PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Huns

Wotherspiniesta
10-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Brown- 9 He was absolutely faultless. Couple of superb saves and his handling was impeccable.

Hart- 7 Solid, dealt with Lafferty well.

Dickoh- 8 Really impressive, didn't see that performance in him, but he played well and took his goal brilliantly.

Bamba- 9 Simply awesome. MOTM.

Grounds- 8 I like him, likes to get forward and seems composed. Did well v Weiss.

Murray- 9 Welcome back! complimented Miller well in the middle and put in some meaty tackles.

Miller- 9 Superb. Controlled the game 1st half. Faded a little in the 2nd, but helped slow things down at the start of the second half. More of the same please!

De Graaf- 7 He may be a bit clumsy but he keeps running. Can be proud of his shift tonight.

Wotherspoon- 8 Classy player in the making. Signs of his confidence coming back.

Rankin- 8 Took his goal superbly with his RIGHT PEG?! Passing was much better. Squiggler led to the 3rd and ran his socks of as per usual.

Trakys- 8 Not to everyones taste but I thought he was brilliant. Proper centre forward. Nearly killed Papac.

Subs:

Thicot- 5 Didnt do much, kept us in control.
Galbraith- 6 Good pace on the break. Seems better used as a sub.
Hogg- 4 No time.

Jonnyboy
10-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Brown- 9 He was absolutely faultless. Couple of superb saves and his handling was impeccable.

Dickoh- 8 Really impressive, didn't see that performance in him, but he played well and took his goal brilliantly.

Grounds- 8 I like him, likes to get forward and seems composed. Did well v Weiss.

Murray- 9 Welcome back! complimented Miller well in the middle and put in some meaty tackles.

Miller- 9 Superb. Controlled the game 1st half. Faded a little in the 2nd, but helped slow things down at the start of the second half. More of the same please!

De Graaf- 7 He may be a bit clumsy but he keeps running. Can be proud of his shift tonight.

Wotherspoon- 8 Classy player in the making. Signs of his confidence coming back.

Rankin- 8 Took his goal superbly with his RIGHT PEG?! Passing was much better. Squiggler led to the 3rd and ran his socks of as per usual.

Trakys- 8 Not to everyones taste but I thought he was brilliant. Proper centre forward. Nearly killed Papac.

Subs:

Hogg- 4 No time.

That'll surprise a few of his detractors :wink: I'm delighted he played so well and hope he can keep that level of performance going :agree:

Saorsa
10-11-2010, 09:39 PM
That'll surprise a few of his detractors :wink: I'm delighted he played so well and hope he can keep that level of performance going :agree:I hope they all can, 7's, 8's & 9's, no seen that for a long time

Jonnyboy
10-11-2010, 09:40 PM
I hope they all can, 7's, 8's & 9's, no seen that for a long time

:agree::thumbsup:

Cropley10
10-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Great to hear CC has found some players in there. Thanks

Kaiser1962
10-11-2010, 09:42 PM
That side looks a bit better balanced and did Murray do a bit of the enforcer stuff allowing Miller to play? A bit of muscle about that team as well whereby they have appeared soft recently. I am delighted.

essexhibee
10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Great to hear about trackys I'm very happy for him.
Great performance from the lads can't wipe the smile of my face.

Thecat23
10-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Wasn't there, but to go to Ibrox and do the best defence in the SPL by 3 and also play them off the park for long periods i'd have to say the whole team gets....:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Twiglet
10-11-2010, 09:56 PM

Subs:

Hogg- 4 No time.

What did he do?!

Wotherspiniesta
10-11-2010, 09:58 PM
What did he do?!

They both went for a header and clashed skulls. Papac got stretchered off.... Trakys stood up and got on with it. Solid. :agree:

Kaiser1962
What did he do?!

I wasnt there tonight Twiglet but he nailed Zaliukas (?) on Sunday as well.

No pulling out and studs up,,,,,,,,, and thats his mate.

Hiber-nation
What did he do?!

Just an arial collision...I actually thought Papac fouled him. Didn't think Trakys would get up from it but he soldiered on and Papac had to go off.

Perspective
10-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Brown 9 - Big save from Miller and handling of crosses was superb.

Hart 7 - Good, composed use of the ball and solid defensively.

Dickoh 6 - A worry early on for me and a lot of the danger came from his/Grounds' side. Good in the air, though, and the goal more than makes up for any slight faults.

Bamba 9 - Superb. When he has his head screwed on he's as good as there is in the SPL. Athleticism saved us a few times tonight with tackles that others simply wouldn't be capable of. That man would have done anything for a clean sheet tonight.

Grounds 6 - Still think he switches off too easily and can be a bit casual but solid enough and strong in the tackle. Also nice to see someone able to take a throw-in at last.

Murray 7 - Did well when walking the yellow card tightrope. Used the ball well and added some much needed physical presence, but not convinced he has the mobility or stamina to play there long-term. Adrenaline got him through.

Miller 9 - Brilliant. As he did at Celtic Park last season for the 1-0 win controlled the game. His retention of the ball in tight areas (even if it scares the life out of you at times) was key tonight.

De Graaf 7 - Best game in a Hibs shirt for me. Still think there's something to work with there if he gets time to settle in properly. Full of running and, again, good use of the ball.

Wotherspoon 6 - I'm a big fan but hope he rediscovers the self-belief that saw him take players on last season. A few times tonight he had the chance and cut back. But did his bit for the cause.

Rankin 8 - Covers, as usual, every blade. Passing sharper as others have noted and I still don't know how that goal flew in. Looked genuinely delighted at the end.

Trakys 6 - Don't think he can trap or do much constructively with the ball but put in an almighty shift and had real pest value.

Thicot - Kept it simple thankfully.
Galbraith - Think he has more in him. Could have stretched game a bit wider instead of coming in when on the ball and could be more involved when it's not in his area.
Hogg - No time.

All in all, what a night.

Twiglet
10-11-2010, 10:07 PM
They both went for a header and clashed skulls. Papac got stretchered off.... Trakys stood up and got on with it. Solid. :agree:

Hiber-nation

Just an arial collision...I actually thought Papac fouled him. Didn't think Trakys would get up from it but he soldiered on and Papac had to go off.

He's a Hibby, he's made of tough stuff. :agree::wink:

3pm
10-11-2010, 10:10 PM
That'll surprise a few of his detractors :wink: I'm delighted he played so well and hope he can keep that level of performance going :agree:

John, I am one of the detractors! He needs to do this more!

Jonnyboy
10-11-2010, 10:12 PM
John, I am one of the detractors! He needs to do this more!

Agreed as his form has been poor pre Ibrox (except the opening day at Motherwell) but maybe having a ball winner like Murray alongside him gives him the scope to be more creative.

Bayern Bru
10-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I can only assume that Miller read my crushingly vitriolic rant post-derby and has decided to sharpen up his act.

:wink:

By all accounts a stellar performance. Welcome back Liam!

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2010, 10:24 PM
As much as the players on Sunday were given no passmarks from me, I thought tonight everyone of them played for the jersey, their was fight and passion, and shape.... We chased every ball down and Bamba, Miller and Rankin deserve extra praise......

10 out of 10 for every player tonight........

since90plustwo
10-11-2010, 10:26 PM
10's all round! glad to see miller back to his best, always kept the faith n him, on of the SPLs finest on his day

hibernator
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Agreed as his form has been poor pre Ibrox (except the opening day at Motherwell) but maybe having a ball winner like Murray alongside him gives him the scope to be more creative.

Almost sure that Murray will have been a major factor in his performance, I think he always seems willing to close or chase but lacks the physique to be a defensive player, let him do what he is best at and we will benefit.

Bayern Bru
10-11-2010, 10:31 PM

Definitely John. Felt that alongside McBride or similar players, Miller has had to do their job as well as his and as a result struggles. With a tough-tackling scrapper like Murray next to him, as you say, I think he's more creative.

Heartening to see!

Mixu62
10-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Due to time-zone differences and internet control at work I only found out the score as I settled down to my lunch and nearly choked on my ham roll! I had to check it on the BBC a couple of times in case I'd mis-read the page and it was an SPL classic with Ivan's hat-trick or something! One more 3-0 win at Ipox and we get to keep it don't we?:greengrin:thumbsup: Ya beauty! Well done lads.

Albion Hibs
10-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Brown- 9 – Some excellent saves, think this performance early on gave him and the defense a lot of confidence, he just pushed on from there.

Hart- 7 – His best performance so far for me.

Dickoh- 8 – Probably a 7 at the start, improved as the game went on and got his goal – a CH chipping in with a goal should in fairness get him a 10.

Bamba- 9 – Played well and looks comfortable playing with Dickho

Grounds- 8 Despite the result on Sunday i thought he did well, improved on that performance and was very good.

Murray- 9 – Any coincidence he is back and the team not only fight for 90, but win – I dont think so. Brilliant tonight. Plenty of doubters coming out with the nonsense pace shout, have a word with yourselves. Good decision by CC to take him off, ref was chocking on sending him off and by then the huns were in there bed!!

Miller- 9 – Has taken a ridiculous amount of abuse from fans on here, was much better with Murray alongside him. Excellent and delighted he got his goal.

De Graaf- 7 Still get a little nervous with him at times, but he played well tonight.

Wotherspoon- 7 – Starting to look more like the player from the start of last season, hopefully he can push on from here.

Rankin- 8 Excellent finish, played well and worked as hard as he always does. Classic how he put in this shift, was involved in this result given some of todays threads.

Trakys- 8 Did very well, solid, did not think he had that in him to be honest, but delighted with his performance.

All in all worth the cold, the travel to and from that vile dump. Glad to see such a decent performance and three points. I am sure there will be a few out there gutted as they had already drafted the negative comments about Miller and his passion, Rankin not being worthy, Murray not having the legs and how the 1st team should be left in Glasgow so the team bus can go and pick up the youngsters from there loan clubs.

It simply would not be hibs if we did it the easy way. Well done lads, could never has asked for anything more!

Lets hammer these confused weegies on Saturday and keep marching on.

--------
10-11-2010, 10:44 PM

Subs:

Hogg- 4 No time.

Well, you certainly can't ask for more than that from the chap....

The Harp Awakes
10-11-2010, 10:44 PM

That's it for me. McBride's form in the 1st part of last season allowed Miller to play further up the park. Murray in midfield will let Miller play further upfield where he is best. Miller hardly got out his own half against Hearts because there was no cover in midfield behind him.

HFC 0-7
10-11-2010, 10:45 PM

Not to rain on your parade, but I fear Miller will be back to ordinary at the weekend. Miller has always done well when he has time on the ball thats why so many teams play with a man on him. Rangers probably thought they were to good for us and didnt have to worry about anyone in particular.

I can see the weekend being a very different Miller, IMO, until we get someone in there beside him with a bit of class (Zemmama) then teams will continue to put one man on him all the time giving him no time to pull the strings.

Jonnyboy
10-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but I fear Miller will be back to ordinary at the weekend. Miller has always done well when he has time on the ball thats why so many teams play with a man on him. Rangers probably thought they were to good for us and didnt have to worry about anyone in particular.

I can see the weekend being a very different Miller, IMO, until we get someone in there beside him with a bit of class (Zemmama) then teams will continue to put one man on him all the time giving him no time to pull the strings.

Superb - you don't want to rain on my parade but then proceed to do so :greengrin

Miller and Murray is the way to go but it will be a really stern test for us on Saturday :agree:

Billy Whizz
10-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Just back. Well done to all hibees who made the journey through. Took me 2 hours to get there tonight

Fans - 10 for having the faith to go there and support the team. A few funny songs
Team - 9 we rode our luck at times, but what the hell we deserved it!!!!
Don't really want to single out any names buy I will

Brown - best game in a Hibs jersey
Bamba- main man at the back
Miller - great performance
Murray - bite in midfield and allowed Miller to play
Trakys - good 90 mins that will give him confidence

Hail hail

Booked4Being-Ugly
10-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Just back. Well done to all hibees who made the journey through. Took me 2 hours to get there tonight

Fans - 10 for having the faith to go there and support the team. A few funny songs
Team - 9 we rode our luck at times, but what the hell we deserved it!!!!
Don't really want to single out any names buy I will

Brown - best game in a Hibs jersey
Bamba- main man at the back
Miller - great performance
Murray - bite in midfield and allowed Miller to play
Trakys - good 90 mins that will give him confidence

Hail hailI thought i heard the Hibs fans singing "we are the people" on the radio, am i right?

Removed
10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I thought i heard the Hibs fans singing "we are the people" on the radio, am i right?

:agree: We've sung that a lot through there

Removed
10-11-2010, 11:12 PM

Didn't surprise me, I know he's got class :agree:. Tonight he was fantastic. Having Ian Murray in there was a big factor imo.

(He was still ***** at Tannadice though :greengrin)