PDA

View Full Version : greggs...griffith to hibs

CRAZYHIBBY
18-11-2010, 10:03 AM
rumours at work today about hibs being interested in leigh griffiths.....also mentioned on football rumours site........i know.............anyone else heard anything?

R'Albin
18-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Lol this marks the start of the griffiths rumours threads:greengrin

Would love it if true, doubt it though sadly, Still think we should go in for adam rooney:agree:

--------
18-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Disregard anything that you see on Football Rumours - it's garbage.

Dundee will want a fee for LG - or at least the administrator will. Could be a nacho Novo scenario - a cut-price move to one of the OF, at a price and for a salary we can't afford.

My gut feeling is that CC may do a number of loan deals in January to see him through to the end of this season before committing himself. He may also decide to offer contracts beyond the end of the season to some of the guys already here - like Dickoh, Duffy and Trakys. All depending on how thye play and how things go, of course.

joe_hfc
18-11-2010, 10:30 AM

Would love it if true, doubt it though sadly, Still think we should go in for adam rooney:agree:

You have to remember that average players shine at **** teams. For example, Morais and Gatheussi (sp?) were average for us - and at times absolutely phenominal for Caley. John Rankin and Ian Black were Inverness's star players, and are both mediocre for Hibs and Hearts.

These players excel at clubs like Caley because nothing is expected from them, so when they do something impressive it gets peoples attention. When they play for Hibs or Hearts and the club and fans have high expectations of the players, then they have to do things impressive regularly in-order to achieve pass-marks.

However having said that, Griffiths does look promising, particularly due to his age. I think that mabey in a couple of years he could become a good SPL striker. This kind of potential needs to be picked up by our scouting team like other teams have successfully done i.e. Cammy Bell and Gomez.

blackpoolhibs
18-11-2010, 10:30 AM

Dundee will want a fee for LG - or at least the administrator will. Could be a nacho Novo scenario - a cut-price move to one of the OF, at a price and for a salary we can't afford.

My gut feeling is that CC may do a number of loan deals in January to see him through to the end of this season before committing himself. He may also decide to offer contracts beyond the end of the season to some of the guys already here - like Dickoh, Duffy and Trakys. All depending on how thye play and how things go, of course.

Thats what i think too. He might pull a surprise out the hat in January, but i'm thinking he thinks, the real job starts in the summer, building his team with his players playing the way he wants.

R'Albin
18-11-2010, 10:42 AM
You have to remember that average players shine at **** teams. For example, Morais and Gatheussi (sp?) were average for us - and at times absolutely phenominal for Caley. John Rankin and Ian Black were Inverness's star players, and are both mediocre for Hibs and Hearts.

These players excel at clubs like Caley because nothing is expected from them, so when they do something impressive it gets peoples attention. When they play for Hibs or Hearts and the club and fans have high expectations of the players, then they have to do things impressive regularly in-order to achieve pass-marks.

However having said that, Griffiths does look promising, particularly due to his age. I think that mabey in a couple of years he could become a good SPL striker. This kind of potential needs to be picked up by our scouting team like other teams have successfully done i.e. Cammy Bell and Gomez.

I like cammy bell, if we could get him at a decent price then defo always rated him:agree: is Gomez the one who plays for killie??:confused:

ekhibee
18-11-2010, 10:45 AM

Yep, totally agree with what you're saying there. I sometimes think this is a part of the manager/scout/coaching system that hasn't always been addressed properly by both of the Edinburgh sides- recognizing qualities that will make a player a good player for YOUR team, regardless of how good he was for, say, ICT. This is no disrespect to the likes of ICT, who play a different system from us, one where the afore mentioned players fit in well and have adapted according to their own particular skills. As well, if we lose a quality player, it's easy to think we can replace him with somebody with almost the same level of skill, and it's easy to fall into that trap- replacing Sproull, for example, with O'Brien, who we all thought was going to be a great signing, until he played.

--------
18-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Thats what i think too. He might pull a surprise out the hat in January, but i'm thinking he thinks, the real job starts in the summer, building his team with his players playing the way he wants.

:agree:

That's my feeling, bh. And if it means that finally we have a boss capable of stopping and taking stock of the team situation before panic-buying everything in sight, I welcome it.

I confidently expect CC to keep us up.

BUT....

He'll have to replace Grounds, since Mowbray wants him back at Boro. (Don't blame him, either.)

Does he offer Trakys and Duffy contracts? Can he persuade Miller, Bamba and Dickoh to stay a while longer? What about younger guys like Stephens, Booth, Welsh and Byrne? Zouma?

Is there a future at ER for players like Stack (injuries), McCann (injuries), or Lewis Stevenson, Chris Hogg and Colin Nish (good enough)? Are players like Hanlon and Wotherspoon mature enough to be used consistently through a season?

And so on and so on...

brydekirk
18-11-2010, 11:15 AM
I like cammy bell, if we could get him at a decent price then defo always rated him:agree: is Gomez the one who plays for killie??:confused:

ithought it was dun utd . could be wrong tho

IWasThere2016
18-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Griffiths contract is held by Calum Whatsits .. no Dundee FC IIRC

Franck is God
18-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I think I'd posted on a similar thread last week saying that I don't expect any permanent signings to be made in January.

By January we will have Duffy & Zemmama available again returning from injury. We will also see Booth & Byrne returning from loan and both have picked up enough first team experience to be pushing for a place in our team, particularly Booth as Grounds will likely return to Middlesborough.

I can still see CC bringing in at least 2 or 3 new faces though to bolster positions he feels are weak but I would expect to see them arrive on loan from the English league as that is where his knowledge of players is best. And considering he will only have half a season to work with them they will not be for the future but able to step straight into the first team and make a difference right away otherwise there would be no point bringing them in.

Ell_Chrisso
18-11-2010, 11:44 AM
He's off to Saints

Miller33
18-11-2010, 11:52 AM
He's off to Saints

No he's not!

This is the first iv heard of the rumour that he's coming to us, I'll ask Leigh when I next speak to him but the last time I asked, there had been no interest from any club and that was a week and a half ago.

allezsauzee
18-11-2010, 11:55 AM

That's my feeling, bh. And if it means that finally we have a boss capable of stopping and taking stock of the team situation before panic-buying everything in sight, I welcome it.

I confidently expect CC to keep us up.

BUT....

He'll have to replace Grounds, since Mowbray wants him back at Boro. (Don't blame him, either.)

Does he offer Trakys and Duffy contracts? Can he persuade Miller, Bamba and Dickoh to stay a while longer? What about younger guys like Stephens, Booth, Welsh and Byrne? Zouma?

Is there a future at ER for players like Stack (injuries), McCann (injuries), or Lewis Stevenson, Chris Hogg and Colin Nish (good enough)? Are players like Hanlon and Wotherspoon mature enough to be used consistently through a season?

And so on and so on...

Keep us up??? Don't set your sights too high! I'll be disappointed if we're not top 6

--------
18-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Keep us up??? Don't set your sights too high! I'll be disappointed if we're not top 6

I am a man whose glass is ALWAYS slightly more than half-empty, mate.

I too would not be surprised if we made top 6, even Europe again. But I'm not going to say so.

Doh! :grr:

Riordans Boots
18-11-2010, 12:56 PM

And not forgetting the one and only ... Deeks :agree:

BroxburnHibee
18-11-2010, 01:19 PM
rumours at work today about hibs being interested in leigh griffiths.....also mentioned on football rumours site........i know.............anyone else heard anything?

First Petrie - now Griffiths :hmmm:

You certainly get the scoops eh.

martin63
18-11-2010, 01:47 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was only on a season long loan so unless we were going to offer him a contract then I can't see any extension forthcoming. :dunno:

CRAZYHIBBY
18-11-2010, 01:56 PM
First Petrie - now Griffiths :hmmm:

You certainly get the scoops eh.

only passing on what ive been told or heard.....may never happen........look back at my post regarding celtic wanting stokes and you can see i posted it months before it was made public.....also you will see other posters knew about petrie but it just happened to be me that was first to post it.

Ritchie
18-11-2010, 02:37 PM
No he's not!

This is the first iv heard of the rumour that he's coming to us, I'll ask Leigh when I next speak to him but the last time I asked, there had been no interest from any club and that was a week and a half ago.

who do you think you are like???

his cousin??

:wink:

p.s. are you alan gow in disguise?? :faf:

Speedway
18-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he was only on a season long loan so unless we were going to offer him a contract then I can't see any extension forthcoming. :dunno:

Duffy's loan and the length of his contract at Bristol are the same, which means that we effectively bought out his contract and he'll become a free asian at the end of it.

Therefore, Duffy is strictly speaking, a Hibs player.

cam75
18-11-2010, 03:27 PM
only passing on what ive been told or heard.....may never happen........look back at my post regarding celtic wanting stokes and you can see i posted it months before it was made public.....also you will see other posters knew about petrie but it just happened to be me that was first to post it.
I think everyone could say Stokes to Celtic before it was made public hardly a scoop

St.Kristopher
18-11-2010, 03:37 PM
which means that we effectively bought out his contract and he'll become a free asian at the end of it.

Interesting?

frazeHFC
18-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Duffy's loan and the length of his contract at Bristol are the same, which means that we effectively bought out his contract and he'll become a free asian at the end of it.
Interesting?

Indeed :hmmm:

jonny
18-11-2010, 05:13 PM

said it at the start of the season and was shot down by some posters who reckoned he wasnt good enough for the SPL. Has 8 goals so far in the league.
He'd cost a couple of hundred thousand but after a few years will be worth a lot more IMO.

ancienthibby
18-11-2010, 05:15 PM
said it at the start of the season and was shot down by some posters who reckoned he wasnt good enough for the SPL. Has 8 goals so far in the league.
He'd cost a couple of hundred thousand but after a few years will be worth a lot more IMO.

He'll cost whatever a buyer is willing to pay which, given the liquidation position of DFC, will not be much!!

wazoo1875
18-11-2010, 05:33 PM
He'll cost whatever a buyer is willing to pay which, given the liquidation position of DFC, will not be much!!

That much is true, however I think he's on about Adam Rooney of ICT ;-)

R'Albin
18-11-2010, 07:41 PM

:top marks
AND HE CAN TAKE PENS! tbh the thing about him compared to griffiths is that as you say he is PROVEN in the SPL, and he did score more goals than leigh in the first division last season.i would take either of them though.

Bit off topic but also this january window i would like to see smith and stack punted and the boy cammy bell in cos he looks a fantastic prospect, another one who will cost a couple of hundred thousand now but has the potential to be worth a lot more in future years:agree:

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm Leigh Griffiths and I'm telling you that the only I'll be back at Easter Road is if the package includes Jock the Cat and two jetpacks.

tamig
18-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Griffiths contract is held by Calum Whatsits .. no Dundee FC IIRC

How do you mean? I didn't think that was allowed here. All players registrations are held by the clubs I thought. The only "private ownership" case I can recall was Tevez. And I'm sure there was a big stushie as to whether or not that arrangement was legal in FIFA's eyes. Think you're a bit wide of the mark.