PDA

View Full Version : Fao dashing bob

poolman
12-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Has Dashing Bob got his Christmas bonus early and spent it all in the boozer this afternoon :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2010, 10:16 PM
For sure. I find it difficult to post without imbuing several units of alcohol. I find it rather unsettling. Though perhaps not as much as followers of a certain capital outfit that wasn't us felt back in May, 1986.

Hibercelona
12-11-2010, 10:26 PM
For sure. I find it difficult to post without imbuing several units of alcohol. I find it rather unsettling. Though perhaps not as much as followers of a certain capital outfit that wasn't us felt back in May, 1986.

:thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-11-2010, 07:46 AM

Never mind that DBS, which type of attire should the gentleman be wearing in an attempt to impress the ladies of the typing pool at this years Xmas festivities?

Peevemor
13-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Never mind that DBS, which type of attire should the gentleman be wearing in an attempt to impress the ladies of the typing pool at this years Xmas festivities?

I don't pay much attention to what I wear. I normally just sit in the corner licking my eyebrows. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
13-11-2010, 03:49 PM

The most important thing is to feel good in the clothes you wear. Excess flab, particularly on the waistline, is completely out. So go easy on the Christmas pud and guzzle low calorie drinks, like vodka and tonic. If you are doing the office party circuit it's best to favour casual wear.

Daresay i'll pick out a nice D&G dark-chocolate brown Goatskin leather Moto jacket, with the removable Sherling trim, which looks stylish indoors, and offers zip-on protection from the elements when you split the object of your desire from the pack with the cheerful suggestion, "how do you fancy moving on somewhere else?" The jacket goes very well with my new brown Ecco 'Seattle' Apron Toe Oxford shoes. Robust enough to cope with the wet pavements outside, but light on the feet should you have to strut your stuff on the dancefloor.

I have a strong theory that women like men in lighter coloured trousers. A beige pair of Dockers D2 straight-leg Chino pants or even Levi's (I know, I know, how dreadfully common - but I rate their Demitasse work pants in terms of style and comfort) -either will compliment the jacket and shoes. I'd probably wear a simple light blue Public Opinion V-neck 2-ply cashmere sweater. Girls like the feel of that material, they are simply moths to a flame.

Follow these instructions and you will find yourself highly in demand with the fair sex over this festive period.

Phil D. Rolls
13-11-2010, 03:58 PM
The most important thing is to feel good in the clothes you wear. Excess flab, particularly on the waistline, is completely out. So go easy on the Christmas pud and guzzle low calorie drinks, like vodka and tonic. If you are doing the office party circuit it's best to favour casual wear.

Daresay i'll pick out a nice D&G dark-chocolate brown Goatskin leather Moto jacket, with the removable Sherling trim, which looks stylish indoors, and offers zip-on protection from the elements when you split the object of your desire from the pack with the cheerful suggestion, "how do you fancy moving on somewhere else?" The jacket goes very well with my new brown Ecco 'Seattle' Apron Toe Oxford shoes. Robust enough to cope with the wet pavements outside, but light on the feet should you have to strut your stuff on the dancefloor.

I have a strong theory that women like men in lighter coloured trousers. A beige pair of Dockers D2 straight-leg Chino pants or even Levi's (I know, I know, how dreadfully common - but I rate their Demitasse work pants in terms of style and comfort) -either will compliment the jacket and shoes. I'd probably wear a simple light blue Public Opinion V-neck 2-ply cashmere sweater. Girls like the feel of that material, they are simply moths to a flame.

Follow these instructions and you will find yourself highly in demand with the fair sex over this festive period.

Sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question Bob - please don't laugh at my lack of fashion knowledge? What is the difference between Dockers and Levi's Chinos?

Dashing Bob S
13-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question Bob - please don't laugh at my lack of fashion knowledge? What is the difference between Dockers and Levi's Chinos?

Not a great deal, tbh. I prefer the stitching on the Dockers, and their pleated Chinos are better than Levis, but I like the feel of the Levis material. But roughly the same prices across a similar product range.

Phil D. Rolls
13-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Not a great deal, tbh. I prefer the stitching on the Dockers, and their pleated Chinos are better than Levis, but I like the feel of the Levis material. But roughly the same prices across a similar product range.

Thanks for that, I am about to buy some new clothes, and good advice is helpful.:thumbsup:

poolman
13-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks for that, I am about to buy some new clothes, and good advice is helpful.:thumbsup:

What's wrong with a pair of £8.00 Sainsbury's boot cut fashion denims :brickwall :rockin: :tee hee:

Phil D. Rolls
13-11-2010, 04:24 PM
What's wrong with a pair of £8.00 Sainsbury's boot cut fashion denims :brickwall :rockin: :tee hee:

I have several pairs already, and have decided to go for a different look. :greengrin

poolman
13-11-2010, 04:34 PM
I have several pairs already, and have decided to go for a different look. :greengrin

Yer a snob FR :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
13-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Yer a snob FR :greengrin

I would like to be. :agree: :embarrass:

poolman
13-11-2010, 04:49 PM
I would like to be. :agree: :embarrass:

Just a wee helping hand for your wardrobe FR :greengrin

http://www2.sainsburys.co.uk/tuclothing/menswear/mens-outfit-1.htm

Phil D. Rolls
13-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Just a wee helping hand for your wardrobe FR :greengrin

http://www2.sainsburys.co.uk/tuclothing/menswear/mens-outfit-1.htm

Here, that's fetching. My partner gets a staff discount too. Do they do other colours?

poolman
13-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Here, that's fetching. My partner gets a staff discount too. Do they do other colours?

Maybe a pastel range of elasticated waist band slacks :agree: