PDA

View Full Version : A New Deal For Zemmama?

Ozyhibby
14-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Spoke to a Morrocan bloke today who is a friend of Zemmama. He said that Zemmama would like to stay at Hibs but he did not think that he would be offered a new deal because of his injury problems. Apparently his knee injury was a bad one.
He also knew Benji but thought he had a bad attitude (like we didn't know).
Personally hope the wee man makes a full recovery and we give him a one year extension to try and get his fitness back.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2010, 01:27 PM
I think a 1 year extension would be good for both parties.

M11BMO
14-11-2010, 01:44 PM

:agree: It'll be like a new signing when he eventually gets back from injury.

WindyMiller
14-11-2010, 01:51 PM

I think, if he can get himself fit enough to put together a run of decent performances, a further 1 year, performance related, contract might be worth looking at.

God Petrie
14-11-2010, 02:03 PM
The most exciting player to watch in the league - give him a contract.

erin go bragh
14-11-2010, 03:03 PM
3 year deal please :agree: most creative player we have by a country mile
GGTTH

Bob Box Fish
14-11-2010, 03:29 PM
GGTTH

I would rather we emptied the wage thief and gave the young lads a run instead.

Franck is God
14-11-2010, 03:42 PM
GGTTH

If there is a player at the club right now worth taking a risk on it is Zemmama, I know he has had his injury problems and hasn't appeared as often as we'd all like but we are unlikely to be able to sign a player of his ability and creativity, when fit I would say he is one of our best players.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2010, 03:56 PM
If there is a player at the club right now worth taking a risk on it is Zemmama, I know he has had his injury problems and hasn't appeared as often as we'd all like but we are unlikely to be able to sign a player of his ability and creativity, when fit I would say he is one of our best players.

54 games since he signed for us, no more than a year with another year option imho is the risk i'd take.

KiddA
14-11-2010, 03:59 PM
54 games since he signed for us, no more than a year with another year option imho is the risk i'd take.

:agree: Spot on, he has been out for a while but if he is fit he is class.

GloryGlory
14-11-2010, 04:04 PM

:agree: Plus I'd like a performance-related element. I'm sure it's best and fair for both parties if Merouane gets the chance to prove his recovery and fitness and Hibs (and CC) get the chance to assess whether he's worth a longer deal.

I do like the wee man, but we're not so flush that we can afford to have players on the sidelines for half a season.

Zorro
14-11-2010, 04:09 PM

how is he a wage thief? He is injured, and therefore cannot play.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-11-2010, 04:12 PM
That this player is talented is not in doubt, but TBH we are not in a position where we can afford to pay players to do nothing. A pragmatic approach is needed here I suppose but if the choice was to give a skilfull but unfit Zemmama a year or so on a maybe, or give fit tough tackling midfielder and 18 month deal when the January window opens, I would go with the second option.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2010, 04:15 PM
That this player is talented is not in doubt, but TBH we are not in a position where we can afford to pay players to do nothing. A pragmatic approach is needed here I suppose but if the choice was to give a skilfull but unfit Zemmama a year or so on a maybe, or give fit tough tackling midfielder and 18 month deal when the January window opens, I would go with the second option.

Can we have a fit taller tough tackling midfielder, who can play a bit too, in January? :wink:

jdships
14-11-2010, 04:25 PM

:thumbsup: my take as well !!

Dunbar Hibee
14-11-2010, 04:28 PM
how is he a wage thief? He is injured, and therefore cannot play.

Yep, not a wage thief , when he does play he certainly earns his wages... Love watching him.

Dan Sarf
14-11-2010, 04:29 PM

How would you define "a wage thief"?

Cropley10
14-11-2010, 04:32 PM

:trumpet:

Check our record WITH and WITHOUT Zouma.

Thankfully you (and BH:wink:) aren't in charge.

We will not find another player with his skill and creativity for the money we pay him, not in a month of Sundays.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2010, 04:37 PM
:trumpet:

Check our record WITH and WITHOUT Zouma.

Thankfully you (and BH:wink:) aren't in charge.

We will not find another player with his skill and creativity for the money we pay him, not in a month of Sundays.

What you on about? I'd have us champions league winners within 5 years, on half the budget we have now. :wink:

truehibernian
14-11-2010, 04:41 PM
How would you define "a wage thief"?

Beslija, Pinilla, Brellier, Fyssas, Jankauskas, Bednar, Aguiar, Pospisil, Karipidis.

Now they are wage thiefs :greengrin Bless them all !

Certainly gave their all to make Hearts.........well, the same as they were previously.........distinctly average yet even more millions in debt :agree:

PISTOL1875
14-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Beslija, Pinilla, Brellier, Fyssas, Jankauskas, Bednar, Aguiar, Pospisil, Karipidis.

Now they are wage thiefs :greengrin Bless them all !

Certainly gave their all to make Hearts.........well, the same as they were previously.........distinctly average yet even more millions in debt :agree:

You forgot Kingston........

truehibernian
14-11-2010, 04:56 PM
You forgot Kingston........

I think even Hearts fans forgot about him. Well reminded.

Heckys Wheel
15-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Great wee player but 2 great games, then 4 weeks out injured, then 3 or 4 games to get his fitness back, before we get 2 great games again and then another injury.

It's a sore one but I don't even see a 1 year extension being good value anymore. :boo hoo:

hibsbollah
15-11-2010, 06:43 AM
I'd be mortified if we didnt give him a year extension. And I think we will.

Beefster
15-11-2010, 06:53 AM

I've never understood that attitude. Zemmama was injured whilst working for Hibs. If you or I broke a leg or did some serious ligament damage in the course of doing your job, I can guarantee that neither of us would refuse our wages whilst we recovered from the injury.

If you're suggesting that Zemmama is feigning injury rather than should be turning down his wages, you're talking utter nonsense.

Ozyhibby
15-11-2010, 08:57 AM
I've never understood that attitude. Zemmama was injured whilst working for Hibs. If you or I broke a leg or did some serious ligament damage in the course of doing your job, I can guarantee that neither of us would refuse our wages whilst we recovered from the injury.

If you're suggesting that Zemmama is feigning injury rather than should be turning down his wages, you're talking utter nonsense.

:top marks:agree:

smurf
15-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I would love to see him stay by extending his deal. But based on his number of games played in his time at ER there's just no way RP and the board will sanction the deal he'll be looking for.

Better i'd suggest to focus on getting Derek signed up.

ahibby
15-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Anyone know when he might figure for selection again? Is he back in full training?

ScottB
15-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Great player but too injury prone for me, particularly with the treatment he gets in the SPL, ie kicked off the pitch.

I think he'd thrive in a league somewhere warmer where skilled players aren't thumped off the park as a strategy to stop them! Would love it to work out and him get a good run of games for us, but it just hasn't happened, not sure that it will.

Hibee Daz
15-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Whilst I agree that on his day Zouma is indeed something special, but people are forgetting that Zouma can disappear out of a game just as quick as he can light one up!

I've come to the conclusion that the weeman just isn't suited to the Scottish game, because he is so diminutive he simply isn't built to ride tough tackles!
I believe we should be looking to sign bigger/tougher midfielders that have bit more grit as well as a bit of ability!

Hibee Daz
15-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Great player but too injury prone for me, particularly with the treatment he gets in the SPL, ie kicked off the pitch.

I think he'd thrive in a league somewhere warmer where skilled players aren't thumped off the park as a strategy to stop them! Would love it to work out and him get a good run of games for us, but it just hasn't happened, not sure that it will.

You just beat me to it bud, your spot on.:agree:

Dinkydoo
15-11-2010, 12:36 PM
I would love to see his contract extended as he is by far the most skillfully gifted player in the league.

Since we've given him this long it would be such a waste to let him go now. Come on Hibs, if the guy wants to show a bit of loyality then get his contract extended for another year!

:thumbsup:

sesoim
15-11-2010, 07:43 PM
I agree that he is lightweight, injury prone and he would do better abroad. But as we are lucky enough to have him here, we should try and keep him. In his time at the club, we have been way better results wise when he has been in the team. He might drift out of games, but he is easily capable of creating 2 or 3 goals out of nothing per game.

A basic £2k a week plus maybe £3k a game offer would be about right - the more he plays the more everyone benefits. I'd give him a two year contract extension. And if he can put together a good run of games, we could definitely sell him on for a decent sum.

basehibby
15-11-2010, 07:55 PM

:bitchy: VERY STUPID turn of phrase - like you're suggesting that Zouma deliberately bust his knee so he could have a rest?!?!?

:grr::grr::grr: :bye:

down-the-slope
15-11-2010, 08:29 PM
The difference with him is that he has always had respect / good things t say about the club and the way hes been treated...

He is also a gent who when approached when out and about (regular in ASDA Jewel) is always pleased to talk about the club etc and gives the fans time (others playes could learn a thing or two from him here).

His approach to any new deal will play a big part. If he is willing to be flexible and willing to have a deal that protects Hibs investment in him a bit then I think there is a deal to be done....we could wait a long time to get a player like him at any price...

It will obviously depend if he can hit his best form after such an injury / length of time...

random sub
15-11-2010, 08:57 PM
That wage thief chat is bang out of order!:taxi He got crocked good and proper while in a Hibs jersey by some Killie thug. The boy deserves a medal and a three year contract:notworthy:

col02
15-11-2010, 10:11 PM
In the seasons where he had a good run of games was he not always quite high up in the assist charts as well as good entertainment? If there is a guarantee that the injury he is recovering from will not flare up again then a one year deal with the option of another year makes a lot of sense to me!

DH1875
16-11-2010, 12:31 AM
A basic £2k a week plus maybe £3k a game offer would be about right - the more he plays the more everyone benefits. I'd give him a two year contract extension. And if he can put together a good run of games, we could definitely sell him on for a decent sum.

I wouldn't give him that. He ows us from all that marriage carry on so I'd give him a years contract on his current terms (to prove his fitness).

LeithBoozy
16-11-2010, 01:31 PM
It was a Falkirk player that done him, not Killie. :grr:

Green_one
16-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Pay per play

It will save about 80% of his wages, minimum.

Good wee player but not suited to our league and far too injury prone. Thought he was at his best when playing with Benji.

1 year or nowt.

BryanV
16-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Pay per play

It will save about 80% of his wages, minimum.

Good wee player but not suited to our league and far too injury prone. Thought he was at his best when playing with Benji.

1 year or nowt.

During the opening months of last season he was stand out for us, whether Benji played or not. I particularly enjoyed his rampant display against Motherwell in the 3-1 victory. When he is fit he is as talented a player as there is in Scotland. If we give him one year and he stays injury free and plays well would you be happy for him to leave for nothing?