PDA

View Full Version : Manager post match interviews (merged)

supershotmo
10-11-2010, 10:15 PM
What an arse.

Blaming virus for defeat.

SloopJB
10-11-2010, 10:16 PM
What an arse.

PPrrrrrrfffttt

he wasn't even on the bench

Imand
10-11-2010, 10:18 PM
At least Uncle Wattie being honest, and praising the mighty Hibees, as if the result wasn't enough!

Frank Moon
10-11-2010, 10:21 PM
At least Uncle Wattie being honest, and praising the mighty Hibees, as if the result wasn't enough!

Thought he was very fair and gracious to be honest. In fact he contradicted Chick Hun

hibs4life
10-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Very gracious in defeat and showed a bit of class, unlike the whinging Neil Lennon. He stated we deserved our win and made a point of not making any excuses, unlike quite a few managers I can think of.....
I think our new manager is also in that vein and is quite composed and coherent in his interviews. His was a good one tonight too, not too overstated but clearly very happy...like the rest of us!!

lyonhibs
10-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Thought he was very fair and gracious to be honest. In fact he contradicted Chick Hun

Doesn't surprise me - Uncle Wattie has always come across as relatively fair and honest in defeat. Chick Young is a snivelling bawbag.

I texted a Rangers mate, to be told that the fact that Edu and Papac weren't playing was a decisive factor in the result???? :confused:

Bayern Bru
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
To be fair, I've nearly always found Uncle Wattie to be gracious in defeat.
Thought he talked a lot of sense and despite Chick Young trotting out the usual excuse, he refused to take anything away from Hibs.

Cheers Walter. :top marks

Sammy7nil
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Auld Walter is a phanny but he knows how to take a defeat :agree:

Sir David Gray
10-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I've never found Walter Smith to be anything other than gracious in defeat. I know Rangers don't lose very often but any time they do, he always comes across as very fair.

Contrast that with Neil Lennon...:bitchy:

madabouthibs
10-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Yup, gotta give him credit, praised our performance and gave us the plaudits.

He does usually give credit where its deserved though, unlike his idiot counterpart from Darkheid! What a complete bawbag Lennon is, can he not just accept this anti-Celtic conspiracy??? :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Another reason why if pushed for a choice between those 2, they just sneak it. Anything unpleasant from them is out in the open instead of "feel sorry for the opressed underlings" Just my opinion right enough!

PeterboroHibee
10-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Ive always liked Smith, other than the fact hes the Rangers manager, hes usually pretty open and honest in his interviews.

As people have said, its the complete opposite of Lennon going nuts, screaming and shouting in his interviews, and blatingly making things up.

lyonhibs
10-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Another reason why if pushed for a choice between those 2, they just sneak it. Anything unpleasant from them is out in the open instead of "feel sorry for the opressed underlings" Just my opinion right enough!

Mine too - Neil Lennon really couldn't be making a bigger greeting phanny of himself if he tried, week after week after week.

Bad Martini
10-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Apart fae leaving Scotland in the **** and managing Satan's 11, I'm sure he's a standup guy.

His most endearing feature is, he's NOT Lennon...

But, he's a hun...so he can GET IT RIGHT UP HIM anaw :greengrin

ENDOF :thumbsup:

sesoim
10-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Yip, full credit to Walter. He just accepted that it was one of these days, that Hibs played well, and made no excuses. It would be a bit easier to accept the Old Firm if everybody connected with these clubs behaved like that.

sesoim
10-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Apart fae leaving Scotland in the **** and managing Satan's 11, I'm sure he's a standup guy.

His most endearing feature is, he's NOT Lennon...

But, he's a hun...so he can GET IT RIGHT UP HIM anaw :greengrin

ENDOF :thumbsup:

TBH I'd still take Walter back as Scotland manager in a flash. I know he wasn't manager for long, but considering how Vogts before him and Burley and Levein after him have done, he did fantastically well for us.

Bad Martini
10-11-2010, 10:52 PM
TBH I'd still take Walter back as Scotland manager in a flash. I know he wasn't manager for long, but considering how Vogts before him and Burley and Levein after him have done, he did fantastically well for us.

He did. And thats my point. Do you know how difficult it was for me to follow Scotland with that big hun in charge :greengrin ... then he Judases off back to hunbrox..............:grr:

Still, vengence is ours now .. .take that Watty ya wee sneak :greengrin

WERRRRRAAPEEEEEEEPULLLLLLLLLLL :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
10-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Nae Riordan for us or Zemmama for months either - don't suppose that crossed Dung's mind.

Dashing Bob S
10-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Probably the same virus that cost Hearts the flag at Dens all these years ago.

green dawn
10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Just listened to it now and credit to the guy. I remember him wishing Hibs all the best after we beat them in the Skol Cup Semi-final in 1991 when he had just (I think) taken over. His predecessor wouldn't have. He has a bit of dignity, unlike Lennon and Strachan before him.

WindyMiller
10-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Probably the same virus that cost Hearts the flag at Dens all these years ago.

Can't say I've heard about that one Bob?

greenlex
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Was Mixu no gonna rip his head IFC at Ibrox. A year or so ago? Mon the Mixu.

Hibbyradge
10-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Calderwood (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9178079.stm)

Smith (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9178099.stm)

Part/Time Supporter
10-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Was Mixu no gonna rip his head IFC at Ibrox. A year or so ago? Mon the Mixu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7nViAiKWeI

Bishop Hibee
10-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Uncle Wattie plays the Scottish media like an old fiddle (or should that be flute :greengrin) but he was indeed gracious in his praise of Hibs performance while getting his own wee "things are tough right now" dig in to remind the hun fans that they are, relatively for them, skint.

Lennon is a soor faced wee git.

greenlex
10-11-2010, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7nViAiKWeI

Gracious right enough. I wonder if he would be as gracious if ra sellick had won tonight.?

--------
10-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Gracious right enough. I wonder if he would be as gracious if ra sellick had won tonight.?

Almost certainly he would have.

Smith is wise enough to know that whining after a defeat simply makes you look ridiculous. He may be Rangers through and through, but he does have the gift of courtesy.

Tomorrow I will try to be as gracious to my neighbours in the Caldera....

.... but I suspect that they'll be seeing the widest Doddie grin for a long time spread across my chops.... :greengrin

Rasta_Hibs
10-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Auld Walter is a phanny but he knows how to take a defeat :agree:

haha well said!

George Clooney
11-11-2010, 09:11 AM
What an arse.

That's how I see Allan MacGregor too.