PDA

View Full Version : Players Ratings

Borders Hibby
13-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Couldnt make it today for health reasons, would like the ratings from anyone who was there. Always gives a better picture of what happened. Ta!:greengrin

lucky
13-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Brown--7 had nothing to do but gives the back 4 confidence
Hart-- 6 worked hard
Grounds 7 linked up well going forward defended well
Bamba 7 good solid defending
Dickho--7 took a sore hope he is alright

DeGraff--7 best game in Hibs shirt , took two heavy knocks , missed in second half
Miller 7 work hard
Murray 7 put himself about well
Rankin 7 worked very hard

Deeks 8 took his goals well
Trackie bottoms--9 outstanding real target man

Stevenson-- 6 needs more belief
Thicot 5 worked hard when came on
Hanlon 6 did well

Calderwood 9 set the team up correctly made the subs when needed

Fans 9 best performance of the season

MussyHibby
13-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Hart-- 6 worked hard
Dicho--7 took a sore hope he is alright

DeGraff--7 best game in Hibs shirt , took two heavy knocks , missed in second half
Miller 7 work hard

Hanlon 6 did well

Don't disagree with any of that :agree:

hibee_girl
13-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Brown 7 - Didn't have a lot to do but what he did do he did well :greengrin
Hart 7 - Good game from him, managed to push up a few times
Bamba 8 - there were a few shaky moments from him but for the most part he was solid
Dickoh 8 - Solid. Hope his injury isn't as bad as it looked
Grounds 7 - Good game
Miller 6 - Still pulls out of a tackle far too much but he did put himself about a bit more today
De Graaf 7 - First time I've been impressed with him
Rankin 6 - Worked hard, made some timely challenges but his passing let him down at times
Murray 8 - Solid
Riordan 8 - Two good goals, could have got his hat trick if it wasn't for a good save from Well keeper
Trakys 9 - My MOM.

Stevenson 5 - Did well but he's pushed off the ball a bit too easily sometimes
Hanlon 6 - Reliable
Thicot 6 - Made a couple of great tackles and seemed to push the team up the pitch instead of sitting deep

Borders Hibby
Hart-- 6 worked hard

Miller 7 work hard

Hanlon 6 did well

Smashing work, thanks.:agree:

hibsbollah
Hart-- 6 worked hard

Miller 7 work hard

Hanlon 6 did well

Hard to disagree with much of that. I'd give Hart a 5-his distribution was poor and was caught out of position a few more times than i'd like. Dickoh was looking like potential MOM until his injury, but i'll give it to Trachys.

frazeHFC
13-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Brown 7 - Didn't have a lot to do but what he did do he did well :greengrin
Hart 7 - Good game from him, managed to push up a few times
Bamba 8 - there were a few shaky moments from him but for the most part he was solid
Dickoh 8 - Solid. Hope his injury isn't as bad as it looked
Grounds 7 - Good game
Miller 6 - Still pulls out of a tackle far too much but he did put himself about a bit more today
De Graaf 7 - First time I've been impressed with him
Rankin 6 - Worked hard, made some timely challenges but his passing let him down at times
Murray 8 - Solid
Riordan 8 - Two good goals, could have got his hat trick if it wasn't for a good save from Well keeper
Trakys 9 - My MOM.

Stevenson 5 - Did well but he's pushed off the ball a bit too easily sometimes
Hanlon 6 - Reliable
Thicot 6 - Made a couple of great tackles and seemed to push the team up the pitch instead of sitting deep

I would agree with all of this, apart from maybe a 6 for Hart as he looked a wee bit slow. Maybe even a 9 for Murray as he was brilliant.

Hibs Class
13-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Thought De Graaf played well in the first half before he went off. Stevenson looked okay when he came on but he needs to keep it simple - tried a couple of flicks & backheels which didn't come off at a time when we were needing to just keep possession.

Broken Gnome
13-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Don't think you could begrudge anyone a 7 at the very least. There was the odd shaky moment for team and individual alike; Riordan started poorly for instance but then became the player we all know he is, Miller was excellent until the short period up to his withdrawal (a little too cute or risky in some of his play close to Hibs' goal at times), Hart did ok with the odd worrying moment...

8's for Murray (does the dirty work McBride was lauded for and more), Grounds (best game for Hibs), the two centre halfs (the odd Bamba-ism aside, both defended very well), Riordan and Trakys (a little too eager to get rid of the ball at times, but a million miles from the player I thought he was). Wasn;t easy for Hanlon to come on and keep up Dickoh's good work either, but he was faultless.

Good, enjoyable game. Felt like the home games of 3/4 years ago at times. Well done Colin.

Cropley10
13-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Don't think you could begrudge anyone a 7 at the very least. There was the odd shaky moment for team and individual alike; Riordan started poorly for instance but then became the player we all know he is, Miller was excellent until the short period up to his withdrawal (a little too cute or risky in some of his play close to Hibs' goal at times), Hart did ok with the odd worrying moment...

8's for Murray (does the dirty work McBride was lauded for and more), Grounds (best game for Hibs), the two centre halfs (the odd Bamba-ism aside, both defended very well), Riordan and Trakys (a little too eager to get rid of the ball at times, but a million miles from the player I thought he was). Wasn;t easy for Hanlon to come on and keep up Dickoh's good work either, but he was faultless.

Good, enjoyable game. Felt like the home games of 3/4 years ago at times. Well done Colin.

Agree. But for me Rankin second half did zip. It was like playing with 10. Wotherspoon might have been a better option on the RHS.

Enjoyed the game. First time in ages: thumbsup:

truehibernian
13-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Really committed performance today from every player involved.

Hibs support was tremendous today, even when players like Rankin and Stevenson made little errors, there was no howls of derision and pointing fingers, just encouragement.

Murray just oozes the qualities you need in a midfield and in a team. Not only the players got a kick from his fully committed attitude, the fans did too.

My thoughts on the game..........slow, nervy first few minutes for some reason and conceding a soft penalty (which was). The the "Ibrox Hibs" came out to play, and for 20 minutes it was just tremendous football, a mix of first touch passing, pacey build up, really good chasing and closing down. Trakys was simply superb and unplayable first half. Never gave up, won his headers, stayed on his feet (and onside), always showing and running channels giving Hart an outlet, and involved in all the build-up's with clever flicks and touches.

Riordan's finishing was clinical. Great finishes for both and in the second half the save Randolph made prevented a goal of the season. Again, clever link up play by Trakys.

Murray dropped a wee bit too deep for me second half, which allowed Hately and their midfield to grab a lot of unchallenged possession.

Grounds I thought was the weak link today. Not at all convinced by him. Yes, at times he cleared his lines well, but he stood off that winger too often and it was Murray who really helped him out a few times second half. Ranks got a little isolated on the right as all the play seemed to be down our left side second half.

Bamba and Dickoh looked smoooooooth !!! Very good partnership there IMHO. Bamba kept his challenges fair and didn't dive in.

De Graaf was very impressive and we missed his energy in midfield second half. Good good showing today, his best so far for Hibs.

Crowd for me were just immense, especially the last 10 minutes. Drove the team on, got 100% behind them and the lads responded.

Just a fantastic end to the week after last Sunday. Fully fully deserved 3 points today.

essexhibee
13-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Id like to give Thicot an 8 simply for his wonderful effort late on... straight onto the stewards heed. Nearly knocked him over!

Classic! :hilarious:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jones28
13-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Brown - 7 - Confident, especially at set pieces, best goalie Hibs have had since god knows...

Hart - 7 - Solid performance, would maybe have liked to see him closing down more.
Dickoh - 8 - Excellent until his injury, G.W.S/Hanlon - 8 - Almost as though Dickoh was never gone
Bamba - 8 - Same as Dickoh, won everything, back to his best!
Grounds - 8 - Classy performance, very unlucky not to score towards the end, the next Murphy?

Rankin - 8 - Proved the Rankin-bashers wrong today, ran himself ragged in the first half, was not as effective towards the end of the match.
Murray - 9 - MOTM: Solid, committed and creative,everything you want from a captain and everything Hibs have not been of late. Should be made club captain permanently.
Miller - 8 - Continuing his good form from wednesday night, long may it continue!/Thicot - 7 - Tackled well and added the bite that was lost as Miller got more and more tired. Found his ideal position perhaps? CDM?
De Graaf - 7 - Starting to look a player for Hibs now, spread his passes around well, great touches and showed some real Dutch Courage in the tackle/Stevenson - 6 - Made a couple of poor decisions and would not have been my first choice replacement (I would've kept Rankin on the left and brought on Wotherspoon) but started to get more into it as the game went on.

Riordan - 8 - 2 very well taken goals. Looked very eager to make up for his performance against Hearts and he did so today IMHO.
Trakys - 8 - He is the hold up/flick on centre forward we need. Colin Nish will be moved on now in january I think. Valdas was composed, had a great touch and linked well with the rest of the team.

Gaffer - 9 - Good decision to put Riordan back into the team, made the changes we needed as the game got played more and more in the Hibs half, and 3 points at home against Motherwell always means a good performance from the manager, well done CC

Ref - 4 - was right to give the Motherwell penalty but his decisions were erratic at best and Hibs should have had a free-kick for a foul on Trakys before-hand.

shamo9
13-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Humphrey is Motherwell's danger man and he's given us problems in the past with his pace. Grounds deserves credit for managing to keep him quiet, ably assisted by Murray.

Broken Gnome
13-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Grounds I thought was the weak link today. Not at all convinced by him. Yes, at times he cleared his lines well, but he stood off that winger too often and it was Murray who really helped him out a few times second half.

If a full back rushes out to a winger who has the legs on him, he'll get skinned time after time. Thought we dealt with Blackman, Humphrey and Murphy pretty well, not every time admittedly, but Brown has hardly anything to do.

hibsbollah
13-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Humphrey is Motherwell's danger man and he's given us problems in the past with his pace. Grounds deserves credit for managing to keep him quiet, ably assisted by Murray.

:agree:Grouunds did really well, must have made the position his by now.

truehibernian
13-11-2010, 07:45 PM
If a full back rushes out to a winger who has the legs on him, he'll get skinned time after time. Thought we dealt with Blackman, Humphrey and Murphy pretty well, not every time admittedly, but Brown has hardly anything to do.

Not saying he should dive in, but he should have got closer to Humphrey second half and closed down the space he had to drive into. He was given far too much room IMHO.

Hart on the right flank was tighter to Murphy and as such he had to cut inside most of the time and was then faced with two Hibs midfielders. Not slating Grounds, as he cleared his lines well and defended simply (notably when Brown dithered second half and Grounds did the simple thing and headed behind instead of trying the header back). He may indeed come good. Very unlucky with his curling shot second half.

Crab apple
13-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Good team performance today. We look more organised and there was a lot of effort. Special mentions for Murray and Trakys. What a difference a week makes.

West Stand View
13-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Hart-- 6 worked hard

Miller 7 work hard

Hanlon 6 did well

Agreed with the crowd comment. Glad boos today were only for Ref!

The Harp Awakes
13-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Not saying he should dive in, but he should have got closer to Humphrey second half and closed down the space he had to drive into. He was given far too much room IMHO.

Hart on the right flank was tighter to Murphy and as such he had to cut inside most of the time and was then faced with two Hibs midfielders. Not slating Grounds, as he cleared his lines well and defended simply (notably when Brown dithered second half and Grounds did the simple thing and headed behind instead of trying the header back). He may indeed come good. Very unlucky with his curling shot second half.

Grounds looks a class act to me although I agree his defending can be a bit erratic at times. The nutmeg and curling shot near the end of the match showed he is a decent player. Looks to be growing in confidence and hoepfully we can hold onto him after January.

NAE NOOKIE
13-11-2010, 10:11 PM
A really good team performance today and nobody had a bad game really.

When I got home last Sunday I wouldnt have thought for a second that only 6 days later I would have been so up beat about Hibs.

From the players to the fans today everything seems to have lifted. Long may it continue.

Hibs .... The most infuriating, confusing, frustrating, head messing .. WONDERFUL football club in the world.

How could you support anybody else :thumbsup:

...WentToMowAnSPL
13-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Hibs .... The most infuriating, confusing, frustrating, head messing .. WONDERFUL football club in the world.

How could you support anybody else :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::grr::greengrin

Albion Hibs
14-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Brown -7 had nothing to do but gives the back 4 confidence

Hart - 6 worked hard caught out a couple of times, was fortunate with the offiside call at the end of the 2nd half.

Bamba - 7 good game, won everything he could and did not give away silly fouls on the edge of the box.

Dickho -7 Played very well, was a bit worried when he came off, fingers crossed he is okay

Grounds - 7 linked up well going forward was a bit suspect for the cross that led to there penatly but all in all good shift.

DeGraff -7 Carried on where he left off on Wed with another good performance, think we missed him in the second half.

Miller -7 Played very well tried to get the attack going everytime he got the ball.

Murray -8 Controlled both the Hibs team and the motherwell attacking players. Looked to constantly be organising the team and it is certainly no coincidence that the results have improved with him back in the team.

Rankin -7 Worked hard, tracked back went forward, played very well. Has done more than silence the grunts on here that consistantly had a go at him.

Deeks -8 took his goals well and did a lot of running about

Trackyss -8 think he was fantastic. A real positive addition, cant remember that last time we had the option of a striker holding up play like that. Worked well alongside riordan and think he will do the same with nish.

Stevenson 6
Thicot 5
Hanlon 6
Calderwood 9
Fans 9 (For those that turned up)

Hibbyradge
14-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Is it possible to read players ratings from an online newspaper (I use the term loosely)?

FromTheCapital
14-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Brown...7 - Did what he had to do well... No chance with the soft penalty.
Hart...7 - Pushed up more and did very well at right back, Good Performance.
Grounds...7 - Came close with a good curling shot, Did well overall aswell.
Bamba...8 - Superb performance again from him, Excellent in the air too.
Dickoh...7 - Hope he's ok, Would've probably got an 8/9 had he continued.
Miller...6 - Very good first half but fell away a bit after an hour, Replaced by Thicot.
de Graaf...8 - Was amazing up till his hopefully minor injury. Replaced by Stevenson.
Rankin...7 - Ran his socks off. Fell away like Miller after about 75 minutes. Well Done.
Murray...8 - Brilliant performance from Ian. Maybe should've walked at the end ?
Riordan...8 - Two goals, And almost bagged a super hat-trick, Scotland Call-Up ?
Trakys...9 - Never did anything wrong, Brilliant, My MOTM. Well Done Big Man !

Subs :

Stevenson...6 - Did ok, A bit to weak but got up and down the left wing well.
Hanlon...7 - Reliable, Did a good short shift.
Thicot...7 - Some excellent through balls, Midfielder in my eyes.

Manager :

CC...10 - Tactics spot on and did well with Subs he made.

Crowd :

Fans...9 - Got behind the lads well when they went 1 down, Superb !

Ref :

McDonald...5 - Gave Trakys correct fouls but was never a penalty.

Linesmen :

Riordan was somehow offside in his own half :confused: A bit biast towards the Well.

Give the Linesmen a 4.

PatHead
14-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Linesmen :

Riordan was somehow offside in his own half :confused: A bit biast towards the Well.

Give the Linesmen a 4.[/QUOTE] Also disallowed Well goal which was onside. Does that make it a 5?