PDA

View Full Version : Sunday attendance

TrinityHibs
10-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I just noticed the attendance was17,767 on Sunday. When did Hibs last have a larger home crowd? Also outside of the OF when did Hibs play in front of a larger away crowd in the league.

Just made me think what kind of crowd we could get if we were playing well.

Also how much do Hibs get for featuring on TV?

PaulSmith
10-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I just noticed the attendance was17,767 on Sunday. When did Hibs last have a larger home crowd? Also outside of the OF when did Hibs play in front of a larger away crowd in the league.

Just made me think what kind of crowd we could get if we were playing well.

Also how much do Hibs get for featuring on TV?

If Hibs had been playing well then we would've been v close to a sell out.

You don't get a payment for being on the TV, each club is paid the same % with an added % based on where you finish in the league.

Keith_M
10-11-2010, 06:57 AM
If Hibs had been playing well then we would've been v close to a sell out.

You don't get a payment for being on the TV, each club is paid the same % with an added % based on where you finish in the league.

The only 'reward' clubs get for being chosen to be on T.V are having the game moved and a drop in attendance. The less home games a club has televised live, the better it is for them financially.

Now, remind me, which two clubs are only ever shown playing at home when they're playing each other.....
:hmmm:

Hibbyradge
10-11-2010, 07:49 AM
The only 'reward' clubs get for being chosen to be on T.V are having the game moved and a drop in attendance. The less home games a club has televised live, the better it is for them financially.

Now, remind me, which two clubs are only ever shown playing at home when they're playing each other.....
:hmmm:

That's because the TV are really only interested in them.

If they left, so would the TV money.

We get a good deal out of their "popularity", I'm afraid.