PDA

View Full Version : Booth back in Jan?

number9dream
19-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Hibs have given Brechin permission to field Ewan Moyes tomorrow but not Callum Booth...

.Sean.
19-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Hibs have given Brechin permission to field Ewan Moyes tomorrow but not Callum Booth...
I'm led to believe he'll be back in January. Not playing tomorrow as Hibs don't want to cup-tie him.

James70
19-11-2010, 04:43 PM
We are short of left backs but are well covered in central defence. Grounds will be away again in January so it is quite logical to ensure Booth isn't cup tied. Doesn't mean to say he will step right into the team though.

Mikey
19-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Booth has got a great chance of getting himself into the team very quickly when he returns.

If Grounds can hold down a place, so can he.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Booth has got a great chance of getting himself into the team very quickly when he returns.

If Grounds can hold down a place, so can he.

I have seen him a few times while has been out on loan. Last two times he was truly awful and one game for Arbroath he just looked out of his depth. Don't deny that he is a prospect, but he is a country mile away from our first eleven just now.

BEEJ
19-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I have seen him a few times while has been out on loan. Last two times he was truly awful and one game for Arbroath he just looked out of his depth. Don't deny that he is a prospect, but he is a country mile away from our first eleven just now.
Those that watch that division on a regular basis appear to take a different view.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
19-11-2010, 08:32 PM
With the exception of Wotherspoon, Booth is the only one from the double
winning 19's who has a chance IMO. Good player, think I'm right in saying he is a bit younger than Wotherspoon although they played in the same
19's team?

Badge
19-11-2010, 08:34 PM
winning 19's who has a chance IMO. Good player, think I'm right in saying he is a bit younger than Wotherspoon although they played in the same
19's team?
Welsh has got a good chance if he gets over his injury problem.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
19-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Welsh has got a good chance if he gets over his injury problem.

Right enough, had forgot about him just with him being out. He looked decent when I saw him down at Queen of the South in pre season. Don't think he has long left on his deal, sure he just got six months in the summer after being out last year.

oconnors_strip
19-11-2010, 08:45 PM
19's team?

boothy will be 20 next year, wotherspoon turns 21 in january.

ozzie
19-11-2010, 09:05 PM
anyone know if byrne is being allowed to play tomorrow?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Those that watch that division on a regular basis appear to take a different view.

:agree: Won young player of the month a while back

heretoday
19-11-2010, 09:31 PM
"He's coming home, he's coming home. Booth is coming home...":greengrin

sam armstrong
19-11-2010, 09:54 PM
We are short of left backs but are well covered in central defence. Grounds will be away again in January so it is quite logical to ensure Booth isn't cup tied. Doesn't mean to say he will step right into the team though.

He hasn't been playing left back. Cook plays left back with Booth playing wide left in midfield.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Just so I can square this up, you are saying that those that watch Div 2 or Div 3 regularly can look at a player and make an informed opinion that the player would be able to play at a level of levels, above the level that they watch? That doesn't make sense. That would be like me saying that Riordan can play in the EPL. I know he is decent at our level, but as I watch SPL and not EPL, my opinion is not informed.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
19-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Just so I can square this up, you are saying that those that watch Div 2 or Div 3 regularly can look at a player and make an informed opinion that the player would be able to play at a level of levels, above the level that they watch? That doesn't make sense. That would be like me saying that Riordan can play in the EPL. I know he is decent at our level, but as I watch SPL and not EPL, my opinion is not informed.

What the guy said was that foke watching that level seem to think Booth is a prospect. You mention Riordan, was it no with the mighty Cowdenbeath he scored his first goals?

Mibbes Aye
19-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Those that watch Div 2 or Div 3 regularly can look at a player and make an informed opinion that the player would be able to play at a level of levels, above the level that they watch? That doesn't make sense....

Seems fair enough......

I'm confused now. It's okay to say you've seen him playing at a lower level and he's not good enough for SPL, but it's wrong to say you you've seen him at a lower level and he is good enough for SPL!

Have I got you right?

Regardless, one thing's for sure. Players get found out. You can be great in the age groups, outstanding even. When it comes to playing SFL football on loan, or if you're very lucky, SPL with Hibs, it's a different matter though. To even get close to playing senior football on anything more than a couple of occasions means you're actually half-decent.

To even dream about making a career out of it at a decent level takes far, far more.

Booth has a long, long way to go if he is to do that but having seen him play on a number of occasions, he certainly looks to have the technique to go on and make a name for himself. He's done very well playing for the age groups and he's done very well playing senior football at a lower level.

We've seen players who look as good as him make it this far and not go further. Got to hope he can build on what he's got and what he's achieved so far.

BEEJ
20-11-2010, 12:01 AM
No, the point is that you are describing him as 'truly awful' and 'out of his depth' even at that level - and this on the strength of three games that you've watched.

Yet he rarely misses a match for Brechin when fit, wins Young Player of the Month Award recently, gets selected for the U-21s this week for the first time...

Clearly a number of folks in the profession who are involved in the game at that level take a different view from yours.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-11-2010, 12:55 AM

Potter spotted Swanson and Conway.

We are discussing a player schooled at Hibernian, in the same way that Brown, O'Conner, Riordan, Thomson and Whittaker were?

He might just make it...