PDA

View Full Version : And so it goes on...

HibeePaj
18-11-2010, 10:29 PM
John Reid jumping on the huddy bandwagon..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9206945.stm

marinello59
18-11-2010, 10:33 PM
So the paranoid everybody is against us mentality does come from the top. He should stand alongside Lennon charged with bringing the game in to disrepute.

Harpandcastle
18-11-2010, 10:45 PM
A poltician calling for someone to be sacked for lying, the hypocrisy is staggering.

Sir David Gray
18-11-2010, 10:47 PM
I really wish they would change the record.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-11-2010, 10:52 PM
A wee bit of context here maybe. Whereas followers of Celtc have contempt for the SFA due to institutional paranoia, contempt for Rangers and all things " establishment" because this is the uncomfortable other side of the coin that defines them, the worst wrath is spared for the Rt.Hon. John Reid who is utterly despised inside and out by the rank and file Tim Malloy that makes up the home support. So any opportunity to cosy up to them is accepted with relish. If next week, it was to put this referee nonsense in the bin and concentrate on football, he would be 100% behind that. The professional politican beilieves in whatever will earn them most political capital. They don't really believe in what they believe in.They deserve each other.

Greentinted
18-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Its become very silly and tiresome now, they need to shut their collective pus and get on with it like the rest of us. Their self-humiliation is exponentially growing in chorus to the groans of exasperation from normal, right thinking football people.

Celtc FC: Paranoid, deluded and bereft of class since 1888!

Toaods
18-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I agree MacDonald should be forced to resign for lying and cheating in an attempt to manipulate a decision............but only after Lennon and all the other coniving gits(particularly Mr 'Diving Flea' Maloney) at Celtic FC who do the same every week have done so first

silverhibee
18-11-2010, 11:41 PM
John Reid jumping on the huddy bandwagon..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9206945.stm

Maybe Reid saying these things as there will be no comeback on him after he steps down as celtc chairman sometime next week.
Can you imagine RP coming away with that crap, the SFA would would hammer Hibs, docked points, massive fine and our manager sitting in the stand for the rest of the season would be just some of the punishments Hibs would get.

Removed
18-11-2010, 11:49 PM
I honestly cannot believe that article :crazy:

Disrepute charge would only be the start for me.

And Pete Wishart, another :asshole:

Despite this, Wishart does not doubt that referees in Scotland officiate fairly and without prejudice.
"I think Scottish referees conduct their business with the utmost and absolute integrity," added the MP for Perth and North Perthshire.

So if they officiate with integrity what purpose does any declaration add :confused:

This country is going mad

greenlex
19-11-2010, 01:10 AM
All this pish from an incident thecoffucials ultimately got right. ****in unbeleivable.

Matty_Jack04
19-11-2010, 06:02 AM
the real sad thing from all this is that no referee will ever 'change' his decision again, the fact that mcdonald actually showed alot of bottle doing what he done which was the correct thing to do has gone completly unnoticed because it was against celtic fc, who in there right mind would jepordise there job to do the same again now? We now will have to settle for spur of the moment decisions more open to human error because lennon and his cronies have made it impossible for a referee to take his time and make the correct decision.

Jones28
19-11-2010, 07:16 AM
how on earth do Celtic think they can get away with saying all this and escaping punishment? The SFA should stick up for their own (ie referees) and make an example of them :agree:

HibeePaj
19-11-2010, 07:34 AM
pathetic and embarrassing now.

This is not over a 'wrong' decision, this is over a 'white lie' about a correct decision. IT IS LUDICROUS!

Referees are lied to every week by players AND managers!

''thats a penalty ref'' ''i didn't touch him ref'' ''he got the ball ref''

bighairyfaeleith
19-11-2010, 07:40 AM

This is not over a 'wrong' decision, this is over a 'white lie' about a correct decision. IT IS LUDICROUS!

Exactly, celtic, mainly lennon, tried to harass the ref into an explanation and he panicked and made a balls of it. I don't like refs but this is not the issue to be having a fight with them over.

If we have no refs, we have no game.

hibsbollah
19-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Reid was one of Blair's cabinet who could be trusted to justify the lies around the Iraq war right to the end. He was bashing the TV studios when even the most myopic Blair-ite was ashamed. One thing about him though, from his earliest days with the Communist Party through New Labour to Celtc FC, he knows how to toe a party line and construct a brand image. He's the official spokesman for 'Conspiracy FC'.

And his hypocrisy is incredible.

McD
19-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Apart from the fact that this is a total nonsense and typical celtc paranoia, why the **** is the article captioned with a picture of Dougie McDonald and Hibs players?!!!!

I'm quite sure there are plenty pictures to be found with him and celtc players, this has **** all to do with us.

PaulSmith
19-11-2010, 08:07 AM
I agree MacDonald should be forced to resign for lying and cheating in an attempt to manipulate a decision............but only after Lennon and all the other coniving gits(particularly Mr 'Diving Flea' Maloney) at Celtic FC who do the same every week have done so first

Where did MacDonald cheat? He made a mistake in giving the penalty, puts his hands up and clearly sayed 'my fault, my mistake and its a drop ball'. How many other referee's in the SPL would have the courage to do that in a game involving the OF?

IMO he lied to cover up the incompetence of the linesman, that was is only fault.

johnrebus
19-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Hate to say it, but if it was the Mad Russian coming out with this pish then the SFA would already be building the gallows.......,

:taxi

JimBHibees
19-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Absolutely incredible that Reid the professional shyster can come up with this nonsense. McDonald got the incident right, let it go FFS.

Reid and Lennon a partnership of classlessness.

Celtc, Reid and Lennon should be hammered for this however will hold my breathe on that one.

s.a.m
19-11-2010, 09:18 AM
the real sad thing from all this is that no referee will ever 'change' his decision again, the fact that mcdonald actually showed alot of bottle doing what he done which was the correct thing to do has gone completly unnoticed because it was against celtic fc, who in there right mind would jepordise there job to do the same again now? We now will have to settle for spur of the moment decisions more open to human error because lennon and his cronies have made it impossible for a referee to take his time and make the correct decision.

Completely agree. The correct thing happened on the pitch. (It p****s me off more that the officials felt they needed to 'tidy up' the paperwork afterwards to justify the correct course of action at the time. ) A ridiculous lack of perspective (which I am sure has been a surprise to all of us :rolleyes:) from Celtic.

jdships
19-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Hate to say it, but if it was the Mad Russian coming out with this pish then the SFA would already be building the gallows.......,

That was my thought's when I read the newspaper report this morning.
As we all know to our cost over the years , with his involvement with Blair , Reid is a proven liar and a hypocrite which makes it worse.
Will the SFA face up to Reid/Lennon/Celtic ?
Wouldn't put "your money" on it !!
As a young player back in the early '50s we had a notice in our dressing room ahich said

"ALWAYS SHOW RESPECT TO THE REFEREE - WITHOUT HIM WE DO NOT HAVE A GAME "

:agree:

Liberal Hibby
19-11-2010, 09:35 AM
This would be laughable if it wasn't so threatening:

"We're not asking for special treatment, but neither will we be treated as less than anyone else," he said. "Those days are gone."

The idea that Celtc have up until the last couple of months have been downtrodden because of their religion/heritage is utter nonsense and this sort of playing to the gallery by a former Home Secretary (albeit an appallingly authoritarian and useless one) is extremely foolish.

So the next time a mob of unwashed turn up outside an official's house after an infirm game - one assume Mr Reid will support them? The man is an utter gob*****.

JimBHibees
19-11-2010, 09:57 AM

"We're not asking for special treatment, but neither will we be treated as less than anyone else," he said. "Those days are gone."

The idea that Celtc have up until the last couple of months have been downtrodden because of their religion/heritage is utter nonsense and this sort of playing to the gallery by a former Home Secretary (albeit an appallingly authoritarian and useless one) is extremely foolish.

So the next time a mob of unwashed turn up outside an official's house after an infirm game - one assume Mr Reid will support them? The man is an utter gob*****.

Completely agree and the fact that Reid decided to say this at a shareholders meeting no doubt to get a populist round of applause it IMO is pandering to the idiots big time. A disgraceful way to go about your business.

CallumLaidlaw
19-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I think a nice -
"Celtc FC : It's a conspiracy since 1888"
Banner at the next game would go nicely

Sir David Gray
19-11-2010, 10:20 AM

Completely agree and the fact that Reid decided to say this at a shareholders meeting no doubt to get a populist round of applause it IMO is pandering to the idiots big time. A disgraceful way to go about your business.

That's the bit that really angered me.

The idea that Celtic FC is, in any way, shape or form, persecuted by the authorities and that they have some sinister agenda against them is seriously warped. As far as Scottish football is concerned, they have become every bit as part of the "establishment" as Rangers.

This is disgusting behaviour by a former UK cabinet minister. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with trying to keep in with the masses who utterly despise him because of his former job with the UK Government? There's nothing quite like fanning the flames of paranoia.

Kaiser1962
19-11-2010, 02:12 PM

Maybe Maloney and Hooper trip over Iraqi weapons of mass destruction and John Reids actually found them like he said he would all along.

weecounty hibby
19-11-2010, 02:45 PM
If you look at their list of trophies it is completely inconceivable that they have been persecuted against in any way, shape or form.

I honestly believe that this is a Celtic Football Club strategy that they are building up a head of steam about to try to force the issue of playing outwith Scotland. They have their manager, players and now the chairman openly slating refs /SFA at press conferences. They will keep on going on about this type of thing in the hope that UEFA and FIFA will take up their case that it is impossible to play in Scotland due to this bias against them. If only they could see that they are a total embarrasment and really are making tits of themselves

Sir David Gray
19-11-2010, 03:32 PM
If you look at their list of trophies it is completely inconceivable that they have been persecuted against in any way, shape or form.

I honestly believe that this is a Celtic Football Club strategy that they are building up a head of steam about to try to force the issue of playing outwith Scotland. They have their manager, players and now the chairman openly slating refs /SFA at press conferences. They will keep on going on about this type of thing in the hope that UEFA and FIFA will take up their case that it is impossible to play in Scotland due to this bias against them. If only they could see that they are a total embarrasment and really are making tits of themselves

I hope they don't let the door hit them on their way out. If that is their wish, I will be at the front of the queue to see them off, just to make sure that they actually go.

:bye:

HibeePaj
19-11-2010, 03:46 PM
I think a nice -
"Celtc FC : It's a conspiracy since 1888"
Banner at the next game would go nicely

Excellent idea mate. i was going to say that if it was done, care should be taken to ensure there is no'I' in 'Celtic', but looks like you thought ahead mate. :top marks

Paget

Sunny1875
19-11-2010, 04:08 PM

Agreed 100% SFA should be making an example of those who are trying to bully those in their employ.

Of course Rantic could just play each other 4 times and decide who is the champions as non of the rest of Scotland matters, and this would take out the cheats from the Scottish game (both clubs at once) do you think we could get them to agree on 4 refs, who went to the right School, married the right partner, lived in the right social/economic area and would be infallible to boot.

DAVE1875
19-11-2010, 05:50 PM
My opinion on the matter:

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/broken-record.jpg

The_Todd
19-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I hate Celtic more and more with each passing week. Countless opportunities to let things blow over and cool down always resulting in more and more "paranoia" nonsense.

Any more of this utter nonsense from Celtic's officials and a hefty points penalty is in order if you ask me.

SurferRosa
19-11-2010, 06:27 PM

The way they are now carrying on, it`s certainly starting to look like it. I know that i, for one, would not miss them. :bye:

The_Todd
19-11-2010, 06:39 PM

You may be right, but going against them is the following:

1 - Where would they go? The EPL has already told them to bolt. And if it's only Celtc as opposed to both OF teams and the EPL would be even less inclined to take them on.

2 - UEFA and FIFA may be many things, but they ain't stupid. Everyone outside the Celtic support can see right through this and I'd be suprised if the world and European governing bodies fell for this.

Hibbyradge
19-11-2010, 06:47 PM
The way they are now carrying on, it`s certainly starting to look like it. I know that i, for one, would not miss them. :bye:

Unfortunately, the rest of Scottish football would miss them and the money they bring, but that's an argument for a different thread. :wink:

Given the other thread " An excellent idea", I'm surprised that more folk don't think that if a referee is caught lying they should be sacked.

It doesn't matter that he got the decision right, the fact is that his integrity has been compromised and his honesty now is open to question.

I'm probably open to persuasion on all of this and I'm open to the possibility that I may not have a full grasp of exactly what occurred, but I actually thought he'd have resigned by now.

SurferRosa
19-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Unfortunately, the rest of Scottish football would miss them and the money they bring, but that's an argument for a different thread. :wink:

Given the other thread " An excellent idea", I'm surprised that more folk don't think that if a referee is caught lying they should be sacked.

It doesn't matter that he got the decision right, the fact is that his integrity has been compromised and his honesty now is open to question.

I'm probably open to persuasion on all of this and I'm open to the possibility that I may not have a full grasp of exactly what occurred, but I actually thought he'd have resigned by now.
I completely agree. A referees integrity should be beyond reproach and being found out to have lied about a decision, for whatever reason, he should have been sacked the moment it came to light. However, the SFA didn`t sack him and he has since refereed at least one game since (our own against Motherwell) and i think that the SFA are now in a position where they cant remove him or it`ll cause a serious problem,(not least from Motherwell, who had a perfectly good goal disallowed against us), if it`s now decided that he`s not to be trusted and is sacked. Personally i think they`ll be hoping he resigns.

Barney McGrew
19-11-2010, 08:18 PM
You've got to hand it to Celtc and Reid, they're really going beyond the call to make themselves THE most objectionable club in the country.

With Rangers and Hertz in the same place, that takes some commitment :cool2: