ronaldo7
16-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Yam singing sectarian songs shock:grr:

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2010936?UserKey=

Hibercelona
16-11-2010, 08:52 PM
"It's only the minority though"

Exactly!

If he had just tweaked the words a little like the rest of them do, he would have been ok. :rolleyes:

marinello59
16-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Grampian Polis must be the only force actively dealing with this at games. Do you think Strathclyde will follow their lead?

greenginger
16-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Grampian Polis must be the only force actively dealing with this at games. Do you think Strathclyde will follow their lead?

With fines of £700 a song the police budget cuts could be restored no problem.

Getting 40,000 of them into court might be though. :greengrin

Biggie
16-11-2010, 09:19 PM
exactly, they pluck ONE out the crowd...aye okay only one fan was at it.....hmm anyway, shouldn't be too negative, one small step...

ronaldo7
16-11-2010, 09:31 PM
exactly, they pluck ONE out the crowd...aye okay only one fan was at it.....hmm anyway, shouldn't be too negative, one small step...

One this time, five next time, ten the next time and so on until they eradicate it. Lothian and Borders should take note.

Leithenhibby
16-11-2010, 09:38 PM
One this time, five next time, ten the next time and so on until they eradicate it. Lothian and Borders should take note.

Money to be made here :cool2: Budgets could get a welcomed boost overnight :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2010, 09:49 PM
The away support at the derby was by far and away the most sectarian Hearts support that I have ever witnessed. Now when you hear that from Rangers fans, you filter out the simpletons and genuine extremists and you are left with a significant rump that are inbred bigots. This however is tempered by that reasoning that the bigots do it to wind up the fans of their biggest rivals Celtic, who themselves have a fair few simpletons, extremists and of course their bigots as well. So, it would appear that sectarianism in our game is two sides of the one coin that is the Old Firm and a lot of that is simple name calling? So where do HOMFC come in? You can't explain any of it away as winding up your rivals because we don't play that game. That leaves them with simpletons and extremists and people that actually hold these beliefs as their reasoned pont of view and in IMO that makes it worse.

son of haggart
16-11-2010, 09:50 PM

Be nice if they would

ronaldo7
16-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Be nice if they would

:agree:

Matty_Jack04
16-11-2010, 10:07 PM
I know alot of jambos from being brought up in gorgie and can say without a shadow of doubt to compare them with that filth through west is a joke, nowhere near as big a problem, as for the sectarian singing at the derby i cant mind it being that bad yes there was hello hello and a few Union jacks buts hardly the 90mins of filth u'l hear when rangers and celtic come through. Its a huge problem in our game but its the west who have the biggest problem and we all know strathclyde police wont do a thing about it

JT Fae The Toon
16-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I know alot of jambos from being brought up in gorgie and can say without a shadow of doubt to compare them with that filth through west is a joke, nowhere near as big a problem, as for the sectarian singing at the derby i cant mind it being that bad yes there was hello hello and a few Union jacks buts hardly the 90mins of filth u'l hear when rangers and celtic come through. Its a huge problem in our game but its the west who have the biggest problem and we all know strathclyde police wont do a thing about it

We do have a minority of idiots within our support and it's certainly more prevalent during the away trips. A lot, lot less than when at it's peak in the '70s but 1 is too many for me.

Can't quite fathom how the Union Flag - or any National Flag for that matter - could be deemed sectarian?

Removed
16-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Flag debate :thumbsup: not had one for ages

marinello59
16-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Flag debate :thumbsup: not had one for ages

I like the Canadian one. Every nation should have a bit of foliage on their flags.:agree:

hibsbollah
16-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I like the Canadian one. Every nation should have a bit of foliage on their flags.:agree:

The Lebanese and Canadians both do well in that respect:thumbsup:

Sioux
16-11-2010, 10:33 PM
We do have a minority of idiots within our support and it's certainly more prevalent during the away trips. A lot, lot less than when at it's peak in the '70s but 1 is too many for me.

Can't quite fathom how the Union Flag - or any National Flag for that matter - could be deemed sectarian?

Might have something to do with the reasons for displaying it at Easter Rd. And don't say its because they're proud to be British.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Might have something to do with the reasons for displaying it at Easter Rd. And don't say its because they're proud to be British.

:agree: They have the same reason for displaying the Union Flag at Hearts games as some Hibs fans have for displaying the Irish tricolour.

The few people that bring those out for derbies and games against Rangers don't do it because they're proud of our Irish roots.

marinello59
16-11-2010, 11:01 PM
:agree: They have the same reason for displaying the Union Flag at Hearts games as some Hibs fans have for displaying the Irish tricolour.

The few people that bring those out for derbies and games against Rangers don't do it because they're proud of our Irish roots.

Stuff the roots. Foliage and lots of it.:agree:

woody47
16-11-2010, 11:05 PM
So the old bill in sheepland hear one yam at pittodrie but the weeg old bill miss hundreds of OF fans from both sides singing their bile. Maybe they should bring the Teuchter old bill down to the weeg as it appears that their hearing is so much superior to those from the west.
However one less yam is nothing to worry about as they still have 399,399 left.:wink:

WindyMiller
16-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Stuff the roots. Foliage and lots of it.:agree:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2JArhADWA4sjqHH4pJAoe1ymDlG_dG py1m9C1KTpksJ7-pu6n

God bless Saskatewa!

El Gubbz
16-11-2010, 11:16 PM
What happened to Data protection. No one wants anyone to know a yam lives in the same street as them:greengrin

Kevvy1875
17-11-2010, 12:00 AM
What happened to Data protection. No one wants anyone to know a yam lives in the same street as them:greengrin

You live in the same street?

I DARE you to go and hang a set of beads on his door knocker and carve an image of the pope into his door?

Just for a laugh likes:agree:

P.S take photo's and post them on here:greengrin

son of haggart
17-11-2010, 09:09 AM
You live in the same street?

I DARE you to go and hang a set of beads on his door knocker and carve an image of the pope into his door?

Just for a laugh likes:agree:

P.S take photo's and post them on here:greengrin

Idolatrar!

Spawn of satan!

(sorry, an Ian Paisley moment came over me there.....)

Vini1875
17-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Who's kidding who? It is easy to say the problem just exists in the west, but it doesn't. I would say there was a huge anti-Catholic sentiment in the east and a large portion of hearts supporters share that sentiment. My personal experience of them has been no different to the huns.

As long as Edinburgh can point the finger at Glasgow and say it's much worse there, then nothing needs to be addressed in Edinburgh.

JimBHibees
17-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Time this was tackled head on with the silence from the governing bodies a disgrace to be honest. The only time it was dealt with to any great degree was when UEFA took an interest and suddenly the OF primarily Rangers took an interest and started to tell their fans not to sing bigoted songs. The fact that the joyful ditties appear to be back with the same gusto as before with no or little comment is pretty shameful in what is supposed to be an educated tolerant nation. Good on the Grampian police others should act accordingly.

Peevemor
17-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Who's kidding who? It is easy to say the problem just exists in the west, but it doesn't. I would say there was a huge anti-Catholic sentiment in the east and a large portion of hearts supporters share that sentiment. My personal experience of them has been no different to the huns.

As long as Edinburgh can point the finger at Glasgow and say it's much worse there, then nothing needs to be addressed in Edinburgh.

Maybe in certain smaller towns (as you heas West funnily enough), but I wouldn't say that's the case in Edinburgh.

Woody1985
17-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm surprised that no one has noted that he was at an Aberdeen vs Rangers game but is a Hearts supported.

What was going on there then? Did he just go with his 'big brothers'. So the only one that happened to be signing sectarian songs at an Aberdeen vs Rangers was a Hearts fan. Something seems odd.

ronaldo7
17-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Stole a couple of quotes from the lad in question (allegedly). From Kickback

Lets clear a few things up! I am the person in question and certainly not a ned, currently doing a maths degree at university actually, not sure how many buckfast swigging neds are in further education.

Secondly it was a total stitch up. 100 hearts fans singing at half time and they hear only me? The evidence was a total farce provided by 2 of aberdeens finest and the judge was a ****ing season ticket holder at pittodrie!!

Still waiting for the notice to come out then ill speak with the brief.

On a separate note, received my hearts letter a week after the incident banning me from tynie permanently. Nothing like incident until proven guilty eh

Jono1983.

Killiehibbie
17-11-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm surprised that no one has noted that he was at an Aberdeen vs Rangers game but is a Hearts supported.

What was going on there then? Did he just go with his 'big brothers'. So the only one that happened to be signing sectarian songs at an Aberdeen vs Rangers was a Hearts fan. Something seems odd.It happened on 17th October at Aberdeen v hearts game. The hun mentioned in the article was for an earlier game.

Peevemor
17-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Stole a couple of quotes from the lad in question (allegedly). From Kickback

Lets clear a few things up! I am the person in question and certainly not a ned, currently doing a maths degree at university actually, not sure how many buckfast swigging neds are in further education.

Secondly it was a total stitch up. 100 hearts fans singing at half time and they hear only me? The evidence was a total farce provided by 2 of aberdeens finest and the judge was a ****ing season ticket holder at pittodrie!!

Still waiting for the notice to come out then ill speak with the brief.

On a separate note, received my hearts letter a week after the incident banning me from tynie permanently. Nothing like incident until proven guilty eh

Jono1983.

Certainly sounds incident to me. :agree:

If the person who wrote that has been accepted on to a degree course, I currently fear for the future of the English language actually.

Woody1985
17-11-2010, 03:47 PM
It happened on 17th October at Aberdeen v hearts game. The hun mentioned in the article was for an earlier game.

:doh:

Reading his alleged quotes on another post above are quite funny. He's admitted it, then complains that he's educated and not a ned. Yeah, educated but signs sectarian songs. What a tosser.

Killiehibbie
17-11-2010, 03:55 PM
:doh:

Reading his alleged quotes on another post above are quite funny. He's admitted it, then complains that he's educated and not a ned. Yeah, educated but signs sectarian songs. What a tosser.but 99 others bigots were doing it as well and they only picked on me.

ronaldo7
17-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Another quote from our neebor over the road. It just gets better.

"And ironically, the only charge I was found "not guilty" on was the one charge I was actually guilty of....providing a false name at half time before being picked up at full time!

:taxi for Jono

Iggy Pope
17-11-2010, 09:48 PM
:agree: They have the same reason for displaying the Union Flag at Hearts games as some Hibs fans have for displaying the Irish tricolour.The few people that bring those out for derbies and games against Rangers don't do it because they're proud of our Irish roots.

If they played in red white and blue I might be tempted to agree with bollox like that.

Sir David Gray
17-11-2010, 10:02 PM
If they played in red white and blue I might be tempted to agree with bollox like that.

Right so we play in green, white and orange then? :confused:

Iggy Pope
17-11-2010, 10:13 PM

Don't be confused.....
Green and white with an Irish name and definitely Irish roots.
You can't get away from that I'm afraid and it's been done to death a million times on here already and I think the consensus is that most are happy with our dual identity.
Some seem not to be, but you can't please all of the people all of the time....

I don't wave a flag of any descript but I think that there's more reason for a green White and orange one to be waved at ER than there is for a red white and blue one to be waved at Tynie.

I mean, we don't play in such colours either and a Hibby waving a UJ around at ER would be as comfortable as a fish on a bike.
Don't you agree?

Iggy Pope
17-11-2010, 10:16 PM

Don't be confused.....
You can't get away from that I'm afraid and it's been done to death a million times on here already and I think the consensus is that most are happy with our dual identity.

I don't wave a flag of any descript but I think that there's more reason for a green White and orange one to be waved at ER than there is for a red white and blue one to be waved at Tynie.

I mean, we don't play in such colours either and a Hibby waving a UJ around at ER would be as comfortable as a fish on a bike.
Don't you agree?

And let's not hijack the thread - remember it's about another Yam being caught out acting like a piece of ****.

Pretty Boy
17-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Ah good old Grampian Police.

Not long ago it was a single Aberdeen fan fined and given a banning order for calling a Celtc player a 'fenian ******', now a Hertz fan done for sectarian singing.

I wonder where these super vigilant polismen and women disappear to when the massed ranks of Rangers and Celtc fans are in town.

Sir David Gray
17-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Don't be confused.....

Don't you agree?

Quite a few points come out of the bit that I have highlighted.

The first point is that I don't believe any national flags should be banned and people should be allowed to fly any flag that they want.

The second point I would make is that I believe that neither the Hearts fans who wave Union flags or the Hibs fans who fly Irish tricolours do so because they want to celebrate British/Irish identities. They do it because they want to make some kind of point and use it to antagonise people. I think you have to question why most Union flags at Hearts games only appear when they play Hibs and Celtic and why most Irish tricolours at Hibs games only appear when we play Hearts and Rangers.

Third point is that I would say that, if you ignore the probable underlying reason for them doing it, there is every reason for a Hearts fan to wave a Union flag at Tynecastle. Along with the Saltire, it is the most relevant flag in this country.

As for a Hibs fan waving it at Easter Road, you are correct it wouldn't be allowed to happen but I find that really sad as I don't think anyone should be made to feel uncomfortable about flying one of the national flags of this country.

Removed
17-11-2010, 10:58 PM

not a pop at you FH but we may as well just get an admin to rename this thread and then lock it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQR9bw-4R08

BroxburnHibee
17-11-2010, 11:06 PM
A flag debate - we really need one of these again :bitchy:

Thread is straying way off topic - I'll be moving it soon.

Iggy Pope
17-11-2010, 11:09 PM

The first point is that I don't believe any national flags should be banned and people should be allowed to fly any flag that they want.

The second point I would make is that I believe that neither the Hearts fans who wave Union flags or the Hibs fans who fly Irish tricolours do so because they want to celebrate British/Irish identities. They do it because they want to make some kind of point and use it to antagonise people.
I think you have to question why most Union flags at Hearts games only appear when they play Hibs and Celtic and why most Irish tricolours at Hibs games only appear when we play Hearts and Rangers.
Third point is that I would say that, if you ignore the probable underlying reason for them doing it, there is every reason for a Hearts fan to wave a Union flag at Tynecastle. Along with the Saltire, it is the most relevant flag in this country.

As for a Hibs fan waving it at Easter Road, you are correct it wouldn't be allowed to happen but I find that really sad as
I don't think anyone should be made to feel uncomfortable about flying one of the national flags of this country.

And the highlighted bits -
1. Flags being flags they will offend someone somewhere. Why you think anyone should be allowed to wave whatever they want in the hope that they will piss someone off is beyond me. That's what you seem to be saying.
2. Have to disagree - there are tricolours (although not many - there are NEVER many) at ER every game. I can't comment on how often the UJ appears at that pit and bow to your superior knowledge.
3. That last bit has all the hallmarks of a Daily Express letters page contribution ('the country's going to hell in a handcart' type looney). You must be thrilled about the Royal engagement :wink:

And as I said, lets not hijack the thread. I'm done now.

Iggy Pope
17-11-2010, 11:11 PM

I agee and I'm done, honest. Don't move it on my account.

Sir David Gray
17-11-2010, 11:29 PM

Lots of threads stray off topic, it reflects a conversation that you would have in real life.

As long as nothing illegal or offensive is posted (which hasn't happened), I really don't see the problem with the topic of the thread going in a different direction.

The thread was about sectarianism right from the outset, so perhaps it should have been elsewhere on the board from the very start.

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Lots of threads stray off topic, it reflects a conversation that you would have in real life.

As long as nothing illegal or offensive is posted (which hasn't happened), I really don't see the problem with the topic of the thread going in a different direction.

The thread was about sectarianism right from the outset, so perhaps it should have been elsewhere on the board from the very start.

I don't think it's true that threads tend to stray of the topic. I cite the events of May 1986 in Dundee as evidence.

Removed
18-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Sorry DBS you've lost me :confused: you'll need to explain, I can't recall what happened in 1986 in Dundee.

Dinkydoo
18-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Another quote from our neebor over the road. It just gets better.

"And ironically, the only charge I was found "not guilty" on was the one charge I was actually guilty of....providing a false name at half time before being picked up at full time!

:taxi for Jono

:faf:

What a tit!

Because nodoby has ever been charged by using web based evidence before.......... :rolleyes:

IP address and card details (proving they are a paying member) from whatever secure form of online banking he/she is using (the companies are allowed to provide names to the police) should easily identify who the person is.

They said they were doing a degree? :top marks