PDA

View Full Version : How is Dickoh ?

MUPPET
15-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet but is there any news on how the big man is after saturday ?

Looked like a sore one !!

HibeePaj
15-11-2010, 09:47 PM
CC on official site saying that he suffered a facial blow...

"Francis went off to hospital for an x-ray after taking a whack around his cheek. We will have to wait until the results are back."

thinks that is the latest..

best wishes to the big guy.

Removed
15-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Somebody posted yesterday that he was out in the town on Saturday night :dunno:

Bobo
15-11-2010, 09:53 PM
He's got a fractured cheek bone and will be out for a while unfortunately.

Jack
15-11-2010, 10:33 PM
I had a fractured cheekbone.
It normally splits in 2 or 3 places around the eye socket.
I think its a 6 week thing. He should however be able to keep himself fit during that time after a wee rest up after the op.

greenlex
15-11-2010, 10:37 PM
He should be able to play with one of those protective masks.

Kevin Kyle should be made wear one to protect the kids.

aberhibsfc
16-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Hope he's alright.

Wonder if this will be a one season only stint at ER. Could do with him and Bamba being held onto but I guess thats unlikely.

Scouse Hibee
17-11-2010, 12:29 PM

No he hasn't, fully fit and back in training. :thumbsup:

brydekirk
17-11-2010, 12:54 PM
in the EEN he is available for saturday, no break or fracture.:thumbsup:

hughio
17-11-2010, 01:07 PM
A bit of a carry on for getting a bang in the face no?
:wink:

Keith_M
17-11-2010, 01:10 PM
A bit of a carry on for getting a bang in the face no?
:wink:

I know, not like the old days. Players carried on with limbs dropping off, eyes poked out of sockets and teeth removed by big bruisers of centre halves. A quick wipe from the 'magic sponge' and all was well.

Ah, the 70's......

:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
17-11-2010, 01:23 PM

:doh:

Bobo
17-11-2010, 01:34 PM
:doh:

It's what I was told on Monday night from a member of the Hibernian staff, just goes to show that information from sources, no matter how good you think they are, are not worth a sook unless you get it straight from the horses mouth. :rolleyes:

HFC 0-7
17-11-2010, 01:58 PM
It's what I was told on Monday night from a member of the Hibernian staff, just goes to show that information from sources, no matter how good you think they are, are not worth a sook unless you get it straight from the horses mouth. :rolleyes:

They probably wanted to know who was leaking the information out of easter road by feeding duff information and seeing who posts it on .net!

calder45a
17-11-2010, 02:08 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-boss39-relief-as-Dickoh.6629589.jp

Seanair
17-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I know, not like the old days. Players carried on with limbs dropping off, eyes poked out of sockets and teeth removed by big bruisers of centre halves. A quick wipe from the 'magic sponge' and all was well.

Ah, the 70's......

:greengrin

Teams I played for couldn't afford a sponge......("Hovis" tune plays in the background):wink:

Hibee Daz
17-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Teams I played for couldn't afford a sponge......("Hovis" tune plays in the background):wink:

Just as well bud as the magic sponge heels all and nobody wants a teammates ball sweat on their coupon!:jamboak:

snooky
17-11-2010, 04:32 PM

Luxury! We couldn't afford a "Hovis" tune playing in the background.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
17-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Luxury! We couldn't afford a "Hovis" tune playing in the background.

We used to dream of having some background...

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-11-2010, 05:05 PM
We used to dream of having some background...We never even had dreams!....

--------
17-11-2010, 05:06 PM

There was no magic about that sponge - it was more about where the ice water in the bucket was going to go and the tender ministrations of Mad Tam McNiven and his bottle of smelling salts....

Matty_Jack04
18-11-2010, 12:16 PM
in the sun today scans have came back clear and he trained yesterday so could be in the squad for saturday :thumbsup:

--------
18-11-2010, 12:21 PM
From BBC Website yesterday:

"Hibernian defender Francis Dickoh has been given the all-clear by the club's doctors to resume training. The Ghanaian was stretchered off during Saturday's home win over Motherwell with fear that he had fractured a cheekbone in a clash with Alan Gow. However X-rays show that there was no break and he is back in contention for Saturday's away match in Inverness...."

For "a clash with Alan Gow" read "an unprovoked assault by Alan Gow" - but still, good news.

Speedway
18-11-2010, 04:59 PM
I've heard differently.

I asked Peter Gabriel how Dickoh was doing and he just said

'Dickoh, Dickoh, Dicoh-oh-oh Dickoh
Ee got injured, Ill and injured
The man is dead, the man is dead.'

Which shocked me, to be frank.

Peevemor
18-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I've heard differently.

I asked Peter Gabriel how Dickoh was doing and he just said

'Dickoh, Dickoh, Dicoh-oh-oh Dickoh
Ee got injured, Ill and injured
The man is dead, the man is dead.'

Which shocked me, to be frank.

Jim Kerr came out with something similar, but I thought it was pish!