PDA

View Full Version : let's shut paw broon's trap next week

monktonharp
11-11-2010, 02:54 AM
ok,the 'Well are going great guns at the moment but Brown's remarks last night should get our players fired up for next Saturday. heard him say on the radio"we felt very unlucky to finish 5th in the league,and Ithink we should have been 4th. Hibs got a win on the last day,because D.Utd saved their best players for the final" . now,even if that was entirely true Craig, do remember that when we were 6-2 up last seson,we blew it. not many teams can do that,and...........league positions at the end,are based on results throughout the season. So c'mon Hibees,get intae them but dont give them a goal o' a start this time. they have frailties at the back,as proved on the first day of this season:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
11-11-2010, 07:18 AM
I don't see his point at all.

Well had the opportunity to clinch 4th place by winning the game at home to Hibs but didn't do it. In fact they needed an absurd defensive collapse by Hibs just to take it to the final game. They knew perfectly well before the Hibs game that it was more than likely that United would rest players ahead of the cup final and that they would have to go to Ibrox.

Hibs Class
11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
For a very old man he sometimes makes some quite juvenile comments

Jim44
11-11-2010, 09:09 AM
I'll never forget his comment last season when, after his lot were beaten by a ten man opposition, he literally complained that a team having a man sent off generally had an unfair advantage over their opponents by virtue of trying that bit harder. I think he is bordering on senility.

Stevie Reid
11-11-2010, 09:35 AM
He's done a phenomenal job there though, his win ratio must be well over 50% now.

PeterboroHibee
11-11-2010, 09:55 AM
I quite like Brown, done wonders with Motherwell and is usually quite good in interviews.

Dont really see the point in saying that though, hes maybe trying to get some sort of response as we have had the better of them over the last year or so, but sure Calderwood can also use it to fire up our players.

Sir David Gray
11-11-2010, 10:20 AM
He's done a phenomenal job there though, his win ratio must be well over 50% now.

He now has exactly a 50% win ratio after last night, in all competitions.

He's been in charge for 42 matches and has had 21 wins.

monktonharp
11-11-2010, 10:23 AM
I'll never forget his comment last season when, after his lot were beaten by a ten man opposition, he literally complained that a team having a man sent off generally had an unfair advantage over their opponents by virtue of trying that bit harder. I think he is bordering on senility.yeah,he's starting to haver on a bit.on the Sportscene programme a few weeks ago,trying to be mister nicey to all men,this team are lower than they should be in the league and that team are a good side etc etc. he has some great young front players but i'm sure there are a few chinks in their defensive armour. bring them on!

Bad Martini
11-11-2010, 01:02 PM
He can take his bunch of nobodies and ram them up his bitter arse.

His team finished where they finished cause they weren't good enough to get more points of thier OWN accord. Had they been better, they'd have sealed first, second, third, fourth or whatever fricking position the wee fat troll thinks they deserve.

You generally, over the course of a season, get what you deserve. There's been few times when luck and justness has deserted an entire team for the duration with the exception of the old firm who generally get what they deserve and wha they dont deserve in terms of dodgy decision and penalties. However, they also generally do enough to beat the rest of us the *******s.

But NOT last night so, with a view of never missin an opporchancity - GIRFUY rangers... :thumbsup:

ENDOF

givescotlandfreedom
11-11-2010, 01:09 PM
They wouldn't have been as near had one of their players not dived at Ibrox for a last minute penalty and a draw (league was over so penalties v the Huns were permitted).

hiblander
11-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Derek Adams former Motherwell man and chief informer for the untried Anglo Scot CC. could sway it in out favour. :agree:

monktonharp
13-11-2010, 09:41 PM
had to revive this one folks:wink: just to let you see that his win ratio is now in decline :flag: