PDA

View Full Version : Archerfield Links

IWasThere2016
13-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Played the Dirleton yesterday.

Very blowy so tough going but a beautiful golf course. Super fast greens, and some lovely holes.

And Sandy Lyle in the clubhouse too ..

greenlex
14-11-2010, 08:18 AM
That reminds me. Sorry Dave. I will chase it up. Completely slipped my mind.:(

BroxburnHibee
14-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Never played the Dirleton - played Fidra a few times though.

Beautiful course and nice wee bar after the 9th :greengrin

Golden Bear
14-11-2010, 09:03 AM

Very blowy so tough going but a beautiful golf course. Super fast greens, and some lovely holes.

Jealous ain't the word!

southfieldhibby
15-11-2010, 11:37 AM

Play down there quite a bit, both lovely courses, and while most prefer Fidra, Dirleton is a better course imo.

Played Renaissance last weekend, it's bloody terrific but hard as nails (hardest course I've played anywhere) they will announce today/the morra that it will be the new host of the Scottish Open after Castle Stuart hosts for one year next year whilst Renaissance builds three new holes, which will knock yer socks off they are that good.

East Lothian golf is the best in Europe imo.

Golden Bear
15-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Play down there quite a bit, both lovely courses, and while most prefer Fidra, Dirleton is a better course imo.

Played Renaissance last weekend, it's bloody terrific but hard as nails (hardest course I've played anywhere) they will announce today/the morra that it will be the new host of the Scottish Open after Castle Stuart hosts for one year next year whilst Renaissance builds three new holes, which will knock yer socks off they are that good.

East Lothian golf is the best in Europe imo.

Interesting re the Scottish Open.

It's a pity that Loch Lomond will no longer be the venue as it is a brilliant course for spectating. But oh these *loody midgies! :grr:

I've not heard much about Castle Stuart and i'm a wee bit surprised that a venue so far north has been chosen albeit you say it is only for a year.

The Renaissance will be handy for local interest and it will be interesting to see what the Pros make of it.

IWasThere2016
15-11-2010, 08:33 PM
I've played the Renaissance also - it is a superb golf course. Strange mix of links/heath/trees etc but quite stunning. It is a tough track :agree:

I agree with southfield East Lothian is breath-taking for golf at this moment in time!

southfieldhibby
16-11-2010, 10:29 AM
I've played the Renaissance also - it is a superb golf course. Strange mix of links/heath/trees etc but quite stunning. It is a tough track :agree:

I agree with southfield East Lothian is breath-taking for golf at this moment in time!

High praise from someone from Monifieth,which has a pretty handy run of courses from there to Arbroath :greengrin