PDA

View Full Version : Ref today

keep the faith
13-11-2010, 07:33 PM
At a time when refs are getting a hammering. I thought his handling of the Murray and Trackys bookings were first class. He dished out the cards - and one each also for Craigan and Reynolds for harrassing and agitating for reds.

Good stuff. Exactly what refs should be doing for the likes of Rio Ferdinand. who seems to involve himself in every ref/linesman consultation going.

RickyS
13-11-2010, 07:38 PM
At a time when refs are getting a hammering. I thought his handling of the Murray and Trackys bookings were first class. He dished out the cards - and one each also for Craigan and Reynolds for harrassing and agitating for reds.

Good stuff. Exactly what refs should be doing for the likes of Rio Ferdinand. who seems to involve himself in every ref/linesman consultation going.

Just the biggest decision he got wrong then?

keep the faith
13-11-2010, 07:40 PM

I know mate. Thats a whole other thread!!

I just liked to see a ref actually dealing with these guys who try to get others sent off.

Hibbyradge
13-11-2010, 07:41 PM

I thought it was a stone wall penalty, if that's what you're referring to.

fife hfc
13-11-2010, 07:46 PM
I thought it was a stone wall penalty, if that's what you're referring to.

Going tell me what he gave it for:confused:

Hibbyradge
13-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Going tell me what he gave it for:confused:

Shirt pulling?

Broken Gnome
13-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Not specifically his fault, but Riordan being flagged for offside when two yards inside his own half was a good one.

fife hfc
13-11-2010, 07:50 PM
I was just wondering as it looked like he took the ball cleanly.

fife hfc
13-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Not specifically his fault, but Riordan being flagged for offside when two yards inside his own half was a good one.

That was just an amazing decision. sitting in the upper tier of the FF I could see he was in his own half and actually bent his run to stay on side.

fife hfc
13-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Was also told by somebody sitting in the lower west that Reynolds headbutted Trakys at the end (getting old not sure what happened myself). If so Mcdonald bottled it in letting him stay on the pitch.

Malthibby
13-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Looked like the ref realised the linesman had screwed up when he got 'Well to take the free-kick almost on the half-way line. Very poor decision, although ignoring Rankin's handball before the pass to Riordan was hilarious.
GG

matty_f
13-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I thought the ref and his assistants were absolutely woeful today. Terrible.

Hibernian Verse
13-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Having watched the penalty on alba, definitely a pen. Hart pulls him down.

And he'll give many more away this season.

EasterRoad4Ever
13-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I thought the ref and his assistants were absolutely woeful today. Terrible.

Agreed, the two footed tackle just before he gave the pen was a case in point - terrible decision. Terrible ref, who's integrity is in tatters. He has no credibility, is basically unable to referee a Celtic match. The whole thing is crazy.

saltandsauce
13-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Was also told by somebody sitting in the lower west that Reynolds headbutted Trakys at the end (getting old not sure what happened myself). If so Mcdonald bottled it in letting him stay on the pitch.

was also in west lower and reynolds should deffo have walked shoved his head in 2-3 times before ref stepped in