams our record there is woeful.

I dont know what you expect of Hibs but what I expect is

1.Top 6 EVERY year
2.Fighting for 3 and 4th very regularly.
3. Win or drawing most games home out side of OF and losing only a few.
4.Competing with all teams out side the OF away from home and having our fair share of wins.
5.Beat the Old Firm hopefully once a season at home and shock them away from home now and again.
6. Win cup ties against lower league teams 90% of the time.
7. Win more cup ties than we lose against the rest of the Spl outwith OF especially home ties.

Not too unrelistic I think considering the footing Hibs are on and then comparring that with the rest of Scottish Football.

RickyS
21-11-2010, 12:48 AM

great point, had the same argument with my uncle tonight, he is a Rankin sympathiser and a Nish fan but I asked him tonight with the exception of Miller and Deek how many of the out of contract players will go to bigger and better things? not a chance I told him which is why it will be difficult to move these guys in january as they won't take a drop in wages until its absolutely necessary. I think we are stuck with them for the season which ties CC's hands with the numbers he can bring in. Frightening to think that they are not only trying to impress a new gaffer but are playing for new deals!

Albion Hibs
21-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Cheers Albion

We will just have to agree to disagree but again you come back to today. The thread is about 8 games not one. We have gone there with far better teams and they have had far worse teams our record there is woeful.

I dont know what you expect of Hibs but what I expect is

1.Top 6 EVERY year
2.Fighting for 3 and 4th very regularly.
3. Win or drawing most games home out side of OF and losing only a few.
4.Competing with all teams out side the OF away from home and having our fair share of wins.
5.Beat the Old Firm hopefully once a season at home and shock them away from home now and again.
6. Win cup ties against lower league teams 90% of the time.
7. Win more cup ties than we lose against the rest of the Spl outwith OF especially home ties.

Not too unrelistic I think considering the footing Hibs are on and then comparring that with the rest of Scottish Football.

Happy to agree to disagree.

hibees707070
21-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Hibs were pish the day didn't compete at all! Got ourselves back in the game twice and then blew it! Got to say nish was an absolute disgrace today half the time didn't even try and win a header, surely cc can see that he is not good enough(1st division player at best)need trakys back asap. Anyway good support and good atmosphere just a shame the team were not up to it!

stoneyburn hibs
21-11-2010, 01:34 AM
:top marks
Okay.

Riordans Boots
21-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Am so glad my bar is still open here :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
21-11-2010, 04:24 AM
We have done really bad (!) in the highlands, yes. Thought we played Ok today though, best I have seen us play in Inverness. I usually go home from Inverness angry, though today was happy with the effort and play. We will beat most teams playing like that.

Lucius Apuleius
21-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Never felt embarrassed by Hibernian Football Club in my life.

cad
21-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Okay.

:top marks

How do you flatter to deceive / underachieve for 40 years ,
something no right they're

I think we've just been kidded on and got used to it :boo hoo:

Having said that 40 years ,having a greet and a few beers before and after the game and nae shopping to boot s ,no to be sniffed at for £400 a season likes

Come Jan, Col & Deek will have us on the road to recovery and back up the league top6 I tell ye , heard it here first :agree:

GGTTH

ahibby
21-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Our record anywhere north of Edinburgh isn't all that great. Look at our results in Perth for example. We will be work in progress under CC so good luck to him. We are certainly no worse than we would have been under previous managers. I think Mixu got a draw in Inverness (or was it JC) in a game we could have won so our time will come, hopefully under CC.