PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans in Rugby/Coventry/Birmingham

hibernian1982
16-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Are there any Hibs fans in Rugby, Coventry or Birmingham who travel up to games or make an effort to watch the games in the pub etc?

I have recently moved from Edinburgh to Rugby (for work) so thought I would see if there are any Hibs fans out there who are close by!

I am being told I should start following an English team but not too bothered about it....Coventry are the nearest "big" team but then Birmingham & Aston Villa are just up the road as well. Suggestions anyone?

Iggy Pope
16-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Are there any Hibs fans in Rugby, Coventry or Birmingham who travel up to games or make an effort to watch the games in the pub etc?

I have recently moved from Edinburgh to Rugby (for work) so thought I would see if there are any Hibs fans out there who are close by!

I am being told I should start following an English team but not too bothered about it....Coventry are the nearest "big" team but then Birmingham & Aston Villa are just up the road as well. Suggestions anyone?

If you are stuck with an English side try this lot not far from you

http://www.leamingtonhibs.com

I do hope you find some Hibbies.

Lincoln Green
16-11-2010, 09:40 PM
There are a few of us in the Leicester/Nottingham area which isnt far away but we've never met up.

:confused:

hibeeleicester
16-11-2010, 11:35 PM
There are a few of us in the Leicester/Nottingham area which isnt far away but we've never met up.

:confused:

We deffinately need to meet up theres definitely a few.

Me
Lincoln
Stu
zlatan

im sure theres more.

epperstonehibby
16-11-2010, 11:43 PM
COUNT ME IN.:thumbsup:

hibeeleicester
16-11-2010, 11:48 PM
If this gets off the ground then maybe we could start a supporters group, watch the games, and hopefully arrange a bus up! :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2010, 11:53 PM
There's a family who get on the train at Birmingham for quite a few home games. We join then at Preston. Although the trains are knackered at the moment. :boo hoo:

hibeeleicester
17-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Thought i was the only one here aswell.

cheltenhamhibee
17-11-2010, 03:09 AM
i have a mate in Rugby who's a staunch Hibby, dont know if he posts on here tho, will find out:thumbsup:

lyonhibs
17-11-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm only an hour or so south of Brum.

(((Fergus)))
17-11-2010, 10:05 PM

same here.

Owain_1987
18-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Do any of you go to games I live in Cardiff (well will be again in a few weeks) thinking of getting an half season ticket but nice to travel with other fans to games.

Owain_1987
18-11-2010, 10:53 AM

Where in Oxford you stay? I used to stay in Headington and my mum still works in Cowley!

persevere1875
18-11-2010, 03:03 PM

Same here, any attempt to get a supporters club / bus organised will get my support

DroitwichHibs
18-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Live in Droitwich, and work in Stratford. Have been on the 7.30am from New Street to Edinburgh a few times!! Last time was the March game at Tynie! That was a long journey back:boo hoo:

Would certainly be interested in meeting up with other Midland Hibby's. There's one in Worcester too!

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Anyone who wants to travel from south of preston by train, should get the one that arrives at Preston at 10am. Thats the one any Lancashire Hibs fans will get on. And further up the Carlisle lot will get on the same train.

There's work on the tracks going on at the moment though, and the trains are not running for a while, but when they start back up, it would be great if one game was targetted for us all to get on that one train, and we could all meet up and have a right party up and back.:greengrin