Fantic
11-11-2010, 12:11 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/82305-missiles/

Throwing potatoes at Stokes!

New Corrie
11-11-2010, 12:21 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/82305-missiles/

Throwing potatoes at Stokes!

Big deal, I remember Hibs fans spitting on Ian Murray, what's your point?

Fantic
11-11-2010, 12:25 AM

They're diet huns :dunno:

The Harp Awakes
11-11-2010, 12:25 AM

So is throwing bananas at coloured players ok then? Think that was Jambos with Mark Walters.

Can't wait for your explanation. Mind you he's Irish, he deserves it eh Corrie?

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Dont mind watching Hearts tho! How can you go to that ****hole as a neutral? How much did it cost you?

hiblander
11-11-2010, 12:55 AM
I'll confess - I was at the Yams game today as a neutral. Don't mind watching football even if it is Hearts, they're a 20 minute bus journey away, and I wasn't going to pay £30 to see Hibs humped at Ibrox (:grr:). I was in the 'family' stand, and even there I heard some of the most horrible abuse at any game I've been at.

"

You should have stayed in and watched the Apprentice or sit in the Celtic end. :bye:

Pete
11-11-2010, 01:22 AM
I'll confess - I was at the Yams game today as a neutral. Don't mind watching football even if it is Hearts, they're a 20 minute bus journey away, and I wasn't going to pay £30 to see Hibs humped at Ibrox (:grr:). I was in the 'family' stand, and even there I heard some of the most horrible abuse at any game I've been at.

"Billy Boys" was sung loud and clear, "fenian blood" in particular with great gusto. Immediately after, one man complained that Hearts would get in bother for singing "fenian" and Celtic wouldn't get anything for singing "IRA" - there has never been a more perfect example of doublethink seen on this earth.

This aforementioned Yam would periodically go on anti-Irish, anti-Celtic, anti-Hibs rants throughout the game, and was a perfect example of those hate-filled twats you get on Kickback. To be fair, the rest of the time they were mostly fine, and in general normal football fans.

Still was absolutely harrowing having to conceal my delight at the Hibs score until I was safely home. I was reduced to occasionally incredulously exclaiming "Hibs are 2-0 up at Ibrox!" (as it was for most of the game) to anyone who would listen. :greengrin

I was working the taxi tonight and was taken down Gorgie Road a few times before the game.

Hearts were moaning about Celtic fans singing anti-poppy songs but they turn a blind eye to the abuse they were dishing out to Celtic supporters on the street as well as the buses. The buses were getting hammered physically while going along Gorgie Road to the game. People of all ages were going up to the windows, whacking them and screaming sectarian abuse.
I also heard Celtic fans on the street getting sectarian abuse aimed at them when they were heavilly outnumbered by about twenty to one(such bravery).

I know for a fact the vast majority of Jambos condemn this behaviour but they do have this nut-case minority that is as bad as anything Celtic or Rangers could throw at you. In my experience they seem to raise their "concerns" whenever they play us or Celtic.

I know we're toiling to take any sort of moral high-ground but when it comes to bigotry in sections of the support I think that Hearts have serious problems that dwarf ours.

When I'm in my cab I'm Mr Neutral because a crowd is a crowd, a fare is a fare and everything observed is impartial because a hearts pound is as valuble as a hibs pound. It's the mentality you have to adopt.
In my cultured opinion there is definately more sectarian stuff down Gorgie when Hearts have guests than there is at ER. I reckon even Hearts cabbies would agree.

Iona Hibs
11-11-2010, 01:44 AM
I was working the taxi tonight and was taken down Gorgie Road a few times before the game.

Hearts were moaning about Celtic fans singing anti-poppy songs but they turn a blind eye to the abuse they were dishing out to Celtic supporters on the street as well as the buses. The buses were getting hammered physically while going along Gorgie Road to the game. People of all ages were going up to the windows, whacking them and screaming sectarian abuse.
I also heard Celtic fans on the street getting sectarian abuse aimed at them when they were heavilly outnumbered by about twenty to one(such bravery).

I know for a fact the vast majority of Jambos condemn this behaviour but they do have this nut-case minority that is as bad as anything Celtic or Rangers could throw at you. In my experience they seem to raise their "concerns" whenever they play us or Celtic.

I know we're toiling to take any sort of moral high-ground but when it comes to bigotry in sections of the support I think that Hearts have serious problems that dwarf ours.

When I'm in my cab I'm Mr Neutral because a crowd is a crowd, a fare is a fare and everything observed is impartial because a hearts pound is as valuble as a hibs pound. It's the mentality you have to adopt.
In my cultured opinion there is definately more sectarian stuff down Gorgie when Hearts have guests than there is at ER. I reckon even Hearts cabbies would agree.

Having been a 'guest' at the PBS for the last 3 decades I couldn't agree more. Been called a fenian b*****d countless times in and around the ground, wearing the glorious colours or anything tinged with green enough to prompt the abuse. Yam acquaintences will argue its a minority problem, IMO it cuts across a broad spectrum of their support, witness the mass 'hello, hello' choirs tonight, reserved especially for the glasgae fenians.

greenlex
11-11-2010, 03:01 AM
So I stead of spending £30 supporting your team you put it into the Yam coffers? Quite bizarre behaviour. You would have been better watching it in the pub and having z beer. Better still save it fir your next visit to ER and spend it in the Shop. Give your dish to Hibs. It's the only way we are going to see better consistently on the park.

"Billy Boys" was sung loud and clear, "fenian blood" in particular with great gusto. Immediately after, one man complained that Hearts would get in bother for singing "fenian" and Celtic wouldn't get anything for singing "IRA" - there has never been a more perfect example of doublethink seen on this earth.

This aforementioned Yam would periodically go on anti-Irish, anti-Celtic, anti-Hibs rants throughout the game, and was a perfect example of those hate-filled twats you get on Kickback. To be fair, the rest of the time they were mostly fine, and in general normal football fans.

Still was absolutely harrowing having to conceal my delight at the Hibs score until I was safely home. I was reduced to occasionally incredulously exclaiming "Hibs are 2-0 up at Ibrox!" (as it was for most of the game) to anyone who would listen. :greengrin

Pete
11-11-2010, 03:43 AM
Having been a 'guest' at the PBS for the last 3 decades I couldn't agree more. Been called a fenian b*****d countless times in and around the ground, wearing the glorious colours or anything tinged with green enough to prompt the abuse. Yam acquaintences will argue its a minority problem, IMO it cuts across a broad spectrum of their support, witness the mass 'hello, hello' choirs tonight, reserved especially for the glasgae fenians.

I had the pleasure of working the rutland rank on Sunday evening...watching the people go by.

Gradually walking from east to west along Princes St with union flags draped like heroic capes...singing their billy boy songs with certain "F" words highlighted.
They were really highlighted...as if the people singing them really meant what they were singing...and I was almost hoping for a hibs mob to appear from nowhere and do the business!

Maybe it's what they deserve.

Phil D. Rolls
11-11-2010, 06:43 AM
So I stead of spending £30 supporting your team you put it into the Yam coffers? Quite bizarre behaviour. You would have been better watching it in the pub and having z beer. Better still save it fir your next visit to ER and spend it in the Shop. Give your dish to Hibs. It's the only way we are going to see better consistently on the park.

You're right, this man could well be detainable. :agree:

Cabbage East
11-11-2010, 07:12 AM

Some Hibby you are.

Judas Iscariot
11-11-2010, 07:18 AM

Hun :agree:

Diet Hun :agree:

Keith_M
11-11-2010, 07:56 AM

Here we go again.......

I've got a different point, why don't you go and just do one.

Cabbage East
11-11-2010, 10:37 AM

Slavering hun.

Pretty Boy
11-11-2010, 10:42 AM

Maybe i'll get a bunch of bananas to throw at any black players that happen to be playing at ER, might include Bamba and Dickoh as well. Big deal eh? It's ok because a few idiots in the Hibs support once spat at Ian Murray.

Or is that not ok with you? Is it just your usual double standards when it comes to someone a bit too Irish/Catholic/Celtic minded for your tastes.