PDA

View Full Version : Happiest game at easter road

cam75
15-11-2010, 01:08 PM
When we won promotion back to the spl and the fans spilled onto the pitch was crazy:thumbsup:

Teo10
15-11-2010, 01:09 PM
When we won promotion back to the spl and the fans spilled onto the pitch was crazy:thumbsup:

I remember that day, going onto the pitch, being told not to bother by police... waiting for her to look away then running on:thumbsup:

H18sry
15-11-2010, 01:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUn9IRZoK0 :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
15-11-2010, 01:17 PM

Maybe i'm just getting old but did we not win promotion away to Hamilton at Firhill? Latapy double and a missed penalty?

The game at ER was the trophy presentation was it not?

Crab apple
15-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Maybe i'm just getting old but did we not win promotion away to Hamilton at Firhill? Latapy double and a missed penalty?

You're right as I remember being on the pitch for a stroll with what seemed like thousands of others at Firhill. I also remember thinking that Paul Lovering our full back that day would be a future internationalist - shows you what I know!

delbert
15-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Perhaps referring to 1980/81 when we went back up after one season. Not a season I remember with any great joy, we started with a 1-0 home defeat to Stranraer, but in hindsight was the kick up the backside we needed, and we pissed the league after that.

Happiest game at Easter Road, so many to choose from, but the night we tore Sporting Lisbon a new one in 1972/73 is right up there. They were a top European side, but we had gone over there and got a great result at their place, 2-1 defeat. 1-1 at halftime at Easter Road did'nt prepare anybody for the next 45 mins, utterly breathtaking, collectively Turnbulls Tornadoes finest performance in my opinion coming down the old slope, not just five goals including a hat-trick from Jimmy O'Rourke, but football to savour all night long. How we conspired to lose that season to a bunch of cloggers like Hadjuk Split I will never know, but that night still lives with me 38 years on, that team was awesome.

persevere1875
15-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Happiest moment at ER for me had to be the homecoming with the cup after beating Dunfermline, placed was rammed, High on life, alchohol and the fact that Hibees were well and truly back :notworthy:

andudare2
15-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Perhaps referring to 1980/81 when we went back up after one season. Not a season I remember with any great joy, we started with a 1-0 home defeat to Stranraer, but in hindsight was the kick up the backside we needed, and we pissed the league after that.

Happiest game at Easter Road, so many to choose from, but the night we tore Sporting Lisbon a new one in 1972/73 is right up there. They were a top European side, but we had gone over there and got a great result at their place, 2-1 defeat. 1-1 at halftime at Easter Road did'nt prepare anybody for the next 45 mins, utterly breathtaking, collectively Turnbulls Tornadoes finest performance in my opinion coming down the old slope, not just five goals including a hat-trick from Jimmy O'Rourke, but football to savour all night long. How we conspired to lose that season to a bunch of cloggers like Hadjuk Split I will never know, but that night still lives with me 38 years on, that team was awesome.
think you have promotion season,s mixed up bud. year you refer to was loss to raith rovers? straraer was 98/99 season? , sporting game a sound call though, same with napoli game , think thats my favourite, not very often a world cup winning keeper has shipped 5 goals to the cabbage eh!:notworthy:

yekimevol
15-11-2010, 02:23 PM
hibs 2 - 1 hearts game after that semi. benjis celebration. browno playing with knee lig damage. helped heal some of the pain still left over.

M11BMO
15-11-2010, 02:29 PM

:agree: We beat Falkirk 2-1 on the final game of the season when we all decided to invade the pitch after the presentation. Good Times.

cam75
15-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Its the 98/99 season i ment to start with the 1st game away lavety 89min goal dark cold night if i remember right,but with the players AM brought in a joy to watch and the last game of the season was ace,happydays we had regular higher attedances also:thumbsup:
Far to many but 6-2 is a close game also:agree:

Future17
15-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Its the 98/99 season i ment to start with the 1st game away lavety 89min goal dark cold night if i remember right,but with the players AM brought in a joy to watch and the last game of the season was ace,happydays we had regular higher attedances also:thumbsup:
Far to many but 6-2 is a close game also:agree:

Away to Morton at Cappielow. :agree:

Although the "joy to watch" part doesn't really describe that night very well. :greengrin

frazeHFC
15-11-2010, 03:55 PM
I was at the game when we got promoted against Raith i think it was, and Sauzee scored that peach of a free-kick. I was too young to remember it well now, would have been around 5/6 but i still get jealous that i can not remember it too well and never ran on the pitch.

The happiest game i can remember was probably the AEK game for atmosphere, but in recent years it has to be the 3-2 game against Celtic, quality.

Malthibby
15-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Sporting Lisbon for myself as well - not only for the result but because at the time I genuinely felt we were in with a shout for a treble, we were that good.
The pain is still fresh.
GG

oregonhibby
15-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Sporting Lisbon.

Ayr United.

In the dim and distant 70's. I recall after humping Ayr we then had a miserable home crowd at the next game.

Stevie Reid
15-11-2010, 04:09 PM
6-2

Nothing else is even in the same stratosphere, that night had been a LONG time coming, and I experienced an emotion that night when the 6th went in that I hadn't experienced before, nor have since.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Souness' 1st game for Der Hun @ ER.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Sporting Lisbon, 6 -2 and a bunch of other good shouts.

All happy days.

For some reason though, I remember being utterly delirious with joy on 1/1/96 when we tonked the Yams 2 - 1 two days after we lost 0-7 at Ibrox.

It really was the happiest start to a year.

Green_one
15-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Always difficult but first stab

OLD
Hibs 2 Aberdeen 1 - Stanton & Baker - two legends score in one game. Unexpectedly wonderful game

RECENT
Hibs 2 Rangers 1 - Killen two goals - good atmosphere - felt we were going to beat them - seemed to get snatched away - then second Killen goal - Happy