PDA

View Full Version : Most surprising result in our history?

jakedance
10-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Well done to CC and the boys tonight. An incredible result and hopefully the start of a climb up the table.

It might be the beer talking but I'm struggling to think of a bigger shock in the 20 odd years I've been watching Hibs.

Anyone?

hibsdaft
10-11-2010, 10:13 PM
absolutely gob-smacked.

AuldManDisguise
10-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Had a sneaking feeling we would get a good result tonight. Also suspected the Yams could beat Sellick.

Just wish Captain Hindsight was here to tell me what I should've done. :cool2:

--------
10-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Well done to CC and the boys tonight. An incredible result and hopefully the start of a climb up the table.

It might be the beer talking but I'm struggling to think of a bigger shock in the 20 odd years I've been watching Hibs.

Anyone?

Nah.

Last 20 years, maybe, but in our history?

One word - Naples. :notworthy:

millarco
10-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Had a sneaking feeling we would get a good result tonight. Also suspected the Yams could beat Sellick.

Even Captain Hindsight wouldn't have predicted this one!

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Never for one minute did i think we'd win tonight. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pete
10-11-2010, 11:41 PM

I thought we would put up a fight tonight and maybe get something.
We were so poor in the derby it's as if we had nothing to lose and we might as well go for their throat.

I never expected 3-0 though. Even at half-time I was just waiting for them to come back and score a few.

I'm hoping this is the start of the recovery and not just a flash in the pan. We're not bottom six material and even though tonight was exceptional we should take heart and belief that we can perform on the park.
If CC can make us consistent then maybe we can fulfill our potential. I don't see many other weak links in our set up...on and off the pitch.

basehibby
10-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Incredulously delighted :thumbsup:

Got home from a birthday meal with my dad and banged on the teletext -

page one - Yams 2 - Smelts 0 - (thinks) aw no - them lot will be gloating unbearably - especially when they see how many we've been gubbed by....

page two - WTF - YAAAAAAASSSS!!!!

Any 3-0 win at Ibrox is a major upset, but on the back of recent form this is a bolt right out of (or maybe "right up the") blue. Massive well done to CC - hopefully an indication of better things to come :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

CB_NO3
10-11-2010, 11:56 PM
It was an excellent result tonight dont get me wrong. I would have thought anyone backing Hibs tonight would be sniffing glue, but beating Rangers these days is not as much as a shock as it was say 15, 20 year ago, plus Inverness drew with them last week so although it is a shock it aint that much a shock if that makes sence.

El Gubbz
10-11-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm surprised we scored :greengrin

AuldManDisguise
11-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Even Captain Hindsight wouldn't have predicted this one!
:confused:

That's the point (and the problem), millarco - Cpt. Hindsight* predicts nothing. :boo hoo:

Still, even if I'm not suddenly minted, the Greens done us all proud tonight.

GGTTH

* - Check out South Park episode 'Coon2'

hiblander
11-11-2010, 12:59 AM
Nostradamus, the Brahan Seer, John McCriddick and Jesus could'nt have predicted that one.

:bye:

Jim Herriot
11-11-2010, 02:11 AM
This was mentioned on the BBC's coverage...

The last time the Old Firm lost to the two Edinburgh sides on the same day - 29 April 1972. Rangers defender Davie Weir must've been in his early 30s then...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9177446.stm

For the record, the fixtures were the same. The scores were...
Rangers 1 (Johnstone) Hibs 2 (Auld, O'Rourke pen)
Hearts 4 (Murray, Ford, Renton, Brown) Celtic 1 (Murdoch pen)

Hibs ended fourth, behind Rangers on goal difference.
Celtic were already champions. Hearts finished sixth. According to http://londonhearts.com/scores/images/1972/1972042901.htm
The official Celtic Supporters Club called for a boycott protesting at crowd congestion at an earlier in the season cup replay at Tynecastle

1875godsgift
11-11-2010, 02:27 AM
This was mentioned on the BBC's coverage...

The last time the Old Firm lost to the two Edinburgh sides on the same day - 29 April 1972. Rangers defender Davie Weir must've been in his early 30s then...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9177446.stm

For the record, the fixtures were the same. The scores were...
Rangers 1 (Johnstone) Hibs 2 (Auld, O'Rourke pen)
Hearts 4 (Murray, Ford, Renton, Brown) Celtic 1 (Murdoch pen)

Hibs ended fourth, behind Rangers on goal difference.
Celtic were already champions. Hearts finished sixth. According to http://londonhearts.com/scores/images/1972/1972042901.htm
The official Celtic Supporters Club called for a boycott protesting at crowd congestion at an earlier in the season cup replay at Tynecastle
They've always been moanin bar-stewards right enough! Probably caused by the majority of them trying to pay in old pennies stolen from their grannies knickers