PDA

View Full Version : We must find a balance

southern hibby
10-11-2010, 08:43 AM
We had good, bordering on great young players at Hibs without the training facilities we have now.
But now we have this brand new facility the conveyor belt has dried up. what young players we do have that might make the grade seem to be loaned out before they were even given a game.

I know we have a different manager in now but surely we need to get these loans back when they run out and at least give them a few games to at least show the older players that their place is up for grabs and if they do not get it sorted.

I have come to the point in my footballing mad life to admit that I am sick of Hibs selling to balance books. (Petrie if you ever do read this please do not think this is a dig at you because I have nothing but admiration for what you have done to my club OFF THE PARK, staduim/debt/training facilities), However please take this onboard.
FOOTBALL IS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS ON THE PARK. You must serouisly look at getting more funding for the footballing side of things. this must be your number one priority as we will end up having the best of everything in the First Division.

pentlando
10-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I think the difference is that previously many of the younger players that have emerged have been due to necessity due to smaller squads. We actually have a fairly large first team squad, we could actually field two different back fours that would look strong on paper.

I do think you're right though, and especially up front some of the younger players need to get a chance even as impact players. It can't be easy trying to positively influence a game with 4 or 5 defenders sitting on the bench.