PDA

View Full Version : Smith to replace Levein??

ancienthibby
15-11-2010, 04:39 PM
So, Sir Uncle Wattie, or whatever you'd like to call him, has announced that he is not finished with football when he leaves R....gers, and will still continue in football, is this not an opportunity to get rid of our current 4.6.0 Manager??:greengrin

McKenzie
15-11-2010, 04:48 PM
take him back at scotland in a second:thumbsup:

woodythehibee
15-11-2010, 04:49 PM
although he stabbed us in the back by leaving mid-way through the qualifiers, it was obviously difficult for him to resist the club he 'loves'.

He got us results so would take him back over Levein anyday!

sesoim
15-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Smith's record is way better than just about every other Scotland manager. It is certainly a lot better than legends like Jock Stein, who's record was pretty awful by comparison given the top players we had available at the time.

I'd happilly bin Levein for Smith. Levein has annoyed me since he took over - he seems nervous, petty, stubborn, and tactically, he has been awful so far.

Cropley10
15-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Smith's record is way better than just about every other Scotland manager. It is certainly a lot better than legends like Jock Stein, who's record was pretty awful by comparison given the top players we had available at the time.

I'd happilly bin Levein for Smith. Levein has annoyed me since he took over - he seems nervous, petty, stubborn, and tactically, he has been awful so far.

:agree: Frankly if you take McManus' last gasp winner against Lichenstein away then it's been an horrendous f up.

Watty has played a blinder with that announcement IMO.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Take him in a heartbeat, Potter is a yam fud, anyone can see he has an issue for not picking Deek and it's personal if it wasn't then how come the most natural gifted goalscorer in the SPL doesn't get picked against the FI?, instead he brings in total unknowns (to me) in, what a speccy yam fud, GTF and let Wattie take over ASAP

ScottB
15-11-2010, 07:27 PM
To be honest I read that more as him becoming Director of Football at Rangers or something than anything else.

I would take him over Levein, but then I'd probably take anyone right now over that *rse.

lapsedhibee
15-11-2010, 07:53 PM
So, Sir Uncle Wattie, or whatever you'd like to call him, has announced that he is not finished with football when he leaves R....gers, and will still continue in football, is this not an opportunity to get rid of our current 4.6.0 Manager??:greengrin

I'll call him a Hun then. And as such he should be entitled to waltz in and out of the Scotland manager's job whenever he pleases, irrespective of how well or badly the incumbent is doing.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2010, 09:30 AM
I'll call him a Hun then. And as such he should be entitled to waltz in and out of the Scotland manager's job whenever he pleases, irrespective of how well or badly the incumbent is doing.

:agree: We have had players doing it for years, why not managers now? I think the SFA cant wait for Wattie to leave the huns, they will probably sack Levien as soon as Smith has had a fortnights holiday at the end of this season. And they wonder why folk are turning their back on the countrys football team.:bitchy:

WindyMiller
16-11-2010, 09:39 AM
There's a path being layed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9191681.stm

ancienthibby
16-11-2010, 10:08 AM
:agree: Frankly if you take McManus' last gasp winner against Lichenstein away then it's been an horrendous f up.

Watty has played a blinder with that announcement IMO.

Is Harry Potter the new Berti Vogts!!:greengrin

M11BMO
16-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Fingers crossed Potter will be getting binned. The SFA should do all they can to get Smith back as manager. I don't care if he's a Hun c***. He can get the best out of the players we have.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2010, 11:03 AM
I would quite happily take Smith back for the Scotland job, if it means getting rid of Levein ASAP.

Hopefully tonight is a complete embarrassment and Levein will be out by tomorrow morning.

Keith_M
16-11-2010, 01:37 PM
I wasn't overly enamoured with the appointment of Levein but thought he should at least get the benefit of the doubt. Now, there is no doubt, he's just a crap manager.

I wouldn't feel happy if Smith got the job back though, after leaving Scotland in the lurch the last time. What's to stop him doing it again?

lyonhibs
16-11-2010, 02:23 PM
In a heartbeat.

:agree: :agree:

Dashing Bob S
16-11-2010, 06:23 PM
So sad that such a mediocre-to-poor management performer on the international scene as Watts is the very best Scotland can aspire to. But if Roxburgh was the Headmaster and Paw the Janny, then CL looks like the geeky exchange student pitched in to take the super-******s class at the underachieving ghetto school.

Holmesdale Hibs
16-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Hope so. Potter is a nob. Just said this on another thread but it is worth repeating.

marinello59
16-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Aye. MAy as well replace one anti-football champion with a more experienced one.
Scots wha hae?