PDA

View Full Version : Game on BBC Alba again at 11.00pm

Hibbyradge
13-11-2010, 07:59 PM
In case you missed it...

Bristolhibby
13-11-2010, 08:22 PM
It was on at 17:30 this evening. Watched it earlier. Great result.

Titch
13-11-2010, 08:24 PM
got back in the house just as deeks stuck the second away luckily the missus had it sky + :wink:
stone wall penalty for me why is hart pulling at the guys shirt??????? silly boy:grr:

Mango Man
13-11-2010, 08:26 PM
How do you actually watch bbc alba online? been trying and i have downloaded that veetle thing but can't seem to find it anywhere. :confused:

Bobby's Cinema
13-11-2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_alba/watchlive

If youve got that running before 11pm when its due to start, that should keep going for the Hibs game :thumbsup:

Worked for me last time anyway

Part/Time Supporter
13-11-2010, 08:55 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_alba/watchlive

If youve got that running before 11pm when its due to start, that should keep going for the Hibs game :thumbsup:

Worked for me last time anyway

Doesn't normally work on iplayer, due to rights restrictions.

cabbageandribs1875
13-11-2010, 09:47 PM
How do you actually watch bbc alba online? been trying and i have downloaded that veetle thing but can't seem to find it anywhere. :confused:

pretty sure veetle took alba off there programmes list

edit: or it might have been zattoo

Hibbyradge
13-11-2010, 09:56 PM

It does say "On next - Hibs v Motherwell".

Fingers crossed.

Hibbyradge
13-11-2010, 10:03 PM
:boo hoo:

Only available on TV. And not Virginmedia.

seanraff07
13-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Not working for me?

Mikey
13-11-2010, 10:06 PM
I've never heard a minute's silence in Gaelic before.

Bobby's Cinema
13-11-2010, 10:07 PM

Spot on :grr:

Sir David Gray
13-11-2010, 10:13 PM

:grr: Don't get me started on that.

Why can't we have one SPL match shown, in full, on a Saturday night like they do just now, with an English commentary?

Only 60,000 people in the entire country speak Gaelic and I'm willing to bet that the number of people who attend SPL games and who also speak Gaelic are in low double figures.

Ridiculous.

Rant over. :greengrin

marinello59
13-11-2010, 10:23 PM

Why can't we have one SPL match shown, in full, on a Saturday night like they do just now, with an English commentary?

Only 60,000 people in the entire country speak Gaelic and I'm willing to bet that the number of people who attend SPL games and who also speak Gaelic are in low double figures.

Ridiculous.

Because Alba won the rights?
Gaelic is part of our culture with the number of gaelic speakers now growing. It shouldn't be about a numbers game, even if the majority don't speak it we see it every day in our place names etc.
And anyway, I prefer the gaelic commentary to the normal nonsense we get.:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
13-11-2010, 10:30 PM

.... they didn't have Gaelic subtitles for CC shouting "F'in hell, Sol!!" :grr:

speedy_gonzales
13-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Gaelic is part of our culture with the number of gaelic speakers now growing. It shouldn't be about a numbers game, even if the majority don't speak it we see it every day in our place names etc.

Dinnae get me started about gael and numbers! Place names, aye, there's a few that have gaelic origins, but there's just as many from celtic, latin, germanic and off course loads in english.

Then there's the Scottish parliament, with as many gaelic guides as there are english speaking.

Whether we like it or not, Scotland has always had a wide mix of language, NEVER, at any point have we all spoke gaelic!

So, should BBC Alba have these exclusive rights paid for by the majority but aimed at one of the many minorities?

marinello59
13-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Dinnae get me started about gael and numbers! Place names, aye, there's a few that have gaelic origins, but there's just as many from celtic, latin, germanic and off course loads in english.

Then there's the Scottish parliament, with as many gaelic guides as there are english speaking.

Whether we like it or not, Scotland has always had a wide mix of language, NEVER, at any point have we all spoke gaelic!

So, should BBC Alba have these exclusive rights paid for by the majority but aimed at one of the many minorities?

Maybe the latin lobbbyists haven't been quite as persistent as the gaelic mob.:greengrin

Hibbyradge
13-11-2010, 10:41 PM

We've hardly spoke English. :wink:

jabis
13-11-2010, 10:42 PM

Whether we like it or not, Scotland has always had a wide mix of language, NEVER, at any point have we all spoke gaelic!So, should BBC Alba have these exclusive rights paid for by the majority but aimed at one of the many minorities?

pouge ma hone(sp)((but as we have NEVER spoke gaelic,ther's no-one to correct me ........sweet !))

edit;just read the ALL part........weel thats me an' ma Doric fu.........

Sir David Gray
13-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Because Alba won the rights?
And anyway, I prefer the gaelic commentary to the normal nonsense we get.:greengrin

I know they won the rights, I just think it's ludicrous that we have a channel that costs millions from taxpayers' money and hardly anyone in the country can understand any of the programmes that they produce.

If the 60,000 Gaelic speakers in the country want their own channel, I think they should pay for it themselves. It's not as if those 60,000 people only speak Gaelic, they are all bilingual as they can all speak English as well.

The translated place names are a disgrace as well. I got the train through to the derby last week and it stopped at Linlithgow (or should that be Gleann Iucha :bitchy:). I can just about understand the place names being translated in the Western Isles and North West Highlands, where almost all of the Gaelic speakers are concentrated, but to have it down here is just a complete nonsense and a total waste of public money.

A lot of people in this country have enough problems trying to speak/write English, without having to bother about Gaelic. Maybe the SNP should consider putting all their efforts into improving the standards of the country's main language before they think about promoting a second one.

CropleyWasGod
13-11-2010, 11:49 PM
I know they won the rights, I just think it's ludicrous that we have a channel that costs millions from taxpayers' money and hardly anyone in the country can understand any of the programmes that they produce.

If the 60,000 Gaelic speakers in the country want their own channel, I think they should pay for it themselves. It's not as if those 60,000 people only speak Gaelic, they are all bilingual as they can all speak English as well.

The translated place names are a disgrace as well. I got the train through to the derby last week and it stopped at Linlithgow (or should that be Gleann Iucha :bitchy:). I can just about understand the place names being translated in the Western Isles and North West Highlands, where almost all of the Gaelic speakers are concentrated, but to have it down here is just a complete nonsense and a total waste of public money.

A lot of people in this country have enough problems trying to speak/write English, without having to bother about Gaelic. Maybe the SNP should consider putting all their efforts into improving the standards of the country's main language before they think about promoting a second one.

To be fair to Alba, most of their programmes are sub-titled. There are a lot of decent programmes on there, particularly in the music and current affairs field. Eorpa, for example, is probably the most informative and wide-ranging programme that any Scottish company has produced in 20 years.

Maybe you should give it a try.

IWasThere2016
14-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Get SKY - problem sorted :greengrin

It was a pen - however compared to what Sallyplookarse does every week for them it was a rough decision!

Still we bounced back - and hopefully that's the corner turned :thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
14-11-2010, 10:49 AM

Ridiculous.

Failte, failte, an Hibs bheil bhos :thumbsup:

Malthibby
14-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Faigh muin. Do the admins block naughty Gaelic words?