13-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Magnificent

Jones28
13-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Magnificent

:agree: :flag:

SneakersO'Toole
13-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Especially towards the end of the game when everyone was trying to push the players over the finish line.

The East stand can create some noise when it wants to.

Martin
13-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Especially towards the end of the game when everyone was trying to push the players over the finish line.

The East stand can create some noise when it wants to.

They all can - not just the east

ionahibby
13-11-2010, 05:08 PM
The singing section was brilliant today and was good to see the rest of the east stand join in as well! West was quiet as per though :greengrin

TornadoHibby
13-11-2010, 05:09 PM
The singing section was brilliant today and was good to see the rest of the east stand join in as well! West was quiet as per though :greengrin

Not where I was sitting it wasn't! :grr: :greengrin

Ritchie
13-11-2010, 05:09 PM
First game I've enjoyed this season :thumbsup:

Delighted tonight

ionahibby
13-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Not where I was sitting it wasn't! :grr: :greengrin

Ok i heard one person sing in the west good for him :greengrin

frazeHFC
13-11-2010, 05:52 PM
As soon as they scored the penalty the noise increased to lift the team. Constant singing for 90 minutes for the first time in a long while.

Brilliant :top marks

Twiglet
13-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Atmosphere was amazing, and the west was making noise, for once. Everyone was behind the team. The last 15 minutes was amazing. From what Calderwood said on Hibs TV it seems like the players felt it too. Shows what a bit of support can do for a tiring team.

Sir David Gray
13-11-2010, 06:50 PM
It's the first home game that I have really enjoyed, pretty much from start to finish, for a long while and I include the moment when Motherwell scored in that as well because the Hibs fans responded immediately and I think that helped the players.

It would have been easy for the moans and groans to start, particularly after what had happened in our last home game, but it was great to hear singing and encouragement for a change and long may it continue.

There's been an air of negativity surrounding Easter Road for a very long time now and it's about time that changed.

Capt Mainwaring
13-11-2010, 07:29 PM

Not round me it wasn't. We gave McDonald pelters for the penalty, we roared to influence every Motherwell tackle being afoul and we cheered as loud as most when we scored. We encouraged every tackle, every run, every block and showed our appreciation for the players efforts at full time a by a huge standing ovation.

Don't tell me the West Stand Lower Section don't play their part.

GGTTH

Gatecrasher
13-11-2010, 07:37 PM
the Minute silence was well observed by both sets of fans today and the atmosphere was good once the game got going - long may it continue :thumbsup:

Thomson1875
13-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Atmophere was good in the singing section after well scored, the Hail Hail sounded pretty loud.

Heard the west stand join in with Hibees clap clap clap Hibees a few times, as you could here the famous five end of the west.

last 10-15minutes was good.

Hibernian Hibernian Ra Ra Ra

West Stand View
13-11-2010, 09:10 PM
It's the first home game that I have really enjoyed, pretty much from start to finish, for a long while and I include the moment when Motherwell scored in that as well because the Hibs fans responded immediately and I think that helped the players.

It would have been easy for the moans and groans to start, particularly after what had happened in our last home game, but it was great to hear singing and encouragement for a change and long may it continue.

There's been an air of negativity surrounding Easter Road for a very long time now and it's about time that changed.

Couldn't agree more

The Harp Awakes
13-11-2010, 09:34 PM
The crowd spurred on the team the last 15 and we held out fairly comfortably. Makes such a difference when the fans are supporting the players and not getting on their backs. Well done all.

Brads Laing
13-11-2010, 11:01 PM
The singing section was brilliant today
Was this the same singing section that disgraced our club last week by chucking coins?

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2010, 11:06 PM
The crowd spurred on the team the last 15 and we held out fairly comfortably. Makes such a difference when the fans are supporting the players and not getting on their backs. Well done all.

:top marks Nae moaning when players gave the ball away, just fans backing the team for 90 minutes. :thumbsup: It does make a big difference.

Shrekko
13-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Atmosphere was great this week. I'd say that in this game and the Killie game the fans actualy helped the team for the first time in a long time. I hardly heard any abuse but plenty encouragement.

The singing section though could do with a few more in the East joining in as from a support of about 11,000 we only seem to have about 50-100 prepared to sing a lot. It goes without saying that we could also do with a few more original chants. I'm sure though that'll come if the atmosphere keeps improving.

If we could get 13-14,000 in the new stadium making plenty noise it would be a venue other teams dreaded coming to.

Lofarl
13-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Was this the same singing section that disgraced our club last week by chucking coins?

Nope the singing section is up at the back of the East stand. If anyone at the back of the east managed to throw coins with such accuracy over such a long distance then they should compete at the 2012 olympics.

drifter533814
14-11-2010, 12:44 AM
I am in line with the half way line and I always sing every song, even if people around me do not.

basehibby
14-11-2010, 01:33 AM

That wisny the singing section (it was the coin chucking section :rolleyes:)

WindyMiller
14-11-2010, 09:27 AM

.........and CC agrees. :agree:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101113/boss-fans-were-inspirational_2262950_2219112

Dr Jimmy
14-11-2010, 10:16 AM
The crowd played their part in motivating the team, but the team motivated the crowd as well. They were up for it from the start and the crowd recognized and appreciated it. Even when Motherwell scored the crowd stayed behind the team, as we new they were trying their nuts off (something that appeared to be missing earlier in the season).
Every player wanted the ball and was prepared to win it back and get stuck in.
Well done CC for getting them fighting for each other.

Antifa Hibs
14-11-2010, 10:28 AM

Its not like a 'Hibby' these days to take a positive and turn it into a negative is it. :rolleyes:

Good to see the stewards come up once to try and get folk to sit and fail miserably. Hopefully the half-hearted attempt was to just keep the safety certificate folk happy - "we're trying"...

Most of the noise started from that wee section, that plus Calderwoods comments about the fans and the importance of us and hopefully they can leave us be...

EH6 Hibby
14-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Its not like a 'Hibby' these days to take a positive and turn it into a negative is it. :rolleyes:

Good to see the stewards come up once to try and get folk to sit and fail miserably. Hopefully the half-hearted attempt was to just keep the safety certificate folk happy - "we're trying"...

Most of the noise started from that wee section, that plus Calderwoods comments about the fans and the importance of us and hopefully they can leave us be...

I think it must have been the stewards that asked for Sit Down to be played at half time.:greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
14-11-2010, 11:59 AM

Seriously???? Get a grip.

marinello59
14-11-2010, 12:22 PM

Perhaps you should just withdraw that remark. It's nonsense.

RIP
14-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Three things I love about being in the Singing Section

The folk there are 100% positive - nae moaners, they stay till the end
Whenever the other team scores we always start chanting immediately to lift the team
The tactic of chanting the last 15 mins is an awesome one - it's becoming our trademark

Every support needs a section like this to get the rest going - it can be infectious :thumbsup:

Best move I ever made getting our seats there :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
14-11-2010, 09:45 PM
They all can - not just the east

The only thing coming out of the West was the players....and the FF has always been renowned for its quietness....if you attempt a song, the natives look at you like you have 2 heads and have just arrived from Neptune....

Great atmosphere from the East....very glad I swapped my seats :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Removed
14-11-2010, 10:44 PM
The only thing coming out of the West was the players....and the FF has always been renowned for its quietness....if you attempt a song, the natives look at you like you have 2 heads and have just arrived from Neptune....

Great atmosphere from the East....very glad I swapped my seats :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Here we go again

greenlex
15-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Not half as glad as the fans on the FF Stand.

marinello59
15-11-2010, 05:43 AM

It's nothing to do with you starting a song. You just look weird.:agree:

Teo10
15-11-2010, 07:16 AM
For the first time in a VERY long time I have enjoyed being there and left with no voice!

Having great banter while seeing the team play some easy on the eye football!

Chuck Rhoades
15-11-2010, 12:11 PM
In my opinion, all fans are equal in the ground as we all pay our hard earnt cash to see the team we all love.

However, what I love about the singing section is that there is a more positive and higher confidence around the area. No matter what the score line is or what minute of the game we are in, you can try starting a song and guaranteed at least a hundred or so others will join in. Not every song will be heard by the full ground. But it was almost a competition of who could start what next, it was brilliant! Great banter also from the Hibs Kids to the older generation who sit in this area. Fans with the same mentality.

At half time the yougn girls who won the cup gave a lap of honour to be met by a Hibees Hibees and Hail Hail from the East - at half time!

And most importantly, it’s beginning to spread to the rest of the stadium! At 90minutes I saw the West and FF on there feet joining in with the songs which is fantastic! Long may it continue in my opinion!

Calderwood’s - Green and white army!!!

marinello59
15-11-2010, 12:13 PM
In my opinion, all fans are equal in the ground as we all pay our hard earnt cash to see the team we all love.

However, what I love about the singing section is that there is a more positive and higher confidence around the area. No matter what the score line is or what minute of the game we are in, you can try starting a song and guaranteed at least a hundred or so others will join in. Not every song will be heard by the full ground. But it was almost a competition of who could start what next, it was brilliant! Great banter also from the Hibs Kids to the older generation who sit in this area. Fans with the same mentality.

At half time the yougn girls who won the cup gave a lap of honour to be met by a Hibees Hibees and Hail Hail from the East - at half time!

And most importantly, it’s beginning to spread to the rest of the stadium! At 90minutes I saw the West and FF on there feet joining in with the songs which is fantastic! Long may it continue in my opinion!

Calderwood’s - Green and white army!!!

That is a great post. Well said.:thumbsup:

MB62
15-11-2010, 12:43 PM
The Burns family had our own singing section in the FF end of the East, and happily continued this in to Robbies afterwards (although I can imagine a few of the other members of the clientel didn't enjoy it as much as we did :greengrin)

Phil MaGlass
15-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Three things I love about being in the Singing Section

The folk there are 100% positive - nae moaners, they stay till the end
Whenever the other team scores we always start chanting immediately to lift the team
The tactic of chanting the last 15 mins is an awesome one - it's becoming our trademark

Every support needs a section like this to get the rest going - it can be infectious :thumbsup:

Best move I ever made getting our seats there :greengrin

My team in The Hague do this, theres a 10 second countdown from the whole ground leading upto the last quarter, the whole stadium (west stand included)then goes berserk singing, shouting and booing the opposition every time they get the ball, the noise is stupendous, if we could get this at ER it would be excellent, as every part of the ground would be able to join in at the same time. Its deafening when it happens and gees up the players.

Chuck Rhoades
15-11-2010, 04:57 PM
My team in The Hague do this, theres a 10 second countdown from the whole ground leading upto the last quarter, the whole stadium (west stand included)then goes berserk singing, shouting and booing the opposition every time they get the ball, the noise is stupendous, if we could get this at ER it would be excellent, as every part of the ground would be able to join in at the same time. Its deafening when it happens and gees up the players.

That would be class!

What happened to the Hibs 12th Man group? Don't seem to be as active on the boards anymore?

Stew the Hibee
15-11-2010, 05:13 PM
That would be class!

What happened to the Hibs 12th Man group? Don't seem to be as active on the boards anymore?

Surely they have done just the thing they set out to do, and by being active in the stands have helped improve the atmosphere around ER. A big well done to all involved, and to all who have improved the atmosphere at the Family Home!!

Jack
15-11-2010, 05:26 PM
That would be class!

Surely they have done just the thing they set out to do, and by being active in the stands have helped improve the atmosphere around ER. A big well done to all involved, and to all who have improved the atmosphere at the Family Home!!

They're still working away at things.

Hibs12thMan
15-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah, sorry we’ve been a bit quiet with the Hibs 12th Man. Rest assured those taking it forward are still working on it behind the scenes. :agree:

Our first priority was the Singing Section and the band of happy singers in Section 43 and surrounding areas have been in much better voice as the season has progressed, mind it’s only been 6 home games since they started getting together to raise the volume.

The other stuff we’re working on takes time and more difficult is getting the money together to do this.

You can still help in the meantime by registering with our own site http://www.hibs12thman.co.uk/ (http://www.hibs12thman.co.uk/) and on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/hibs12thman?v=wall&ref=ts (http://www.facebook.com/hibs12thman?v=wall&ref=ts). If you haven’t done so already do it now and encourage your pals to do it too.

At the end of the day we’re all the Hibs 12th Man supporting our club in every way we can. :thumbsup:

The good news is the Hearts fans have noticed us and already they don't like it! :faf:

Chuck Rhoades
15-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah, sorry we’ve been a bit quiet with the Hibs 12th Man. Rest assured those taking it forward are still working on it behind the scenes. :agree:

Our first priority was the Singing Section and the band of happy singers in Section 43 and surrounding areas have been in much better voice as the season has progressed, mind it’s only been 6 home games since they started getting together to raise the volume.

The other stuff we’re working on takes time and more difficult is getting the money together to do this.

You can still help in the meantime by registering with our own site http://www.hibs12thman.co.uk/ (http://www.hibs12thman.co.uk/) and on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/hibs12thman?v=wall&ref=ts (http://www.facebook.com/hibs12thman?v=wall&ref=ts). If you haven’t done so already do it now and encourage your pals to do it too.

At the end of the day we’re all the Hibs 12th Man supporting our club in every way we can. :thumbsup:

The good news is the Hearts fans have noticed us and already they don't like it! :faf:

Great news! The only disappointing thing is the lack of ST holders in this section, I really thought it would be the busiest part.

Is there any way of the club advertising this more?

RIP
15-11-2010, 10:58 PM

At the first Hibs12thMan meeting Den Haag was discussed. It's possible that's where our 'last 15 mins' chanting came from

The Gorf
16-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Unlike other games recently, I had no desire to leave the East stand at the end, listening to the Proclaimers record "I'm on my way....etc" was brilliant. What a difference a home win makes. :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Phil MaGlass
16-11-2010, 12:01 PM
At the first Hibs12thMan meeting Den Haag was discussed. It's possible that's where our 'last 15 mins' chanting came from

Fans at ADO also contribute to a fans committee for massive banners/flags with players faces painted on them and these enormous streamer poppers (if yi ken whit ah mean).

The_Horde
16-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Unlike other games recently, I had no desire to leave the East stand at the end, listening to the Proclaimers record "I'm on my way....etc" was brilliant. What a difference a home win makes. :thumbsup:

GGTTH

I was singing away to this also, i looked to my right.. and one of the proclaimers was standing about 5 feet away..

What a day! :thumbsup:

matty_f
16-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Saturday was good towards the end of the game and the east undoubtedly acted as a catalyst to the rest of the ground to get behind the team and get them to full time with the win.

If performances on the park continue on the same way as the last two games, I don't think there will be many grounds with an atmosphere like ours. The only thing I would say is that it would be great to make life more intimidating more often for the opposition, whistles or boos etc when they're in possession, making it more distracting for them to attack properly and so on.

I think easter road should be a venue that hibs players feel invincible in, and opponents dread coming to.

Jack
16-11-2010, 12:52 PM
I bet not many folk noticed it but as I’ve walked away from the ground previously this season there's been a right quietness :shhhsh!: from the thousands around me.

On Saturday there was a real chatter :blah: :blah: / hubbub :blah: :blah: as the crowds made their way home (or to the pub). Long time since that’s been the case. :greengrin

Keith_M
16-11-2010, 01:22 PM
It's great that the atmosphere's improving at ER and long may it continue.

There have been some that have criticised the Singing Section/12th Man efforts because it didn't instantly turn ER into a cauldron of noise. I've always thought it would be a long, slow process, but one that is worth keeping plugging away at.

I moved to the East Stand but, becuase I attend with my Auld Dad and Sister, I decided not to go into the singing section. However, I've been pleasantly surprised that the singing has been extending to the area that I sit in recently as well (Section 40).

:flag:

The Gorf
16-11-2010, 01:25 PM
;2639292']I was singing away to this also, i looked to my right.. and one of the proclaimers was standing about 5 feet away..

What a day! :thumbsup:

Yeah. My son and I noticed him while we were watching the Man u game at the pie shops. Can never tell which one's which though lol.:bye:

seanraff07
16-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I took a video in section 43 of the last 10 mins of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px6JEUc4fEI

JimBHibees
17-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Saturday was good towards the end of the game and the east undoubtedly acted as a catalyst to the rest of the ground to get behind the team and get them to full time with the win.

If performances on the park continue on the same way as the last two games, I don't think there will be many grounds with an atmosphere like ours. The only thing I would say is that it would be great to make life more intimidating more often for the opposition, whistles or boos etc when they're in possession, making it more distracting for them to attack properly and so on.

I think easter road should be a venue that hibs players feel invincible in, and opponents dread coming to.

I agree Saturday was actually a very positive experience as the atmosphere was alot better than it has been for a while. One thing though the singing section could do was come up with a couple of decent new songs. One for Derek Riordan should be a start expecially for a guy who is about to score 100 goals for the club.

One I could think of is a copy of the Middlesboro 'David Wheater' song.

He's one of our own,
He's one of our ownnn
Derek Riordan, he's one of our own.

The best songs IMO are simple ones that can be sung over and over IMO.

RIP
18-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I took a video in section 43 of the last 10 mins of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px6JEUc4fEI

Mr R - what a great vid. You managed to get my son-in law James, niece Lyndsey and brother Ian (tartan fleece) from left to right. My white baldy heid and no 12 shirt was missing as were the Hibs shirts of my twa laddies. I was at Loch Ness that weekend

This 'last 15 minutes' thing we've started in the singing section is the dogs bollocks - Colin said it really lifts the players when the legs have gone and they're running on empty :thumbsup:

seanraff07
18-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Mr R - what a great vid. You managed to get my son-in law James, niece Lyndsey and brother Ian (tartan fleece) from left to right. My white baldy heid and no 12 shirt was missing as were the Hibs shirts of my twa laddies. I was at Loch Ness that weekend

This 'last 15 minutes' thing we've started in the singing section is the dogs bollocks - Colin said it really lifts the players when the legs have gone and they're running on empty :thumbsup:

Cheers man :thumbsup:

I think i'm going to take a video at some point at every home match, even just the last 10-15 mins of each match to see the improvement in section 43, i'll gladly post them up here after i take them.:agree:

RIP
19-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Cheers man :thumbsup:

I think i'm going to take a video at some point at every home match, even just the last 10-15 mins of each match to see the improvement in section 43, i'll gladly post them up here after i take them.:agree:

Can you post them on our Facebook page?

seanraff07
19-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Can you post them on our Facebook page?

Yep no problem!

Brads Laing
19-11-2010, 08:50 PM
More of a Hibby than u'll ever be but i'm not willing to let hibs fans behave like that one week then get praised the next, and i'm sorry to the signing section if they were not the ones who were chucking coins, i apologise, but we still cannot be happy with our support after that

Nando™
19-11-2010, 09:08 PM
More of a Hibby than u'll ever be but i'm not willing to let hibs fans behave like that one week then get praised the next, and i'm sorry to the signing section if they were not the ones who were chucking coins, i apologise, but we still cannot be happy with our support after that
How?

Antifa Hibs
19-11-2010, 09:13 PM

:hahaha: :hahaha:

HibeeMcGinn1
19-11-2010, 10:10 PM

:bye::bye::bye:

Chuck Rhoades
19-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Techinally the ones who throwed coins showed more love and passion for the team than you did?

Cabbage East
19-11-2010, 10:56 PM
more of a hibby than u'll ever be but i'm not willing to let hibs fans behave like that one week then get praised the next, and i'm sorry to the signing section if they were not the ones who were chucking coins, i apologise, but we still cannot be happy with our support after that

He won't be home for tea.

SouthamptonHibs
20-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Singing section keep up the Volume lads and lassies!!
I'm not up again until the aberdeen, united and Hearts games in Dec/Jan...
I'll be there to help you keep the volume up....
in the mean time sing the songs you want and as loud as you want.....

Maybe even the West and Famous five will join in a few of the classics!!!

Hail Hail

Glory Glory and

We are HIBERNIAN FC.............................

On another note why don't we sing Tunrbulls tornadoes or give us a goal...??

Traditional songs, classic tunes and good fun....

Is it because
1. there pub songs not for the terracing or
2. Not enough fans WHO sing know the words?

Just interested, they two are always a blast in the boozer and the old guard normally back the youngsters up which doubles the volume...

Hail Hail

Dunbar Hibee
21-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Singing section keep up the Volume lads and lassies!!
I'm not up again until the aberdeen, united and Hearts games in Dec/Jan...
I'll be there to help you keep the volume up....
in the mean time sing the songs you want and as loud as you want.....

Maybe even the West and Famous five will join in a few of the classics!!!

Hail Hail

Glory Glory and

We are HIBERNIAN FC.............................

On another note why don't we sing Tunrbulls tornadoes or give us a goal...??

Traditional songs, classic tunes and good fun....

Is it because
1. there pub songs not for the terracing or
2. Not enough fans WHO sing know the words?

Just interested, they two are always a blast in the boozer and the old guard normally back the youngsters up which doubles the volume...

Hail Hail

Both sung where I was sitting yesterday.

.Sean.
21-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Think I may have started one of them? Unsure really. Good atmosphere though :agree:

seanraff07
21-11-2010, 03:21 PM

Think I may have started one of them? Unsure really. Good atmosphere though :agree:

Yep, was a really good atmosphere, on the bus there, at the bar before the game, at the game, and even on the coach on the way back.

We pretty much just sang through Inverness' first 2 or 3 goals.. was non-stop singing the first half anyway!

Dunbar Hibee
21-11-2010, 03:25 PM

Yes probably, you did most :greengrin

.Sean.
21-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Yep, was a really good atmosphere, on the bus there, at the bar before the game, at the game, and even on the coach on the way back.

We pretty much just sang through Inverness' first 2 or 3 goals.. was non-stop singing the first half anyway!
Were you on the same bus as me? If so, the bus was rocking on the way up :agree:

.Sean.
21-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes probably, you did most :greengrin
Just wish I could remember :tee hee:

seanraff07
21-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Who was that young guy away with it who got chucked out in the 1st half?

Saw him before kick-off he looked steamin' :faf:

seanraff07
21-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Were you on the same bus as me? If so, the bus was rocking on the way up :agree:

Edinburgh/Livi?

Dunbar Hibee
21-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Who was that young guy away with it who got chucked out in the 1st half?

Saw him before kick-off he looked steamin' :faf:

Aye he came up to me before, shook my hand then walked off muttering 'Capital City Service' :faf:

.Sean.
21-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Edinburgh/Livi?
Yup :agree:

Aye he came up to me before, shook my hand then walked off muttering 'Capital City Service' :faf:
I saw him being escorted out :hilarious

seanraff07
21-11-2010, 03:40 PM

Haha, brilliant :faf:

Yup :agree:

Were you up the back or front?

I was fairly near the back, had a green polo on with a lassie next to me :agree:

.Sean.
21-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Haha, brilliant :faf:

Were you up the back or front?

I was fairly near the back, had a green polo on with a lassie next to me :agree:
Closer to the front as there didn't seem much space up the back, had on a grey cardi and a black Pretty Green t-shirt. I was looking after HibeeMcGinn as the laddie could hardly stand!

seanraff07
21-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Think i might have saw you.. have you got long-ish hair?

.Sean.
21-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Think i might have saw you.. have you got long-ish hair?
Suppose so, aye :agree:

seanraff07
21-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Yep sure i saw you :agree:

Ed De Gramo
22-11-2010, 12:39 AM
The Edinburgh & Livvy is the ONLY bus to go on :thumbsup:

BS44
22-11-2010, 12:54 AM

I was on that bus and I was cringing at some of the songs being sung by some of the Hibs fans on the bus. The low point was a song about Wallace Mercer's wife.

Baldy Foghorn
22-11-2010, 10:43 AM

I could have sworn that there are 4 or 5 supporter's buses to go on?

Keith_M
22-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I was on that bus and I was cringing at some of the songs being sung by some of the Hibs fans on the bus. The low point was a song about Wallace Mercer's wife.

I had a moan on here about some of those songs around the time of the derby and was told that, 'maybe the derby isn't the kind of game for a sensitive soul like yourself', or some such B*ll*x.

I hope the good effort of those involved in the 12th Man / Singing Section isn't ruined by a bunch of neanderthal wee neds who don't know where to draw the line.

p.s. Rudi Skacel isn't a refugee. Before singing that, at least look it up in a dictionary (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/refugee).

Scouse Hibee
22-11-2010, 03:34 PM

:agree: SH junior was on the bus and said it was rocking, wish I had been there myself :boo hoo:

RIP
22-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I had a moan on here about some of those songs around the time of the derby and was told that, 'maybe the derby isn't the kind of game for a sensitive soul like yourself', or some such B*ll*x.

I hope the good effort of those involved in the 12th Man / Singing Section isn't ruined by a bunch of neanderthal wee neds who don't know where to draw the line.

p.s. Rudi Skacel isn't a refugee. Before singing that, at least look it up in a dictionary (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/refugee).

I wouldnae worry about that KM. The Hibs12thMan won't be associated with any songs that are rank bad taste, sectarian or racist in nature

I had a young dude in front of me at the Derby singing a song about Edinburgh being wonderful apart from Jews, Wogs and Pakis. I had a word in his shell-like and he kindly apologised and faithfully promised he wouldnae do it again

It was sung at Carlisle too by a bunch of lads. I would wager that neither the Derby guy nor these lads were in any way regulars in the Singing Section at ER

.Sean.
22-11-2010, 04:57 PM
I enjoyed myself on the Edinburgh and Livi bus on Saturday, but every other song seemed Hearts/Mercer related. You'd have thought we were playing Hearts!

I've no problems with the Mercer song being given an airing against the Jambos but plenty folk cringe when it's heard versus Caley Thistle and the like.

Keith_M
22-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I wouldnae worry about that KM. The Hibs12thMan won't be associated with any songs that are rank bad taste, sectarian or racist in nature

I had a young dude in front of me at the Derby singing a song about Edinburgh being wonderful apart from Jews, Wogs and Pakis. I had a word in his shell-like and he kindly apologised and faithfully promised he wouldnae do it again

It was sung at Carlisle too by a bunch of lads. I would wager that neither the Derby guy nor these lads were in any way regulars in the Singing Section at ER

Well done. :top marks

Antifa Hibs
22-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Fitba fans in slagging their rivals shocker :rolleyes:

The Skacel song should be binned full-stop, those auld bassa's moaning at the Mercer/Hertz songs getting sung, I'm sure 40/50 year old somethings where probably moaning about you's singing songs when you were in yer teens 30 odd years ago...

I thought it was a good atmosphere on Saturday, take away the result and it was a very enjoyable day, quality wee sing song for most of the 90 minutes.

Regarding fans leaving, i've left early myself once or twice, never with just a two goal gap though, bit pointless travelling 3 hours to get there then leaving after less than an hour IMO, each to their own though.... A classic British thing that, give up all hope and just get up and leave, its like their own wee sortof protest. Strange.

Those having a go at young 'uns with a bevvy having standing and having sing song, give me that any day as to what we usually have at away games, stands with everyone sat, not muttering a word except when its slating Hibs.

Ed De Gramo
22-11-2010, 10:26 PM

The Skacel song should be binned full-stop, those auld bassa's moaning at the Mercer/Hertz songs getting sung, I'm sure 40/50 year old somethings where probably moaning about you's singing songs when you were in yer teens 30 odd years ago...

I thought it was a good atmosphere on Saturday, take away the result and it was a very enjoyable day, quality wee sing song for most of the 90 minutes.

Regarding fans leaving, i've left early myself once or twice, never with just a two goal gap though, bit pointless travelling 3 hours to get there then leaving after less than an hour IMO, each to their own though.... A classic British thing that, give up all hope and just get up and leave, its like their own wee sortof protest. Strange.

Those having a go at young 'uns with a bevvy having standing and having sing song, give me that any day as to what we usually have at away games, stands with everyone sat, not muttering a word except when its slating Hibs.

Bad songs aside....the atmosphere at away games has improved and it does beat those just sitting there with their arms folded or sitting in silence :agree:

Keith_M
23-11-2010, 10:38 AM

How on earth is that just fans slagging their rivals? Songs about refugees and goading the widow of a dead guy? Would you just be rolling your eyes if your mother was on the receiving end of abuse about your dead father?

Are you saying that it's completely impossible to have a decent atmosphere without those kind of songs?

Antifa Hibs
23-11-2010, 10:45 AM
How on earth is that just fans slagging their rivals? Songs about refugees and goading the widow of a dead guy?

Already said the skacel song should be binned.

Would you just be rolling your eyes if your mother was on the receiving end of abuse about your dead father?

Aye, TBH, just like they would aswell.

Are you saying that it's completely impossible to have a decent atmosphere without those kind of songs?

Where did I even suggest that?

seanraff07
23-11-2010, 01:56 PM

:top marks