PDA

View Full Version : I'm Liking This a Lot!!!

CentreLine
14-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Not since Eddie Turnbull have we had a manager who intimidated other managers and players in the country, famously he got the better of Jocks Stein and Wallace more often than not. It looks to me very much like Colin Calderwood has that quality and already people are running scared of him. Yesterday me thinks Pa’ Broon and Craigan protested too much whilst our CC was coolness personified.

Keep an eye on this, CC will get the better of them all as time goes on. IMHO there are good times ahead
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Not since Eddie Turnbull have we had a manager who intimidated other managers and players in the country, famously he got the better of Jocks Stein and Wallace more often than not. It looks to me very much like Colin Calderwood has that quality and already people are running scared of him. Yesterday me thinks Pa’ Broon and Craigan protested too much whilst our CC was coolness personified.

Keep an eye on this, CC will get the better of them all as time goes on. IMHO there are good times ahead
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

I think it's far too early to make judgements. The sgns are promising though.

WellingtonHibby
15-11-2010, 04:17 PM
" generic Caution tinged agreement"

jacomo
15-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Our last two managers seemed to get too easily riled in the dug out, which didn't help in communicating with the players. I hope CC can maintain a cool detachment - I think it will help the team.

Springbank
15-11-2010, 05:21 PM
fair doo's, though I thought Alex McLeish did a good job of this too.

He was a much more rounded character at ER than the more reticent gaffer he turned into at Ibrox.

I seem to remember him giving Advocaat and ONeill a run (not to mention FJK6-2)