PDA

View Full Version : Pubs near the Caledonian Stadium

Winston Ingram
18-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Anyone know of any?

I've just been on Google Earth and it's seems like it's slap bang in the middle of nowhere:confused:

Zondervan
18-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Anyone know of any?

I've just been on Google Earth and it's seems like it's slap bang in the middle of nowhere:confused:

City centre for nearest pubs. They run free buses from the old Supporters club over the river from the city centre.

http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/inverness.htm#Where To Drink?

Carheenlea
18-11-2010, 07:52 PM
There`s a good few pubs in the centre as you exit the station, but it`s a bit of a trek down to the ground where there are no watering holes.
Give yourself plenty time to get down to ground, keep your eye out for other Hibs fans departing the pub (assuming they are aware of the distance of course!).

Winston Ingram
18-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Baws. I was hoping to catch the North London Derby on the telly before the game

Sir David Gray
18-11-2010, 08:35 PM
The stadium is just off the A9 and is nowhere near anywhere. It's certainly a fair bit from Inverness city centre, which is where you will find your nearest pub, I don't think you could realistically walk it, put it that way.

Zondervan
18-11-2010, 08:54 PM
There`s a good few pubs in the centre as you exit the station, but it`s a bit of a trek down to the ground where there are no watering holes.
Give yourself plenty time to get down to ground, keep your eye out for other Hibs fans departing the pub (assuming they are aware of the distance of course!).

1.3 miles / 25 minute walk tops.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Inverness+Caledonian+Thistle+FC,+Inverness&daddr=Academy+St,+Inverness+IV1,+UK&hl=en&geocode=Fc1MbQMdy6a__ykpxefkuXaPSDFe9Tcogg3ubQ%3BF bsSbQMdNYW__ykhiMSATXGPSDFLV-WwYaNdIg&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=57.486955,-4.221239&sspn=0.017807,0.055189&ie=UTF8&z=14

Scottiedog007
18-11-2010, 09:06 PM
There are always taxi's available at train station or just opposite couple of quid and you are there and like previous post its no that bad a walk to ground just a pain when result does not go your way !!!