PDA

View Full Version : CC so far

EasterRoad4Ever
13-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Really wasn't sure about CCs first few interviews and still not sure he's that comfortable in front of the cameras .... but.......

starting to understand his approach and the very different style to his predecessor !

Quietly assured, doesn't fill his chat with cliches, doesn't make outrageous claims or predictions and watching his approach on the touchline today it's clear he has a dignity about him which Hughes lacked... a steely determination of a man who knows what he needs to do.

Really pleased for CC - cracking last 4 days - and atarting to get a tad excited about how he might take the club forward. Early days, but maybe we've hit rock bottom and on the way up at long last.

bigstu
13-11-2010, 08:46 PM
couldn't care less about his interviews or chat as long as he does the business as a football manager. i can put up with a guy who lacks confidence infront of the camera if he wins games.

Robinho08
13-11-2010, 08:46 PM
It's still early days, and the derby was a bit of a set back. But the way we responded with two wins in 4 days is excellent. We played well in the 1st half today and maybe it coincides with Murray's return but we look more organised with a bit more fight than we had under Hughes. I'm quietly confident CC is the right man!

Bookkeeper
13-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Really wasn't sure about CCs first few interviews and still not sure he's that comfortable in front of the cameras .... but.......

starting to understand his approach and the very different style to his predecessor !

Quietly assured, doesn't fill his chat with cliches, doesn't make outrageous claims or predictions and watching his approach on the touchline today it's clear he has a dignity about him which Hughes lacked... a steely determination of a man who knows what he needs to do.

Really pleased for CC - cracking last 4 days - and atarting to get a tad excited about how he might take the club forward. Early days, but maybe we've hit rock bottom and on the way up at long last.

Been very impressed with him so far! Heres hoping we keep it going :agree:

PatHead
13-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Do look more solid. Murray has stiiffened up midfield. Would never have scored a "route 1" goal like todays as Yogi would have made us pass it 200 timesaround the back before giving the ball away.

saltandsauce
13-11-2010, 08:51 PM
i would like to have heard the conversation cc and craigen had just after the ft whistle...

West Stand View
13-11-2010, 09:05 PM
i would like to have heard the conversation cc and craigen had just after the ft whistle...

Certainly spent a bit more time that normal shaking hands and chatting.

Cropley10
14-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Do you guys in the West Lower miss Yogi's banter and commentary ? :devil:

Expecting Rain
14-11-2010, 11:33 AM
He appears to have a calm and measured approach, it would have been easy to panic after the Aberdeen and Hearts games but instead of just watching these games like his predeccessors he has learned very quickly from these defeats and gave the team a bit of shape, confidence and belief.

EasterRoad4Ever
14-11-2010, 01:12 PM
couldn't care less about his interviews or chat as long as he does the business as a football manager. i can put up with a guy who lacks confidence infront of the camera if he wins games.

Its no coincidence that those managers who come across best in the media tend to be the better managers. Mowbray and McLeish were our most articulate managers in recent years, and by far the best we've had. Hughes was a repetitive blethering idiot who never ever talked about decisions, tactics, substitutions and filled his interviews with cliches and big statements. Given the shambles Hibs became under his tenure, it's likely his team talks were no different.

Sir David Gray
14-11-2010, 01:17 PM

Certainly spent a bit more time that normal shaking hands and chatting.

I would say that it was almost certainly about the Phil O'Donnell controversy.

greenlex
14-11-2010, 01:35 PM

What makes you say that Falkirk?

Westie1875
14-11-2010, 01:47 PM

Why?

I think it was instigated by CC and someone suggested it may have had something to do with Craigan trying to get the ref to send Murray off after the collision with the keeper.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2010, 01:50 PM

CC just asked him if a fly was travelling north along a railway track at 2 miles an hour and a train is heading south at 125mph, what speed are they each doing at the precise moment they collide?

Sir David Gray
14-11-2010, 01:56 PM
What makes you say that Falkirk?

Craigan was obviously at Motherwell when O'Donnell died and probably wouldn't have been best pleased by Calderwood's comments at the time.

I could be well off the mark, it was maybe nothing at all to do with that and might have been connected with something that happened in yesterday's match instead. I just think that because of the publicity that Calderwood's comments got in the couple of days leading up to yesterday's game, it makes sense that Craigan would have challenged him on what he said at the time.

I'm maybe trying to add two and two and coming up with five though.

AndersonGGTTH
14-11-2010, 02:13 PM
i was speaking to john rankkin and he said the maain reason why the team have all of a sudden found that spark because ian murray. both deeks and rankin said that , and also deeks said trakys should of got man of the match:greengrin

Hibbyradge
14-11-2010, 02:25 PM
CC just asked him if a fly was travelling north along a railway track at 2 miles an hour and a train is heading south at 125mph, what speed are they each doing at the precise moment they collide?

What did he say? :dunno:

therealgavmac
14-11-2010, 02:26 PM

:thumbsup::top marks

Hibbyradge
14-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Sorry to buck the trend here, but I'm not impressed.

CC has had plenty of interviews on Hibs TV, the BBC and with newspapers, but there's been no mention of him having undertaken any sub nautical adventures, never mind actually captaining any submarines around the Baltic sea.

Plus, I've spent hours searching Google, Bing and Yahoo etc, but try as I might, I can find no sign of him having a website at all, not to mention a good one.

I give him till Christmas.

Cropley10
14-11-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm maybe trying to add two and two and coming up with five though.

I think it is precisely what you have done...:wink:

Colin offered a very sincere and thorough apology last week to the PO'D

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2010, 03:09 PM
What did he say? :dunno:

Not sure, all i heard was something about walnuts?

BSEJVT
14-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Reply to OP

CC Blooms?

thebakerboy
14-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Think one of CC's best traits is playing players where they are most comfortable and that has taken a few weeks till he got to know them. Playing NID where he used to play as Hibs captain and back as captain is an excellent move , add in Trakyss being a revelation up front and a new drive in the squad I personally think Colin Calderwood is doing a very good job and the final touch is his new assistant , what a coup that is.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin