PDA

View Full Version : Coming back on after treatment

Kojock
11-11-2010, 03:38 PM
One thing that puzzled me last night :confused:

Following a clash of heads between Papac and Trakys both trainers came onto the pitch, Pacac was eventually stretchered off while Trakys, following treatment left the pitch as required.

The Rangers sub was allowed on prior to play resuming but Trakys had to wait till play started before being allowed back on.

Surely in a situation like this either both should have been allowed on straight away or both should have to wait till play resumed. :dunno:

Toaods
11-11-2010, 08:43 PM

Following a clash of heads between Papac and Trakys both trainers came onto the pitch, Pacac was eventually stretchered off while Trakys, following treatment left the pitch as required.

The Rangers sub was allowed on prior to play resuming but Trakys had to wait till play started before being allowed back on.

Surely in a situation like this either both should have been allowed on straight away or both should have to wait till play resumed. :dunno:

Was Trackys penalised? I'm sure Craig Burley commented at the weekend that the SPL had changed the rules this year to avoid the 'innocent' team being disadvantaged.

Hibs Class
11-11-2010, 08:54 PM

Those are the laws as they stand. It can create unfair situations, but the ref last night was correct in those circumstances.

delbert
11-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Previous poster was spot on, if a player is injured and play has not restarted, then sub can come on, but an injured player who can continue must leave and return after the restart, if both these things happen at the same time its unusual, but what happened last night was correct

The one I am waiting for is when there is a 3 player collision, 2 from one team, and one from the other. In that situation, if all 3 after treatment are able to continue, then the team who had 2 players injured are allowed to leave their players on the park, but the team with only one player injured has to remove their player till after the game has restarted. I wont go into the technicalities, but just believe me, thats the rules as from the start of this season. Cant wait to see the reaction of the manager who has to remove his player, and I can only hope and pray its Lennon, just wait for the cardiac arrest to hit !!