PDA

View Full Version : Two things from last night

JimBHibees
11-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Two things at the end of the game while watching on internet which I thought were superb was CC appearing to shake the hand of each of the guys on the bench just before the final whistle and also to see the players so delighted and actually go right over to the corner where the small band of Hibees were.

Great to see a bit of togetherness amid the fantastic result and performance.

What a job Colin must have done in the last couple of days to get the players right up for it, obviously the early goals helped to give them something to hang onto.

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Two things at the end of the game while watching on internet which I thought were superb was CC appearing to shake the hand of each of the guys on the bench just before the final whistle and also to see the players so delighted and actually go right over to the corner where the small bad of Hibees were.

What a job Colin must have done in the last couple of days to get the players right up for it, obviously the early goals helped to give them something to hang onto.

The fans that were there deserved the applause from the players, as we were noisy throughout, and the fantastic performance was a two way thing

Pretty Boy
11-11-2010, 10:41 AM
I wasn't there last night (:grr:) but spoke to a few mates who were. They said after the first couple of minutes it was blindingly obvious that the attitude and application was 100X better than Sunday. They said that while the Hibs support had been decent before the game after it was clear the players were right up for it the fans got right into it and never shut up all night. They gave the players a brilliant reception after the final whistle that was well deserved.

It's not rocket science that if we, as fans, see effort and the right attitude, even if things aren't going quite right we will still get right behind the team. The players deserve great credit for last night and will get a great reception at the weekend, we usually do ok against Motherwell as well so hopefully fans and players alike are up for it. Last night was a huge step in the right direction by those players for getting us back onside.

PeeJay
11-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Two things at the end of the game while watching on internet which I thought were superb was CC appearing to shake the hand of each of the guys on the bench just before the final whistle and also to see the players so delighted and actually go right over to the corner where the small bad of Hibees were.

I personally feel this bonding with the fans after a game should be a regular thing.

PerthHibby
11-11-2010, 10:48 AM
I was in hospitality last night, spoke to Alec Mcdonald before the game and the boys that I was there with let on I was a Hibby, and he gave me a bit of stick 22 and all that.

Well, after the game he was stood across the room from me and all you could hear were the Hibs fans belting it out, wee doddy looked over,:greengrin the smile on my face said it all, he was ****in gutted.

Great night, being in amongst them made it even sweetter.:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
11-11-2010, 10:52 AM
The fans that were there deserved the applause from the players, as we were noisy throughout, and the fantastic performance was a two way thing

Long may that continue. Need to get the whole club moving in the one direction hopefully CC appreciates the importance of this.

JimBHibees
11-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I personally feel this bonding with the fans after a game should be a regular thing.

Yep win lose or draw.