PDA

View Full Version : Why do we only raise our game against the big teams?

matty_f
10-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Absolutely delighted with tonight's result, but it did make me wonder why we are able to raise our game against big teams but can't lift it for a derby.

hopefully cc will instil that level of performance as business as usual for us.

I absolutely love hibernian football club.

Big Frank
10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Absolutely delighted with tonight's result, but it did make me wonder why we are able to raise our game against big teams but can't lift it for a derby.

hopefully cc will instil that level of performance as business as usual for us.

I absolutely love hibernian football club.e

Its because we DON'T just raise our game for the big games (eg the OF), but we do well often against them because more often than not they let us play.... they go toe to toe. The next again week we tend to falter. Why? because the smaller teams tend to stop us playing first. imo the yammish do this too. They want a battle, and more often than not they have enough bruisers to do the battle (with the right blend of smaller nippy players).

Lastly, the derby is their cup final. They pump themselves to the extreme. The yammish would quite happily come 2nd bottom of the league every year as long as they end up above the cabbage.

We need to play everygame from now until the end of the season like a cup final. Whether its yams or buddies, huns or arabs!

RickyS
10-11-2010, 11:06 PM
e

Its because we DON'T just raise our game for the big games (eg the OF), but we do well often against them because more often than not they let us play.... they go toe to toe. The next again week we tend to falter. Why? because the smaller teams tend to stop us playing first. imo the yammish do this too. They want a battle, and more often than not they have enough bruisers to do the battle (with the right blend of smaller nippy players).

Lastly, the derby is their cup final. They pump themselves to the extreme. The yammish would quite happily come 2nd bottom of the league every year as long as they end up above the cabbage.

We need to play everygame from now until the end of the season like a cup final. Whether its yams or buddies, huns or arabs!

Jumbo Jim said as much in his interview after tonights match

Dashing Bob S
10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
e

Exactly. The self-styled 'wee fitba team' with their wee fitba mentality.