PDA

View Full Version : FIFA bans, fines two executive committee members

Jack
19-11-2010, 01:14 PM
IIRC the alleged crooks had been offered bribes of $500,000. FIFA have really shown the grit with a fine of £6,329. The banning orders will also really have them quaking in their boots.

I appreciate the didn’t actually receive the $500k but your not telling me this fine is going to make a dent in their pockets or put future bribeees off accepting ‘donations’.

Fe ckless* Incompetent Feeble, A total waste of time :bitchy:

(Reuters) - Two FIFA executive committee members were banned and fined on Thursday, one for bribery, over allegations they had offered to sell their votes in the contest to host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Four other officials were also banned and fined in an unprecedented move by soccer's world governing body, which has been shaken by the case and is under huge pressure to show that the contest will be clean and transparent.

Nigerian Amos Adamu was banned from all-soccer related activities for three years and fined 10,000 Swiss francs (£6,329) for breaches of five articles of FIFA's ethics code including one on bribery.

His fellow executive committee member Reynald Temarii of Tahiti, president of the Oceania Football Confederation, was banned for one year and fined 5,000 Swiss francs for breaching articles on general conduct and loyalty.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE6AH1Z220101118?feedType=nl&feedName=uktopnewsearly (http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE6AH1Z220101118?feedType=nl&feedName=uktopnewsearly)

Fec kless is an actual work and **** all to do with **** :greengrin

bawheid
19-11-2010, 01:49 PM
What's worse is the England bid team's snivelling and grovelling to FIFA and trying to distance themselves from the UK media.

There are clearly issues with corruption inside FIFA's executive committee. These have been exposed. Good, you would have thought...

If FIFA turn down England's bid due to the investigative journalism of the British media, then it merely proves that they actually are corrupt.

Hibs Class
19-11-2010, 09:00 PM
I was surprised at this, having thought a lifetime ban could be the only reasonable penalty for such dishonesty, but then remembered it was FIFA