PDA

View Full Version : CC on Radio Five Live

Newry Hibs
11-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Driving in this morning and at 7.30 after the sports update they said CC would be on 'later'. He wasn't on by 8.10, so I'm wondering if he was and what he said.

davemcbain
11-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Missed 7:45-7:55 while getting out of the car and booting up the pc, but if he wasn't on in that window, he's not been on yet.

hibbie02
11-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Missed 7:45-7:55 while getting out of the car and booting up the pc, but if he wasn't on in that window, he's not been on yet.

Def no been on yet. Been waiting.... :wink:

bawheid
11-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Did they not say he was on "Breakfast" after 8am. I thought they meant the BBC1 telly show they have.

hibbie02
11-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Did they not say he was on "Breakfast" after 8am. I thought they meant the BBC1 telly show they have.

Just about to speak to him on R5...

bawheid
11-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Just about to speak to him on R5...

Could you transcribe it please? I'm at work now. :greengrin

highlandhibee84
11-11-2010, 07:47 AM
the big man's on.....shhhhhhh!!!

davemcbain
11-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Could you transcribe it please? I'm at work now. :greengrin

Pretty short interview - best I could capture:
Nicky Campbell: "That was a big win away, how did it come about?"
Colin Calderwood: "The important thing was that we scored first goal and we sustained the lead for 90 minutes".

NC: "They’ve had good results in Europe, and in the domistic league?"
CC: "It’s the catalogue of games, but we were good last night and Walter acknowledged that, both in the post match interview and in his office afterwards".

NC: "Good to be back in a #1 job?"
CC: "Yes it definately is. It was awkward to leave a great job a Newcastle, but the club I was coming to – training ground etc"

NC: "You've come to a 2 team town?"
CC: "Found out about the other team on Sunday. We knew we had to give something back to fans. Don’t want this to be a 1 off. We need to sustain with an important home game against Motherwell at the weekend".

NC: "After hertz game this was your 1st win...how does it feel?"
CC: "Like anything it’s thrilling it’s a relief, a culmination of everyone working and doing the right things. We had an element of luck. The goalkeeper did fantastic. Hopefully we will speak again on Monday about a follow on win..."

Thanks and end.

Newry Hibs
11-11-2010, 08:01 AM
I think NC is a jambo - so it must have been galling for him to interview CC and not drone on about 'them'.

sunshine1875
11-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Colin Calderwood: "The important thing was that we scored first goal and we sustained the lead for 90 minutes".

CC: "It’s the catalogue of games, but we were good last night and Walter acknowledged that, both in the post match interview and in his office afterwards".

CC: "Yes it definately is. It was awkward to leave a great job a Newcastle, but the club I was coming to – training ground etc"

CC: "Found out about the other team on Sunday. We knew we had to give something back to fans. Don’t want this to be a 1 off. We need to sustain with an important home game against Motherwell at the weekend".

CC: "Like anything it’s thrilling it’s a relief, a culmination of everyone working and doing the right things. We had an element of luck. The goalkeeper did fantastic. Hopefully we will speak again on Monday about a follow on win..."

Thanks and end.

Sounds good. No "the boys done good" or "I cannot fault my boys, they've been flying in training" etc etc.

Betty Boop
11-11-2010, 08:03 AM
I think NC is a jambo - so it must have been galling for him to interview CC and not drone on about 'them'.

He definitely is ! :greengrin

Ritchie
11-11-2010, 08:11 AM

Thanks and end.

:pray:

motherwell on saturday is the biggest game of the season for us IMO.

We need to win! :agree:

WindyMiller
11-11-2010, 08:15 AM
CC's post-match interview to HibsTV is worth a listen.
No bombastic cliches, plays it down a bit and points out that this is still a work in progress.

:thumbsup: